Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Why. And. W. A
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 6 days ago
Tough loss for you guys but man does Sturridge have a left foot. His kicks have such little follow through. If he stays fit he can help lfc get back on top. Plus klopp has your team running like a pack of wolves. The pressing is so intense and wonderful to watch. One summer together and your team will start finding rhythm in klopp's new system
Madummer (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Shame he doesn't really have a brain. What the f**k was he doing at Lovrens header?    
Azeal (Liverpool) 5 days ago
He's a selfish striker, but the deadliest one we have
Honestabe (Liverpool) 5 days ago
I don't get this aversion to selfish strikers. That is exactly the attitude you want in the position designed to score goals. Esp. When he's a lone striker
Jeroen (Barcelona) 6 days ago
I know it's a meager consolation right now, but I actually think losing both finals will be beneficial for Liverpool in the long term. Why? Well, let's assume you won both:
1) Key players will be major targets for the richer clubs and you're probably going to lose some of them.
2) The media will surely overrate Liverpool at the start of next season, expecting you to compete for the title and perhaps even for the Champions League. This is definitely premature, but the English media are kings when it comes to premature expectation. Giggity.
3) The real flaws of the team will not be dealt with sufficiently, since they wouldn't have been painfully laid bare.
4) In relation to this, the owners wouldn't have been very willing to spend big this summer if you won. The flaws of the squad would have been masked and Klopp would be told the current batch of players is good enough.

It's paradoxical, but for big clubs premature success leads to long-term failure because the fundamental weaknesses aren't deal with properly. Look at United in Fergie's last year: the team was riddled with mistakes waiting to happen; aging players, lack of quality and depth, but that was all masked by the brilliance of a handful of players and Ferguson's management skills. Now they've been on a serious decline ever since he left, for a large part due to not anticipating well enough on the future.

I am convinced you guys are now in a stage where Tottenham was 2 years ago. Most of your players are in fact good enough, but they are held back by a minority who are either lacking in quality or do not fit the team well. Spurs had the same problem and Pochettino swept the house clean of redundant players while attracting exactly the right ones.

There's a video on top of this page where Klopp is already stating the summer will bring big change. I for one am convinced he is your 'Pochettino' and perhaps more than that. The present is perhaps gloomy, but your future is bright
Kazuki (Liverpool) 6 days ago
I don't think its the loss that bothers us as much Jeroen. Its just how they lost.    
Joeymac (Manchester United) 6 days ago
Jeroen, I see what you're trying to say about us (United), but I don't think it really fits with this situation of Liverpool and their two finals. It's not that our downfall was the result of premature success, Fergie had been winning titles for years; rather it was the failure of Moyes and the board to assert themselves positively in the summer and decide a direction for the club. This led to a lot of tension between senior players like Rio, Vidic, Evra, and the manager. They also failed to secure deals for Thiago, etc and couldn't get the best out of players like Cleverley, Rafael, etc (SAF's players). That led to some panic buys (Mata, Fellaini) instead of addressing the needs in central defence specifically, and now we're in a situation where we're having to refocus on a vision for a team. I think the examples of Leicester and Chelsea have taught us a lot this year about the responsibility of managers getting a team to buy into their identity.

In that last regards, I do think Liverpool is ahead of us because Klopp has a style that he wants to play and targets players accordingly. But our serious decline has largely been stymied for the time being. It's up to the next manager to focus on getting us out of mediocrity, and in that aspect, Liverpool and United are in the same boat
Barlfc (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Man, I had probably my worst day at the office. So much work to do and I simply couldn't concentrate a bit. I was like high, but without the good mood
And I know it's done and dusted now, but try and stay positive. We reached 2 cup finals in one year, and, altough we lost them both, the players and the staff will only learn from this experience. Just stay strong and believe. YNWA my fellow reds
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 6 days ago
I didn't get a wink of sleep last night and had to also go work in the worse mood. f**k it, this is all a learning curve for the players.... Some of them never had European games like that before so it can only get better from here on out
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 6 days ago
The one trolling Utd fan on here earlier is now banned. Sorry it took awhile but I had to track him back to his main account so I could ban both which meant waiting till I finished work. Take the loss on the chin and resist any bait thrown out on other team pages please unless you reply in good taste, they've been asked to keep it within limits in return. A tough day at the office for you guys, you have my sympathies, Arsenal's gone and bottled a cup game many times
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 6 days ago
Yeah i'd like to personally apologize because I should have banned him earlier as soon as he mentioned Hillsborough. I am very sorry liverpools guys and gals
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 6 days ago
See, there can be a heinous response to this wild and insensitive comment. But I understand you are manchester united fan and I expect better application of mind from pigs and asses than you bunch of idiots.

I hope this ends here.

And yes, while going back " flush THE OLD toilet, SOME man-urinated IN THE football CLUB
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 6 days ago
Don't worry, that's just a butthurt little boy crying because he was banned earlier. I don't often say this kind of thing as a mod pal but in your case it's richly deserved. Ahem, just gotta' clear my throat first.... I draw the line at mocking tragedy.

f**k OFF.

And if you do come back I will pursue you legally, I already have your home address, comments of this nature are a serious offense kid, go bug your parents instead.

