Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Alwaysared (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Link: www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/football-dai...

Apparently Sow has interest in coming to us and said his dream is to score in front of the Kop
Ping92 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Who doesn't dream of scoring in front of the kop?    
Hri100 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
He said simmilar things about Arsenal. The guy is looking for a club, so he is throwing compliments all over the place
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Boooo I like adidas style, LFC sells more merch than any other sports team except united RM and barca
2 years ago
Which reported forward target do you want Liverpool to sign in the January transfer window?
-Jermain Defoe
-Moussa Sow
-Wilfried Zaha
Out of the 3, I would choose Sow
2 years ago
Yeah I would pick Sow too!
KrsmA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sow all the way...
LTUKicker (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sow
I think all of them are mediocre. We need better players up front!  
2 years ago
Aw come on man.... We are not gone buy Messi or are we? So just accept the players we need not who we think is better!
@Hri100 Maybe they are all mediocre, but they are maybe the best that we can get.... People need to understand, that not playing the champions league will not attract best players and that's the awful truth.... I am always laughing at comments like "bring Cavani and Messi, and Hamsik, or Pato".... Get real...
If I had to choose than it will be Zaha. But I still think we can do better!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
You can Zaha (future) and one
Weezer (Liverpool) 2 years ago
D. Texira and Luuk De Jong
Yous792 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sow!
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Out of those Zaha! He's super young and and will get better while those others are not good enough and they're at their peak. Maybe Defoe
Spiceyman21 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Harry redknap has told the media that he is unwilling to sell defoe and crystal palace boss said the same thing about zaha. I don't really know much about sow but the reports looks quite promising. Luuk de jong looks quite good. Its amazing because suarez hasnt exactly been forgotten about but we definatly have a promising player to look forward too whether we buy or not.
Cloudst 2 years ago
I explained Sow yesterday    Guess ppl missed it
General position

__Spearing/Henderson__Adam/Shelvey________
_________________Gerrard__________________
Downing____________________________Maxi
_________________Bellamy__________________

Roles:
Henderson/Spearing - Keep the gap between our CBs and CDMs position as little as possible, alongside his partner Adam, so as to allow as little place for their cf/cam (target man/play maker) to create chances and get the ball.

Adam/Shelvey - Help Henderson with his role. Runs from deep sometimes to support the offense and plays a long ball forward should a good chance to do so arise. When attacking, player becomes available for Gerrard should Gerrard get closed down to keep possession.

Gerrard - Primary playmaker. Distributes balls to wings/forward. Becomes another stiker should Adam/Shelvey start the attack, to increase attacking options.

Downing - Cuts inside when supported by Johnson. Keeps reasonably close to Bellamy and Gerrard, so short balls can be played to them (vice-versa) so as to keep the ball easily. Johnson as a Wing back to add extra width.

Maxi - Same as Downing except Enrique instead of Johnson.

Bellamy - Keeps as forward as possible and while attacking, runs past defenders. This is to push their CBs back and give our playmakers more space. If on the attack from the middle, acts as a poacher.

Thoughts and opinions?
Downing cannot cut inside. It's not that he sucks but he is a much superior out and out winger. His crosses are extremely accurate and we should keep him that way in my opinion
Nikhil19 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Link: www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/carroll-we-can...

Carroll says that we can get in the top four
2 years ago
Well we aint getting s**t with him if you ask me!
Maybe he knows he is being replaced with a new striker
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would say TRY aurelio ON LEFT WING AND bellamy ON right WING ALSO gerrard JUST behind carroll, and that could unleash the monster quality of crosses that they can deliver no one else can do....
LFC made a £5M bid for Swansea's Scott Sinclair
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Ever since swansea first game this year in the premier league, I had my eye on sinclair, I like the way he plays, he might be a good addition to the team
Watched that kid play quite a few times.... He has got some classiness!
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Good! I hope that bid does the trick.... Cheap english talent.... Freaking finally
Yeah! I hope so too
False rumour, he already said he will not be leaving Swansea, maybe in summer...
2 years ago
Steven gerrard's admirers

Rafa:
'Whatever you ask him to do, you will get 100%. If he needs to play in goal he will do it. And there is more to come from him. He can be an even better player. '

Dalglish:
'He is probably the best player Liverpool ever produced'

Suarez:
'I only knew how good Gerrard is when I came here and trained with him. '

Zidane:
'There are few extra abilities in Gerrard which I've tried to learn but failed. '

Zidane:
'As a complete footballer Gerrard is better than Messi and Ronaldo'

Henry:
'He gives his 100% in every match'

Wenger:
'Usually any team worry about an opponent's striker but when Gerrard is in the field they worry about him even more'

Maradona:
'After the Istanbul magic he won my heart'

Pele:
'He is the only English player who has complete footballing abilities'

Ferguson:
'He is an inspiring leader for Liverpool'
Best of all and my favorite, fernando torres said he is f*****g better then his compatriot xavi....

