Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Filip90 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
   Guess who's #1 :D
Teja7 3 years ago
It's expected. No way ANY other match will top the 2005 Champions League match. The magnitude of such a Competition and especially being the underdogs going in against a powerhouse AC Milan and still winning after being 3 goals down will always remain in history as the Greatest match ever.

Unless, someday down the line in a champions league Final a team is down 4 goals and make a comeback to win. Or a team wins after being 3-0 down in a World Cup final.... Those kinds of matches might never happen.

But until then;
Liverpool FC : Impossible Is Nothing
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Found this while browsing Tumblr. Don't know if it's true or made up. Thought I'll just share here

"I read the other day a story about two Liverpool supporters from Spain, dad (40) and son (8). Dad born in England, son in Madrid. Dad travel with his son some times in the season from Madrid to Liverpool in order to see a match of the reds. Returning from seeing Liverpool-Spurs match (1-1 with that Torres’ header in the injury time) son told to his father: “Daddy! I think I just seen Torres here in the airport! He was wearing a baseball cap!”. Dad told him: “You must be confused… Torres wouldn’t fly with EasyJet”. On the plane, when everybody was sit already, the son told him: “Dad! Watch there! Is Torres with the baseball cap, he is two seats in front of us! Tell him that sign my shirt please!”. Torres was sleeping, so despite son and dad’s surprise from seeing him, he told him: “He is sleeping, he must be very tired, I can’t wake up him!” (Torres was previous night in the opening party of Carra’s restaurant and now he was flying to Spain in order to go with the national team).
After Torres woke up, dad went to him and told to Fernando: “Hello Fernando, sorry for disturbing you. We are living in Madrid right now and we are Liverpool supporters. Could you sign us some posters?”. Torres was talking with both of them and signed the posters: “Torres 9, All the best”.So, the boy said in spaninsh “Gracias”. Torres surprised said: “Ah! So you are spanish!”. In the second signing he wrote: “Con cariño, Torres”.
After that, dad asked Fernando to take a photo with his son but they were in the plane so they couldn’t do it. Torres told them: “When we land, we’ll take it. I am in a hurry because national team car is waiting for me but I promise you that we’ll take that photo”. But there was a problem, a big problem. Torres hadn’t made the check in and they had made it, so they would have to take differente paths. They explained to Fernando that they can’t take the photo because they had to go for the suitcase where was the cam. Fernando told them: “… don’t worry, I’ll wait for you”.

After landing, dad and son went running for the suitcases but they didn’t appear, there was a problem with the transfer from the plane to the airport. After 15 minutes waiting, they had them. But dad knew it and told his son: “You have to understand it, after 20 minutes Fernando won’t be waiting to take a pic… he was in a hurry and national team cars are waiting for him”. Despite that, dad and son went running to the place where they agreed the meeting… and Torres alongside a Mercedes-Benz from the spanish federation, talking by phone, was there waiting to take that pic.Not many players wait 20 minutes for a supporter boy that ask you for a photo…"

Here's the original link with that picture.

Link: nara9torres.tumblr.com/post/32399798865/i-read-the...
Messuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't buy it, thumbs up for the idea of it though
Sfc9576 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Why are stories like this always in derpy english? It's like.... A rule of internet forklore for the english to be goofy/bad.

I guess it could be a poor translation
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 years ago
^^^^^^^^^^    Everyone needs to watch the Being Liverpool Parody by the Redmen TV. The beginning is just.... Out of this world lmao
Lvbittalost (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Watched it earlier it was very funny
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Yeah, very funny...
Godspeedysick (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
Apologies if you guys already posted this:

England risks losing out on Raheem Sterling as Jamaica makes late bid
Goal.comBy Hayden Gribble | Goal.com – Wed, Oct 31, 2012 6:55 AM EDT

Email

Related Content

England risks losing out on Raheem Sterling as Jamaica makes late bidView Photo

England risks losing out on Raheem Sterling as Jamaica makes late bid

AdChoices

England is facing a tug-of-war battle with Jamaica to secure the international future of Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling.

