Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Lucas, Often Critisized, But How Good Is He Really?
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Maybe the player who has been most unfairlly treated by our dear supporters. His only crime was to fill in the boots of our beloved Alonso at the age of 22. Surely he doesn't have the same passing class as Alonso, but when it comes to determination and movements, he is might I say ahead of Alonso. Time will tell if he turns into a world class player, even way better than the one he replaced. But to my personal point of view, he is rising fast and hard. He started by becoming more agressive then moved to making some clever passes and now he just starter dribbling and getting into the box. One missing element is scoring, hope he gets around that soon and he would be in the 10 best midfielder on the planet. Those are my views, what do you guys think?
Thomas12 (Liverpool) 11 months ago
He is great he is a good defensive midfielder
And he needs to be more of a threat at set pieces
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lucas is getting better and he is good in defence but definitely needs to increase his attacking ability. He needs to improve his distribution and his long shots are very poor, so needs to improve that too if he wants to be a good Defensive midfielder.
At th moment he is pretty good doing his work. We should not look his as a replacement for Xabi. He is a different type of player, May be as a cover for Mash?
Khaimet (Liverpool) 4 years ago
When he first play I would like to ask him 'Are you sure you're a Brazilian'? But now he have shown his passion and improvement. I think he'll better. It's better not lose him now as Masch future with Liverpool is not gurrantee yet. Keep him and we'll see bout the future
Samreds8 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Haha, yeah I agree, he ids a good defensive mid, I think he has potenetial to be very good. If he starts scoring goals and getting assists then that will be very good
Mayankgerrard (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well to be very frank I never liked him before. However when rafa showed trust in him. Gave him few matches, the kind of improvement he showed was appreciable. He helped the team in so many matches. He was in so much pressure as everyone was blaming him, but still he showed that nothing can stop him from getting better.

He's getting better and better. I like his game now.
I just don't want him to ever leave us.

WAY TO GO LAD.... !

Why. And. W. A.... ! !
TheAkshay90 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Your Profile Pic Is Great!  
TheAkshay90 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Your Profile Pic Is Great!  
His movements are getting better in every matches, he seems to be playing with confidence, wanting the ball more and more, making runs and tackles he is turning into a complete midfielder, next year he might just become the heart of our midfield
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is a good player and the critism is ovten over said and not even valid. Like people say he isn't positive or creative enough but often I see he is the only one on the pitch making the long passes to beneyoun on the wings or too gerrards feet.

He is still preety young. Hopefully he can right off the Plastic United Supporters by next season
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Are you calling me Plastic? Alright I haven't seen him in some past weeks. If he's improving I'll take word for it. All I know is that he can't be as bad as he was once since you have him as your display pic Lol
Just to compare.... He is ten times the player Anderson will ever be!
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
No Kaden you know your stuff!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Thank you, but I don't think Lucas is quite ten times the player Anderson is
Really the maybe you should have another good look!
Khaimet (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lol Lucas is obviously better than Anderson
Stoofffeee (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is a good player (why)
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is good, but not there yet. 3 years and he will be top drawer
3 years and we will have to fight to keep him :")
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I fight to keep him on FIFA. Everybody wants to buy the kid
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Great call Phillfc7 haha. Give players time to develop and they'll surprise you
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
3 years later.... Part of the backbone: Suarez, Gerrard, Lucas, Agger, Johnson, Reina
Spemwad (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't like him as player, does not impress me at all. He gives the ball away far too often and his distribution is not great. Not a great Liverpool player and in the years to come, will go down as a Anfield flop!
Azeal (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Too early to say, there are possibilities.... Unlikely to be going otherwise but let's just hope things turn out to be better. ^^
Baadier (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think his of those players that people are very divided on, I think he still has alot to to do but his no worse than alot of other options that we can afford. I found a small compilation video on youtube which features mostly his exploits in and for brazil and I don't think i've seen that player yet for liverpool. Watching some of the moves in the small clip and you can kinda see the player that Rafa bought.

I know he was captain of Gremio at 19 which is amazing considering that Gremio is one of Brazils top club. If my memory serves me correct his one of the younger captains of a major club along with torres. He also won the top brazilian player award which has been won by ronaldihno, ronaldo(fat one) and pele before for his performances in the brazilian league. I think he needs more time like ngog to develop and adjust and grow into his position
He surely needs to develop, but still he has been our best player in the last 3 games, so he is getting there pretty fast
Welcome to the select group of players to play 100 games for lfc
LFCLOVER (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He is a good player with great potential
[account-removed] 3 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football