Hehehahahhahahhaha....
Respect the captain
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Something important is happening on January 18 (apart from my birthday )

Some major internet sites are striking against the SOPA and PIPA censorship bills. If you don't know what these bills do then watch this video here:

Link: fightforthefuture.org/pipa

If these bills are passed this site and many others such as youtube etc would be purged.

Sites that are striking include reddit, Mozilla, Wikipedia, failblog and many others as shown here:

Link: www.sopastrike.com/

I hope this site also joins the strike to raise awareness. Thanks for reading
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Its the most retarded bill ever, I say every person that uses the internet should sign the petition

Pretty much any site that has copyright infringement, or ANY site that has links to those sites (footytube) or even ANY sites that have a mention of those sites that have links to those sites that have icopyright infringement will be completely shut down by the government.... Shortest way to put it.... The govt will f**k you in your virtual a**
ElNinoComeBack (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Why does everyone hate on Downing?
Perhaps we over payed for him but, he has been good so far. He is dangerous going forward, he is always looking to score, he puts in nice crosses(Carroll can't hit them unless the ball hits him on the forehead), and his work ethic is incredible.

BTW I think some people hear don't know what a good cross is so let me explain. A good cross is a cross the flashes near the danger area(the six yard box). The striker has to attack the cross and force the keeper to make a save or score. A good crosser puts the ball near the danger area on the ground or in the AIR. The problem for us is no one can attack the cross and score
Spiceyman21 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Andy carroll'i just need better service' we payed 35mill on someone to rely on someone else to gift them goals!
Shut up carroll, you just need to work out where the f**k you are on the pitch and where you need to be. You just need to stop spending so much time down the pub.

Ok has a brain. His brain wil point out that we need striker. Ok WILL BUY A striker.

I'm a supporter of downing. On the left side with enrique it looks solid. Henderson and even adam are good players. They make excellent forward plays but they just can't score.
FootyNotSoccer (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Good cross isn't something that simply flash accross the six yard box.... Hell any player can simply whip a ball in that general area. A good cross is one that finds the target man, one that either dip right on to the head of the inteded target, or curl around the defender, the goalie, and find ONLY the target man. If you don't find your target, then there is no point in just flashing the ball in the area only for the defender to head it away to safety.... And downing cross has rarely find his target.
Yes, making a cross work takes two, the crosser, and the target man, and lately we have yet to find two who can make it work. But don't think just because the ball "flashes" in the general six yard box, makes it a good delivery, if you don't find your target, your just giving away possession
Well I'm sure all of you remember me crying like a little girl with joy when I heard Downing was coming our way. And guys let me just say. This is not him at his best. Downing has more quality in his locker then he has shown out there this season.

What is bugging me is his inconsistency. He is well known for having a solid run of form all season. But so far he is great one game then bad the next and so on and so on. Plus a recent thing witch bugs me just as anyone else is when he breaks away then decides to turn around rather than try to beat his man. Now theres only 2 explanations to this. 1 he has lost his confidence due to the fact we are not scoring. Or 2 Kenny has given him strict orders to keep possesion rather then go all guns blazing on a counter attack.

Either way in his defence. He is the only man aside from bellars that shows any pace and or urgency to initiate an attaack he gets the ball and the first thing he does is make his way up the pitch. So far him and Gerrard have been perfect for eachother like I imagined in the passed 3 games theyve played Downing set up Gerrard with 4 opportunities to score all gerrard had to do was put it in the net. Unfortunatly 3 saves and a miss were the outcome (going off memory but I'm 98% sure I'm right lol). His passing is accurate and he dosent lose the ball up the pitch. His work rate is that of Kuyts. Not as good a tackler but he sure works hard to get the ball back and keep it.

Man oh man.... The one thing he needs are scorer points. I've lost count of the opportunities he has created. He usually has 1 or two shots ON target a game or he hits the woodwork.... What is it the 4th or 5th so far.... Its not the individual relly. Once the team starts getting a tad bit of luck come their way everybody will look better out there.... Even Carroll
Good crosses are not that just flashes around around danger area.... I m sorry but that is not what always works, good crosses are the crosses with perfect width and height also pace is required.... And good crosses are what aurelio and gerrard can deliver.... And when gerrard returned you would have seen how deep crosses where and that clearly tracked carroll perfectly....

