Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Meeting Robbie Fowler
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I had the opportunity to meet up with Robbie Fowler today for a quick chat and photo after an A-League game. I work as a stretcher bearer for the Wellington Phoenix, so got to see him play against us from close range

Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
Where's that footytube.com shirt you should be wearing at work? Haha
I wanted to! It didn't arrive in time
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lucky! When was that. I saw him in the match thou!  First lfc player i've seen. And it had to be god
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
How does it feel standing so close to a god
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Nice. I wonder how he is doing there.

We don't get too much coverage of A league over here!

To me, Fowler will always be a Liverpool legend!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Great! How was he as a person (polite, etc) did you get him to sign anything
He was a really nice guy, happy to sign anything and be in photos etc. He even walked right over to the fences where a few people were yelling and begging for an autograph
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
That's awesome! I was going to come down for the game but we're building a house here that is about to be finished. Gutted I missed it now! HOw was the game, Ant?

Are you going to be at the World Cup play-off? Myself, 2 other English blokes and a German are coming down for that one
The game was a tragedy! We scored on about 6 mins were winning for the entire game, but then Fowler took a free kick on 90+3 and someone turned it in. That levelled up the game and it ended 1-1. Exciting, and great to see the Prowler in action but heartbreaking ending.

I'm actually trying to arrange to be a stretcher bearer for the NZ world cup play off. Free pitchside seat!
How does it feel standing so close to a god  
He touched a small boy in a wheelchair and the boy got up and started to play football
wow it s amazing, don't you tell him to touch our lads for this weekend

Kick4Life - changing lives through football