Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
GReYwind2 (Liverpool) 22 hours ago
Speaking to a very nervous looking Alec Lindsay on his debut:
"When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net,
Just the same way you used to at Bury. Bemused Lindsay said:
But Boss that wasn't me it was Bobby Kerr.
Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player. "

Ahahaha oh, Shanks
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 22 hours ago
Why give someone a six year contract if your not willing to stick with him for one? Everyone knew this United team was getting old and wasn't really all that good. Really makes you think, how did they win the league last year? They even brought in Mata and Felliani. Really makes you think about the affect Fergie had on referees and time keepers.

In other news, go Atletico! If you've learned anything from PSG, score first and keep scoring
Subhakar7 (Manchester United) 21 hours ago
Lol.... Referees again...
MUFC1990 (Manchester United) 21 hours ago
The 6 year contract was basically harmless as the club had a performance based get out clause entitling Moyes to a 12 month pay out should the club fail to achieve its minimum target of a top 4 finish.

Effectively he was basically on a 2 year deal if we didn't get champions league football, if Moyes achieved the bare minimum target of a top 4 finish we would have stuck with him.

You can't take the champions of England from 1st to 7th in one season with the additions of Fellaini, Mata and even Zaha and not expect to be called into question, the club was at breaking point and the fans and players had lost belief in him, had to go
SW61HS (Chelsea) 21 hours ago
Lol
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 20 hours ago
At least Fergie knew what he was leaving Moyes? Correct?
Redordead94 (Liverpool) 20 hours ago
I wonder if Howard Webb has broken up with Fergie yet...
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 19 hours ago
Mufc1990, You do know Zaha's on loan at Cardiff and has nothing to do with your season, right?
MUFC1990 (Manchester United) 17 hours ago
@Unbelivable4026

Yes I am aware of that mate, but it was Moyes who loaned him out mid-season without ever giving him a real chance, persisting with the likes of Ashley Young and what not.

@Goiko

I think Mata was a safety net in all honesty, Rooney had not signed a new contract and there was mutterings around the press that RVP was unhappy with the training regime and other stuff.

We could of been looking at losing one or even both of our two top attackers, fortunately this isn't going to happen, although Mata is a top player, world class arguably, I think the club was hoping he would give us a lift as top 4 was not out of sight (at the time), it's up to the new manager to try and integrate a system with all three as they are top players and can thrive if used correctly.

As for Herrera, yes he was excellent against us a few years ago but I was never comfortable with the idea of paying 30 million for him, I'm glad we didn't in the end, not happy with Fellaini neither though, glad Herrera is doing well though
Goiko (Athletic Bilbao) 17 hours ago
Mufc1990: do you think Mata was a Moyes signing or did they get him just to please fans? Because a #10 isn't what you guys needed at the time (Rooney can play there + there's always Kagawa), a CM was needed alot more. Also, I'm happy that you lot went for Fellaini instead of pursuing Ander Herrera, who has been a beast for us this season (one of our best players really)
Filip90 (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
I just saw the news

I'm devastated

A sad day for football

You'll return stronger, and hopefully take over chelsea or man city. You deserve it man!
SW61HS (Chelsea) 20 hours ago
Lol take over chelsea
BlackAna (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
I am going to miss videos like this:

And also all those Mourinho phone ins

MoyesIn....
Madder (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
Everton allow moyes to join manchester united.
Everton causes moyes sacking by winning 2-0.

Hahahahaaha everton, real winner in the deal
Sfc9576 (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
LOL awww.....
JohnnyWalker (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
Us back in the Champions League group stage.... Still trying to get my head around this
Blayzie (Liverpool) Yesterday
This took me several tries to watch completely without laughing

Puttu86 (Liverpool) Yesterday
Hey guys do we have any chance of getting Erik Lamela in the summer?

If we can get him for 15-18 mn then it would be a great piece of business considering we have bid 18 mn for Konoplyanka....

He is still 22 and can play any where in the attacking line and if rodgers can get the best out of him, he will be one of the best in the world....
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) Yesterday
I'm not sure Tottenham would be willing to let go of a player they bought, which hasn't started a game to my knowledge, for 15-18m when they paid 26M for him. Especially to a club within the same league. If, which is a big if, he is going anywhere it is probably back to a Serie A club.

Side note: Should have put in a bid for Erikson!
Ashup78 (Liverpool) Yesterday
I wouldn't take him, if we are spending that much money, we can get shaqiri.    @4026 check your wall bro.
Madder (Liverpool) Yesterday
Fun killer!
Pewpew (Liverpool) Yesterday
I will be pissed if they convince klopp to leave dortmund. They can have anyone else I don't care
MUFC1990 (Manchester United) Yesterday
No need to worry about Klopp Pewpew, very loyal man, I don't see him leaving.    100% sure it will be either Van Gaal or Simeone.
You never know mate loyalty is pretty much nearing extinction in football. With klopp losing all his star players I wouldnt be shocked if he takes the united job. I would be just a bit dissapointed.

Van Gaal could be great entertainment to watch. He doesn't take crap from noone hahaa.

Link: www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/england/2014/04/22/...

Klopp is pretty much BVB at heart, don't see him coming
Nice to hear
So I guess the next one is gonna' be "The Unchosen one"?
Bplittle (Liverpool) Yesterday
**That's BR!    "The Carefully Chosen One", that is
Hahaha
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 23 hours ago
#TheNextFromManyOne
BarcaMyLove (Barcelona) Yesterday
Hey guys, I'm interested in buying a jersey for my gf from the Liverpool shop online, she is a size 6 and is tiny, like a little kid. Although when I click on the kids size, it just has ages, e. G. 9-11, 11-13.... Has anyone bought a kids jersey before, or know what the sizes are like?
JayMajethiya (Liverpool) Yesterday
Official : Sacked
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) Yesterday
-1, thumbs down.... Dislike
Bplittle (Liverpool) Yesterday
Who do you think they'll bring in?

Maybe Tony Pulis? Look at the job he did with Crystal Palace. His style would suit Man UTD (crosses fingers)
MUFC1990 (Manchester United) Yesterday
Van Gaal and Simeone are the favourites for the role.    If you're genuinely interested Bplittle.
Bp lets not praise tony pulis that much. We still have to play palace don't jinx it lol
Bplittle (Liverpool) 23 hours ago
Hahah my comment was mostly a joke.

The way they chose Moyes, I'm hoping that they'll choose another overrated English manager who crafts archaic football, further propagating their continued demise
Footster (Liverpool) Yesterday
That would be awesome!
Its official, Moyes has been sacked!
Tobes (Liverpool) Yesterday
It's BBC official.

Link: www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27107795

Damn I'm gonna' miss that guy.
Maybe we'll see him in an FA or League cup match against some Premier league team next year while managing a Championship team
Tobes (Liverpool) Yesterday
Or maybe he'll be rewarded with an international management role like our former "footballing genius" Woy Hodgson. He seems to have the same credentials at club level
BlackAna (Liverpool) Yesterday
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!    :' (   Why though, he was a football genius. WHY?! Guys I think we need to protest

Kick4Life - changing lives through football