Plus m not at all surprised why downing isn't delivering those crosses and when he was being brought to liverpool his stats suggested he had delivered most numbers of crosses.... Biggest loop hole lies in kenny's tactics why playing downing on right and bellamy on left, the only benefit with that technique is that they can cut down the players and can shoot with some range otherwise they can never ever deliver perfect crosses.... And downing has always been crossing with his right foot and bellamy with left foot, plus fullback johnson and enrique are too much of a player who can maintain possession rather then crossing the long balls in.... So with all these strategies m not at all surprised why carroll is struggling and feels isolated.... So weakness is not carroll weakness, it is our formation in which players can't use fullest of their natural aggression....

So I just want kenny to make these changes(I clearly don't want him to get sacked)....

Edit:- I follow manchester united and liverpool closely, and if you are doing that you would have observed how many goal have manchester united scored just by delivering pinpoint crosses and even if sometimes rooney or any other damn striker doesn't get perfect header yet ball goes past keeper at the back of the net, THAT IS perfect definition OF quality crosses FOR ME.
2 years ago
Ow come on guys Keep it short! Its not every body who can read that much!
KD888 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
To be very frank.... To me downing is f.... Kin awesome in all the games.... He just needs to play rw-right winger.... HE'S a little shy in personality.... Give him some time to gel with the players...
Montpellieraine (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I agree with ElNiño and Georgio.... Even though I don't think Downing has merited much of the criticism he's received this season, he isn't performing to the best of his ability. I think he has great pace and work ethic. There are some things in the team that should be rectified, but we also do need a little bit of luck, which has so far eluded us for much of the season
A week without liverpool or bayern playing noooooooooooo!!
Cloudst 2 years ago
*pats Georgio on the back"    It'll come back soon
I have something similar to the spank bank (if you're familiar with that term) but it's for soccer. I close my eyes and replay old Liverpool matches in my mind.

Never quite as good as the real thing but it helps me manage during a dry spell
Hahahahahha will do mate....

*closes eyes* "mmm oh.... Uh um.... s**t.... Crap.... Yes.... Oh.... C'mon.... 4 minutes of stopage time.... Oh OH gerrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!"

Lmao.... It works
Lol np,
Btw I'm gonna' use that commentary you gave me for my own Liverpool dry spell. Hope that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.... :s
Go for it bro
Why am I hearing so many people talking about Pato.... He's fantastic, but has he been linked with us?
No and report says he rejected talks with PSG
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Its all fantasy
Rejected PSG because he wants to come to LFC
We just want to excite ourselves
Don't think so
Milito22 (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Why are downing, carroll, henderson always starting? And you people wonder why you're in 7th place
YNWAreds (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Piss off mate, go back to your overrated shitty half of milan and worry about becoming the better team in your city
Carroll because suarez is banned.

Downing well he was signed for that purpose.

And henderson, lucas and gerrard being injured what would you expect....

But the biggest question should be why not playing bellamy why always using him as a sub.... I would rather play him 1st 60 mins so that we can score early and then hang on the lead.... He is 32 so I know kenny is too cautious with him but still we have to take best of him....
I think you are lost. Go down and find Inter in 2nd to last on the popular team list
We need milito I guess  
Mojito?  LOLx
Jointheazkals (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Jointheazkals (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Interestin to see if Carroll still remains a Liverpool player after the transfer window...
How dumb are Villa for making that offer
And how dumber are we not taking that offer

Bent is not a 1st choice striker, but he is a way better option than Carroll;
Sow-no
Llorente-ok
Soldado-yes
Huguain-yes
Bent-no
Texiera- yes. Nice young talent. Not starter quality yet
Gomez-yes
Defoe- HELL NO
Pato- HELL YA!
Podolski-yes
Lewandowski-yes

Sow-i don't know
Llorente-no
Soldado-yes
Huguain-yes
Bent-no
Texiera-he will be a nice addition to the team
Gomez-yes but we won't get him
Defoe-no
Pato-i would go crazy if we get him
Podolski-yes
Lewandowski-not sure
Doumbia-yes but has africa cup
Remy-yes
Cavani-BIG YES but too expensive
Cloudst 2 years ago
You guys don't rate Giroud that much do you
Cloud, I do. I think he's fantastic. But MHSC is my second favorite club after LFC, so perhaps I'm biased
I don't know much about Giroud, but after looking at his stats and some of his goals he does not look like the right man
Cloudst 2 years ago
Montpel

I can understand your case you don't want to lose one of your best players btw greetings from a Lyon fan

You guys did very well in beating us last game congrats on that Belhanda, Giroud and your team in general has been magnificent this year good job
You guys just said NO to about all the realistic transfer rumours except Texeira  But I agree
Podolski and huguain!
Carlos tevez    Texeira    Done...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football