Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool V Newcastle United, Nov 4
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Suarez played amazing. Can definitely see Brendan Rodgers style and passion coming through in liverpools play
BlackAna (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Goal of the Week for me from Luis Suarez
Betamorne (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Agreed, although Cabaye's isn't too far behind. How Suarez was able to settle that ball still baffles me
Sahin would have scored if Shelvey wasn't there
Bendingo (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Man I cried when Shelvey pooped that chance.... Unbelievable
TipsyMcStagger (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Which one? Such a shame. 2 good chances
The sitter
Ruskin (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Very open game espescially Liverpool, s defence. Kennys signing of Suarez is paying divedends world class performance now he has settled, and we find a defence Hope we don, t lose him to Real or Barca and he gets support from players who can finish
TheSittingDuck (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Liverpool playing very well, possesion and can slowly see the style what brenden wants the team to play like, just need to be clinical and take chances, need alot better class of players, shelvy.... Terrible miss and allen.... Aint seen a good performance from him
Bendingo (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Joe Allen has been great in my opinion.    Lucas is still the man for that position though.
Dustdevils (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Hahaha precisely why I am pleased. Liverpool played really well.... FOR A point
10turan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
You must be joking about Allen.... Either you don't understand what he does or are fishing here. Easily been one of our best players so far this year
Suarez7LFC (Liverpool) 1 year ago
@sittingDuck, Allen has been brilliant but other than a couple of misplaced lazy passes, he's been rocking that DM role like Lucas, won many tackles like this game!
Kotaru13 (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 1 year ago
It's crazy how Suarez dodges the ball when it falls in front of him after trapping it on his chest. Pure instinct
MattsKitchen (West Ham United) 1 year ago
Two stellar goals
Sjhill87 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I might get shot for saying this, but Steven Gerrard has been sub-par. He wasn't very good last year either, and I think it's quite simply time for everyone to admit that he isn't fast or mobile enough to play in the hole behind Suarez.

If we're playing a 4-2-3-1 then Gerrard could definitely play next to Allen and move forward a little, but what we are considerably lacking right now is a CAM who can get into the box to pass and shoot, ala' Fabregas. Shelvey looks like he might get there eventually but at the moment he isn't hitting the target.

Sahin is on loan, and Lucas will be back soon, but I'm worried that we don't have the type of players needed to play around Suarez. Hopefully we purchase a decent center mid as well as a class finisher to play up front.

If we're to have wings then Sterling can play on the left, but why haven't they been playing Assaidi? Suso looks OK when we play two strikers but with only one we are lacking in players other than Suarez who can even look threatening coming into the box
ConcernFan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Absolutely correct
ConcernFan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Gerrard can't play 4-3-3 formation....  He can't play at high tempo
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Suarez's goal is the definition of Top Class! At it's highest form!
Dungimmespam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
That close-control I tell you, reminds me a lot of Ronaldo - the Brazilian, of course
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Call him a diver, call him a racist, say what ever you'd like about him. There's no denying the fact that Suarez is world class. The man has Ballon D'Or winning talent
FijianRed (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Totally agree. He his frustratingly brilliant!
V2krules (Liverpool) 1 year ago
A few good things about this game:

1. Rodgers talked about getting the wingers to be more direct, and Sterling and Suso have tried to shoot from distance a couple of times. [With time they will be more dangerous]

2. Our back line looks more assured on the ball than they were in the beginning of the season. Even Skrtel seems to do an Agger and carry the ball all the way to the midfield at times. And Wisdom is turning out to be very good player both in his tackles and his control on the ball.

Our weakness:

1. Jose Enrique's poor form and Glen's injury makes our left back a bit leaky. Hope enrique finds form.

2. When we move forward, we lack numbers in the box. Somebody below mentioned Gerrard has been sub-par. On the contrary Gerrard is getting better and better except that his role has changed. Sahin and Allen both pass the ball on the ground more often, that makes Gerrard our only ALonsoish distributer from midfield. When teams defend a lot, like Newcastle today, its Gerrard's pass in the air from midfield that has released our wingers than either Sahin or Allen. SO we need one of our wingers and Sahin [which his replacement shelvey did] to step into the box more often and not expect gerrard.

3, Finally the obvious, We need a good striker who can finish.

Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 1 year ago
What brilliant goals! Cabaye and suarez coming up with two gotw contenders.

Harsh red for colocini. Cynical? Yes. Yellow for sure. But red is pretty harsh
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
To be honest, he tried to break his leg. He's nowhere near the ball when the challenge is made
Ardak (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It was a deserved red card, no doubt
Gerrard8LFC (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I can't stop watching Suarez's goal!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Beautiful goals here, Cabaye beautiful strike and Suarez what a good goal, great touch and control and finish, Suarez is a fantastic striker, great shots, great skill he is fantastic. But Liverpool really got unlucky forsure, they had a bunch close chances that should went in, like Shelvey, unbelievable miss on Suarez skill there with the terrible miss shot could gave Liverpool the 3 points, unfortunate for them. Newcastle got a red late as well and Liverpool still didn't get another goal, but unlucky by them
MacGillycuddy (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Yeah can't believe that miss by shelvey either.... But as always Liverpool need a striker who can finish and is always in the box. As always nothing more to it...
FijianRed (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Congrats to Gerrard reaching the 600 mark! Awesome effort, fantastic player and captain fantastic! I know he hasnt been that great lately but majority of those 600 games he has been brilliant!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football