Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
[account-removed] 3 years ago
@jose3enrique3  We have to stay in italy (((((((((((((pic. Twitter.com/DqH9eo8t    Oh no! Less prep time for West Ham
Teja7 3 years ago
Oy vey
Liverpool5 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't care who liverpool play.... Lets win the Europa League.  
If we play M'gladbach next (paging @ThrekStari), Mighty Red and Jünter could have a mascot battle. (I also have a crush on Granit Xhaka, so....)
Weezer (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Xhaka looks similar to agger sometimes. It freaks me out
@Weezer I don't see it! :/ Are we thinking of the same person? I think he looks more like Cristiano Ronaldo, but it might be the hair
Teja7 3 years ago
He looks like Wilshere
@Teja7 Yes, they've both got the pug face haha
Cloudst (Footytube Mod) 3 years ago
Xhaka would be the least of your concerns, you'd have to worry about Patrick Herrmann, Luuk De Jong, Juan Arango, Nordveit, etc.

They have a solid team would be a good challenge for Liverpool
@Cloudst I'm not concerned about him, I have a crush on him very big difference
Faceo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
It's ronaldo + wilshire
Teja7 3 years ago
Of the 12 groups in Europa
Advancing to Knock-Out phase consisting of 32 Clubs are as following -

Finished first IN groups:

Liverpool FC; FC Viktoria Plzeň; Fenerbahçe SK; FC Girondins de Bordeaux; FC Steaua Bucureşti; FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk; KRC Genk; FC Rubin Kazan; Olympique Lyonnais; S. S. Lazio; FC Metalist Kharkiv; Hannover 96

Finished second IN groups:

FC Anji Makhachkala; Club Atlético de Madrid; VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach; Newcastle United FC; VfB Stuttgart; SSC Napoli; FC Basel 1893; FC Internazionale Milano; AC Sparta Praha; Tottenham Hotspur FC; Bayer 04 Leverkusen; Levante UD

Teams advancing BY placing 3rd IN UCL groups:

FC Dynamo Kyiv; Olympiacos FC; FC Zenit St Petersburg; Chelsea LOL FC; AFC Ajax; FC BATE Borisov; SL Benfica; CFR 1907 Cluj

Who would you guys want to faceoff?
I really don't care who as long as it's not Athl. Madrid or any of the teams coming from UCL.

But the way, in the Knock-out phase,
★ teams cannot be drawn against a team they have already played in the Group stage I. E. Liverpool cannot be drawn against Anzhi.
★ teams that have finished first their respective group cannot be drawn against eachother.
★ teams cannot be drawn against a team from the same league I. E. Liverpool cannot be drawn against Tottenham, Newcastle, or Chelsea.

I want us to go somewhere warm, Russia maybe
Lfcguy69 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
From teams who finished 2nd in their group I wouldn't want to face Inter, Napoli, Leverkusen or Ath. Madrid

So most likely we'll be facing one of them...
Glikus (Liverpool) 3 years ago
That leaves us with :Club Atlético de Madrid; VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach; VfB Stuttgart; SSC Napoli; FC Basel 1893; FC Internazionale Milano; AC Sparta Praha; Bayer 04 Leverkusen; Levante UD ; FC Dynamo Kyiv; Olympiacos FC; FC Zenit St Petersburg; AFC Ajax; FC BATE Borisov; SL Benfica; CFR 1907 Cluj

Looks like it was better finishing second than first :[
If we where second to the group :

FC Viktoria Plzeň; Fenerbahçe SK; FC Girondins de Bordeaux; FC Steaua Bucureşti; FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk; KRC Genk; FC Rubin Kazan; Olympique Lyonnais; S. S. Lazio; FC Metalist; Kharkiv; Hannover 96 ; FC Dynamo Kyiv; Olympiacos FC; FC Zenit St Petersburg; AFC Ajax; FC BATE Borisov; SL Benfica; CFR 1907 Cluj

What kind of advantage is that? That's how you end up with all big guns (including LFC) playing their be teams.... WTF?!
Teja7 3 years ago
LOL ikr!?
The teams who finished 2nd look so much more dangerous than the ones that finished first. Dammit!

What kind of twisted fate is this?
Now that I think about it, the teams that are less likely smash us are:
Mönchengladbach, Sparta Praha; BATE.

This is scary. I would only want to face those 3 teams. Everyone else is scary.
RealFan (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
' Chelsea LOL FC'

Last time I checked they were actually in the champions league. No need to make fun of Chelsea. They simply weren't good enough to make it out, but they are a great European side.... I can't say the same about other teams *cough cough*
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach
FC Basel 1893
AC Sparta Praha
Levante UD
FC BATE Borisov
SL Benfica
CFR 1907 Cluj
FC Dynamo Kyiv
Olympiacos FC
YoloToure (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Realfan220, "Last time I checked they were actually in the champions league. "    I guess you haven't checked very recently then?
Teja7 3 years ago
Realfan220 Oh the irony
Faceo (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Lets go against olympiakos and experience another "lovely cushion header for gerraaaarrrrrrrdddddd! Aaaahhhhhhhhhh yaaaaah beautyyyy WHAT HIT SON! WHAT A HIT!

