Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
SaintLucas (Liverpool) 2 years ago
DIRK KUYT scores IN 90TH minute!!    LOL!
Khaimet (Liverpool) 2 years ago
LOLLoLoLL hahaha crazy!
Aparently penalties now because they're playing for a trophy. Kuyt and Suarez have been subbed off already so they won't play a part
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Did he hit the camera?
Violencia (Liverpool) 2 years ago
AND DIRK too! We kick ass all over the world
Ping92 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hell yea
He didn't want to look outdone by Suarez
Luis Suarez scores!    Golllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Suarez subbed off in 88th minute. Good game from him
Kuyt score lol!
And suarez scores!1
Ok so guys I believe that LFC will get at least 1 natural winger and a LB. Here are the ones that could most likely come who would you prefer?

Wingers
1. Mata
2. Downing
3. Adam Johnson
4. And Zogbia
5. Jeffren(from Baraca)- I guess he can be considered a winger, although I think he is more of a forward.

LBs

1. Baines
2. Izaguirre
3. Enrique
Mata would be awesome! But I think downing is more realistic. And baines as leftback
XXEAXx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Anyone of the top 3 wingers and i'd be ecstatic! Though I really do like N'Zogbia as well but those other 3 are just that little bit better for me.

Any one of those left backs would be good, though I don't know that much about Izaguirre, even though he's got numerous awards in his first season at Celtic. IT IS the Scottish league after all...
WildChild (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I hope you guys back off from Jose Enrique and let him come to Barca, where he belongs! We'll give you Jeffren for free! How's that for a deal?
Done!
Suares and kuyt are facing now in the uruguay-holland, suares is playing very well and already has a goal annulled
Mustakrakish696 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Suarez scores  
Footster (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I am curious what number jersey is Henderson gonna' get? I say dethrone Cole and give him 10.... And I think among us fans Jordan will be a better name than Henderson!
Lvbittalost (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would say if we get Mata to give him 10. Maybe 15 would be grand for Hendo, numbers not important really though
No, the number is important I think in liverpool the jersey number 10 must weigh and it has to be wore by an exelent player
What I mean is, the number isn't important, but the players ability. Of course certain numbers like 7, 9, 10 should be given to players wisely
Credit to Sirius.

This looks like a very good read to me:

Liverpool

What they need
Liverpool fans may disagree - they usually do - but they primarily need a left-back, cover at centre-half, at least one winger and a striker. They probably don't need three new central midfielders but we're not expecting that to stop the Dalglish/Comolli combination. Priority must be to build a left side - playing Glen Johnson out of position at left-back is not the long-term answer and Paul Konchesky is not the any-term answer. Whether Dalglish intends to play a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or more likely a 4-2-3-1, he is definitely missing genuine pace, width and delivery for the noggin of Andy Carroll. And back-up for when the noggin of Andy Carroll is unavailable.

Do they have any money?
Any club that can spend £35m on Carroll and £13m (plus David Ngog) on Jordan Henderson has got money. A transfer policy of 'young and British' is an expensive transfer policy for any club in 2011. They've spent a massive amount already (cue rabid postings about 'net spend' and how Kenny has actually only spent £4. 62) and there's clearly more to come. This is a very, very interesting summer to be a Liverpool fan - no European football means they're not shopping from the world-class shelf, but they appear to have an awful lot to splurge on promising Premier League players.

What's been said
"The better the business, the more successful the club is going to be. If you do good business, you've more chance of being successful. That just doesn't mean buying players and letting players go, it's about developing what else you have. This summer is going to be very important, not just for Liverpool Football Club, but every football club" - Kenny Dalglish.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool" - John W Henry.

What they will probably get
Jordan Henderson is on his way, Connor Wickham is likely to follow, and there are probably three or four more names (Scott Dann? Charlie Adam? Stewart Downing?) to add to that list. They will mostly be under the age of 26, they will mostly be British and they will mostly cost an awful lot of money. Attracting non-British players may prove a bigger problem and the likes of Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Jeffren Suarez will surely follow the Champions League trail. Those kind of signings may have to wait for another, brighter day - but that day will not be long in coming if Liverpool follow through with their plan to buy anything young, British and promising, whatever the price.
For all the writing I give you a thumbs up
Link: www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/suarez-gets-sh...

No surprise most fans are getting Suarez printed on their new away shirt

1. Suarez
2. Gerrard
3. Carroll
4. Kuyt
5. Carragher
6. Meireles
7. Reina
8. Lucas
9. Agger
10. Kelly
No: 11.... Konchesky
Go0bz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I want to see the bottom 3; I wonder how many "konchesky" shirts were purchased, or if they were ever even made.

Edit: damnit. Same joke, a minute apart. The only thing that bald momma's boy is good for
Jawn (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Bottom 3:

N'Gog
Poulsen
Konchesky

Whoever actually owns a Konchesky shirt in red must really feel embarrassed. Personally, I still don't even consider the idea of buying a Suarez or Carroll shirt; it's too soon. Despite his performances, I'm still a bit wary of Suarez. I don't wanna wear the shirt of a guy who's going to end up Mike Tyson'ing some poor kid months down the road; I don't expect him to but you never know lmao.

