Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Lucas, Often Critisized, But How Good Is He Really?
[account-removed] 4 years ago
I think we can now safely say that he is one of our best players. I remember an arguements once about how bad he is and was worst thean anderson from manure.... Whose laughing now, hope he gets better and better and leads our team when gerard do gives up his boots
Liverpool4lyf95 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Is torres not playing arsenal? Please tell me yesssssss x
Anfieldhero (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He wasn't good when he came in but in all fairness he was played out of position. But since he started playing regularly last season, he improved a lot. He showed a lot of temperament and he played within himself. He ensures that we have the possession in the midfield and he played simple passes to our attacking players. We can see a massive improvement in the pre-season he will definitely play the season of his life. I expect him to be a crucial player for us as he will step into the shoes of mascherano
LyverBird (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lucas scores only against his own team!
Lucas is the worst player Liverpool history have ever seen!
Lucas is a shame for Brazil!
Lucas sucks!
Lucas is the player I hate the most!
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
WTF is wrong with you? What an idiot
Tobes (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Isn't it a slap in the face when you look back at your views from the past. You really didn't hold back there either.
All I can say is thank god he proved the doubters wrong because he holds a crucial position
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
LOL. I'm really ashamed of myself, but I'm not editing that post!
I had no hope in him whatsoever.... Over the first 2 seasons I tried to find an explanation why he's even in Liverpool, his game has always been "sideways, backwards, oops, I gave it away", but I was hugely imperssed by his dramatical improvment in the last 18 months, and now he's even breaking it into a regular Brazil starter! Go Lucas, I wish the improvement never stops and a great career with both Brazil and Liverpool ♥

Taught me a lesson, never give up hope on anything until it's 100% done, unless if the thing is named Konchesky
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Beware LyverBird .... Who knows even Konchesky may improve.... !
He has a massive part to play for us now. Go shine lucas
Well done, keep puting those sots away and soon you will be a major player in our team. Go lucas
Nvtool (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He's a bit sloppy sometimes, but getting better. Keep it up!
Terro (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Being a defensive mid you are suppose to cut out passes and put in crucial tackles but that doesn't mean you should commit a million fouls! He is a fairly good player.... He just needs to relax and try passing the ball better! He doesn't need to score just assist an stop the gaps.... His best ever game was against manu this season and he was also superb against Chelsea. It would be unfair to compare him to Alonso but I can't help it...
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Actually I think that Lucas needs to be more aggressive. He does a lot of work and works very hard but to me he just disappears on the pitch. Lucas is very under appreciated. He's a workhorse like Kuyt.
And We can also see him being a regular for the Brazil Squad, he is the future of the Brazil 2014. And he is bound to win the World Cup, hopefully
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lucas is a strange one.... Not in terms of personality or appearance or anything, but more in the way his career has progressed. He started slowly.... Very slowly and the fan reaction reflected that. In all honesty, I have never been a huge fan, i've never dubbed him the next captain and I certainly won't be calling him the "Saint" or anything like that.

However, in all fairness he has definitely improved. Over the past season and a half i've seen him become integral to the team on merit, rather than being integral only because there were no other options.

So, to summarise my opinion of our Brazilian midfielder, he has the right attitude and the desire to be better. We have seen his improvement, and in big games (like the Chelsea and United games this season) we have seen his potential.

Its frustrating as hell that he doesn't show it on a more regular basis but that is not a chracteristic reserved only for him. It has been far too common amongst Liverpool players under the Benitez and Hodgson eras.

