Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 4 days ago
I'm quite glad its sterling who's looking to leave and not coutinho. If you watch his documentary you see how humble and professional he is, when he describes his love for liverpool and everything that has happened for him because of this club its really heart warming.

So that being said.... Lets bring in players who will play for the badge!
Madummer (Liverpool) 4 days ago
If we lose Coutinho we riot. As simple as that
Barlfc (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Sergio, there is no comparison between Cou and Sterling. The biggest difference between these 2 is that Sterling is not a team player, where Coutinho is the definition for a team player. If Brendan is smart enough, he will sell Sterling and bring a striker who can link with Cou, Hendo and Sturridge.
But, than again, I don't think Brendan is smart enough
Malik (Barcelona) 4 days ago
Both coutinho and henderson are future of Liverpool, it's only logical to build team around them, make them captain and vice captain they both seems closest to Gerrard in terms of loyalty towards club.

Btw I have been giving some stick to BR but I think first and foremost thing Liverpool need is a sporting director, the one responsible of buying player.

Just StumbleUpon this fact (not really sure of its accuracy) but if correct I am sure your net spending will be way better, but still this is lots of money spent.

' Liverpool spent €440m in the last five seasons, only €43m less than Real Madrid did. Club problems are bigger than needing money '
Philosophy (Arsenal) 4 days ago
But in honestly I blame BR handling of the matter, I felt he was antagonistic towards sterling, rather than using the soft touch approach, I don't he really wants live, he just doesn't want to play BR
Pewpew (Liverpool) 4 days ago
The way I look at it if we sell sterling for good money its more playing time for marko and ibe and more money to buy a beast striker will we do that we didn't do it last season so I have my doubts
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Barlfc.... BR bought Origi !
Yeafootball (Liverpool) 4 days ago
I have decided that if BR insists on buying potential again and we are not in the top 3 then I will be on the Rodgers out bandwagon on time for the January transfer window so we can get an established manager with a reputation to attract established players
Scouser4life (Liverpool) 4 days ago
If we are hiring a new manager, it has to be done in the summer, it is so much harder to attract world-class managers mid-season
^ to be fair we have done absolutely f*** all in the mid season transfers since BR's first arrival
MUFC1990 (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Link: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389

Sterling 'to ask for Liverpool exit'

Raheem Sterling is expected to tell Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers that he wants to leave Anfield this summer
Just passing the message guys, not sticking the knife in or anything.

Personally I think he is an ungrateful s**t, you guys have had a rough season and with Gerrard leaving the club as well its such a poor time to make things difficult, you got the impression he was giving up months ago when you guys were still in with a shout for the champions league places etc.

Poisoned chalice? Will you be glad to see him go?
What's the point of keeping him if he doesn't want to stay? Same as Suarez here, let's just milk the s**t out of that deal and sell him for a good amount. We're pretty f****d anyway, so him leaving won't really make a difference...
Thanks for posting it, I'm disgusted by this all and now I just can't wait for him to walk out them doors
In hindsight people will say screw him. But with gerrard leaving and sturridge injured him and coutinho are our best players. If we had gotten depay I wouldnt have cared.

FSG plan is crumbling to pieces atm. Next 3 - 4 weeks we will know whats going on
Sky sources say it is because he feels the club have tried to bully him into signing a new contract - and that he does not think they have protected him from negative headlines.

Sterling is also angry that details of earlier contract offers have been leaked.

^^^
If these are true, I'm glad to see him go. With the money we get I hope we bring in the 'right' players this time. A striker and Defensive midfielder will do us wonders
Frony (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Absolute disgrace that kid is in my eyes. Did not ever expect myself to say anything like this, but I just hope he gets rotten on a bench somewhere for not having playing time....
His form is goinq equaly down as he can't remain focused on one thing and that is to play football.
Blah, that was a bitter read.
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 4 days ago
Yeah you could see that he wasn't trying his best within the last few games. He's badly damaged and is let him go in a heartbeat.

Arsenal rumored to be interested. God I hope not
He is still under contract unless anyone coughs up 40m plus he aint going nowhere
The club know his heart is not here that's why the contract conditions have been leaked, ffs just be honest and say the truth raheem. Your trying to save your own image by blaming the club and saying how you been bullied.

f**k that, you should be privileged for how much you have developed here. Regardless of how things have gone I have lost utter respect for him now
Duces14 (Arsenal) 4 days ago
The timing is horrible. 2 daays after a pathetic display to farwell a legend.... I'm not a liverpool fan but that ticked me off
Yup, piss off kid
Yeafootball (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Sterling is fast. Poor passing and poor finshing. I would cash in on sterling and buy aumbameyang in a hearts beat
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 days ago
I think this is a blow for liverpool, he has quality and he does contribute to your attack. I just wouldn't sell him without securing a replacement first.

