Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Thomasfk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Anyone have an update on the Agger injury?

And will Skrtel and Adam be out next week against Wolves or will their one match ban get served in the League Cup clash this Wednesday?
Tomedis (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Look at my profile picture ! Agger is fine
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Kenny said its a rib cage injury and I think the ban will be served in the carling cup game so they should be back for wolves
ElNino927 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I thought it was always a 3 match ban, unless they changed the rules
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Both got 2 consecutive yellows. It'll be a 1 match ban
C0oder (Liverpool) 2 years ago
^ correctomundo. Straight reds are 3 matches and possibly more
Ok that's all good news I guess. I hope Agger's injury isn't too serious though
Toddtalk (Liverpool) 2 years ago
There were a lot of things going wrong today, but what bothered me the most was this:
Tottenham has nice possession for periods of time. They work it around, get it into the final third and create chances. When we got the ball we would usually boot it straight back to them. However, on the rare times we actually got the ball up the pitch, we would do this every time: Pass it around a little, gradually getting pushed back, not daring to push up and create a chance, and eventually the ball would be back with Carragher or Reina, who would just boot it down field to no one in particular and we would lose possession. This was driving me absolutely crazy. Did anyone else notice this?
I should note that though I was very disappointed with this performance, I am still very proud to be a Liverpool supporter and I still have faith in Kenny and the players
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I think the tactics fell apart after losing Adam though. Modric's strike made it 1-0 but there was still a lot of doubt. Liverpool did attack frequently with many crosses but noone connected with them meaningfully. Even at the start of the second half when it was already 11 on 10, you guys still managed to create several chances. The problem was that Friedel wasn't troubled at all because the attack was just lacking a little sharpness perhaps due to the fact that you had an important midfielder who was missing from the play. After Skrtel's sending off (a little harsh in my opinion), everything just went downhill. Pretty much, I think it was an even match even at 1-0 until the sending off.

This fixture has been very very close in recent years and I would attribute the lopsided scoreline to the two red cards. Let's see what happens at Anfield in February or March (?)
Sulii (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Tot has sex with liverpoll.... 4-0....
Rude boy
Soccerboy (Frosinone Calcio) 2 years ago
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Anything else you'd like to add to that.... I mean it's such a brilliant observation.... You Barca boys are smart aren't ya?
McEachran (Chelsea) 2 years ago
He's been making dumb comments all day
Soccerboy (Frosinone Calcio) 2 years ago
Spurs 4-0 Liverpool!!!    Better luck next time liverpool!
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Really bad performance by us today.... It was hurtfull to watch. But one question. Did all the calls go against us for a long time or is it just my feeling as a fan?
I'd have to agree with you. I think Charlie Adam did deserve to get sent off but Skrtel's tackle on Bale, although late, did not warrant a yellow. Bale played it up a little, if you saw, he was completely fine after the challenge. I think we would've won anyways if it was 11 v 10 and we had a good chance of holding on if it was 11 v 11 through the whole game
Adam's second yellow was a yellow, his first was not. Skrtl's first yellow was questionable, as was his second. Imo neither of them should have been sent off, this ref was just way too card happy. Not that I'm blaming the loss on that, we played awful with 11 men as well
Hmm, I guess you're right. I was looking at the fouls that resulted in the sending off, but their first fouls could've gone either way as well
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Charlie's 2nd tackle was reckless, but even though we where outplayed by their pace, in 1st 20 mins....

So really a bad day for us.... Hope we bounce back next weekend....
Kraken07 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Gotta' say that I'm disapointed in how we play when carroll is on the pitch. I like carroll and he is a great player. But every time he is on the pitch our tactic becomes to just launch crossballs all the freaking time.

When kuyt and suarez plays we keep the ball on the ground and we creates so many chances to score a goal.
Why the hell do we have to change the tactics just because carroll is great on his head.

Keep the ball on the ground and if its a great chance and we have to make a crossball than cross it. Don't cross it all the time.
The reason we got outplayed today was the fact that we didn't have any possesion because we are crossing the ball as soon as we gets it

Sry for rambling on about keeping the ball on the ground. Just makes me so frustrated and had to get some of the frustration out.

Well 4-0 is never a fun result to be beaten with, but this is just one game and just keep our head up high and we will be back stronger in the next game. Too bad we got two red cards though. But we didn't create anything before the red cards either
We had an offside goal =P
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Meh not much positive except while it was an even match it was 1-0 till both red cards and then spurs started to make some noise.... If that's a positive....
Aquilani just scored a really nice header    .... Not getting him back are we? Can't believe they'll get him for 6m
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I'm with you on that one. Not happy that he was allowed to go on loan, he would have made such a diffenrence, he is the kind of player we don't have in midfield
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Haha I don't know if any of you guys are watching the are Madrid game right now. Anyways it's a spectacle of Spanish football in that they're diving and acting all over the place. Some great quotes from the commentators though:

"Sometimes you wonder if we're watching a women's game, although I'd say that's an insult to the women"

"Oh and it's falling down time again"

"Handbags, petticoats, the lots"

"It's been a pretty pathetic affair"
JayMajethiya (Liverpool) 2 years ago
It was a pure class from Torres in both ways !
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
You know what I realize.... Besides the fact we got outplayed today. There are so many glory hunting pr*ck's on footytube
No kidding, the amount of people having a reaction like we just got relegated is beyond me
Also everyone would you stop saying that theese and that players are s**t. Because after the matches like against bolton you were saying that they are good
Anyone noticed that carroll has changed a lot! His first touch, skill, passing, tackles and headers was very good he does start to show his potential. Maybe its because he got new shoes or maybe even stoped drinking?
Yeah carroll did play better than usual this season, but I still wasn't really satisfied with him today
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yes I noticed this too he was even doing step overs, his movement was alot better today, its too bad about the circumstances of the match
He looked a bit slimmer to me for some reason, but I think that was just me in still sleeping while he was playing
Glorfindel (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Honestly even though he is a great legend as we all know, I think kenny is quite a below average manager. Unfortunately for him, the players he bought in are quite shitty, his plans and ideas seem good but sadly getting disastrous results, its just not quite working out. Carrol is a joke omg! Anyway hope maybe gerrard lifts things up for liverpool. Its was a top four club and it deserves to be fighting for titles atleast. Same for arsenal. Anyway best of luck in the future
The King will sort it all out
NandoTorres9 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
If we had the same players as at the end of last season we would be fine but the players signed have not been great so far.

Tactically Kenny is brilliant
And you basing your opinion of kenny being a shite manager on the start we have had? What do you think of arsenal then? Is wenger shite too?

Too early to go out there and say comments like this. We held them to one nil even with adam sent off, they only scored the other three once skrtel was off and henderson was playing right back and lucas was left in the middle by himself. Don't know many teams who won't allow goals to spurs when they are playing with 9 players
Astrojoggi (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Don't worry!.... We trust Alex's abilities.... Xa!  In Greece we say.... Behind the pear is the tail)))
On a positive note from today's game, I think Coates and Enrique played quite well actually
Zloth (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I don't think Coates played well, bad positioning, but it was his first so. It can only get better He'll prob get a full game against wolves since skrtel and prob agger are out.

Enrique did good.... As always!
It was almost unfair to put him in that sort of position with us having 9 players on the field and expecting him to do something special.

He'll definitely get some playing time next week though with Skrtel out

Kick4Life - changing lives through football