Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool V Manchester United, Sep 23
Murda1 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Smh at the referee!
Teodini (Manchester United) 1 year ago
C'mon bad mouth liverpool supporters. Now I know if this was the other way around you wall would be saying a win is a win.
Hey I agree that Liverpool outplaaaaayed United easily. The game should have been a draw in my opinion though. Penalty is either way.
But to call Valencia of all ppl a diver is really pathetic
Honestabe (Liverpool) 1 year ago
When has it ever been the other way around though...
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It is true that if it was the other way around, no one would be saying anything
Paulsito (Arsenal) 1 year ago
That was no pen, that was a dive all the way
Teodini (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Is this your Job, following me around saying what your think happened. Get a real one. Cant't wait till United plays Arsenal
Pito316 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
United have been on the bad end of luck at Anfield for years now. We've played much better games at Anfield in the past and ended on the losing side. Today United were very very lucky at Anfield for a change
Robertoalvarez (FC Barcelona II) 1 year ago
Liverpool 1 - ref 2    
Nampuuku (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Says the barca fan
HenryK (Arsenal) 1 year ago
So typical
Duces14 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Gutted for Liverpool and their fans deserved better then what they got
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Shelvey been making harsh tackles the entire game, the ref warned him on 2 or more occasions (1 on Rafa for another diving tackle) before, then from the ref's angle, he goes in not even at the ball but his foot was over the ball and he caught Evans in the mid of his shin. Conclusion: contemplated decision up to ref to give a card and legitimately, he chose red
If you watch the replay in slow motion he gets the ball first actually, but I guess from where the ref was and at full speed I'm sure it would look different. Still don't think it was the right call though
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 1 year ago
On a different note, I respect Stevie G as a person and a player. The only scouse I do. He even almost scored on 46:51 which would of equaled the 96, are. I. P
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 1 year ago
We deserved to lose based on performance, it was one of the poorest performances i've seen our players put in.

But this is a massive victory, well done to the fans and players for somehow getting 3 points despite the dire performance. I feel we could have easily lost this even a man up, so Liverpool players earned my respect out there.

What an embarrasing performance for us but job done in the end.

Upon replay it was a penalty, valencia doesn't dive and it didn't look like a dive to be fair to him. It was a clear shootkng chance, why would he go down like that? He was clipped by johnson, and his lack of complaint for the call probably means he would agree imo.

For me the red card shouldnt have been given, both should have been booked. Jonny clearly won the ball but he went in with both feet. Shelvy was late, over the top, and could have broken jonnys leg. I still would have just given a yellow. I hate when big games are marred by sending offs.

And suarez incident was a dive, i've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. Ieven if there was contact, the way he fell over, and with his reputation, I woulsd have never called it. It looked like he embellished.

But we were desperately outplayed quality wise and in terms of desire, even while up a man. Unlucky for liverpool, they probably deserved three points today but as a united fan few victories mean more than one at anfield, regardless of how they come by. It isn't a performamce to be proud of, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but ill get over it
Armenia4ever (Southampton) 1 year ago
The refs might have taken this game away from Liverpool. Rather sad, but that's how things go
Shadow88 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Simple fact, refs are afraid to get on fergie's bad side. Shelvey is a harsh tackler, most of his challenges are very vicious but I don't think he deserved a straight red for that. On the replay one of his feet scraped the shinguard of Evans, he walked off for medical attention like he was injured and came right back on after Shelvey got off the pitch and wasn't even limping. I think he played it up more than it was. If that was worth a red then so was RVPs tackle on Suso. Borini had me excited a couple times especially on his break away but every time he gets in or near the box he seems to panic and give the ball away carelessly. Sterling had a good game and annoyed me that he was taken off a little early. Felt bad for Reina that he couldn't get enough on the ball to stop that penalty. Now for Suarez, was there contact yes, almost as much as there was on Valencia, if he didn't make a movie out of it every time he goes to ground refs might be more obliged to give him the benefit of the doubt. He needs to stay on his feet more if he wants to have calls go in his favor
Krazykrunchy (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It doesn't matter if Evans was seriously injured or not, the tackle itself merits a red card for cleats up, and for being a lunge. It's the rules, stop blaming the refs, and suck it up
Shelvey had only one foot in the tackle, evans had two. Shelvey got the ball before the man. Evans gets a little clipped and rolls around on the ground as if shelvey had broken his leg in eight places (and then hops up after shelvey leaves the field as if nothing had happened I might add). No one's saying its a conspiracy, just saying its a bad call that changed the game completely. Both should have been booked for reckless challenges and voilà the game isn't ruined imagine that!
Bro0klynite (Manchester United) 1 year ago
We were definitely very lucky to come away with anything from this match, let alone a WIN. Evra once again was dominated the entire game and we played too defensive minded for most of the match. I think we need to start playing our young and energetic boys more in central mid such as Cleverley, Powell, Anderson, and Buttner should start over Evra. We had a great goal from Rafael but aside from that we were poor. Much respect to liverpool and their supporters on this day
LOL typical
MaximOrlov (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yes because we win at Anfield ALL THE TIME right? Wrong. Sorry you guys couldn't finish, you do know you haven't won a game because all the refs are keeping you guys from winning. Stop being the typical crazy Liverpool conspiracy theory rejects. Thanks
Ahahahaha I didn't say anything about the refs, united's flopping about in windy weather.... Guilty conscience? It's typical that we didn't finish our chances. Ch-ch-ch-chill my son. You're welcome
Chalk up another asterisk next to that united win*
Snitch (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I think we are going to see a lot of matches where people vote utd as lucky as the season goes on
Quickemart (Liverpool) 1 year ago
This is the sir alex ferguson mystery
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 1 year ago
That's a given snitch, as it happens every game
Juve170 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
3 terrible calls that changed the game
Saamers (Fiorentina) 1 year ago
Bad calls for refs :
Shelvey tackled - red card, van persie tackled - yellow card
Suarez fouled - dived, valencia fouled - penalties
*just my opinion

Kick4Life - changing lives through football