I think it's pretty f****d up when a young player does this to a team -very publicly- that has built him up and given him chances to succeed and develop into the player he is now. If he was bought by city from QPR he'd still be in the u21s most likely.

At any rate the silver lining is probably it's better to get rid now as opposed to when he's integral to the team. In his current form you'd have to say he is very replaceable. At least now you can clear the deadwood and those who put themselves before the club and start a rebuilding process in earnest
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 days ago
He's got a pathetic attitude, that alone is reason enough to get rid of him. The question is, where does he go?

You guys think he's Man City bound?
Scouser4life (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Sterling can piss off
PaRa (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Good let him leave. He'll be playing at QPR in a few years
Wouldn't surprise me to see City bid.

They're going to be short on their English quota soon I think with Milner and what not potentially heading out the door
If his head is not at club then there is no need to hold him, get some money for him and invest in someone else
Colinmc (Liverpool) 4 days ago
I want him gone. What a s**t attitude
Cloudst 4 days ago
Screw him, his attitude has been so poor Liverpool can move on from this kid and it would be for better
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Sell him for 50m and get 2 quality professionals
'Uefa to 'ease' financial fair play rules'

Great news now fsg should just sell the club. They can no longer hide behind ffp. I am done with their penny pinching bullshit.

There will never be a cap based system in football. Owners actually love football and want to throw their money around. Based on fsg model we will need to continue to inrease reveneue. Well how the fcck they expect us to do that when we can't make champions league and selling our best players every season. They bought the club on a discount they should just sell make their profit. They have no clue how to run a football club. Stick to baseball. They cannot hide behind ffp now. I am happy.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=_COnZttYUVE
Daggers (Liverpool) 4 days ago
High comedy with Chelsea today:  Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=v4lV5JBm3TY
Micky (Chelsea) 4 days ago
It's weird. What was going through his head. And did he really think he'll get away with it?
It's senioritis I think, get off my lawn! Plus having things wrapped up, bet he get's more than 2, but pretty hilarious
Colinmc (Liverpool) 4 days ago
He beaned him in the head from a distance. Skill on display there
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 days ago
So I was watching some old videos on youtube and stumbled upon this beauty,
Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=r8cDvm26VYI&list=PL69E49405FCD579D3&index=7

Good times..
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Well another reason why UEFA can go f**k themselves.

Link: m.bbc.com/sport/football/32784375

Michel Platini: 'Uefa to 'ease' financial fair play rules'

I'm sure City, PSG, Chelsea, Utd, Monaco, Zenit, are all happy about this lol
Redordead94 (Liverpool) 4 days ago
United's gonna' get away with this one. Damn it.    Edit: whiney United fans
Drde159 (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Are you kidding? We have never been and will never be threatened by those sanctions. Our revenue is too damn high ^^ Please edit United to City
MrWaddy (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Our revenue is huge, even if we spend 150M we'll still be well within FFP rules.

If anything less strict rules are actually a bad thing for United
Micky (Chelsea) 4 days ago
I don't think people understand the Fair Play rules. It punish you for spending more than you make or have.
That punishes smaller teams more than sugar daddies. The smaller teams have been punished a lot because of this.

Fun Fact: Chelsea can spend about 120 mil this year with no worry
Shiwa (Manchester United) 4 days ago
"Manchester United paid £34m more in wages during the first turbulent year after Sir Alex Ferguson retired but United’s income rose £70m overall, to £433m, so their £215m wage bill, the league’s highest, was just less than 50% of their income."

Fun Fact: United can spend another £215m on players if we want without violating FFP

This is how it looks like.

Gohonaf (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Lol obvious case of people not understanding what the financial fair play rules is about. We are nowhere even close to being threatened by them. We can spend twice the rumored amount we are to spend this summer and still be safe within the rules
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Yea utd could take a hit for a few seasons and be OK....    Gives F. S. G less of a excuse though....
Hey Manchester United and Chelsea, GET OFF MY LAWN!
NOW Chelsea is fine. But when Roman came along and pumped millions and millions into the club. You've been sustained winning trophies and what not. Utd have a large commercial base. Just funny a few years ago Utd fans harping on about City spending and they just spent 150m this past summer
Shiwa (Manchester United) 4 days ago
I thought someone summoned us, I'll be leaving and don't shoot me for trespassing
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 4 days ago
Yeah utd could care less, we've always tried to maintain a good business model long before ffp. We're one of the clubs who champion ffp so it levels the playing field for us when it comes to competing with the oil tycoon owners/clubs
Well, it's good to see Liverpool fans being realist. The first step in improving is realizing that you have problems that need to be dealt with
Rainmaker (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Don't worry BR has a solution somewhere in that 180 page manifesto
^that made me laugh. I'd like to see us at least try for Klopp, see what he says. But looks like he's heading to Fenerbahce.

