Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Madder (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Fc loyalty  Https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.Akamaihd.Net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260436_478855225466845_1801704429_n.Jpg    
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
Respect.  Players like these are rare nowadays.
Oweniit (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Hats off for those kind of players
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Scholes and Carragher are missing
PaRa (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Alessandro Del Piero living legend, and of course Gerrard
Fernandez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Love Del Piero
The man is still scoring goals.    
Teja7 3 years ago
REAL madrid's NURI sahin SET FOR liverpool AS arsenal END interest

The Reds offered to pay a larger proportion of Sahin's £115,000 wages, swinging the deal in their favour.

There will also be an option to buy the player for £14m at the end of the loan.

Link: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19364375?utm_source...

If anyone's wondering, Nuri Sahin is earning £115,000/week at Real Madrid.
Arsenal were reported to only have been ready to pay half of his wage which was around 50k-60k but Real Madrid declined that offer and subsequently Wenger lost interest because of his own policies.

Whereas, if rumors are to be believed, Liverpool were willing to pay £85,000 of his £115,000 and we are also reportedly paying Real Madrid £3,000,000 to secure ourselves of his definite signature. Also, LOL (Again, rumors for now) we have a £14,000,000 buy-out clause in the loan contract. Boo-yeah!

P.S.
I hope I don't jinx this
KingLucas (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Not to be negative here, but by paying 3 million for him we will have paid Real Madrid almost half of his transfer fee from Dortmund, which is 8 pounds (10 euros) and at the end of the year he might be a flop(most likely he won't). Even if he does extremely well and we want to keep him he might turn as down and go back to Madrid.

Just saying
Teja7 3 years ago
True. But just the thought of Sahin signing for us for just 14m excited me.
It might not happen, but it's still great to have that clause in the contract
The clause is probably the reason we are paying so much for the loan
Pewpew (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I could care less to be honest our main problem is not being addressed which is we lack goal scorers heck we beat hearts off an own goal we need to get our priorities straight and sell carroll cause we clearly are not gonna' play him sell him and some deadwood doni, adam, spearing beg fsg for more money and get a world class goal poacher who can get us 20 goals a season cause at the moment we don't have anybody who can be relied on to score goals for us consistently
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Tony barrett of the times said there is no buyout clause at the end of season. So it really comes down to who you believe tony barrett or ben smith.

Does it matter if we have paid nearly half of what madrid paid for him? He wouldn't have come to us if we offered 10m to dortmund.

The flip side is, if he is good and helps the team get fourth then the 3m and his wages are going to look like peanuts against what we'll get from champions league.
Teja7 3 years ago
I agree with you @Pewpew
TheTorresBounce (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@PaRa regarding Sahin.... First of all if you insist on calling Sahin petty names at least get them remotely right, its prima donna.... Not pre-madonna *facepalm* And you honestly think any player in the world would put the club he's going to on loan ahead of his own self- interest, of course not, he's looking out for himself as would any other, that's the world we live in bud, get used to it. I guarantee you'll be eating a big ol humble pie by the end
According to Urban dictionary Link: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pre%20mado...

We all make spelling/grammar errors here. I just don't feel the need to say something every f*****g time someone does, that's a job for the grammstapo. Are you part of them? Tell me the truth now.... Oh and it's HE IS not "hes" but I get your point....

That's my opinion of him, don't like it, too bad. I just think he's jerking one on Liverpool and in the end, who knows how he will perform, he might get an injury or not gel well at Anfield, so don't bet your mortgage on it.

Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
We need his skills, not his emotional attachment to this club.... We have enough of that from gerrard and carra....

If he plays and scores some goals and gives us creativity in the midfield his job is done....

And his addition will definitely add a spice to our midfield....
Look, I know he's got skill, otherwise Real wouldn't even bother signing him. Like I said, our midfield is stacked, and we just got Allen. We should be looking for a pure forward. He can go find somewhere else to pay his ridiculous wage's, Wenger was bright enough not to. Did you even read that he preferred Arsenal over Liverpool, or you forgot about that because of his kick-ass skills?
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Actually PaRa urban dictionary confirms what he said

"Misspelling of the words "Prima donna"
Usually from a result of being confused with the singer Madonna and how well she fits the meaning of the term. "

Prima Donna literally means before womanhood. I don't think the term should apply here either
[account-removed] 3 years ago
@zosoholeh noticed that too haha.... Smh
LOL I know I misspelled it, I confirmed it in the reply. You got the point right? And I'm not fixing it, just to piss you guys off, and the fact that I'm a stubborn bastard. XP
@ Gerrard4ever

It's this reason why Liverpool are in shambles today. Too many over-rated players that are in it for their BEST interest (meaning money) and fans like you are too oblivious to see it.

