Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Ketan87 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I am disappointed to see no news of our youngsters - Jonjo, Wilson moving out on loan. Would be glad to see more playing time for them?
SamWiseDarlo (Manchester City) 3 years ago
What do you guys think of RAWK? Is it a realistic representation of Liverpool FC and the fan's views or just totally cringeworthy garbage?

I know most club forum sites have a lot of deluded fans on them (bluemoon being one) but RAWK has a reputation. A handful of fans were claiming that Lucas is one of if not the best DM in the world. Now I have Liverpool supporting friends and their opinion couldn't be more different. Thoughts?
Khaimet (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Coates YNWA wuhoooooooooooo!
Liverpoolrafi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Great news but we should'nt expect too much from him straight away, he may need some bedding in time
Liverpoolrafi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Great news but we should'nt expect to much from him straight away, he may need some bedding in time
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Nicely done with Joe Cole saga, seeing a very tactical approach from Liverpool, Now Villa is interested now according to SSN...
Could Mario Balotelli be heading for the exit at Manchester City? The sulky Italian's profile has mysteriously been removed from the club's official website, kicking off widespread reports that Balotelli could be heading for AC Milan.

Mario needs to quit football
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He has too much talent to quit. He needs a mental evaluation, community service, and a strong figure of authority
Fowlerred23 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
This is true -> clicking on his name leads to a page error!
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
According to my sister who follows Man City on twitter, the club has acknowledged the glitch on the website but insist Balo is going nowhere
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You wouldn't want to mess with Mancity authorities Balotelli, they can make you rot in the bench
From a random tweeter

Latest rumours in Italy say Mauro Zarate has beenspotted at John Lennon International Airport in Liverpool - bit. Ly/nDV8ll
Apparently Lazio have rejected all loan offers for Mauro Zarate, will only sell him for €20m or loan him if there's a forced option to buy.... Someone suggests we do a Juve - agree to 20M and then offer 7M at the end of the year
From the BBC website:

QPR are said to be talks to sign Welsh striker Craig Bellamy

Bolton manager Owen Coyle tells BBC Sport's Paul Plunkett that a deal for Liverpool striker David Ngog could still happen: "He's a very good player and I've been a big admirer for a long time. We'll have to wait and see if it happens today. "
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Reports are circulating that Liverpool are trying to sign Argentine front man Mauro Zarate to bolster their attacking options.

The Reds spent big in January in acquiring Andy Carroll from Newcastle and Luis Suarez from Ajax for a combined total of £58m but manager Kenny Dalglish is not ready to rest on his laurels. Currently only Dirk Kuyt remains at Anfield as recognised back up in that department with David Ngog destined for pastures new but with the Dutchman having excelled in wide positions rather than up front during his time on Merseyside, another striker is required.

Link: www.fanatix.com/news/liverpool-eyeing-transfer-of-...
Bolton boss Owen Coyle says that he could sign Liverpool striker David N'Gog today. Bye David. Your 100 appearances will always be forgotten

Craig Bellamy is now being linked with QPR. Liverpool were also thought to be interested. The Welsh striker could become only the fourth player to represent at least seven different clubs in the Premier League era, along with Wayne Routledge (7), Andy Cole (7) and Marcus Bent (8)
That's kind of harsh to someone who is a loyal servant to the club. Anyways best wishes David, hope you enjoy your time at Bolton
Continuing on from my earlier post:

Deadline Day
(I will update this as often and early as possible)

Confirmed so far:
-Juventus have signed Elia
-psg have signed Lugano

Almost completed:
-Liverpool have accepted a bid from Bolton for David Ngog

Strong Rumours:
-Bendtner to Stoke?
-Perreira to Chelsea?
-Honda to Arsenal?
-swp to QPR?
-Jerome to Stoke?
-Crouch to Stoke?
-Pavyluchenko to Sunderland or Porto?
-Meireles to Chelsea?
-G. Cahill to Tottenham?
-Bellamy to Liverpool, Tottenham or QPR?
-Zarate to Liverpool?
-Benayoun to Tottenham?
-J. Cole to Lille or AstonVilla

