Forums / Manchester City
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester City V Reading, Dec 22
Lucio8 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I gotta' give props out to Reading and their defensive composure; that being said, this is the kind of team that ruins football, trying to play for a tie. Anyways, Forza Man City!.... And Lio Messi
Beautifulgame (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I'll be quite sad if Reading go down this season. I was looking forward to having them and Southampton in the league. AND, when you're playing Man CIty, sometimes playing for a tie might be advisable if you aren't playing too well for the first 45 minutes
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
@lucio8
"this is the kind of team that ruins football, trying to play for a tie"

Let me enlighten you little boy.... When a small team play against a big team (or in this case, a team built with money), the best strategy is to play defensive and steal some opportunities with counter attack.... Reading has finely displayed that....

I guess you are just another glory hunter who recently jumped ship after the sheikh bought the club....
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
In midfield that is a foul all day. Why it's not a foul in stoppage time and in the box is beyond all logic
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Mike deans a city fan
Well let's hope all the ill-informed glory hunters-slash-mercenaries can now stop saying man utd is lucky and depends on the referees
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
How is that not a f*****g foul? Barry obviously climbing and not going straight up, it's a foul ever time!
Blayzie (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Got to love Fax sports Saccer
Peteko 1 year ago
Ridiculous refereeing. Small clubs are being discriminated.

That was a foul by Barry. And Rakik's cynical clash was a penalty.

It is all very depressing
Razadona (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Scored by barry and assist by ref to win this game! Man shitty deserved nothing...
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Do you remember how you all won against reading?
Akjepsen (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm speechless.  
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
In regards to the winner, that's a tough one to call. Barry is airbourne and has eyes for the ball the whole time and the shorey kinda just gets in the way.

I like seeing referees not give fouls for every bit of contact between players. The game is getting softer and softer. Football is a contact sport and always will be. The day that referees blow every time a player touches another one will be a sad day for football
Hahaha lucky as usual
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
May I remind you of a certain deflection in a certain recent derby?
Vinspkumar (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Good defending By reading there.... Man City was Lucky over there.... Thanks to Barry to get 3 valuable Points...
Vinspkumar (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Silva & Aguero showed their class...
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
Absolutely a foul by Barry....
City and Arsenal both winning by ref decisions....
Seriously if it goes on like this, less and less people will be inclined to watch football
Vespasien (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I really really don't think Barry Fouled him. The defender just stood there. I mean a normal defender would have gone to the ball before barry did. But because the defender didn't act, Barry Who was running for it ended up on his back. I just don't see how there ref couldn't count that as a goal.... It would have been huge controversy if they disallowed the goal.
And sorry everyone, no way was that PK. Rekik stood his line and got there at the perfect time. And the attacker just ran into him. He was definitely NOT hurt. Rekik was stronger. That would have been hugely controversial if they called a PK.
Good game. Reading played so well defensively. CIty was disappointing but satisfied in the end
IN FACT, the reading defender went away from the ball! He didn't go to the ball. No doubt he gets caught. The remarks by the reading coach are zoo utterly wrong. I mean with all do respect!
Joshd24 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Have to agree with you there. The defender didn't even try to contest the ball. He was already walking away from it. Trying for the foul instead of properly defenfing it maybe? Harsh.... But someone other than Man UTD needs to get decisions to keep up.... As nothing is going our way this season
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
Had Barry headed the ball and then used the defender's shoulders to land or to prevent falling, then fine.
That was not the case. He uses the defender as a leverage to get to the ball. 100% foul
Malachai (Manchester United) 1 year ago
To me I really think its a goal. Whatever it is, its given. However, it was a disappointing effort from Man City overall
DaManUMan (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Now go ahead and talk about how ManUtd pays refs and always gets favored by them
Lucio8 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Your an idiot, if it was United you'd say this; " the defender stands in one spot, impeding the movement of Barry/ any United player, Barry/any united player had every right to go for that ball". So stfu you little pussy
Yes Lucio8! I find it shocking that people see it as a foul. At most the defender stopped barry run to the ball. Barry was taken by the defender into the air because the defender backed up. The fact the Barry managed to reach the ball is remarkable
Joshd24 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
So quiet at the Etihad
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Yeah chelsea fans know what quiet is like? We don't know 'cause we play at liverpool (anfield)
Honestabe (Liverpool) 1 year ago
We all know what quiet is like, we've all seen games at old trafford XP

Kick4Life - changing lives through football