I still maintain that Rodgers has done pretty well to drag a shitty team to 5th without our main striker. This is upon the assumption that our transfer committee is behind the crap 2014 window
Someone kill Georgio and dump his body in a dumpster?
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 4 days ago
Is that a question or a request?
What has he done now
Lmao @ Oddshot. It's a question
I think he is on mission to kidnap both Pep and BR, both these gentlemens have caused him quite a trouble especially in last 8 months
5 quid bounty on Georgio.    Word on the street.
Cloudst 4 days ago
Fernando Llorente is linked with a move to Anfield:     Link: www.insidespanishfootball.com/156513/liverpo...
This would have been a great link 5 years ago hahaha
Leave it man, don't joke with us !
Llorente doesn't even start for Juve, but that's why we are probably going after him
Well if you have Tevez !
Glikus (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Heard about Jovetic, that would'nt be bad at all. Great quality, but injury prone of course...
We should at least make a bid for Tevez IMO
Yeah with him, stuzza, Balo and Jose eneique around. No.... One I mean.... No one ain't messing with me on FIFA
I'd just like to say that most of us on this forum sound like really great people and great fans, but there are certainly some who are letting our club down with over negativity and other knee-jerk reaction BS. We are liverpool fans, not c****** fans, so start acting like it!

You know who you are
Even though I partly agree with you....

Respect others' opinions, that's all I'm going to say. There's no such thing as a moral superiority.
Hadee318 (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Madummer you mean tolerate not respect. I will try my best to tolerate opinions that I believe to be worthless for the sake of this site, but I will not respect them.

If I find an opinion to be particularly dumb I will call them out on it as respectfully as possible. I expect the same treatment for any opinions I have that people find stupid. It also presents an opportunity to educate the person making the dumb comment and maybe help them see things from a different perspective.

I don't want people making inane comments just because they are angry Liverpool lost, my desire is to have people engage their brain before commenting that's all. If the comments are negative but are well thought out and respectful it's fine by me
Fair enough. I just don't buy into that "I'm the better fan" BS
Madummer, you definitely have a point mate. But seriously, the amount of BS that was thrown around after Gerrard's last home game was disgusting to say the least. I felt the need to say something, sorry if it offends you
It's all right mate, I'm not offended at all. I just think everyone here should be able to express their opinions without getting bashed by the rest...
Footster (Liverpool) 5 days ago
I like all the names we are linked to in this article:

Jovetic, Vidal and Pastore.

Link: www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/live...
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 5 days ago
Lol mirror, one of the best in reporting BS along with dailyfail and metro
Vidal - It's not going to happen.

Jovetic - Is as much injury prone player as Sturridge is, but when he's fit he's a good player.

Pastore - Could happen but a bit over-rated
Rainmaker (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Give me one word to describe our season.    Fubar    
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Dick Butt
MrWaddy (Manchester United) 5 days ago
I wonder if there will ever be a time where I will not 'like' a dick butt comment.

Https://31.Media.Tumblr.Com/1db4a8e1ca5078c083be764fff512c5d/tumblr_n3wqbrrbqz1sulbzio1_400.Gif
Barlfc (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Disappointing
Honestabe (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Vaginaboob -Andy Dufresne (Peter Griffin)
Footster (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Riise's blog post about Gerrard, great read:     Link: johnariise.com/2015/05/15/thank-you-captain-fantas...
Marehan (Liverpool) 5 days ago
"Steven Gerrard departure means we all need to step up, says Liverpool FC’s Jordan Henderson"

Wtf were they doing all along then? Gerrard to do everything just like how suarez did last year? Jordan pick your bags up you're going back to Sunderland for free
Jerrymiah (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Lol, Gerrard was certainly not doing everything since last year.... He is 35 already.... He is no longer as consistent as he was 5 years ago....
Please get behind the players still at the club.... It could be argued that Hendo is even more consistent than Gerrard in this last 2 seasons....
Marehan, you're the only one who wants Hendo to leave. Stfu please
@ Redordead94    Everyone is entitled to their say whether you agree with them or not. That's his opinion, leave him be
So let's not have a single discussion at all, because we all get long like peas and carrots. No. If someone is acting like a total nonce I'm gonna' say so. It's disrespectful to one of our best players
@ Redordead94

That's not what I'm talking about. You can have debate on why you disagree all day and night, but is the, "Stfu pls" necessary? Granted you said please lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football