Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
WrzDParTton8 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
August 6: Liverpool v FC Barcelona – Wembley, 5pm BST.    Wohoo!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Bring it!

Finally a game against Klopp with Barça

Wouldn't mind lending you guys Luis, our player of the season, for that game, just for old times' sake
Hari6988 (Barcelona) 2 days ago
MSN won't be available unfortunately. They are back from holidays only on the 2nd week of August ahead of the Hamper game
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 days ago
It's okay guys, benteke probably won't be available either so your defenders won't have to worry
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Need to book tickets ASAP, I work close to Wembley
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 3 days ago
According to the official site, we have now submitted another planning application to Liverpool City Council.

The club wants to create a “dedicated facility” for the supporters to gather and enjoy festivities before and after games.

Link: www.empireofthekop.com/2016/05/23/liverpool-submit...
Robinson (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Will Liverpool ever return to its glory days, 1990 the former year we were an english mighty,
Robinson

I was thinking the same thing and the main problem is we stay in a transition mode forever!

Even this time around we have got to two finals and for some stupid reason we are looking at potential players again instead of quality and anyone that doesn't see this needs to get they eyes tested.

I be waiting for someone to say no champions league no players and I say f**k off you brought that lie! They are many quality players Klopp could get but it's all down to do we want to move forward or stand still.

Robinson we will just have to wait and see do we stand still or move forward this coming window so until then we just have to wait
WrzDParTton8 (Liverpool) 3 days ago

I can see a difference between the past transitions and now that we are already looking to plug the weaknesses in the squad. Credit to Klopp for rightly identifying that and also publicly mentioning the same. Finally we have a manager who finally knows what he is doing.

1)Defense: We were conceding too many goals for last 3-4 seasons due to individually mistake prone CBs or poor Goalkeeping. Height is a major weakness in our squad which is partly why we concede sooo many goals in set pieces and fks.

Our response Matip, Grujic and Karius to overtake Migs as starting GK.

I heard Karius is rated the second best goalkeeper only behind Neuer last season in a survey conducted amognst Bundesliga professionals.
Means he obviously has the quality.

Grujic we haven't heard much of him so won't judge prematurely but should provide quality squad depth atleast.

Matip, proved that he is a top bundesliga defender for many seasons and also has vast experience despite being young. Great aerial dominance as well.

Also few more to come in the coming months. I have a gut feeling that we will sign a big name this summer. We need to stop judging the quality of signings in terms of the price.

2)He has vastly improved a number of players who were struggling before he came in. Notably Lovren, Origi, Lallana, Can, Firmino.

Plus our youngsters are also very promising. Eg Stewart, started 8 of the last 9 games and handled EPL physicality reasonably well. Seems good on the ball and a decent passer and rarely get bullied. See the lad improve even more next season.

Gomez, Ojo, Ibe to a certain extent all impressing during their shot spells.

So its all looking fruitful under Klopp. The squad seems to have the winning mentality and togetherness which is really positive.

IF we get a kind fixture list next season I am sure we will be challenging for atleast top 4 if not title. All we need is a decent start to the season
WrzDParTton8

Don't get me wrong I trust Klopp but I can't say that for the rest of them. Another thing no disrespect to the kids but depending on them to fight for titles, champions league etc is a no go
WrzDParTton8 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Lets see! Hummels started for BVB at a very young age. And BVB were successful also during that period.

I can't agree with what some ppl say: Playing Youngsters = No ambition/fight
Cuba (Liverpool) 2 days ago
It all went wrong when we sold alonso and got an injured aquilani to replace him
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Being out of champions league for so many years has hurt us badly. We can't compete financially with the likes of Chelsea, City, Man UTD on that front when going for players. Not to mention no significant trophy winnings.... Makes everything more difficult
MereEarthlings (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Dang, I'm going to miss LVG and his funny moments.    "Mr. Mike Smalling"    Loolol
LesRouges (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Gotta' or not, I'm sure with the new players coming in to sort out the defence, we should already perform better next season. Signing big names doesn't guarantee you success, working hard as a team does . Good pre season and we should be good to go
Cuba (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Mario Götze has decided to stay at Bayern and start a new era under Carlo Ancelotti [bild]  
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 3 days ago
I'll believe it when he renews his contract
Muffy (Bayern München) 3 days ago
He posted it on facebook
Cuba (Liverpool) 2 days ago
If he did that with the current attitude of players, I won't be surprised if he leaves this window to real or elsewhere. Though I do think Liverpool would be his best option, not just because I support this club, it is the best for him
Zootednation (Manchester United) 2 days ago
Lmao how is liverpool best for a WC player like Gotze in his prime?
BenBro (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Because he's not getting playing time and wants to continue to play for the national team, not that hard to see why it was a strong rumor for him coming hear under his former manager to resurrect his career. But he may get time under Ancelotti this why he stays
Zootednation (Manchester United) 2 days ago
Understood, good reasoning
Honestabe (Liverpool) 2 days ago
@zootednation, his playing time was the whole reason for the rumor.... No one's saying liverpool are a better side than bayern, but if you're a topclass player, wouldn't you rather play.... Than sit on the bench? I think he was reserving judgement to see if we won europa and got champions league. That may have been a strong deciding factor. Now that we don't, it's a much easier decision for him to make
So brendan to celtic, I really hope he does well there. They have some amazing fans and I think they will appreciate his arrival
KingLucas (Liverpool) 3 days ago
There is gone be whole lot of character at celtic
DanniDC (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Happy for him. Hope he becomes a legend for them
Atleast he won't miss hearing the YNWA anthem
Blayzie (Liverpool) 3 days ago
LOL @KingLucas
Weezer (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Lord Karius seems like a decent No. 1, I'm happy no Goetze, was hoping we would go for Dahoud or Isco instead.

