Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Madummer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
"It was not the best way of leaving, but it was not the way they sold it. Someday people will know the truth." - Fernando Torres.

Hmmm....

Link: www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/deta...
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 4 years ago
They pushed him out the exit door?
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 4 years ago
A quick question, I might sound a bit silly thou. Why the f**k spain is playing against france in the world cup qualifications? Didn't spain won the last world cup so they qualify automatically just like the host country? Didn't understand that.... Explain please
Trev (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It is a friendly
Kain (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Poland vs england game might be post poned due to heavy rain
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I thought it's still not for a few more hours?
They said about 9pm in poland kick off but where I'm watching is 8pm kick off and theres gona be a offical announcement
Alright.... Keep us updated, cheers!
BlackAna (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Nooooo, I hope it doesn't. I.... Must get my Stevie G fix, it's been too long already
England squad wernt on the pitch to train so it could take place on wednesday possibly
Disgraceful scenes after the England v Serbia U21 match. After a late winner, Serbia fans and players racially abuse Danny Rose. He reacts by kicking the ball to the stands, gets red carded, and all hell breaks loose.

Some fans come to pitch joined by Serbian players and coaches, and they punch and kick anyone with an England badge. This isn't the first time this has happened. I know those fans, players, coaches don't speak for all Serbians but still I feel they should be banned from international football until they can sort themselves out
Filip90 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah, all players and even coaches(!) wanted to beat up all English players, wow.... ! They just chased english players around and tried to punch them, yeah right. Half of them tried to stop the fight, and separate both sides. I agree what fans did was stupid, and they deserve some kind of punishment, but you can't know what exactly happend after the goal and who started the fight, and you can't just say that all Serbian players are bad guys (and racists), and all English player are good (and innocent)
Did you read exactly what I wrote?

You know the part where I said "I know those fans, players, coaches 'don't' speak for all Serbians.... "

I never said all Serbians are racist.

This has happened time and time again. So that is why I think Serbia should be banned until the Serbian football body can control the issue, then you guys can be allowed to play internationally again.

Edit: ah you edited it out
Tobby17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lol.... I figured Filip90's Serbian!      But still, they couldn't all possibly be bad and racists? , I hope not
I never said all players and coaches, I know some players were trying to protect the England players, but you can't excuse what happened, and what has been consistently happening, especially from the fans.

I know what you mean BlackAna
I am not choosing any sides here, I am not saying one country as a whole is good and another is bad. What I said is what I saw after the match.

Some players and coaches were involved, that is what I saw. The cameras were showing that, there were some Serbian players protecting the England players, while some were fighting the England players.

Nobody knows as of yet who started what, but from what was shown the majority of the people doing the kicking and punching were from the Serbian side, while the people trying to run away were from England.

This is what was shown on the cameras, and what was said on commentary so that is the view I got.

I am sorry if you feel offended, but I didn't mean for my comment to come off as 'all Serbians are racist'.

Tobby17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ok, time to pack my bags, I'm moving to serbia...
@BlackAna
I'm not offended, I'm annoyed because these things still happen (and especially in Serbia, we are small, undeveloped country, and now we are sending bad picture about ourselves to the world). Did anyone remember when some Liverpool fans racially abused player from Brighton (maybe I'm wrong, maybe it wasn't Brighton)? Should FA ban us (I mean Liverpool) from league cup? Not all fans and players are racists. The problem is that, here (in Serbia), there's no strict punishments for what fans (well, these are not fans, they are hooligans) do. England did excellent job how they fought hooligans in the 80`s. I wish we can do the same thing
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Were any players hurt during all of this?
The difference with the Liverpool case was that, there was an investigation by us to see if the allegations were true (they were later proved false and the case dropped), and there were punishments by us for our fan's behavior (like getting a life ban), so we are able to control it, but like you said that isn't the case in Serbia.

I just fear that if the Serbian football organization don't get strict punishment from UEFA then it will continue to happen.

I edited the first paragraph so it can be understood better
I'm was not talking about punishments from uefa. I was talking about punishments from our domestic FA to our clubs in domestic league. The fans are not racists, but they have "hooligan behavior" (I don't know how to write it properly)...
YoloToure (Liverpool) 4 years ago
BlackAna's saying that until Serbian FA DOES prove that they are cracking down on hooligan/racist behaviour they should not be allowed to participate in international tournaments as they have continually shown that they do not provide a safe environment for visiting fans and players.