However, it is the aforementioned attitude and desire that has given me the belief that Lucas does have a future at Anfield.... And the reported valuation of 3 million pounds from Napoli recently does not do justice to the player we see before us now. After all, he is as far away from the Lucas that first arrived at Liverpool as that valuation is from being fair.
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm not aboard the "Saint Lucas" trolley like I know a lot of you are. I think he is an agreeable guy, and works hard for the club. Is he the greatest? No. Is he improving? Yes. Do I think he'll become one of the best in the world? Probably not. I heard one comment that I thought was rather comical and it was that Lucas is the most un-Brazilian Brazilian player ever, and I agree that there is a lot of truth to that as he lacks in almost all types of flair or finesse. He is a solid player though and as long as he continues to improve and work hard, I'm happy to have him at the club. The problem being for the club though is most of our players are "solid" players but we do not have much finesse at all except for Suarez and maybe Glen Johnson
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Gerard is a fine player.... Agger is awesome on the ball. Lucas will never be a xavi but he does offer ather qualities, and lets hope he can improve on his attacking flair a bit. The epl usualyy aint a place for overly technical players, my friend
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Gerrard isn't the most technically gifted either, but he makes up for it in many other areas. Agger can move with the ball decently but he's a defender, I'm not asking for too much finesse back there and I expect very little haha. I wasn't necessarily complaining about Lucas's lack of finesse, more so pointing out his ineptness at seeming your "typical" Brazilian, which isn't necessarily bad. I think he does a fine job overall and is indeed improving. The lack of flair was directed towards our wings which I do consider a problem (shouldn't have sold Babel)
Babel.... I think we gave him his chance but for most of the time he was so disapointing, sucks as he had such potential. We do need some tricky players on the wing, lets hope we can get a couple this summer.
P. S I think lucas is more of the dunga type of player. No nonesense and get the job done. From his performance in the last match for brazil through he can certainly pop up the occassional champagne football when he is given the freedom to
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I agree with that Kop, in fact, if I'm not mistaken people in Brazil are actually starting to call him the new dunga.
As for Babel, I'm very disappointed he didn't become the player he was meant to but lets hope we can get players like Jarvis and Johnson in the team for next season
Astrojoggi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He is good for photos.... Really good player like body....
His mind only needs an update.... I think he must pay to play....
?
Khaimet (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lol!
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I can see Lucas establishing himself as an Anfield Icon in a few more seasons
Lucas Leiva was today crowned the Standard Chartered Liverpool FC Player of the Season for 2010-11.

The Brazilian clinched the award after fans voted for their star man of the campaign on this website.

Lucas tallied an incredible 40 per cent of the 129,774 votes cast.

Dirk Kuyt was named as runner-up having amassed 25 per cent, with Pepe Reina third (10 per cent). Raul Meireles and Luis Suarez completed the top five.

2010-11 proved to be a watershed season for Lucas, who visibly grew in stature and confidence as the campaign progressed and he firmly established himself as one of Liverpool's most consistent performers.

The 24-year-old made a total of 47 appearances and though he mustered just one goal, it proved to be a spectacular one against Steaua Bucharest in the Europa League.

Upon being presented with the award at Melwood, Lucas told Liverpoolfc.Tv: "I am very happy and really proud to have been picked by the fans.

"It shows they really appreciate the work I am doing for the team and I will remain the same - always giving 100 per cent in every single game and trying to achieve good things for this club, where I feel really good and want to be a winner.

"I think I am improving every single season, but of course this season has been special as an individual for me because I played with consistency. That's what I was looking for in the previous seasons."

He added: "I am really happy with the way I played and I would like to thank my teammates, without them I wouldn't get this kind of award, the staff for helping me every single day on the pitch to improve my abilities, and the fans because to be picked by them is really, really important for me."

The presentation of the award completes a turnaround in fortunes for Lucas, who by his own admission faced initial difficulties in trying to adapt to English football after arriving from Gremio in 2007.

Nonetheless, he believes he emerged a stronger player and person - something he proved on the pitch in 2010-11.

"I wouldn't have expected this (in my first season)," Lucas acknowledged. "The way I started my career at Liverpool wasn't the easiest, but as I have said before, I wouldn't change anything.

"The difficult times just made me stronger and stronger and I tried to improve all the time. That's what I am doing now.

"I am looking forward to next season and will try to come back better than I finished this season and try to help Liverpool to achieve good things.

"I would like to thank all the fans who voted for me. I am sure next season we will try to make all the fans happy and that's why we are here - to try and give them success."

Tobes (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kop - it's as if you had a crystal ball when first writing this forum thread. I read it again and I liked how peoples faith in him slowly picked up compared to a year ago (not you kop you always had it). I think Lvyerbird showed the greatest turn around with his "WTF is wrong with you? " comment.

It's clear Lucas has gone from strength to strength in what must be considered (as far as I'm concerned) his "landmark" season. One of the most consistent (Reina & Skrtel were up there), if not the most consistent players of the season and a fitting recipient of this award.

I admit I had my doubts in the past seasons, but I think he has now cemented his spot and is still going to improve
Liked him from the moment he joined, he has been fantastic and keeps improving the whole time. He is one of those players who thrives on competitions, and I'm sure with the emergence of spearing and jonjo that will push him to become better and better yet again

Kick4Life - changing lives through football