Sadly I think Dortmund may go for Dahoud if City buy Gundogan
I think someone already said on here it would be very hard to get dahoud as they just sold two cms, xhaka and the other guy to West ham. I'm still hoping we get gotze, I know Klopp really wants another CAM, we wouldn't have been pursuing alex teixeira last season other wise
Well I hope we get a good cdm/cm 1st because we are liking goals
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Will we ever get our defence sorted? Costed us the title in 2013/14 season and we continue to let in cheap ass goals
Weezer (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Well we do have a new no. 1 and a Matip who alongside lovren and sakho make up a solid 3 CB.

Not to mention clyne, flanno and gomez.

Maybe all of the above can help moreno from throwing a trophy next season
Honestabe (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I can't see sakho playing another match for us if the decision is upheld unfortunately, i'd like to see flanno or maybe smith take moreno's spot, which would allow gomez to fall back into his natural role as a CB, backing up lovren/matip
I want Sakho gone
Underrated (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I can't understand bild newspaper one minute gotze is joining liverpool next minute he is staying at bayern sounds like they are making it up as they go along
Let's just wait and see what the reliable sources say, Tony barret did say his our big target this summer and Klopp will be given the money to get who he wants
That's exactly what I'm doing mate, I still havent given up on us signing him and there is also reports he has signed with the same agents who represent firmino and karius

Link: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfe...

That would be brilliant    Mate
Gotze is a great player no doubt, but do we really need hin?

We have players like Coutinho, Firminho, and Lallana. All of them can play as attacking mids, in the number 10 role or as a CAM.

Imo what we need is a good cdm/cm, which is our biggest weakness, a LB and some wingers. Getting Gotze would have added quality, but it wouldn't fix our biggest problems. In this window if we sign a strong CDM and a LB who can compete with or beat Moreno for the 1st team spot, it will be a good summer for us
Suarez7 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I still think we need a striker even though ings is back, it's just that we(or I) haven't actually seen him play much and relying on origi, studge(needless to say his record of injuries) and benteke whose future is uncertain, is not that wise
It's someone who I think will improve the quality of everyone around him, alot like how Suarez did
If we sell Beneke then ya we should buy another striker. In fact I hope that is the case
Honestabe (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Balotelli! ...
Am I the only one who is sick of searching to find who the players that we are linked with, like zielinski, grujic, matip for once I would like us to be linked with a player that we already know, someone who is world class ie sane, isco, griezmann, draxler, subotic etc
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 3 days ago
Gotze has sacked his agent, and has stated that he wants to work hard to stay at Bayern.... On the bench he stays I guess
Bavaria (Bayern München) 3 days ago
What bench? He played in every match before he got injured for 5 months
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 days ago
He would have been a luxury signing anyway even if we somehow managed to get him. We need other positions to be sorted out first like the defence, center mid and a gk before going for another attacking player
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 days ago
World class players want champions league football. Something we can't offer
^Increasing rumours of Zlatan to utd makes me mad...
If this Karius is so good why is Leno ahead of him in the germany squad

Link: www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3594701...

Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 3 days ago
Because Leno is extremely good too, heck Germany have soo many amazing keeper these days lol
Fabiusmaximus (Bayern München) 3 days ago
Trapp is also not named in the squad  I wouldve picked trapp or karius over leno though
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Leno has been bad this season though
Leno is more experienced
Lfcguy69 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Fun fact of the day

Loris Karius was signed by Manchester City in 2009 for £200k and played there until 2011 without making a single first team appearance (which isn't really surprising since he left at the age of 18)
Lfcguy69 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
It is also expected that Karius will represent Germany in the coming Olympics, meaning he will miss the first three rounds of Premier League
LesRouges (Liverpool) 4 days ago
Anyone got any updates on markovic?
I just hope he won't be sold or loaned again

Kick4Life - changing lives through football