I don't know if that's the solution, but it might be, and it's a valid argument, imo
^
Georgio (Bayern München) 4 years ago
Ahhhhhh! LOUD noises!!  
Disgraceful scenes after Eng v Serb U21s today. Hope Serbia receive just punishment
What happened?    Edit: NVM    Post above
Liquidator (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Footy4Torres (Liverpool) 4 years ago
International breaks are quiet boring, specially when it is qualifiers like these, no competition what so ever its just weak teams getting busted by super teams
At-least the TRUE captain fantastic will be playing in the game against Poland today
Teja7 4 years ago
After Gerrard, it's gonna' be Hart. Or at least someone that has a longer career.
Rooney doesn't have a leader's qualities in the first place.

I'd much rather see a young and long term Captain after Stevie G
Footy4Torres (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Trueee, rooney's really arrogant for that and times he does stupid stuff when he misses or gets decision againts him which is not a captain's mentality...
I hope it's Hart, not Rooney. Hart has such character and ya, will be the England keeper for a long time coming
Rooney.... Captain.... It just doesn't sound right saying those words in the same sentence!
XXEAXx (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Don't know if you've all seen this, but Mick is such a playa!

Edit: Saw this one too and thought I might add it as well:

KevMo (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I could see him playing Bond in that first video
XXEAXx (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah! Its hardly possible for a football manager to be THAT suave so McCarthy gets my vote for the next Bond! Lol
Sterling not playing for U-21s as he's "suffered a slight leg injury", they say!

Doesn't, sound too bad.... But, you gotta' be kidding me...
PC2572 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Might be Liverpool trying to protect him.... All teams do it...
Ya he came on for the last 10 min.... Not sure what the commentators were on about then
Also Sturridge looking for Jan exit from Chelsea
Unrelated to LFC but besides the torrential downpour of requests for being liverpool links this forum dies over international break and these are gold:

Famous Ibrahimovic Quotes

When asked what he got his wife for her birthday – “”Nothing, she already has Zlatan. ”

When asked “Who is the best looking woman in the world? ” – “I don’t know, but when I find her I
Will date her. ”

In response to Arsene Wenger asking him to play a trial game before signing for Arsenal – “Zlatan doesn’t do auditions. ”

A female reporter joked that Zlatan was gay due to a photo of him hugging Pique. He replied – “Come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister. ”
Teja7 4 years ago
That third quote where he refers to himself in third-person just cracked me up! LMAO
I can just imagine that huge-ass gorilla saying that like a barbarian.
Georgio (Bayern München) 4 years ago
The last one.... Wow lmao
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Jordan Henderson clearly exhibits great technical ability. Needs this season to bulk up, work on creativity, and get faster.... He could easily be a very good footballer imo
Sfc9576 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He needs confidence
JohnR1 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Being liverpool links anyone please? On my lunch, time's tickin away
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It seems that Andy Carroll bashing isn't reserved just for Internet forum folk:

"My grandson Mateo moves better on the pitch than Andy Carroll. He has better co-ordination. He is very good at golf and tennis." - former Poland international Zbigniew Boniek.

Link: www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8168294/...

His grandson is eight by the way....Lol.

Poor Andy though. He tries his best, has more talent than he's given credit for but he's still a laughing stock....

....Also, who the heck is Zbigniew Boniek?
Fabby (Arsenal) 4 years ago
^ Former football player?
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lol. Yes I guessed that from "former Poland international"....    And the question was more rhetorical than anything else.
HaRdCoReMaN (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Google dude google!
Edit: Boniek was named by Pelé as one of the 125 Greatest Living Footballers and by FIFA as one of the 100 best-ever players.
With Juventus he won the Cup Winners' Cup and the European Super Cup in 1984 (scoring in the final of the former) and the European Cup in 1985
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Talking about his movement......    
FootyNotSoccer (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well, it's not like the guy was lieing, Caroll movement is terrible for a ST. At least now at westham he is in his comfort zone where the ball is aimed directly to him, so he doesn't have to move or find space. I wish him all the best at westham.... Oh and just stay there!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football