Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Goal Of The Season 10/11 - Voting And Discussion
Tobes (Liverpool) 2 years ago
From a post I put on the Liverpool page (21st April) I thought I would make this forum thread about the Goal of the Season 2010/2011.

Ok here are the contenders so far.

1. Lucas' Strike from 22 yards against Steaua Bucharest (16 Sep 2010) -2 Votes-

2. Torres' curling shot around Alex and past Peter Cech (Chelsea)(7 Nov 2010) -1 Vote-

3. Meireles' Volley from outside the box against Wolves (22 Jan 2011) -16 Votes-

4. Kuyt's Tap-in after Suarez's fancy footwork against the Man UTD defenders (6 Mar 2011) -5 Votes-

5. Suarez's individual goal against Sunderland running along goalline before firing from a tight angle (20 Mar 2011) -1 Vote-

6. Carroll fires in a left foot shot from 25 yards for his first Goal in Liverpool colours (11 April 2011) -1 Vote-

Better quality here> Link: videa.hu/videok/sport/liverpool-1-0-manchester-cit...

7. Maxi Rodriguez completes a hat-trick against Fulham as he smashed in from about 30 yards (9th May 2011) -0 Votes-

The first 5 were discussed in the initial chat thread and are in chronological order.

Feel free to suggest others, but they may no longer be chronological. I will add them to the end to save the current numbers as they are for voting purposes (I.E. No.6 will be first suggestion).

Basically, make a new suggestion or put down a number and vote and discuss why you think it was the goal of this season.
KOPforeva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
My vote goes to 4.... Kuyt and suarez against manure!
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
All nice, but in terms of just technique, Meireles's volley really does it for me so I'll say 3
Tanair (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Difficult to chose....
But raul's volley absolutely unstoppable.... Lucs touch was devastating but shot was awesome.... Torres sucks.... He plays for them now....
Ynwa4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I ll say raul screamer
Jibberjabber (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I vote kuyt and suarez v man utd, suarez just can't get enough!
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
My vote is for meireles, although it was tough contest between suarez and meireles....

But scoring a volley is always tough so I will go with meireles....
LORDETHAN1997 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Same
@Kopforeva- thanks for voting.

I have to agree with you that goal was ace! And that why I'm voting for 4. As well.

Suarez dominating a ton of defenders and slipping the ball through for Kuyt. Not only was it an amazing run to set up Kuyt, but it was against one of our biggest rivals. My goal of the season so far. Although I may change/edit my vote if a better one comes up. Lets hope there is one or even a few better
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Ay love the thread it will definitely be a toss up between Meireles vunderstriken and Saurez magic. Carroll's against City was pure class as well, my vote would have to go to Meireles in terms of pure ability. But watching that Saurez goal again, what skill that is, just Sublime, especially to go one up against United
Yeah Andy's first goal was a great moment and deserves a mention, but I agree there are others that are higher on the ladder....
Should it be added to the contenders? Maybe if someone wants to vote for it.
KOPforeva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
@tobesh87 I have already voted.... But I feel andys strike is a sure contender.... Please add it to the options!
Wingman719 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great thread. The technical skill of Meireles' goal is amazing. Great strike. The foot work of Suarez through manU's defence is pure magic! My vote goes to Meireles
Teja7 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
MY vote goes to No. 2 (Torres' goal)
That curl around the defender and masking the shot from Cech was just sublime.

"Petr Cech didn't even smell it" - Andy Gray LOL
Best comment ever! ♥
Shobhgarg (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The volley from Meireles was fantastic. Great technique on that one....  
Kopite8Kenny (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The goals have come in different scenario's, making a goal more valuable, like Meireles against Chelsea, or Kuyt against United, it's difficult to choose, as, things may change, might score the goal of the season maybe today, Torres's 2nd was just as brilliant we'll ever see from him again, it's not easy to make Cech look like a lost puppy, for me, Meireles takes it, hard to time those volley's let alone score them. It marked the turning point for for Raul and the Club
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lucas! Happy for the young lad!  
Is that a vote for number 1 or just a comment? I'll try keep a tally next to the goals when we get a few more votes. Maybe closer to the end of the season
Onetwos (Liverpool) 2 years ago
This is tough.... But my vote goes to Meireles.  
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
My vote to Lucas !
Redinheart (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I will go with saurez goal against sunderland  
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I have to say the Suarez+Kuyt against Manchester United.

It was about 5 in the morning I was up in my PJ's and had a blanket on watching the game, then suarez get the ball in that position I'm saying "cross it!" he dosent he moves in and my brain just kinda reads all possible revenues of a goal and comes up short, Then he goes through another and another and as the ball passes Van der Sarr I jump up toss my blanket and ecstatically but quietly jump all around my room as to not wake my parents. It was just amazing and I could not believe it.

I always asked why is no one buying Suarez, year after year he showed he's an amazing talent in the dutch league, but nobody made a move.... Boy am I glad they didn't, That man was destined to play for Liverpool
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I vote for Raul's absolute peach against Wolves.... Technical ability for that kind of shot is beyond difficult! There have been great Liverpool goals this season but that's the best one for me
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I am going with 3 for the best goal. 2nd one is 4 and 3rd one is 2
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Raul's volley for sure!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football