Lfc1r140812: this is just one immature child. Do me a favour and don't generalise their fanbase on his actions
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 6 days ago
@Lfc140812 Your response just makes you just as bad as the person(s) who act in this childish behavior.    DTaDiablo
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 6 days ago
DTaDiablo, I generally don't react in this manner even this time I was restrained.

Rest is upto you guys, but I am not from the lot who intentionally flair up things
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Hmmm.... A Utd fan death mocking.... Weird that never happens
DTaDiablo ((Footytube Staff)) 6 days ago
C'mon Dan all fan bases have these so-called 'fans' that like to tarnish the club and their supporters
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 5 days ago
Dan it is a sad truth that I can point to past assholes in the Liverpool ranks that have mocked the Munich disaster as well. All teams have filth in their midst, generalizing does nobody any favours
Underrated (Liverpool) 6 days ago
This is exactly why you buy winners and not ones for the future winners win and one for the future bottle it in the final
Azeal (Liverpool) 5 days ago
Sounds like a real madrid fan...
Underrated (Liverpool) 5 days ago
No just a realist, I have supported liverpool since I was 5 that's over 20 years so don't insult me by saying that I sound like a madrid fan I bet you just started supporting liverpool after the champions league final in 2005

I have watched liverpool through really bad times and through really good times but the most effective times were when we bought proven talent ie torres, suarez, mascherano, ian rush, kenny, keegan, souness, hansen, Lawrenson, aldridge, molby etc

LesRouges (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Hope we get those players in asap now. We have some work to do for next season
MereEarthlings (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Rock bottom of a season

Klopp has a point though, it's only up from here.coming back 100%.

The discipline Klopp is about to instill with these 3x per day sessions is going to benefit some players immensely.

Ynwa
Hadee318 (Liverpool) 6 days ago
I know the loss isn't totally Moreno's fault but he had a massive hand in it. I can't stand part time defenders, as a defender your job is to defend first and attack second. But the poor guy can't defend, he made 2 mistakes for the first goal, a s**t header that went straight to their attacker and then gets nutmegged in the most dangerous position which ultimately led to the goal, a few minutes later he was out of position and Seville should have scored but Mignolet saved.

We need players that don't make crucial mistakes, it's the story of Liverpool right now. Sick to death with mistakes that lead straight to goals.

We need an equally consistent LB as Clyne is at RB and a new keeper obviously.
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Where the hell is flano?
He can f**k off back to Spain for all I care
Trying not to hate him, but mmmmm 1 up we should be more focused on not conceding and do everything to keep it tight. Getting the basics wrong in a final, ffs!
I was watching the match in a bar with friends, but came home soon after the final whistle and went straight to sleep after that second half display sucked out all my energy like a vacuum cleaner.

I just woke up and don't feel much better.

How did we capitulate like that after such a dominant first half display? Feel frustrated that amazing goal by Sturridge and those amazing displays by the team beforehand in the competition have ultimately come to mean nothing.

The only Silver lining, for me anyway is that we are not in Europe next season which means the league games will take precedent for us.

Leicester this season and us 2 years ago have proven if you don't have European footy as a distraction the league is there for the taking.

Last but not least arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhjhbbbdjdjdhhddhfhdjdhdhjd.

Thanks for reading guys, chin up, even though my chin is still firmly scraping the floor
This ones going to hurt for a while cause we f*****g blew our chances of champions league
Faceo (Liverpool) 6 days ago
That's 3 finals in a row liverpool have lost now. And 4 finals in a row that klopp has lost now...
I know bro, my heart is broken after those 2 finals, feel even worse for our manager, he looked absolutely dejected after the final whistle but still spoke like a champ to the camera
Felt worse for Klopp. Not our players who seem to bottle things when it actually matters. Toure looked like the only person out there that gave a flying f**k in the game
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
Klopp have lost 5 finals in a row now. Champions League 2013, DFB-Pokal 2014, DFB-Pokal 2015, Capital One Cup 2016 and Europa League 2016.
So bloody gutted! What the hell happened in that first 30 mins of the second half. It's like the players all had cramps at the same time. So gutted!
But have to stand by the team, they have made us dream again. 2 finals in a season, even through we lost and very sad and annoyed I'm still proud of my boys! Ynwa
Time too wake up I am sick of dreaming lol
Liv4lyf (Liverpool) 6 days ago
Chin up guys. You win you lose some. Don't think its refs fault. Credit to Sevilla they did a Liverpool on us. Lets strengthen our squad and give klopp at least 2 more years. Everywhere he has gone he hasn't been an instant success
If we lost in a even game I would not be disappointed but we lost badly, I feel the worst for Klopp you could see how much held the emotion in through the interviews and you can see how much he f*****g loves this club, if it's one thing we can take from this season it's that we are in the right hands in Jurgen Klopp
Can't wait for the summer, some good signings and we will be happy again. This was a painful loss but atleast we have Klopp who can take us to cup finals. Our players were too nervous today imo we was not at our best and got beaten by a very decent Spanish team. YNWA
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
I think Mario Götze will not join us anymore, because we will not play in european competition next season. =(
Gonzaga101 (Borussia Dortmund) 6 days ago
I honestly don't think gotze would fit in LFC.... I could be wrong, I don;t really follow LFC
Everything is over so what's next?

Imo this summer depended on tonight so now we have to act fast on targets or scout fast to get everyone in early to get a better pre season and Klopps style drilled. Then attack next season with a bang!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football