Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Great missed the whole game pretty much, how well did we play?
DanniDC (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Lots of good movement. No end product. Couldn't defend a corner
Did wijnuldum play? Or the boys from the euros?
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
It was borrrrrinnnggg.... ! We tried to create something but no end product.

Chelsea as usual defended 90 mins. I really want to see conte Vs. Mourinho both defensive as f**k, I guess ball will just be there at the center of the park and players just standing around expecting other team to play. Lol
Obinocarlo (Chelsea) 2 days ago
We played 2 matches before today and you guys have played 5 matches and you expect our players to press high? Well when the season start we will see who is who and then you can judge by goals and points
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Conte's setup does looks very defensive, Period! (Based on today's match)

Don't be surprised if this flavor continues to be seen in premier league against big teams.

And who am I to judge whether its right or wrong.
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Objectively, I thought Chelsea was the more organised and tactically astute team. We were all over the place defensively and didn't use the width of the pitch effectively. There were two many players guilty of losing the ball in vulnerable situation and their attitude was lackadaisical to retrieve the ball (I'm pointing at you Firmino, I thought as a South American born player he would have more fire in his belly, but that doesn't seem to be the case). I also think Klopp's current style of play is not suited to play against a team like Chelsea who sit deep.

There shouldn't be 5 players trying to surround one player to retrieve possession, it should just be 1 or 2 and the rest should be waiting to receive a loose pass. This is pretty much what Chelsea did perfectly.

Chelsea have two lines of 4 almost in defence which is why we shouldn't be looking to break them down, we should look to wait for them to make a mistake. Wait for them to open up and them hit them.

Offensively, we needed to be calm and composed in our passing and possession. Too often we tried to force the final ball when it wasn't on.

There also still seems to be a personnel issue in LB, Moreno is like the Balotelli of fullbacks. He should be a defender first and take care of his responsibilities at the back before bombing forward, but at times he was even more forward than Coutinho and Firmino.

Also f**k Cesc and Traore! Grujic is in hospital and Klavan could have been injured.
I don't think we had the players to break them, with players like coutinho, firmino and ejaria you are hoping to pass through the whole chelsea side which is close to impossible becouse of how compact and great they are at defending. Mane looked great becouse he could beat a player and make space just purely out of pace. I can see us doing much better with sturridge or origi in place of firmino and maybe a midfield three as we completely lost the battle in midfield today.

Also Grujic is in hospital? Looked like just a wack in the head
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Don't like that fapping from our GK
Is it on now? Whaaaaat
YoloToure (Liverpool) 2 days ago
He fapped during the game? Bold move! Yolo!
SKool (Arsenal) 1 day ago
Well, if you are bored what do you do to get excited? Fap, right?
Damn was just about to go to bed forgot all about the match    6:45 am here up modding all night
Penetration is good! Mane looks really good on the ball. The 18 year old Ejaira looks exceptionally well. The score is 1-0 due to not defending a corner. I thought this problem would be fixed with all the height
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I feel like half our problems would be solved by subbing out Moreno
Hadee318 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Ohh I was just about to go to sleep and then it came to my attention that Liverpool play Chelsea in 10 minutes. What a pleasant surprise
Pewpew (Liverpool) 2 days ago
What oh damn!
Obinocarlo (Chelsea) 2 days ago
Hey guys anyone got a good link where I can watch the game please post on my wall.  Thanks
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Update on Sakho

“i have to build a group here, we have to start new here,”

“So I thought maybe it made sense for him to fly home to Liverpool and after eight or 10 days when we come back we can talk about it. It’s not that serious."

“He nearly missed the departure of the plane, he missed a session and was late for a meal."

“We have some rules and we have to respect them."

Source: Link: www.thisisanfield.com/2016/07/mamadou-sakho-sancti...

Well done Jurgen
Things are changing at liverpool, brendan would have let things like this slide
KevMo (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Not if the cameras were on him *cough* Sterling
Madder (Liverpool) 2 days ago
You can do this with woy or brendan....

But not with jurgen....

He might be funny as hell.... But as scary as well
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
That's the way Jurgen.... Hope Sakho takes it well and get's his act together
Azeal (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I think Klopp is trying to instill discipline.
Sakho is a "fun" guy but he can get out of control.
I like what Klopp is doing here, no man is bigger than the Klopp
No exceptions. I like it !
And glad he came out and said it was nothing serious.... And sakho pictured training in melwood

Put rest the transfer rumors.... Just a boy getting his lesson
Cout10 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
So what are you guy's early top 4 predictions for the upcoming epl?
1: Liverpool (no Europe)
2: Chelsea (no Europe)
3: Manchester City (Guardiola effect)
4: Arsenal (Arsenal)
Barlfc (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Top 4 for next season is even harder to guess than usual. There are 6 legit contenders for top 4 (us, Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Tottenham and Chelsea). I predict that Chelsea and United won't make top 4
I have no predictions but am putting a $5 on every club to win the title before the season starts. Except manunited and everton ofcourse.

.... Throw chelsea in there too.
Arsenal718 (Arsenal) 2 days ago
I love the reason we're in 4th, just because arsenal
Malik (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Mou have built a solid team at Manu already if he manages to make them function on pitch they will be real challengers.

