Forums / Manchester City
Order: Newest / Oldest
Chelsea V Manchester City, Aug 12
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Yes! The season's started!
SDCottager13 (Fulham) 1 year ago
6 yellows, and a straight red in a losing effort.... I'd be excited too.  
Snitch (Manchester City) 1 year ago
It could have been 3 to 4 red cards really
Biggs50 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Well I don't think Fulham will ever compete in a Community Shield unfortunately for you. Keep SpectHating
Alfrodo (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Some classic banter right here
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
You're just a small team in Putney
SDCottager13 (Fulham) 1 year ago
I rather like it that way.... It makes it all the more enjoyable when You big spenders couldn't defeat us at the Cottage or the Bridge last season.
Loopster (Arsenal) 1 year ago
The serbs have such a tendency to fight, even amongst themselves
Mikel & Lampard are too poor now for CM & CDM. Oscar & Essien or Oscar & Romeu
Snarfff (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Holy sh*t are you one stupid bandwagon fan. You do realize ever since Mikel has come back from injury he's been your most consistent player, right? He puts in more effort than the rest of your team. I'm not saying Oscar or Romeu won't be good, but you have to be unbelievably stupid to not see the talent in both Lamps and Mikel. I don't even like Chelsea or Mikel and I can see/appreciate his skill and talent.

Dumb people make dumb comments about dumb things
Kraybon (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Mikel's ability actually lies right in between both of your descriptions. He was excellent in last year's champions league matches, especially the final. He played a huge part in our first ever champions league win, so it's difficult to criticize him without feeling guilty. However, he is piss poor at the moment, giving up the ball almost every time he touches it. It's unbelievable how bad he has been this preseason. Chelsea's playing style begs for a powerful ball winner who can pass quickly and creatively. Mikel currently can't do either of those things consistently. I really hope he improves this season, as he has shown glimpses of absolute genius
Decud (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I agree with the Mikel analysis, the guy loses the ball every time he gets it, Essien totally outclassed him in the pre-season games I saw them play.
I feel like Chelsea is just favouring him because he was the only fit holding midfielder in their champions league run.... But no way you play this guy I'm seeing in front of Essien for the rest of the season.
Lampard again, just drifts off and disappear during games
Mylica (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Nice game, big score, good as an opening
Juliankershi (Arsenal) 1 year ago
   Not much longer, but its english and decent quality :)
TypeHunDread (Manchester City) 1 year ago
CITEH!
Kraybon (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Kudos to City. Despite the loss, I'm pleased with the result. Didn't expect to beat the best squad in the EPL so losing 2-3 with 10 men (Iva you idiot!) is acceptable, I suppose. A few notes....

-Mikel was dreadful. I feel guilty for being so frustrated with him after what he did for us in the champions league last season, but holy sh** he is absolutely worthless right now.
-Hazard, despite his back heel face plant, looks deadly. Our attack is already 10x more aggressive than it was last season.
-Torres looks extremely sharp and ready to have a great season. I think he's going to thrive with the new creativity we've brought in.
-Our defence is still horrendous. It's City, so of course we were going to be stretched.... But the defending was downright ugly today. Luiz especially.
-City looked great. The title is theirs to lose this season.

I can not wait until next weekend. A little gel time and I think this new look Chelsea will be VERY strong. Ktbffh!
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Man city fans enjoyed the game how comes mancini is looking not so happy no wonder why he didn't have a smile on his face? Anyway its their first community shield since 1972
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Hazard got roughed up a little. Just a simple welcome to the epl treatment. Both teams played well but it was clear which team was better. I hope this 3 man back line thing for city isn't permanent with savic back there -. -
I4SUN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Can't be happier despite the red card. Chelsea is playing against a team of EPL's proven All-stars. Of course, defence needs to improve but attacking getting more aggressive. Apparently, Mikel needs to be tougher in ball fighting. He's too soft! Ryan Betrand should try RB, he's fast! Nice game!
Gunnerdemaestro (Arsenal) 1 year ago
First off, torres WILL return TO HIS BEST! I'm actually afraid of what he might do, he never use to do the cute little goals, every goal was more or less a banger. He's more elegant now

I hope Hazard gives us more of those flopped skills. He's gonna' have a good season up until January. Then we'll hear the Chelsea fans talk about "its his first season lalala"
Easy fix for the Defensive errors play Cahill replace Luiz. Lampard time is soon coming to an end. Oscar time
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Luiz was best performer what are you on? The terry bandwagoners always find another to blame!

Terry made more mistakes then anybody in that defence line, look @ the tevez goal
Majormagix (Fulham) 1 year ago
Chelsea really needs to tear off the bandage and get on with youth, the old guard looks, well, old! Lots of young potential though. Great stuff from City, but we'll have to see how all those egos get on for another year
Buffgeologist (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Here is my Humble recap/review of todays day
-Overall satisfaction (7. 5/10)
-Mikel didn't play to his full potential, he gave the ball away too many timeS and was out of position alot, He only played 20% of how he did in the champions league final
-Hazard was invisible today but that is understandable his first game in the EPL.
-Torres goal was a product of good striker instinct ramirez's speed and mata's creativity and I see more of that this season
-I still believe in a Luiz/Cahill center back with JT as a back up
-Ivanovic's red card cost us the game because ramirez had to fall back and our midfield was pretty much Lamps and Mata (since Mikel and Hazard didn't show up)
- Man city is a proven strong team and in the first half we clearly outplayed them
- overrall I am happy with this game, I think this will be a great season. Carefree where-ever you may be and KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLY HIGH AND UP THE chels. Looking forward to watching the game with you lots
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 1 year ago
First half out played man city.... You have to be a blind man, the goal as the commentator said was against the run of play
HongKongBluey (Manchester City) 1 year ago
What? You clearly outplayed us? Before you scored that goal, we were totally dominating you. Chelsea forwards could not get the ball let alone keep it. You scored against the run of play, and not once did you look like you were controlling the game.

Lampard and Ramirez should have both walked 100% with double yellows, and Tevez should have got a penalty for Luiz bulldozering him over in the box.

Chelsea may have bought in 3 great attacking talents, but your back 4 seriously needs some work!
WetporridgeCITY (Manchester City) 1 year ago
No.... No way you outplayed us.... If not for pantilimon mistake you would probably only had 2 shot on target 1 goal?
FinalManBack (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Tevez's goal was just too perfect. As for the double-yellow thing, I'm sick of seeing these cocky strikers ripping the ball out of the keepers hands. It's ridiculous. Ref's should be throwing yellows at 'em
ElPhenomeno01 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
They only "ripped" the ball out of his hands so they can get the quick restart. There was no reason the keeper had to be a total douchebag and hold on to the ball like that

Kick4Life - changing lives through football