The 17-year-old represented Stuart Pearce's England Under-21 side earlier this year and was an unused substitute during the Three Lions' World Cup 2014 qualifying clash against Ukraine earlier this month.

However, the former QPR youngster remains eligible to represent the country of his birth and is willing to listen to the pitch Jamaican president Horace Burrell plans to make when he flies to England this week to discuss the youngster’s future.

“Based on the FIFA rules Raheem is still eligible for us. We think it is worthwhile to speak, ” Burrell told reporters.

The Football Association had looked set to secure the teenager’s future when he was called up by Roy Hodgson but Sterling is reportedly interested in representing the Reggae Boys having been born in Kingston where he spent the first five years of his life.

The winger’s mother has expressed her desire for her son to play for the country of his birth and Sterling will listen to Burrell’s pitch, leaving the FA sweating on his decision.

Sterling has made an impressive start to his Premier League career and has thrived under new Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers, scoring his first senior goal against Reading a fortnight ago, becoming the Merseysiders' second youngest competitive goalscorer behind Michael Owen in the process.
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Choose Jamaica! Choose Jamaica!
BlackAna (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I think England would be better for him. Better training, better players around him, better possibility of winning something
NandoTorres9 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He has a tough decision, he can become the star of his national team or he can play for Jamaica
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 years ago
If he wants more regular time better join Jamaica. It's not like England are gonna' win the World cup or Euros in the next 20 years
YoloToure (Liverpool) 3 years ago
LOL nando
Filip90 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@BlackAna "better possibility of winning something", hahahahahahaha ;D
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Another huge match coming up with Newcastle I hope we can get all three points, Anfield needs to become a fortress again. Our home form is so crucial if we want any chance of being in the Champiiiioonnnnssss next year.

It would have been nice to only be back a point instead of three but what the f**k can you do? I wonder how much that atrocious decision hurt our momentum, I remember back in 08/9 all the late goals and winners we scored, always gives the club a boost. Wasn't meant to be and Liverpool fans really aren't the type to bitch and moan about s**t like that. We just get on with it, because in the end, f**k it, all we can do is look forward, and we are conditioned to shiste calls from referees

These three points are key, we have to win. We can do it, it will be a tough match but I think we have it in us. Hopefully Suarez gets some support so he isn't carrying us in terms of goal scoring. Stevie likes to score against Newcastle. If he gets on the score sheet, I think we will most certainly win.

Dagger and Teenage Mutant Ninja Srktel will have to be on lock down and in good form.

Does anyone know if Reina will be playing?

Ynwa
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Not sure about Pepe. When BR was asked why he was only on the bench last week he said it was only because he wasn't fully fit. I imagine that won't be an issue now so if he's left out again it must be form related. It'll be interesting either way
Williams to sing song for 96--

Robbie Williams is one of a host of stars set to contribute to a Hillsborough charity single which is aiming to be Christmas No. 1

The former Take That singer - winner of 17 Brit awards - will work on the cover of The Hollies' classic He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother.

Produced by Guy Chambers, the song will also feature Paloma Faith, Mel see, Shane MacGowan, Mick Jones (The Clash), Peter Hooton (The Farm), Pete Wylie (The Justice Tonight Band), Richard Hawley, Chris Sharrock (Oasis), Ren Harvieu, Dave McCabe (The Zutons), Paul Heaton (Beautiful South), Hollie Cook, Jon McClure (Reverend & The Makers), John Power (Cast), Beverley Knight and Gerry Marsden (Gerry and the Pacemakers).

Further names are set to be added to this list ahead of the song's release on December 17. All artists involved are giving their time for free, and all proceeds from the sale of the single will go towards the Hillsborough families' legal costs in their fight for justice.