If he doesn't care about playing for Liverpool then it's probably best we shouldn't try to pick him up, another words, he's not going to give it his all for the club, he's only willing to play here to pay his bills.

I say f**k that, Wenger won't take his s**t, nor should we. He can take his bench warming Real Madrid skills else where. He also flipped Liverpool the bird once, why allow him to do it again? Come on, don't be such a sucker.
-----------------------------

1) he isn't overrated. Okay he might be shite now because he hasn't played for a year but any bundesliga watching person can tell you that he was bossing the midfield at dortmund before he moved to madrid.

2) how do you know he doesn't care? His preference is arsenal, and I can understand why. Right now they are a better option than we are. Also I would imagine a chance to work under wenger would be a big pull for a young player trying to show his talent so that madrid will put him in their first XI. If he doesn't care or didn't want to, he could just sit on the bench and collect his paychecks at madrid. Plus he needs to perform or else he won't have a future at madrid.

3) don't really know what to say....

Btw if someone is wondering, the first bit is PaRa's response to me asking why sahin wouldn't put his interest ahead of liverpool or arsenal.
Listen, I read and write in 4 other language's, I'm not perfect....Damn grammar Nazi's I tell ya

@ Gerrard4ever

How do you know he doesn't care?

He didn't, in fact, he wanted to go to a team in England that had champions league football. Liverpool wasn't even on his radar, it was Mourinho who told him he should go to Liverpool, not Sahin himself. So essentially, he might come to Pool because he has to--he's pretty much in a predicament and Liverpool is his last resort and to more or less have a future when he comes back from loan.

Sorry if I'm a bit blunt sometimes, that's just me
Don't think we are last resort, there was a team in turkey I think who wanted him but he refused them flat out.    
In England we are, and to be frank, he really wasn't the s**t in Dortmund. I follow Dortmund and I can tell you Dortmund would've kept him if they really wanted to, but instead, they had Shinji Kagawa at the time, which was a perfect replacement
PC2572 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
So Nuri Sahin was born before Madonna? I thought he was younger....

Anyway.... Kagawa was not a replacement for Sahin.... Sahin used to play a deeper role in midfield.... After he left they changed the tactics somewhat.... Assigning more responsibility Hummels out of defence....

I really don't see where he will fit in in Liverpool.... If we are getting Sahin then we really lose some of the garbage (read : Charlie Adam).... And loan out Henderson....
Hahaha (sarcastic laugh) you guys better make damn sure you proof read your post's in the future, cause I'm going to be gunning for you clowns lol

I guess replacement wasn't the proper term for you, more like filled the void of his departure
Definitely I have read he had chosen arsenal over us and can't you put your tone a bit low you when you talk we are having a simple conversation here.... And there is certain way of talking if someone had taught you manners....

FFS we are making the effort to sign some world class player and its not like he said he does not want to play for us....

And obviously in the given option of liverpool and arsenal whom would you play for? Arsenal are more stable wenger is a great manager as G4E said....

And that is what I think and that is my personal opinion, I respect your opinion and you should rather do the same.... If not don't give it a damn....
Sam, don't take it personally, I speak/write to family and friends this way too, you can say I'm a bit blunt
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Haha @ Hearts, they're always a punching bag. Good job and good luck against City! Could be the first upset of the season? City didn't look all too solid in their first match!
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
The first upset has already happened Everton/United
I think more then players, fans in the stadium will help liverpool play....

Looking forward to the game but as always they have got some extra ordinary team.... So anything is possible....
LFCclass (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'd also call wba v liverpool an upset as well. (at home)
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I cannot wait till Sunday.... We need one of those special Anfield days. But about Hearts I thought they played pretty well and had some of our players on the defence. Their home crowd was pretty mental (big compliment) even though they were chanting "your not famous anymore" which is a big lie everyone knows
I wouldn't call this an upset considering we beat them 3-0 at home last season. They have the same squad as last year and ours has slightly improved(kinda, somewhat). I know things haven't gone in our favor the last few seasons, but Liverpool beatting another team is not an upset. It's expected
Xtsmaddrid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
^ not trying to be nit picky but we actually drew city 1-1 in the league last year at home. We won 3-0 the year before last when carroll had the brace
Wow really time flies. Lol I really thought that was last year
Xtsmaddrid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Haha I know right. I remember when we signed suarez and carroll like it was yesterday
Technically that was last year
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
So how did carra perform? Is he gonna' start against city?
XxFinesse360xX (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Friday so far here in Australia
4:45am - wake up watch Europa League
6:30am El Classico
8:30am: go to school hand in assessment
12:30pm: Fifa Comp at my house + eagerly waiting for Sahin announcement
Teja7 3 years ago
I think getting both Sahin and Dempsey would be a huge boost for the squad. Great players who can offer a lot to the team.

