Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Mansfield Town V Liverpool, Jan 6
Robin929 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Winning like that against Mansfield Town.... Be ashamed Liverpool, be ashamed. MT = Awesome. L = Rubbish
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Be wise.... Blame the ref incompetency...
I am not saying he or Liverpool cheated, I'm sure every other player would have done the same thing if they got the ball on their hand like that. But winning with such a goal, 2 - 1, against Mansfield Town is not okay on any level, for any premier league team. Especially one whose ambitions is to be in the top 4. Consider the outcome of the match, MT deserved the win more
Faceo (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Arsenal lost to brimingham city in carling cup final a few years ago and then to bradford city about a month ago.... Just sayin
LyverBird (Liverpool) 1 year ago
"Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house"  That's all I got to say to Mr. Arsenal fan
Jepc92003 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Not everyone, I recall Robbie Fowler from old good Liverpool times, that was a classy striker, once he admitted against Arsenal it wasn't penalty, I hope honestly would come one day to athletes so it can be more worthy
Honestabe (Liverpool) 1 year ago
"shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta' glass jaw you should watch yo mouf because i'll break yo face. " -my man fiddy
Haha, what kind of troll logic is that? Just becuse Arsenal, a team which I have no connection to, other then that I like them, have some really embarising games, does not mean that what I said are less true. You must be retarded
Bambam36 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It's funny that an Arsenal fan is commenting on how not to win a game, I'm sure Arsene will take any kind of goal he can get atm
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
More of that against Man UTD Sturridge!
Sirava (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Ohh, what a surprise! It's Luis the bitch again...
You'll be saying much worse when he scores against you on Sunday
Need a tissue?
Sirava (Manchester United) 1 year ago
This sunday your ass will be red boy, I swear
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Of course luis will score with hand and legs as using head could be dangerous to life...
Suarez handled the ball out of pure instinct today. He knew that if it hit him on the head, he could of died
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Could've = could have
Thanks teacher, hope I get a awesome grade in your class
It's "an awesome grade"
Hahaha
Areacodeboy7 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Lol Dan, YOU FAIL! Hahahahaah
TheBokiya (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I feel bad for your teacher, Dan
So do I lol
OzilReal (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Damn! Grammar cop everywhere :facepalm
^ right? -_-
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Look like Dan is going to get A+ at this rate LOL
Tansrb (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Well then, mansfield gave pool a run for their money today didn't they? Nice to see daniel doing well in his first game
LyverBird (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I wouldn't call today's performance "doing well". Hope he steps it up because most of us who watched the game aren't impressed by him at all. He could've easily scored a hattrick
Modeyv2 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Hahahaha, People voting for Suarez's goal as goal of the week
Feedingthefoot (Liverpool) 1 year ago
The ball hit his hand and not the other way around. Also Suarez seemed surprised he wasn't called for hand ball. If the ref doesn't call it doesn't mean it didn't happen but what would do you want him to do.... Go up to the ref and say "Sorry sir but that was illegal and you should dismiss that goal" Yeah right any footballer would have done the same thing and kept his mouth shut. Suarez was lucky but his determination and positioning is what lead to that luck.
Was a very sloppy game on a rough pitch but glad we made it through
Buenos (Aston Villa) 1 year ago
I would like to make one thing clear, from a neutral's perspective.
That was a very deliberate handball. Suarez has gone out of his way to bring it down (with his arm) and, strike it home for Liverpool's second.

Good luck in the 4th round
Could give Suarez a red for that. That's how clearly deliberate it was
Faceo (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It was a 50/50 for me. I think it was a little bit of both. Not a red card though
UWMike (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
Liverpool fans are funny. That was the most blatantly deliberate handball since Henry vs. Ireland. As for your claim that no footballer would admit to an illegally scored goal I have one thing to say to you: Klose vs. Napoli. It's exactly what he should have done. It's Mansfield Town for Christ's sake, in a match where you should have expected to put at least 3 or 4 past them. I think it's astounding how willfully ignorant some people become when it comes to 'defending' their team.

Good luck in the next round, but just know that if you end up winning the cup, it will have a big asterisk beside it
@UWMike Oh please, a big asterisk beside it? Behave. Even the goal didn't count best Mansfield were going to do was a draw and a trip to Anfield where they would have been resoundingly beaten.

