Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Tomedis (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Liverpool: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt. Subs: Doni, Coates, Carroll, Eccleston, Sterling, Shelvey, Aurelio
Tomedis (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Wow eccleston and sterling are on the bench
Sowee1 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
They need to get at least 10 mins
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Come on Sterling.... If he gets a few minutes he needs to try and prove himself!
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Sterling is on the bench
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Sterling! Really hope he comes on.    What does coates has to do to get a game? Score a flying acrobatic goal?!
I really wanted to see Coates start.... I love Jamie to death.... But Coates needs these kind of games!
Tobby17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@ Gerrard4ever, he has to score 2.... Lmao!
Hri100 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
You have to admire the dull atmosphere at the Bridge! A couple of songs.... Shouting randomly.... And pretty silent
It's so quiet at the bridge, it's so quiet at the bridge!
LFCnumberONE (Liverpool) 3 years ago
How much longer to the game?
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
1 hour 6 minutes! You're welcome
LFCnumberONE (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Thanks!
[account-removed] 3 years ago
This comment has been removed.
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
My 10-year old little brother is at least twice as mature as you...
This comment has been removed.
Soundtrack76 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Who cares?
Oh look who it is.... Get out before you start pissing of people mr pig man, oops I meant "policeman" cough cough splutter*
I'm guessing by the 2 in your (real life description of yourself) username that your trolling account *stinkybuttface* got banned. Not long now.... Do something. Positive read a book, help an old person cross the road. Save a
Cat out off a tree. You really have nothing better to do then to annoy and decrease the intelligence of people who read your trash?

I'd hate to imagine how people think of you in real life. Judging on your behavior online you must the loneliest person alive. Good luck with that
Ehhhh what do ya know? Another arse troll. Man you buggers multiple quickly, stop having kids
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 3 years ago
I don't think he's old enough to know how to have kids mate
LesRouges (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Are we Ready!
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I'll ask Kenny
----------------------------Reina-------------------------
----------------Skertl-----------------Coates-------------
Flano----------------------------------------------Enrique
----------------Gerard-----------Spearing-----------------
Hendo----------------------------------------------Downing
--------------------Caroll------Suarez--------------------

I know that the king will without a doubt play cara ahead of flano in that right back position if kelly is out, but hey a man can dream . Expect the rest of the team to be preety close.
Wigan is a great football playing team, so we will have to chase the game in portins of the game. The key to winning this game will be patience. We will have to wait our time to punish them, and hopefully finish the chance we create, be more clinical
My friends have made my life real hell since last week.... !  Suckks
And why would that be? Your team is the only one who has won a cup so far this season
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Team news ahead of the clash with Wigan: -

For Liverpool - Martin Kelly (knock) should be fit despite having come off injured in Liverpool's last two matches. Charlie Adam (knee) is doubtful, pending a full assessment of the injury. Right-back Glen Johnson and forward Craig Bellamy (both knocks) are still out, Daniel Agger (ribs) is not yet ready, and Lucas Leiva (knee) is still out.

For Wigan - Hugo Rodallega (knee) is doubtful for this match, and David Jones (knee) and Mike Pollitt (shoulder) are out for this one.

Head to Head (past 10 games) - Liverpool 4 wins, Wigan 1, drawn 5.
Last match - Liverpool 0 drew Wigan 0 at DW Stadium, 21/12/2011

Prediction - Liverpool were great in the 70 odd minutes at Loftus Road.... And then, suddenly the most unexplainable collapse occurred. Hopefully Liverpool have learned a valuable lesson from that encounter with a relegation candidate as they host yet another one.

With champions league foorball hopes now pretty much dead, there is admittedly some pressure that has been taken off the Reds. However, that doesn't mean that they should be complacent with Wigan, who will be disappointed with a draw against West Brom last match, and are still in relegation. Having no Charlie Adam for this one could prove to be a bonus for Liverpool, but no Bellamy or Agger will prove to be a curse.

I think this'll be a tighter victory due to the excellence of Al-Habsi. 1-0 victory
Swayze69 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Just found out Yohan Cabaye only cost newcastle 4. 3m, we need to hire who's ever making the decisions there. You would have thought Damien Comolli.... Being french would have brought in a few of these players.

I think Jefferson Farfáns contract up the end of this season, we need a right winger.... I bet we don't get him
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I don't get why people like Farfan so much.... He is rated highly in FIFA as well.... Trust me I constantly watch the Bundesliga and for the past couple of years.... Farfan hasnt done s**t worth anything.

He's only had that one stint in the champions league last season and his form was great last year but that was his 15 minutes of fame tbh it surprised alot of people, and now he's back to his old self.

Farfan is one of those players that can speed down the flank like a bat out of hell then ruin everything he just ran all the way up the pitch for with a horrid cross of a shot into the stands. I rate Johnson or Kelly better right wingers lol
Like ohhh my gosh. Oh. M. G

Finally someone who doesn't rely on FIFA game stats and judges on real performance and real stats. Well done georgio
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Still better than downing I guess
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well I only watched him last season and he was good then, so I am basing it off that.

