Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Summer 2013 Transfer Window
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Howdy all,

Thought that in the off season, with plenty of transfer news heading around the place, thought I'd put up a thread with updated (or at least as updated as I can, haha ) news of transfers in and out of Liverpool. If you have any others that I've missed in the list below, please comment and I'll update the list as often as possible.

Updated AS OF 2/9/13

Confirmed

IN - Luis Alberto (Sevilla, £7m), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo, £7. 7 million), Aly Cissokho (Valencia, loan), Herbie Kane (Bristol City, undisclosed), Tiago Ilori (Sporting Lisbon, £7m), Simon Mignolet (Sunderland, £11m), Victor Moses (Chelsea, loan), Mamadou Sakho (Paris St Germain, £12 million), Kolo Toure (Manchester City, free)

OUT - Krisztian Adorjan (FC Groningen, loan), Oussama Assaidi (Stoke City, loan), Tyrell Belford (released), Jamie Carragher (retired), Andrew Carroll (West Ham, £15. 5m), Conor Coady (Sheffield United, loan), Stewart Downing (West Ham, £5m), Peter Gulacsi (Red Bull Salzburg, free), Michael Ngoo (Yeovil, loan), Pepe Reina (Napoli, loan), Jack Robinson (Blackpool, loan), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea, £6m), Jay Spearing (Bolton, undisclosed), James Stephens (released), Suso (Almeria, loan), Danny Wilson (released).

Rumored

IN - Toby Alderweireld (Ajax), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Asmir Begovic (Stoke City), Matheus Biteco (Gremio), Sam Byram (Leeds United), Diego Capel (Sporting Lisbon), José Callejón (Real Madrid), Nacer Chadli (FC Twente), Aurelien Chedjou (Lille), Gerard Deulofeu (Barcelona), Douglas (FC Twente), Eljero Elia (Werder Bremen), Jorginho (Hellas Verona), Unai López (Athletic Bilbao), Dieumerci Mbokani (Anderlecht), Nolito (Benfica), Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio), Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke 04), Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla), Michel Vorm (Swansea), Ashley Williams (Swansea), Willian (Anzhi Makhachkala), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)

OUT - Daniel Agger (AS Monaco), Martin Skrtel (Napoli), Luis Suarez (Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Napoli, Real Madrid)
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Good idea mate!
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Since this is the transfer window thread I thought it'd be fitting to know the people behind getting potential players for Liverpool Football club and the various scouts that watch these players

Also here is a great piece from Thisisanfield explaining the 'transfer committee' :

Link: www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/liverpool-fc-transfe...

Here's a small bit from it -

Brendan Rodgers - First Team Manager

As Ayre explained in the Sports Illustrated interview, “He [Rodgers] has a team of people that go out and do an inordinate amount of analysis work to establish who are the best players in that position. It’s a combination of things.”

So, Rodgers briefs his team on the positions to fill, the scouting team then provide recommendations and the committee collectively value the player accordingly, in terms of value and also wages.

In an interview in March Rodgers explained his vision for the squad was to have “two players in every outfield position and your three goalkeepers. Then below that having young players who can support that.”

Explains some other key figures in the article

Kick4Life - changing lives through football