Chambers said: "I am deeply honoured to be asked to produce this record for the 96. "

"If we can help to raise money to support the families' legal battle so that they finally get their time in court then our job will be done. "

"I spent my teenage years in Liverpool and feel a deep affection for both its musical heritage and the unique solidarity of its people. "

Dalglish added: "The families of the 96 should never have been in the position they are now in, of having to fight to get the accidental verdicts from the 1989 inquests overturned. "

Let's make sure it get's to No. 1 kopites! I have a deep deep respect for all the families and people who keep fighting for the justice. Just clearly shows what the City of Liverpool and it's people are. Passionate, hard working, willing to help others. I love this club and City so much, YNWA
Niru 3 years ago
If you can buy either Torres for 20m or Sturridge for 25-30m who would you choose?
Teja7 3 years ago
That's a tough one.
In the scenario that both are up for sale, and we can only get Sturridge for 25m OR get Torres back for 20m.
I would still choose Sturridge.
No matter how much love I have for Torres, I would pay the 5m more to land Sturridge's services.

But if only Torres was available for 20m and Sturridge is off limits then I'd love to have Torres back
Niru 3 years ago
But we won't sell for 25.... 27. 5- 29.... On the higher side.... Would you guys pay?
Sturridge isn't worth £2. 5m let alone £25m. Rubbish ball greedy player.    So I'd have to go for Torres.
Teja7 3 years ago
Nah, even 25 is too much for him. So anything higher than 25 I would say "hell NO"
I would look elsewhere. At most, realistically, right now, Torres is worth 15m and Sturrigde is 20m [and that's only because he's 22 years old still]
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't take this as an insult to chelsea, but we need to go striker shopping and I don't think chelsea is the place we will be doing it.... We want young, promising, and affordable
Kraken07 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I would choose torres. No way I want sturridge, he is so selfish and is not a team player and he is absolutely not worth more than 10-15mil
For 20mill?

Sturridge is a no brainer.

I really won't care about his selfishness or temperament if he scores regularly. Torres is wilting and isn't worth 20mill at the age of 28. Sturridge is only 23, and is better than Downing who we paid 20 mill for so yea, much smarter choice for me.

.... Wait you said Sturridge for 25-30mill. LOL, you can keep both thank you very much.

I would rather use that extra 5 mill, go to Moscow and get Doumbia
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Torres
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 years ago
None
Glikus (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I fancy Hooper for around 7M    Don't think ze zill have 20-30m to spend
Lucas Leiva injury latest--

Liverpool hope to have Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva back in action by the end of the month, Brendan Rodgers has revealed.

Lucas has sat out injured since early in the season after having to undergo an operation on a cruciate knee ligament.

Now Rodgers is hopeful he will have his key midfielder back for the festive period of fixtures.

“Lucas has been out on the field in the last week or so which is great, ” Rodgers told the Liverpool Daily Post.

“He’s not doing multi-directional movements yet but he’s doing a lot of straight-line running and endurance work. "

“I’m anticipating maybe another three weeks but his professionalism is great and he’ll get back probably sooner than is anticipated. ”

Source: TIA

f*****g fantastic news! Our defence clearly is not the same when Lucas isn't playing. Only thing I'm concerned with is that he's rushed back to quick into it. We need to keep him fit! YNWA Lucas
Teja7 3 years ago
WE JUST MADE THE signing OF THE season!  OUR TOP4 hopes HAVE BEEN saved! I LOVE YOU lucas! Please COME TO liverpool!
Lucas needs to sign a LIFE LONG contract.... Is that allowed? Cause he should get on that soon
Niru 3 years ago
If you can only keep one player between Suso and Sterling, who would you pick?

ITO (In Teja's opinion ) most of you would say Sterling...
Teja7 3 years ago
Sterling
Teja7 3 years ago
Suso
Sterling's already better and he's younger
That is tough. Right now Sterling is better at his position because he has pace, so it is easier for him to make an impact even at his young age.