NOT moving:
-Ribery
-Cisse
-Modric
-Hazard to liverpool?
Lol. I wish.
Hazard says he doesn't want to leave and would only go to barca not epl...
Meireles and modric to stay put -> ribery to chelsea instead is what I am hearing
I wouldn't read too much into that ribery rumor.... I think it was started by the sun
I'd prefer Zarate to Hazard. Half the transfer price, half the ego, all of the talent
TomArctic (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Arsenal HAVE GONE crazy - 40 Mil euroes for Mario Gotze! Plus a host of others on their rader! Good luck though.... Always had a soft spot for them
Sirius (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I heard they said No to the deal already, Gotze wouldn't be moving anywhere for at least 2 years down the road according to his agent
If they did manage that deal it would have been legendary. He is such a talented player and would fit their style of play well
Yeah they rejected.... They must really believe he's going to become something special to reject that huge sum of money
German teams.... They know how to keep hold of their players and are very rarely bullied in selling their stars...
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Nearly every team in Germany is financially stable and then some. They all have great big stadiums that rack in the worlds highest attendance averages year by year. They raise their own players. During the transfer market they trade within the country, very few teams seek talent from outside of Germany but when they do they purchase very cost effective young players and grow them into stars. So there is really no need to cash in on their best players.

Sahins departure to madrid was just a huge slap to the face for most fans because it was him that wanted to go, even after he said he wouldnt.

In Gotzes case he will, I'm almost 80% sure of this, stay at Dortmund for a long time to come. He is already an electrifying player, and will only get better
Now that we have got coates, what is you guys best pairing?
A. Cara-agger
Be. Coates-agger
See. Cara- coates
D. Coates- skertl

I personally would love to see the number be, as I think having two players who can walk the ball out of defence and be a menace at the other end of the field, specially without losing anything defensively is priceless
Bloody trickey decision Noone wants to see Cara out - who would have thought we'd have been in this position this time last year laaaave it
Well I was thinking ayala would be pushing cara out of the team lol, but yes what a great situation to be in. Now we can live with a couple of injuries too. Hail the king
I will have to reserve my vote until I actually see coates play
Good hopefully in a couple of months, i'll ask you again
I would say Comolli's lonig term plan is be. But short term kenny's plan is a
Don't forget that kelly can play cb and apparently skrtel can play rd
Ansalthered (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I don't THINK KELLY CAN PLAY AT CB. HE HAS HOLES IN THIS POSSITION WE CANNOT LET THAT.... HE IS VERY GOOD AT RIGHT BACK DEFENSIVELY AND ATTACKINGLY. WE HAVE ENOUGH AT THE CENTRE. AGGER IS STILL FIRST CHOICE CB. SKRTEL IS CONSISTENT BUT I don't THING HE CAN STOP THE LEAKAGE OF GOALS. COATES IS GOOD ANSWER TO THAT BUT HE IS BIT SLOW. MAY BE COATES WILL GET CAUGHT WHEN WE ATTACK FROM BEHIND. EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE PROVEN PLAYERS HAVE SOME PACE LIKES OF JAGIELKA, CAHIL, JONES, ETC
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 years ago
OH MY GOD CAPSLOCK IS AWESOME!
Khaimet (Liverpool) 3 years ago
LOL!
Is the page lagging?    Yes it is!
Liverpool hope to take advantage of the situation and have offered the French side Cole to build up a rapport.

Lille are unlikely to sell this summer, as they need Hazard for their Chamnpions League campaign, but the Reds want to be at the front of the queue in 12 months time.

Link: www.caughtoffside.com/2011/08/30/liverpool-flop-se...

I like the sound of that. If we could sign only one player during next summer's transfer I hope it's him. He would be like the icing on the cake, ready on time for us when we hit the champions league
Tobes (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Change of tune off transfer deadline for a second. Not sure if this has been posted, but J. Henry has said a bit more on the stadium plans and the search for a naming-rights partner to boost stadium capacity instead of a shared stadium.

Link: www.thisisanfield.com/2011/08/lfc-seeking-naming-r...
I thought this comment hit the nail on the head.

"a ground-share would be helpful for both clubs. But there doesn’t seem to be any support for that from Red or Blue fans – at all. So how could that ever happen?”

Edit: There is a link to the full Telegraph interview in this link if you want to have a long read (not just about stadium plans)
He has a very interesting point also when he says, we will have to invest 300millions upwards for a new stadium to get only 15, 000 more seats.
I wouldnt want to be in his shoes at the moment. Lest hope we can get some finance for the naming rights or other means to offset that 300mill cost as it would impact massively on our transfer budget for around 5 years or so
Lets hope if we do sell our naming rights, the partners will not come out with something stupid like the Etihad Stadium. That's a dumb name alright imagining the fans screaming '' THIS IS etihad '' in the stadium, wouldn't fit with our profile.

I'd still hope a Liverpool Fan would buy over the naming rights and name it something meaningful and fits the profile of us.

Ps : No offense to any City fans out there but the name of your stadium just makes me speechless
That would be the ideal plan, but it's very hard to do any expansion due to licence and other things too
I edited my comment after reading the article, Whoops

Kick4Life - changing lives through football