Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 3 days ago
That Sturridge video about style about is hilarious! ^    Funny guy
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Jamie Carragher’s Team of the Season: De Gea, Ivanovic, Koscielny, Terry, Azpilicueta, Sanchez, Fabregas, Matic, Hazard, Kane, Aguero.

Gary Neville’s Team of the Season: De Gea, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Sanchez, Fabregas, Matic, Hazard, Costa, Aguero
St1or (Barcelona) 3 days ago
Gary's team wins! How did Carragher choose Kane over Costa lol
Ehh all personal preference really. Kane scored a s**t ton but Costa is the better more experienced player
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Kane scored against big sides too whereas Costa hasn't
HITS1 (Chelsea) 3 days ago
Didn't Costa score against Spurs, Pool, and Arsenal? .... Hit the post vs City as well
BluFFmaster (Chelsea) 3 days ago
Suarez didn't score against the big sides, whats your point?
Um.... Suarez has scored against Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, and Everton.    Well I take that back, Everton isn't a "big" side lol
Malik (Barcelona) 3 days ago
Would change Cahill for fonte in Neville's team
Arsenalgirl (Arsenal) 3 days ago
I would take kane over Costa the thug any day.... Jamie is right
Liquidator (Chelsea) 3 days ago
I wouldn't pick Cahill. Alderweireld, Koscielny, or Fonte for me.

@drak: Costa has scored plenty of goals against big teams for an injury hit season
BluFFmaster (Chelsea) 3 days ago
@Dan yes, but in the 13/14 season he didn't score against any of the title rivals a. K. A "so called big sides". But does that mean Suarez is not good? Obviously not, and that's the point I was making.

And Costa has scored his share of goals against the big sides, just like Suarez did (as Dan said), when people brought up this point in 13/14
Bplittle (Liverpool) 3 days ago
How many years does Sterling have left on his contract?
Drogbalampard (Chelsea) 3 days ago
2?
Yeah it's 2
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 days ago
10 days, bye
Malik (Barcelona) 3 days ago
But I think he have some clause in his contract with which he can buy his remaining period of contract
Does anyone have a Sturridge 2014/2015 highlight compilation?
Yeah....    . … it's just a image of the physio table though lol
Rainmaker (Liverpool) 3 days ago
^L. M. F. A. Oh....
What does the word Sterling mean?
Tomedis (Liverpool) 3 days ago
As far as I know, Sterling is a surname of a footballer that plays for us and we will support him everyday I hate when people talk s**t about him, why? What if he signs 5 year new deal? Then what? Will they still talk the same?
Why? It's not unwarranted IMO. I'm not saying people have to hate him but he's done no favors.

1. Seen partying with CP players after they beat us (look a few posts down)
2. Unauthorized media interviews without the clubs consent (BBC interview)
3. Rumbling on about how the club hasn't "protected" him from the headlines
4. Done very little out on the pitch and invisible in big games. Disinterested atm
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 3 days ago
Archer?
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
British call it fuking money...
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 3 days ago
Raheem loves them sterling
Anyone else think this "ease" of the FFP by UEFA is going to hurt us a bit?

Club owner John W Henry and Fenway Sports Group have been keen to see FFP implemented in a sterner fashion, stating in the summer of 2014: "The biggest challenge for us has been the ignoring of Financial Fair Play. "

Considering we've dropped out of the top 4 it's going to be tough when the other top clubs break the bank for big players.

I agree with Wenger on some things:

"It looks like there's an international pressure to make these rules more flexible because of potential investors in other countries, " Wenger told reporters on 19 May. "I believe the television contract in England has pushed some other clubs in Europe to want this to be a bit more flexible for them so they can compete better with investors investing in their clubs. "

"I believe it's more down to counteracting the potential investments of the English clubs by the other European clubs. The pressure came more from the other European clubs. "
Bravo (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I always knew that FSG relied too heavily on FFP. That may have been the primary reasons they bought the club in the first place, as they talked a lot about it back then. They should have done more research though. Football is not like the popular American sports, where the leagues really try to equal things out for teams. E. G. in MLB, there have been around 15 different champions in the last 20 years. In NBA, look at the teams that are in the semi-finals: none of them has been a major team in the last 20 years. In football, though, UEFA and local FA's simply don't care about equality. Football is organized about big teams that spend big and compete ruthlessly in the transfer market. I wish FSG knew that beforehand. Big money teams will not let FFP get in their way
Good point. Not sure what the hell is going to happen in the summer
Really Sterling?

