Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Fc Player Of The Year 2010- 2011
[account-removed] 3 years ago
It's this time of the year where awards are given out to the outsdaning players for all their efforts during the year. I'm sure we will all have our different opinion, so lets hear from you all and will do the maths when the season is over
Lucas, solid ever reliant in our midfield, was a monster in our big matches, phenomenal.

Khaimet (Liverpool) 3 years ago
This is hard Reina was superb as well. Reina or Lucas even Kuyt too.    But Lucas does deserve the award.
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
For me best player for liverpool have been reina and meireles....

Most improved player was definitely lucas.... He saw huge criticism last season but rafa always believed in him even I was among the one who regularly criticized him.... He showed his true class this season and proved me wrong....

Meireles have been great all around the season for me.... And its alway hard to fill in the shoes of someone like stevie but he and lucas showed some great attributes and have really contributed very well.... Meireles had to play on the wings although he was not great but he tried his best.... And that is what we want from the players.... He scored goal of the season for me against stoke....

Kuyt he had his moments.... Some of matches where little sloppy but again he is our most hardworking and important player.... Match against manchester united brought his 1st hattrick....
And also marked suarez's great performance....

In the defending department I wanted to more from kelly but unfortunatly he got injured but that guy have some serious skills.... His deep crosses are xcellent.... Flanagan stepped up against man shitty.... Skrtle had mixed season he had his moments too but he was little bit unlucky we lost games in which he scored....
Wingman719 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'd give Kuyt a nod because he stepped up a lot of games and took leadership through his endless hard work when gerrard was out and when torres mentally had already left anfield. I think all around players improved once Kenny took over. I like this team a lot better then I did at the beginning of the year
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Very tough call this season, no one has really stood out as having an exceptional season.

If I were able to split the season in two, I may be able to make a call. In the pre-Kenny part of the 10/11 season, I would have to give the award to Lucas. He seemed to be the only one going about his business and putting in the effort when everyone else dropped their heads and played like a pack of lazy idiots. An honourable mention though has to go to Pepe Reina for saving us from further humiliation on a consistent basis.

In the Kenny led part of the season, its a tough call between the ever reliable Dirk Kuyt, the wonderful impact of Luis Suarez and the dramatic turnaround in form from Martin Skrtel (who was woeful under Roy but is close to his best now I think). I have left Raul Meireles off this list because for me it has been very up and down for him. Started promisingly, played poorly (albeit out of position on the wing), had a blinding period of about a month or so where he revitalised the team and has since dropped off to be solid but not spectacular.

To summarise, Lucas and Reina have been most consistent over the whole season. Suarez, Kuyt and Meireles have each had spectacular periods of form. From this, I conlcude the following:

Most Improved: Lucas
Most Disappointing: Joe Cole
Best Signing: Kenny Dalglish
Best Breakthrough Player: Martin Kelly
And the tough one....

Player of the Seaon: Lucas
Honourable Mentions to Reina and Kuyt.
Wow, I have to agree with ya
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'll say Dirk kuyt.... For obvious reasons
KNVBKOP (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I would say Dirk. But like you all have said, it is a tough call. Lucas and Reina have been good this year. Just in a season like this, Kuyt's work rate really pays off when others were slacking, and his knack for timely and important goals were also a great help
Lucas and Kyut have worked hard all season.... In fact Kyut has been working hard ever since he got here.... Its time we showed him our appreciation.... He may not have the skill set of Ronaldo or Ibrahamovic.... But he makes up for it with sheer determination (which Ibra lacks.... Hence his name was chosen)....

This determination and spirit is contagious and has rubbed off on a lot of the youngsters such and Spearing....

Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kuyt for suree! He scored so many crucial goals this season and his work rate is unbelievable. And obviously for many other reason.
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Yes yes and yes.... Can you say hat trick against united?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kuyt for me, he plays with a fighting spirit. And that spirit flourishes through the whole side

But I have to say, lucas has done remarkable at his first proper full season as a regular
Tomedis (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Easy, lucas
Redzalois (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'm dislike lucas since rafa signs him. But, this season he is improving a lot and I'm starting to like him. It is between kuyt and lucas but my heart says lucas leiva. Viva lucas. Hope lvrpool reaches first for the 20th premier league title. (sorry, I'm bad in english)

Kick4Life - changing lives through football