But Suso, just from watching his growth in the reserves and how he plays for Spain I believe Suso will end up being better than Sterling in my opinion. He doesn't have pace to exploit but that will be to his advantage because he will be forced to develop his tactical skills early, and once those fully grow I expect a Xavi/ David Silva like player. His close control and dribbling are probably the 2nd best we have in the team already so he is already set technically.

I will say Suso because of the above, and I am not yet convinced on how far Sterling will grow, he may end up being a Lennon/SWP, a Walcott, or a John Barnes but I am certain Suso will be very good
Teja7 3 years ago
Liverpool out of League Cup?    Well, goodbye to Europe for next year
ColonelBX (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Oh c'mon you guys aren't that bad -_-"    I'm telling you guys.... You guys will be at least in 6th place
Would winning FA cup swing it?
Teja7 3 years ago
I'm basing it off of last year. We got a Europa berth because of Carling Cup win, we didn't win the FA Cup.

I know, I know, my pessimism is killing everyone
PaRa (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I said it before the season started that we will finish 8-12 place. So far that's where we're headed. Also, I expect nothing from the team this season given the players we have
Rodgers on Joe Cole

Rodgers' assessment was damning, leaving Cole under no uncertain terms as to his manager's feelings. "I can't keep playing Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez while Joe Allen was virtually playing on his own in midfield, " he said. "Joe Cole had an opportunity, the club has invested a astronomical sum of money on a talented player and he has to seize his opportunities.

"It was too slow, it just was not what I would expect from a team I had set up to be dynamic so I think it was a difficult night for him. " It is likely to be his last in a Liverpool shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------

Finally found a positive from last night. That being, I think last night was the last time we'll be seeing Joe Cole in a Liverpool shirt
Aliko (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Need to sell him.... So high wages and no good performance sine he weared the lfc shirt! It's disappointing that such a player who had great talent is not that good enough anymore
Teja7 3 years ago
Go to hell J. Cole
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Should have offloaded him at Lille while we had the chance...
Did we have the chance? They wanted him?
I completely trust in Rodgers.... Cole has been such a great disappointment. What really sinks it in is the amount of damn money he is getting to contribute f**k all!
I think you guys know there is a rumor that you guys are trying to sigh Heung Min Son from Hamburg for your striker crisis.

I found out another news, and it makes me happy if its a true news, although it is not a striker. Feel free to translate from Russian to English You guys will love him in your midfield, trust me, and the 4-2-3-1 formation would also go well with him!

Link: tden.ru/articles/show/25756
Some errors, but thank you Google Translate.

------------------------------------------------

Cska received a formal proposal from the English "Liverpool" to sell Honda

One of the leaders CSKA Moscow 26-year-old midfielder Keisuke Honda was in the sphere of interests of one of the most renowned clubs in Europe - "Liverpool". Manual English club intends to strengthen the position of central midfielder during the winter transfer window and seriously ready to fork out for strengthening the team.
- It's no secret that Honda in the past two years, attracting attention from European clubs senior championships - said "TD" in the leadership of CSKA. - Every now and then there is information about interest in the midfielder from British "Tottenham" and "Manchester United", Italian "Milan", "Juventus" and "Lazio". Now "Liverpool" will try to convince the boss to sell CSKA Japanese team leader.

Interest
Honda itself has repeatedly said that he would like to try your hand at one of the leading English clubs. The Japanese believe that is ripe for the transition, but it is very serious about the choice of the future of the club. In particular, at a time when "Lazio" showed interest in Keisuke, he openly declared that he was prepared to consider options for the departure, but the transition to the Roman club is not part of his plans.

Managers of Liverpool club Honda not only impressed with their playability, but also interested in a promotional point of view. At home in Japan midfielder soccer is the favorite sport, and he Keisuke considered the most popular player in the country. Given this fact, the marketing service of "Liverpool" well aware of how big the market could open up for the team in case of arrival of Honda. Attracting strong Asian players already yielded considerable profit "Manchester United", for which a long time played a Korean Park Ji-Sung, and with the season and was replaced by the main Japanese soccer talent Shinji Kagawa.