Georgio, your description of of farfan sounds similar to downing except its a horrid cross not a cross shot
In the town where I was born, Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his pride. They were a famous football team,
So we trailed to Anfield Road Singing songs of victory
There we saw the Holy Ground Of our hero, Bill Shankly.

We all live in a red and white Kop,
A red and white Kop, a red and white Kop.
We all live in a red and white Kop,
A red and white Kop, a red and white Kop.

Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Aquilani Liverpool contract confusion:

There is some confusion over Alberto Aquilani’s contract, as some sources say Milan will buy him outright from Liverpool if he faces Roma tomorrow.

The midfielder was signed on loan with a mandatory clause to buy out the player for €6m when he makes 25 appearances for the club.

Some sources in Italy suggest the 25th game will be on Saturday against his former teammates at Roma.

However, TMW have a different explanation that continues to leave the midfielder’s future in the balance.

“Even if he did play against Roma, Aquilani would not be 100 per cent a Milan player, ” insisted TMW director Michele Criscitiello.

“The contract with Liverpool is very precise, as every time Aquilani plays for Milan, it is worth either an entire game or half a game. "

“If he starts and comes off again five minutes later, it still counts as a full game. If he comes on from the bench, it will always count as half a game. "

“Therefore if we make the calculations on that basis then Aquilani has 21. 5 appearances for Milan and if he starts tomorrow it’ll be 22. 5 and not 25. "

“Aquilani has made 13 Serie A starts and four as a substitute, while in the Champions League he started five and was a substitute in one match. In the Coppa Italia he started against Juventus, so that counts as one game. ”

Liverpool signed Aquilani for £18m from Roma in 2009, but spent last season on loan at Juventus. "
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Does it really matter? He is definitely gonna' be a milan player next season
Just sad that he doesn't want to play in england. He is the type of player we lack at our club. They type of player we will be looking to add to the squad, but not many players has his attributes.
It would be great for him if he got his contract at milan. It would be great for all of us, if he can fit into our team and somehow find the happiness and desire to stay as he could so help us to get to the next level and be that bit more accurate in our last pass which is going to help us scoring those invaluable goals
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 3 years ago
At any rate, it won't matter too much in the end because Aquaman's heart is in Italy. There will be no way that he'll want to return to Liverpool. Shame, he is a talented player and one of the better midfielder options to have, but it's no use having a midfielder in the side who is homesick or whatever
You guys are right.... Just hoping on my part :/ But if he has no desire for the club then he has to part ways with LFC

Edit: Just read that if he makes 25 appearances we get £6M for him
FootyNotSoccer (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well to be fair to the guy, no one since rafa wanted to give him a chance (roy loaned him to juventus, and then dalglish signed adam and hendo which bascially tells him he is not wanted here, on top of that after a good pre season he was still loaned), so I understand if he wants to return to italy, probably feels unwanted in england (and to a certain extent, that is true). I only regret that we should have argue for more than 6 mil, that seems low to me
Stats Preview: Liverpool vs Wigan--

Liverpool v Wigan
Premier League; Saturday, 24th March 2012 (3pm)

After the calamity of Loftus Road on Wednesday night, Liverpool return to Anfield and host another relegation threatened side in the shape of Wigan.

Kenny Dalglish will be looking for a reaction from his side as they host Roberto Martinez’s Latics.

Our friends at EA Sports Player Performance Index have some pre-match stats to share;

• Liverpool surrendered a two goal lead in their last Barclays Premier League game to lose 3-2 against QPR

• A wonder goal from Sebastian Coates and a close range effort from Dirk Kuyt seemed to have the red cruising before QPR’s late fightback

• Kuyt’s goal was just his second of the season in the league, coming from 36 efforts at goal with 58% on target

• Kuyt also covered the most ground for Liverpool with 6. 13 miles

• Coates has played just 326 minutes for Liverpool this season, making 23 interceptions, 3 blocks and 2 clearances

• Liverpool have put in more crosses than any other team in the EA sports Player Performance Index with 467

• However, Liverpool’s lack of finishing touch is personified in Stewart Downing, who has the joint second highest number of shots without a goal (54), and even talisman Steven Gerrard who has put in more crosses without being credited an assist than any other player with 42 crosses delivered

• Wigan remain second from bottom of the Premier League after missing numerous chances against West Brom in a relegation six pointer in their last league game

• James McArthur put Wigan ahead before conceding an equaliser shortly after

• McArthur also covered the most ground for Wigan with 4. 59 miles, the third time in four games he has done so

• Franco di Santo missed three good chances, while several inviting Jean Beausejour crosses went unconverted by Wigan’s strikers

• Di Santo has had four goals this season from 46 shots at goal with 61% on target

• Beausejour has put in 31 crosses this season, averaging one every 21 minutes 50 seconds, putting him in the top 6 in the EA sports Player Performance Index for minutes per cross

Source: TIA
If you kopites feel like avin' a laugh check out page 4 on the Jokes/Banter thread. Bunch of great pictures of our rivals....

Fat Frank.... Red Nose.... Divealdo.... Rat Boy.... I think you'll enjoy them
Link: pinterest.com/officiallfc/famous-celebrity-lfc-fan...    Check it out guys awesome :) and knda fun

Kick4Life - changing lives through football