Link: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-ne...

Make this c**t train with the reserves until he realizes how lucky he is to be at this club
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 days ago
He will probably end up at Crystal Palace after warming City's bench for few years anyway. So nothing wrong celebrating with your future teammates
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 3 days ago
The next sinclaire (signed by aston villa)
Bravo (Liverpool) 3 days ago
In the 15 years I have followed LFC closely and supported them, I have never seen an upcoming transfer window that looks so unexciting due to the fact that there is really no hope of signing anyone decent. We gradually turned into a club that no one wants to play for, except local league overachievers like Lallana, Lambert, Ings etc. Even the promising youngsters like Origi and Markovic would have never signed for us this summer, after the total lack of potential and ambition that the club demonstrates. I have followed closely every transfer window, but this time I will definitely try to avoid the frustration of losing all decent targets and bringing in players that none of our rivals would have gone after
Barlfc (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Actually, this is a transfer window that I'm very excited about, because I believe we need only couple of smart buys to truly become a competitive team. I know I could be a little optimistic, but I hope that Brendan will see that without competitive players you cannot create a competitive team.
Ynwa mate
Lordjaggi (Arsenal) 3 days ago
Redordead94 (Liverpool) 3 days ago

Carra and Neville on MNF discussing Sterling's situation.

Phenomenal point by Carra regarding trophies. You want trophies Raheem? Where the f**k were you when we needed a goal against Aston-f*****g-Villa in the FA Cup semi?
How much was Gerrard paid while single-handedly winning cups for us in the 2000's? Over 100k/week? Raheem is really damaging his relationship with the supporters right now
Liquidator (Chelsea) 3 days ago
Don't you think you've got a serious problem if you're dependent on a 20 year old to win trophies?
Drde159 (Manchester United) 3 days ago
Benitez to replace Allardyce at WH. So he is available after all?
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
Can we have candreva please....    If a top club buys him from lazio ima be so pissed -_-
Duces14 (Arsenal) 3 days ago
Such an underrated player. Would be a very good acquisition for you guys
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
My favourite seria a player in last couple of years, plays great for Italy too. Hugely under rated would do so well in the premier league. He can play in all of the attacking positions as well which is a bonus. Reminds me alot of how turan plays only faster and with a better cross
Cloudst 3 days ago
Felipe Anderson
Most Italian players if not all Italian players perform well with the National team. (even Mario).

Anderson isn't going to be cheap cloudst.

Stephan el shaarawy would be a great signing imo
Cloudst 3 days ago
Well if Liverpool are gonna' sell Sterling might as well invest in quality. I mean we did spend a combined 80 million on two players and it drastically changed how we're viewed as a team now it's about quality not quantity for Liverpool at the moment

They need players who can lead by example
El sharaway is quality though
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I'd honestly be okay with Jovetic + 20m for Sterling if ManCity really are interested in doing business
Cloudst 3 days ago
Would you really take an injury prone player like Jovetic? He doesn't seem to handle the EPL physicality well
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 3 days ago
20 mil plus jovetic? It should be the other way round. Beside injury prone, jovetic is a better player
PaRa (Liverpool) 3 days ago
^ Yes, but when he's out for 3/4 of the season, that price will dramatically drop. No team wants a player made out of glass, it just doesn't make sense.

Same applies for Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge. If he does not recover from this latest injury, I think Liverpool will have to cut its losses. Liverpool gambling again.

Both great players no doubt - just can't stay fit
Wisesaint (Manchester City) 3 days ago
I pray we don't go for sterling
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Wow, Mignoet for golden glove? If he keeps the next clean sheet. If Mignolet gets the golden glove who knows, maybe Ings will be better than Suarez LOL, there I said it
Madder (Liverpool) 3 days ago
We had been bashing him.... But he is a top lad.... Work hard and prove the doubters wrong.... A good footballer example
^ A true pro unlike someone cough* $terling cough*
Puttu86 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I hope atleast now rodgers will stop licking his ass and give chance to others...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football