Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Player Profiles 2013-2014
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Thought we could start a new topic of Player Profiles in the Liverpool squad. Can be from the 1st team, U21's, U18's

Each week after every game we could rate the players performance in the match, basically monitoring their form throughout the grueling Barclay's Premiere League Schedule. If it's not a 1st team player who maybe we don't get to see each week, we could still do a basic profile on them (age, nationality, jersey #, position, any kind of info etc) Also we could post links to interviews or video's of the specific player profile, news about the player, injuries, progress in the squad. Hope to see all of you kopites contributing to it

First Name: Andre

Surname: Wisdom

Squad Number: 47

Position: Defender (RB)

Height: 1.86m

Weight: 78 kg

D.Oh.Be.: 9 May 1993

Nationality: England

*Very great news for all Liverpool fans with our Young talented prospect signing a new deal:

Link: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/wisdom-it-was...

Young Wisdom, He is a rock; but he was overplayed when introduced earlier in the season and clearly looked fatigued in the last couple of games before he was rested.

He's looking like a rock again now. What a luxury of options we have in Johnson, Kelly and Wisdom for RB. I think Wisdom will eventually move back to CB, which is his natural position, but currently his youth and athleticism makes him very good as the slightly defensive back of the back four. Doesn't look like Kelly will be back to next season. This gives the time for Wisdom to shine and show the world what he is capable of.

Also, looking at him, can't believe he's 19. Doesn't have the Insane Asylum look of a Skrtel, but could probably bully him easily anyway in a fisticuff, maybe I'm going a bit to far here lmao

"EL pistolero"

First Name: Luis

Surname: Suárez

Squad Number: 7

Position: Forward

Height: 1.81m

Weight: 81 kg

D.Oh.Be.: 24 Jan 1987

Nationality: Uruguay

Brilliant article on Suarez:

We thought, when you joined us, we'd be every club's nightmare,
But sadly the blonde c*nt left, leaving us in despair

With the ban and the goal drought, your first season was sad...
But we knew you are a great player, and you were everything we had...

Now everyone sees what we saw, that you give everything in every game, It doesn't happen just like that, when Anfield chants your name...

You are one of the very few, who can make the ball to sing,
Its no wonder, they call you "One of the best Nutmeg Kings"

They called you a racist, they called you a cheat...
We know it doesn't matter, you still have a sound sleep!

They say you are a diver, one who makes too easy a fall,
We know the passion behind it, your celebration says it all....

Hated by many, loved by many more,
You are in our hearts, and You'll Never Walk Alone...
A tweet from the Mansfield goalkeeper:

Alan Marriott ‏@Mazza_78

Got a lot of time for Suarez though and to constantly call him a cheat is poor IMO! #worldclassplayer
Suarez has admitted he 'invented' a foul during a Premier League match against Stoke earlier this season, but believes he was treated unfairly over his controversial FA Cup goal against Mansfield.

The striker scored what turned out to be the winning goal against the non-league side after handling the ball. And in a television interview with Fox Sports Argentina, the Uruguay international has hit out at his critics.

He claimed: "Manchester United controls the media, they are powerful and the media will always help them. "

He said: "I don't listen all the nonsense some people say about me. I'm accused of cheating here. People say I throw myself all the time inside the box. "

"The media make up a lot of things about me because they want to sell papers. I say to the media: You should talk more about football, not about other stuff. "

Suarez claims that the media treat South American players such as himself, and Manchester City's Argentinian forwards Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero, with a lack of respect.

He added: "When someone comes and says to me something bad about being a South American, I don't cry, because that happens inside the pitch. "

Got to love Suarez having a go at Man UTD lol
Here's one of our new Brazilian player... Coutinho

Full Name: Philippe Coutinho Correia
Date of Birth: 12 June 1992 (20 yrs old)
Place of Birth: Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Height: 5ft. 8in.
Club: Inter Milan -----> Now Liverpool
Previous Clubs: Vasco De Gama, Espanyol (loan 2012)
Position: Attacking Midfielder; Left, Right, Centre.

This quality of dribbling that he brings with him is very different from the unconventional dribbling that Suarez brings to the table and it adds a new facet to our offensive capabilities. His speed and control of the ball on the dribble makes him a very good counter-attacking threat and a trio of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho is truly fearsome. With a good technique and dribbling, he can hold up play high up the pitch too.

He has a peach of a first touch and has a very good awareness of the defenders around him. This enables him to take out the onrushing defenders with his first touch, something that even cultured wingers develop at a much later stage. His first touch also extends to his passing and he is very good at playing those quick one-twos in tight places. One of the most impressive things about him is after playing a pass, he does not linger and moves into those little pockets of space, and by moves I mean zips at full speed, and this is a very important aspect to the game especially higher up the pitch where you are constantly marked and space is at a premium. With his speed and movement linking up with him becomes very easy and he is always available for the next pass. Being comfortable with both his feet, he can dribble or pass off either foot.

Link: img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/112/5...

His loan to Espanyol:

The loan to Espanyol has had a huge impact on his gameplay. Under Pochettino, he has grown as a player. He is now comfortable in holding up play higher up the pitch, comes deep to get the ball, and has gained mastery over free kicks. He has learnt the art of getting the ball to curl over the wall and bring it down in time. His set pieces have improved and he has started taking some of the corners for Inter Milan and he does provide good deliveries.

All said and done, he still has a lot to learn. His decision making still leaves room for improvement. He sometimes dribbles too much and gets himself into trouble. He is occasionally chooses to dribble instead of passing the ball when the pass would have been better. His choice of passing also needs to be a bit more refined so that he takes lesser risks when he plays a pass. For all the dribbling his finishing is a bit poor.

He would be the complete package if he could just find an end product to his game. He is a bit poor in the air but that is expected of such a player. And yeah, he cannot cross. He is also a bit injury prone and this may need the services of our medical team. He is a bit light weight for the premier league, but if the recent success of players like Mata and Hazard is anything to go by, he should do fine.

Rubin (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
I hate that Inter sold Coutinho, but at least he went to Liverpool and that makes me feel better.
Me too
Coutinho was very impressive on his full home debut against Swansea City. Like Rodgers has said despite his young age he does have a smart footballing brain. We've already seen in that game he linked up with Suarez nicely. It will take a bit of time to adjust to the demanding physical nature of the BPL but that is quite normal for a lot of new players making the move to England. He kind of reminds of that player for Benfica Aimar I think his name is? Very quick and compact on the ball and likes to take defenders on (something which our team has lacked this season and seasons past) I think he has a bright future with the Reds and will only continue to get better with characters like Lucas, Suarez, Gerrard, Carragher to help him progress!
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
This guy is Class
Other teams may become more aware of him next season, I'm not sure that you can do too much differently when a player has excellent vision and passing ability combined with having someone like Suarez who's movement is as good as anyones in England.

Coutinho's movement in behind is excellent as well and Sturridge is impressive with his too and has pace to burn to go with it. We're starting to see the real fluid frontline that Rodgers is obviously looking for.

Coutinho fits in here like a glove. I'm sure his form is going to dip at some point but it's hard to not get excited about a player who's quick, very intelligent and has very good technical ability. Far from predictable or a one trick pony, I don't think he'll get 'worked out' like what happens to some players.

Plus, his name is ace as is his hair. Cheeky smile with that barnet is a winner in my book.
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Our new #10.

.... Gerrard. Lucas....
Suarez. Coutinho. Mertens
.... Sturridge....

Looks a solid front line to me
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Yeah its ok suarez is best

Kick4Life - changing lives through football