More about whats on the front of the kit anyway
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Whoever owns a konchesky shirt must have the rest of the squad already
Do you sit awake in your bed at night pondering what would happen if an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

If yes, I have some great news for you. You can find out the answer to that question in less than an hour, by watching Holland vs. Uruguay,

EL pistolero vs. Upper-kuyt, June 8, 2011, 20:30 GMT

An epic duel, coming soon to a computer/TV near you
Lol Epic. :)
Haha nice one man. They would probably just implode
Good one!
It's on now mates
Suarez scored at the end of the half but it was disallowed by mistake of the linesman. He was not off-side
Jawn (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Can anyone meebo me a stream if it's still going?
Sirius (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Link: football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_6971204,00.html...

I like how they sum up our needs like a left back and pacey wingers with good delivery , makes me look forward to the upcoming International Transfer Window :)
Well I am not sure about the Henderson deal, I am sure King Kenny and Commoli and Steven Clarke must have a plan for him. But 13 + NGog is a bit too much I suppose. It is obvious that we needed to offload NGog but for someone like Henderson I am not sure. I think only the 13 would have been a sweet deal but then the EPL player valuation has just gone all crazy these days. As long as the guy can do good with us the price won't hurt. Lets keep our fingers crossed and have full faith in King Kenny I would say, YNWA!
Let's think positive. He's young, playing U-21, already adapted to EPL, scored goals and he's English. It may be a big sum but there could be 5-8 years of quality with him.
And he's playing under King Kenny surely we'll get to see the best of him YNWA
Cloudst 2 years ago
I think that deal was the right amount imo considering how inflated prices are nowadays
We might turn around in a few years after we've won a few trophies with him and say "what a bargain he was!"
Cloudst 2 years ago
Exactly as long he performs to his abilities you guys can go far so yeah
Go0bz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think we made another english mistake, in the sense that their resale value will probably not be anywhere near the price we brought them for unless they perform like gods.

To put things in more perspective, two examples.

- city supposedly offered 20m for mata.

- aquilani didn't do much for our club, got loaned out and performed well, but still couldn't live up to his transfer fee, and we're going to lose out money.

It's not all bad news, though. Basically selling n'gog for 7m? LOL I f--king love you, kenny
Well I don't think Mata would want to play for city. But then again anything is possible. I somehow love the anticipation of transfer windows!
Anyone who has lfctv here is a video of Henderson at Melwood. I can't watch though I haven't got the funds for lfctv at the moment ha

Link: www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/video-henderso...
Just checked, sweet
Same here. I just saw his pic with Comolli at FB. He's wearing Liverpool gear
For non-subscribers:  
Hehe he's wearing Comolli tracksuit? I saw DC not a number.  Well he does look good.
Ynwa4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Thks mate for the link  
Link: www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/liverpool-star-...

Juventus had the option to sign Aquilani for £16.5 million when his loan spell finishes, but reports in Italy are suggesting that the Turin club were only willing to bid £12 million for his services. Indeed, Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta claimed that in the slim chance a deal can be arranged, it would not be for the price Liverpool are demanding.

12M.... Well it's better be more than 10M. I just hate this waiting game. Juve just can't honor the buy-out clause. Now if they only got 12M I say sell Aqua fast before they freaking make their mind not to buy him. I don't think there's a club willing to pay that much to be honest.
I hope this gets resolved soon so we can stop hearing about this crap
Got sick of hearing about it months ago haha
15. 49: And hot, hot, hot on the heels of that story comes news from our pals over at Sky Sports.com that, having lost out on Phil Jones, Liverpool are now interested in Scott Dann.

Now we are after Scott Dann after losing to United on Phil Jones, I'm sure he loves to play for Liverpool since he holds a season ticket previously But how good is he exactly? Any thoughts or videos?
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
As for as I know he is good enough for us. But not sure if he'll enough play time here at liverpool
Not sure Scott Dann is worth it, we already have Wilson and Kelly which are probably close to his skill level
Wilson is probably heading back to Rangers for a season long loan but I've never really seen Scott Dann play
I'm with StLucas, in fact we got Ayala too not sure if we needed him. Unless like Sirius said Wilson could be on loan to Rangers and that's why Liverpool want to get him? Anyway most obvious he's English so looks like Liverpool really wanna built a future English team.

Ok I just went to Wiki he was born in Liverpool.
I would like to get Scott Dann the Liverpool fan, and Birmingham really struggled when he was injured. Definately someone who will play with his life for the shirt
Scott Dan is the best
KrsmA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well, I've watched this lad and he's got the skills to be in first 11.... Not to mention he's a LFC fan for life. Having Agger to injury prone, and Skrtel who's an average, he would be a perfect signing.... 10 mil is a real bargain...
For people more familiar with him: does he have the potential to become world-class?
KrsmA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I only can say that he's got potential to be a new Carra, as he's got that passion that Carra has...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football