-notice how I perfectly wove in that commentary into my sentence

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=veKx_gJavuw
Teja7 3 years ago
Man Of The Match:

Padelli [Udinese's goalkeeper]
If it wasn't for his saves, we would have won 3-0 or 4-0 easily.

Interesting Fact: He spent a season on loan at Liverpool in 2007
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Oh goddamit! The one time I forget to record the match is the one time my alarm doesn't go off. Screw you universe!

And I missed a Hendo goal! That's like falling asleep and missing halleys comet!

Dhhsufhrhdjfhdhfhfhfbrid brjehdhdjehdhdh djddhdhdhhdhdjdgsbdt

.... And that's the end of my tantrum for today. Still in Europe. Hooray!
Messuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
It was a quite boring game to be honest with you the universe made the right choice, however you're right about missing hendo's goal a rare sight
Are you suggesting I should be grateful to the universe? Never!

.... At least not until that inevitable day that we win the title and I win the lottery. Then me and the universe will call it even.
Madder (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Go home Jesta, you are drunk    Haha...
I don't drink so my insanity is purely natural.
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 years ago

Couldn't resist... :P
Is that BR?
YoloToure (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@Gilkus LOL. Photoshop a soccer ball in the kid's hands and make it say something like "NO, Udinese! You can't have the ball. "
Reina - 7 -

Enrique -6. 5-
Carra -7. 5-
Skrtle -8- MOTM
Jonhson -6. 5-

Allen -7-
Henderson -7-
Sahin -.... -

Downing -6. 5-
Suarez-6. 5-
Suso-6. 5-

Subs :

Shelvey-5-
Sterling-6-

I thought the performance was quite insipid, so I will be lazy and do not coment every player. Special mentions to Carra and Skrtel.

Was'nt exciting and even frightening at the very end. But we are through and top of the group. Good night
Skrtel is one of the best defenders in Europe
Messuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He's confidence on the ball has really improved, one more signing benitez got spot on maybe benitez should have being our technical instead of comolli or whatever the hell his name was
Lfcguy69 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
HaH! No wonder Agger and Skrtel are so good, after all, they got guidance from the legend himself, Sami Hyypia!
LesRouges (Liverpool) 3 years ago
   Enjoy :P  
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Congratulations!  Anybody knows how bad Nuri's inhjury is?
I was just about to ask that.... Hopefully it's nothing serious for our Turkish Red
Broken nose probably
Really? Didn't get to catch the first half    Hopefully he fights through.... Maybe wear one of those bad ass looking masks
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 years ago
^You mean like bane's mask? Yeah that would be badass
Teja7 3 years ago
I loved Di Natale's smile at the end.    What a legend he is.
Yeah he had pity of us, so decided not to procced to the execution
Lkerun (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He smiled like he wanted to say: I could have score but didn't want to upset the liverpool fans
I thought he was just laughing at Carra and Skrtel jumping up and down and having nervous breakdowns.
That was epic
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Https://pbs.Twimg.Com/media/A9dQ_rQCQAErGjH.Jpg
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
OF COURSE IT DID YOU ***** KNOB, YOU THINK THIS IS A MOTHER ***** GAME?
Yeah if he would of scored that I might of just thrown my computer out the bloody window
Teja7 3 years ago
Awesome

Can anyone provide all the teams who placed first and second in their respective groups.... And also the teams from UCL that dropped to Europa.

Here's to hoping Chelsea draw Athl. Madrid
And also, here's to hoping Liverpool draw a fairly moderate team (why)
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Just go to the EL and champions league channels on FT and figure that by yourself you lazy bastard
Teja7 3 years ago
LOOOOOL
Lol
Tobby17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What a superb match from the boys, we dominated from start to finish, I want more of this kind of performances, we were really unlucky to win by just one goal, should have been at least five....

Now to concentrate on West Ham, I predict a 4-0 win for us against West Ham
Teja7 3 years ago
Line-up for westham:

--------Reina--------
--Agger-Coates-Skrtel-
-Johnson-Lucas-Enrique-
---Gerrard---Sahin---
-----Morgan-Yesil-----

Would be nice to see this formation. 2 strikers up front is always a pain in the arse for any back-line
Nice line up, I would just love to see pacheco instead of yessil in there. Good pick for morgan as him and pacheco have been very good this season.... Maybe have adorjan on the bench too
2 1 nil victories shows that we have a strong character to the team not just preety football

Kick4Life - changing lives through football