Dempsey can play on the right wing, something we lacked in today's match. There was no threat from the right flank what so ever. All the creative plays came from Sterling who was on the left.

Also Sahin would exponentially increase the creativity in the midfield. Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Spearing (although showed glimpses of an attacking threat) were nothing special to penetrate the Heart's defence to help Borini upfront.

That said, Imagine today's match with Sahin instead of Adam in the middle. And also Dempsey on the right wing instead of Hendo. That would have been a whole different story.

Today's line-up with those two:
------------Pepe----------
-Kelly-Carra-Agger-Jack-
----Jordan---Spearing----
-Dempsey-Sahin--Sterling-
---------Borini---------

Killer!
-A win for the lads & Brendan.

-An away goal (advantage at Anfield)

-Majority of the first team squad saved for Sunday.

-Experience for the younger lads - especially Raheem.

-No negative bullshit headlines like "Heart Breakers" or "No Heart" in the morning.

-Good work out to help with fitness.

Aside from that, none too much to write home about.

On to the Man City game.

My motm: Raheem Sterling.

Hopefully this f*****g Sahin roller coaster comes to a conclusion within the next 12-24 hours!
You could also add that we managed to beat Hearts by an own goal and look like serious contenders for a top 10 spot this season, just saying....
Messuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lol spot on I'm pretty sure someone already had "Heart Breakers" as a headline ready to publish if we had so much as drawn the game
0restes11 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Sterling was amazing.... That kid should start
Whenever we play 1st leg away in europe we always are in comfortable position....    
Montpellieraine (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I would reply to Dan's post if I could but I just want to say: I LOVE YOU martin kelly, let's get married, kthxbai
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 3 years ago
Looool you've been wanting that for a while now montpelliraine
You'd like that won't you Mont?
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Oh man.... It took me like 2 hours to realise what kthxbai meant.... Lol at my own stupidity...
Would love to see Kelly in the heart of the defence with Skrtel this weekend...

Link: www.thisisanfield.com/2012/08/martin-kelly-the-new...
OMFG!    The threat Mourinho f*****g worked trolololol
XxFinesse360xX (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Reports suggesting Liverpool will pay around £2. 8m for Sahin's loan deal on 85k per week
Teja7 3 years ago
Only Liverpool would pay close to 3m for a damn loan deal. LMAO    Our scouting team is hilarious
Well why else do you think we are getting him instead of arsenal from the looks of it
I don't care, just get him lol
Messuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Those same scouts did help us get assaidi for around 3mill, although jury is still out on whether or not that was a brilliant piece of business
If we can win something this season then those money spent will fetch us more.... And we definitely can expect us to raise the bar he is world class talent and no one can deny it...
PaRa: I would reply normally but seeing as I can't, I use Safari. I tried Firefox too though and the same thing happened. Never had this problem before so I don't think it's my browser
Try Chrome for your Mac, if not that, then you might need a Java update
Dicicco8 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Mmmm
I still can't use the reply or edit button! In fact none of the buttons are working. Can't go to page 2 of the Liverpool chat, for instance, or page 3 or 4 for that matter. What the f**k footytube?!?!
What browser are you using?
If it makes you feel better it worked perfectly for me.

That's not nice of me. If you want me to apologise just let me know in s reply directly underneath here...
Teja7 3 years ago
What's that?
Marianne hates Martin Kelly and thinks he's ugly?

Well, if it's false she would reply to this comment. I guess otherwise, the rumors are true
Happens to me too sometimes (using chrome) and just have to close it and open again. Have a feeling you probably tried that already though
@Teja: Uh oh.... Even I think you crossed the line there my friend.... Lol
Teja7 3 years ago
Pshhh, like, pfft....    If I did cross the line she would have replied to the comment. Right Marianne?
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Huh, bbc says you're getting Sahin.

This one time, and this time only, I blame Wenger. He's got to stop being so stingy, Sahin wanted Arsenal and settled for a club that would pay the wages.

Well done anyhow, he's a great player and will help you guys out a lot
And Liverpool are the suckers that are willing to pay that much for the pre-madonna/metrosexual

Kick4Life - changing lives through football