--------------------------------------------------

Also, both would be great players. I think Min Son has 5 goals through 9 games for Hamburg and he's maybe 20 years old? Honda a bit older at 26 but with much more experience. Also, isn't Honda more of a CAM and not a striker? Not sure, I don't follow CSKA so I was just wondering and we kinda need a striker more than anything. Though a playmaker wouldn't be bad either...
Honda is a CAM yes, but he can play CF too, along with LM, RM, and CM

He'll take off the heavy luggage from Suarez's back and will start assisting and scoring!

If this can make you happy since you prob. Don't follow CSKA nor Japan National team, but he plays in CAM instead of Kagawa. Furthermore we can cope without Kagawa but we can't play without Honda. That's how good of a player he is
Teja7 3 years ago
Even if he [Honda] is 26, I think he fits into our 'buy young with future positive resale value' policy well.

I think FSG should really take a good look at him and go after him. Even if he does cost a few more millions than he is worth, the sales in Japan alone would cover for it instantly and that's a key important aspect for us. Kick out J. Cole and transfer his wage to a new player we might acquire ie. Honda, Min Son, Walcott, Schurrle etc....

FSG already fcuked up with Clint Dempsey who were butthurt about spending a few extra millions to beat out Tottenham. They could have easily earned back that money in jersey sales alone in the US. Hell, I would have bought one. The apologies are meaningless when they spent 100m on a baseball player(s) 2 weeks later.

Like Colonel mentioned, Honda can almost play any position in MID or ATT. He's so versatile and would fit into our playing style with ease, especially since our CF and Wingers tend to switch positions during matches. Honda has a mean Freekick, his deadball skills are amazing and since our only options for a 30-35 yard freekicks are Gerrard and Suarez, I think it would be wise to invest in a player with good deadball skills. Honda is deadly with set-pieces.

Honestly we need about 4 players [or more] in this January window. 2 lethal strikers, a creative midfielder, and a RW.
We are going to struggle so much until January, I can just feel it.
Well if it goes all well for you guys, I'm expecting a january spree with players for the positions you mentioned.... (being a bit realistic too)

Creative midfielder: Honda
RW: Heung Min Son (You can count him as a striker, but he mainly is a winger), or Remy?
Strikers:
Okay I really can't come up with good ones due to your financial stuff....
Grant Holt? Rickie Lambert? Pablo Osvaldo? Fabio Quagiarella? Kevin Doyle? Bring back Carroll?
Teja7 3 years ago
Rodgers already said he won't bring back Carroll.

For Strikers I'd much rather go for Soldado and Seydou Doumbia
Or even Andre Schurrle and Keissling [Both from Bayer Leverkusen which is managed by SAMI hyypia]

It'd be a dream if we signed Honda along with any of the players I mentioned above.
Faceo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Jan transfers= doumbia + soldado + honda    Done and done
Rumours are swirling around that Liverpool might sign Drogba on loan. Hopefully they do, cause we are desperate for some goals
Teja7 3 years ago
100% Yes, 100% Unlikely
I doubt Drogba would join you guys, he seems like a character he is loyal to one club in each country. But yeah, if it happens what a great signing he'll be for you guys
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
After that "blue blood" comment I doubt it
Yeah, he loves Chelsea too much I would think. Great player though. Almost any XI would love to have him
On the side note, BR finally realized that J. Cole is utter s**t. I hope he gets rid of the clown in January ASAP
Yeah, really poor performance. I was expecting a lot more from him. He's really just fallen off a cliff though, hasn't he? Nothing like the Cole I remember at Chelsea
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I can't believe we were about to get him, cheers liverpool
Haha get outta' here =P

Kick4Life - changing lives through football