It was a handball, and it was probably deliberate but seriously what footballer (except Klose) would admit to it. Should they? Yes. But the harsh reality is people aren't that honest
Blayzie (Liverpool) 1 year ago
@UWMike

Go to google, and search for another example of a player being honest after A handball in professional football. You find TWO example out of thousands of games played every year
Cjindok (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Mansfield Town manager Paul Cox said:

“Luis is a fabulous player and has fantastic caliber. ” (Reporter – “Have you been cheated out of it? ”) “No, it had taken a few deflections, Suarez kicked the ball in frustration as he didn’t think the goal had stood”.

“Just because it’s Suarez everyone has a go at him, if the referee doesn’t see it then what can you do? ”

Haha I bet those are not real Liverpool fans lol another great former striker from Anfield would say otherwise, I think Suarez don't need to do that and if he would have been honest with the ref it would had turn off some of his critics, Robbie Fowler wasn't as skilled but he was way more classier because he admitted it, I'm ashamed of Luis cause I'm SouthAmerican
Kayslay (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Well said @ UWMike, don't let them change the truth in what THe Whole world saw. The great escape by Suarez, a book from the Kop. The words Cheat are all you will find there and if you support LFC you get a copy of every new edition after every game
Ibrahimazhar (Swansea City) 1 year ago
Suarez cheating? No way
I like your sarcasm lol
Krizzle (Manchester United) 1 year ago
More blame should be put on the linesman and ref.... Should of seen that but oh well that's life...
Very funny hearing these couch footballers talk about how deliberate that handball was
LOL Now that's funny. Try semi-pro. What's your take on it?

The only thing Suarez has going for him, is how close he was to the keeper. Still, factoring that in I can't see why you'd delude yourself, thinking it wasn't deliberate
Shouldn't you be yelling at chelsea fans or something?
RufusBuford (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Fantastic cup tie! Great atmosphere and a super classy gesture to the 96 from Mansfield Town too! Much respect and thanks to them. Great start for sturridge and LFC but mansfield dominated us in the 2nd half. Football is about taking chances and brad jones made a few great saves to ensure MT didn't take more of theirs. Lfc ran out of ideas and Allen was overrun. As for the winning goal - the way suarez blasted the ball into the net after he handled it indicated to me that he didn't expect to get away with anything. Its only after the goal is given does he kiss his wrist and "celebrate. " those of you damning suarez should be looking at the refs. A famous draw for MT would've been the fair result
Wait wait wait wait wait.... Am I reading/hearing correctly that people think Luis kissing his wrist has something to do with that handball?! They should fire those commentators. He kiss's his wrist every TIME HE scores, why? Because he has his daughters name tattooed on his wrist
He's scored 15 goals this season.... People should bloody well know by now
OzilReal (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Suarez showing everyone who is the da boss!
Mansfield Town manager Paul Cox said:

“Luis is a fabulous player and has fantastic caliber. ” (Reporter – “Have you been cheated out of it? ”) “No, it had taken a few deflections, Suarez kicked the ball in frustration as he didn’t think the goal had stood”.

“Just because it’s Suarez everyone has a go at him, if the referee doesn’t see it then what can you do? ”
Peteko 1 year ago
Classy from Cox
Kayslay (Manchester United) 1 year ago
So the witness of the losing manager gives this great act of Villainy its merit. Cox was swimming in the attention from the reporter, on a game which was being beemed to 200 countries, HE WAS ON international TV, the guy will say everything NICE to look like a good bloke
Loopy8 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
That doesn't make sense. Suarez celebrates by kissing his wrist the second after 'kicking the ball in frustration'. He obviously didn't think the goal didn't stand
Loopy8 then he thought the goal should stand because it was ball to hand not the reverse.... Either way.... But I mean common even if the ref had blown the whistle he still would have kicked the ball into the net. Van persie did that with arsenal against barcelona (and got red-carded for some reason). You always play till the whistle, that's one of the first rules of football. No whistle, YOU PLAY. Cause its a game.

And kayslay, you're like the only united fan that's whining constantly, it's actually pretty impressive, but no one's taking you seriously

Kick4Life - changing lives through football