I want Liverpool to win but I think you guys still need lots of work in market
^ gotta' get that 4th place trophy
Malik

Mou got a old man that's not even tested in the epl

We got 1 of the fastest attacks in the epl now and plenty of it also.
Plus only 1 game a week compared to last season where we played 63 games got to 2 finals and with all the injuries also we still weren't to far of and now we have a much better team with way less games
So if we are not fighting for the league I be disappointed
Teja7 2 days ago
@Malik If Ibra scores 15+ goals this season in the PL, I'll donate CAD $10 to a charity of your choice
I'll also match that
Arsenal718 (Arsenal) 2 days ago
If you thought they were playing boring under old Louie what till mou gets a hold of em
I'll double it
Let just not focus on them....
I am still being calm on this.... I wanted europa league qualification + 1 cup

That will put winning mentality in our team.... Building a good foundation for europa and better market pulling factor....

And then we keep build that momentum

But if offered top 4.... I said F*ck this to the above plan and take it
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Right, pay attention for a second guys. I've just banned an extremely irritating troll named "Mikhitargaryen". Now before you come out with the comments, I want to address something. Several of the users on here took their vigilantism way too far when it came to confronting this guy. That's my job, not yours. I realise how annoying he was but you simply cannot revert to flat out abusing another user. All you do by heaping abuse on him is allow him to play the innocent card and moan about double standards, which I'm sick to the teeth of seeing from trolls. Next time, report his comments, do not fight fire with fire. All you do is give myself and the other mods the unwelcome headache of smoothing over both parties.

In particular Kevmo, mate if you go to those lengths again, you will find yourself on Status and on thin ice. We will not tolerate abuse whether it be directed at a good user or a bad one, it's still abuse and it's still against the rules of this community. All your abuse did is make it take longer to ban him as he plays the wounded victim and we search for definitive evidence for his removal.

Incase you can't tell I'm really grumpy about the sheer volume of garbage I've had to sift through and moderate in the past week and so are the other mods. Please don't make our job harder guys
KevMo (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Sorry dude, I didn't think what I was doing was against the rules/inappropriate. I was just annoyed at all his bs. I won't call ppl out by name in the future and I'll try to stay out of stupid arguments
Zilch (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
I appreciate that. Just mind the language next time that's all. You can tell him to clear off, go away etc just mind your wording ie piss off etc leave that stuff out, Teja was slightly guilty of it as well. And try not to follow them onto a topic in another page. All he's doing is baiting the hook so that you respond angrily and get yourself in trouble, he reported all your comments to get my attention. Don't give him the satisfaction of a bite next time.

Moving on, this place should be a bit more peaceful now, enjoy guys
Ankitarora (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Great Zilch.... That guy was a piece of work.... Good riddance
Who.... Lol
Teja7 2 days ago
> Teja was slightly guilty    LOL Love it
Oh no way, you banned him! Whyyy? He was such a sweet guy.

Hey Mikhitargaryen if you're reading this no hard feelings, its a shame you only lasted a month on this site. Better luck next time
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Lol he had some deep hatred for Liverpool even though he claimed to be a Barcelona "fan"
What did I miss?
God damn I was all hyped that the match is today. Sigh

“It’s clear we cannot be at 100 per cent, but I’m not interested - I want to see the 100 per cent that is possible on this day. ” Klopp

This aint a democracy its a dictatorship. Get with the program or go home like sakho hahaa!
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Was wondering How much would Andre Ayew cost, if we wanted him.    I like him as a midfielder.
We got better players already I think
Wayne24 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
He would make a great addition to the squad upfront as a striker. The guy is always on the attack. Strong, technical, and the heart of a horse a player like Ayew would make us even stronger
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 days ago
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 days ago
Lol ok. We never stood a chance when klopp came calling, ey?
Exactly ;]
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 days ago
That's fine, I don't think any tears will be shed here. No one signs every player they may have interest in. He's a good player though, i'll probably have him in my fantasy team like last year
PeskyBubbles (Liverpool) 2 days ago
SIF, great point and y'all signed Micky who is another good talent. Can't wait to see some exciting play this year with all the change ups!
Underrated (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I would love if this was our third kit

Link: www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/fantasy-fo...
Teja7 3 days ago
Damn damn damn
Teja7 3 days ago
But, albeit it's a very impressive mock up and idea for a jersey.... The person who did the photoshop did a poor job. Can tell it's not done by a professional
Looks great
Wayne24 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Idk. I'd feel like Brendan would be managing us because of the Celtic colors lol
Footster (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Its quite cool
Underrated (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I just want to say well done to my local team Dundalk FC who only lost 1-0 away to BATE Borisov a team that has given all the big clubs a problem in the champions league in the last few seasons not bad for semi-pro players
YoloToure (Liverpool) 3 days ago
"According to the Turkish publication Aksam, Liverpool have accepted their £2. 5 million bid for Lucas, who can now discuss personal terms with the Galatasaray. "
Pewpew (Liverpool) 3 days ago
NO! I call bs until its official 2. 5m lucas is worth at least 8m
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
Not going to believe it till I hear it from reliable journalists
IF it is true, the price would make sense.... Lucas is freshly injured

Kick4Life - changing lives through football