Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Till the time we have no stuzza.... Which is like saying always these days.

We can play Tenbeke and Dinngs upfront.

Balo as useless, time wasting sub towards the end and more like a punching bag to protect other forwards
Zloth (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Loooool @ last sentence :'D he provokes, increasing the possibility of red cards on both sides!
Madder (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Told you never to talk about that secret tactic!
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Lol.... Hopefully he improves a bit by January and get rid of him
KingLucas (Liverpool) 2 days ago
If only Sturridge could stay fit for the rest of the season    If only pigs can fly
I remain hopeful pigs will fly one day.... But that day too stuzza will be injured. I have lost all confidence in him
Azeal (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I am waiting til Stu-Balo combo.... Bagging 50 goals between team a season, I still believe
Joe420x (Chelsea) 1 day ago
@Lfc140812    Lol you have to be up before you time waste towards the end of the game
MereEarthlings (Liverpool) Yesterday
"Why always me. " This guy is always getting dissed, and for fair reason. But I know Balo is going to prove everyone wrong and put in like 10-15 goals next season
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Re-watching Markovic vs Thailand, he seems to play waaaaaaaay better through the center than outwide. Almost like a different player through the center.

Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=R1Xg6EkwXjU
Guys take the time to look through his highlights. He has so much more flair centrally, those backheel, that nutmeg, the positioning, the passes in the final third and even the finish
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Thank you
Raul1 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
We have too many players for that position.... Currently we need him on wings
I really think FSG didn't know what they were buying when they bought Markovic. Watching that game showed how natural he is as an AM through the center. I'd even stick him as a second striker through the center tbh
Suarez7 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I think he played in a similar position against spurs last season and even scored a goal, if I'm not wrong
Yep, that is just another confirmation that Markovic should be played through center. Although he has been pinned as a wide player, his best attributes are playing centrally. Looking at all the passes, he thrives on short passes mainly in and around the box, I think he could even develop to play as a striker, for me he really isn't a winger
Skorm I completely agree. If sterling got the chance to play behind two strikers I think markovic should do too. Alot of people doubt markovic becouse of his lack of crossing ability but they forget no one at the club can cross well, this is mainly becouse we don't train our crosses and we focus mainly on short passing and playing into feet. Markovic is much more effective in the middle then lallana and is a different type of player to coutinho. He gives us more choice, this is what I like.

BTW I think it was againts chelsea he scored
Yep, I have no idea why managers have been putting him on the wings, he is 200% better centrally. So much more guile, I couldn't even believe this was the same Markovic. Markovic also makes better decisions than Lallana as well, I love Lallana's silky smooth skills but sometimes I hate the way he plays holds up our game and slows our attack. On the otherhand, Markovic seems to make better decisions and quicker judgements and suits our game more. For crossing, I really think we should leave that up to our FB. Clyne and Gomez both have really good crossing
The way he runs and makes passes reminds me alot of torres, but sadly I Don't think he has the same physicality torres had other wise I could see him maybe developed into a center forward. I'm thankfull someone else has seen the same talents in markovic as myself, he has been written of by too many people. If given the chance I believe he could be our best player (after coutinho and sturridge) in a year or two
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Milner is an excellent crosser. He plays centrally now, but we will see him drift to the sides on few occasions to ping the ball in
Sergio, I actually had the same thought about him being similar to Torres. Yeah, I also agree he lacks the intensity/physicality of Torres, but then again Torres used to play for Atletico before he came to us
Scouser4life (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Markovic and Ibe are our only wingers as of now, I'm sure he might be better suited playing CAM as you guys have mentioned, but we now have a surplus of players in that position. We'd be better off developing him as a winger
Or as a wide playmaker,
Robinson (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Does anyone fear the new look of our rivals United?
They have a strong midfield, but fear them? Not really. I am pretty sure we will surprise few big teams this season
Colinmc (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Weak up top, weak in the back. They addressed the one part of their team that was actually pretty good last season. I don't think they improved as much as they think they did
Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 days ago
On paper they have a squad that can easily fight for the title but whats on paper doesn't really matter right?
Scouser4life (Liverpool) 2 days ago
No
Topbloke (Manchester United) 2 days ago
@colinmc I would only agree with the weak defence however on paper our mid and forward are very good. If we sign a quality CB and keep DDG then I'm confident will challenge for the top spots
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 2 days ago
What forwards? Rooney? What if he gets injured? You guys will be in 4 competitions with midweek games every week, you do need one more class forward if you're actually thinking of winning the PL and going till the semis in the UCL
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 days ago
Chicharito is proven in the league. And we added goals to our midfield in the form of Bastien and Depay. Even Schneiderlin scored 4 league goals last year. Our depth uptop isn't impressive but lvf seems pretty confident. The big names last year were busts anyways, so maybe big names are overrated. Unless you have Suarez neymar type players available in the market, which isn't the case, then maybe it makes sense to just play Rooney there until a wc player becomes available
We will see, you never know. Maybe you'll do well, I think its all down to the fitness of United's crucial players (Mata, Rooney, Schneiderlin, De Gea, Herrera, Depay). If you guys can remain fit and the new players can gel quickly than of course you have a good shot. But, I just feel United are in a worst position if their players get injured and there are more than enough quality in other teams to take advantage of that, if that happens. This is the EPL and things can change very quickly, so even I'm wary about how Liverpool might do but, I feel a lot more comfortable with the players we have now compared to the start of last season
Rooney is a top striker which everyone forgets, but the danger is the back up is hernandez and he can be seen as very one dimensional kind of striker. With the additions of depay etc you will be able to accommodate players like hendandez who only need a slight chance to score. But remember Fergie always had 3 or 4 top strikers
Footymasta (Manchester United) 2 days ago
But remember fergie used to play 442, you don't need 4 strikers on the bench if you employ a 4231 formation or similar, that's just greedy, pricey and unnecessary plus most people who actually watch games will agree hernanez is a decent backup
Aaron222 (Chelsea) 2 days ago
Let's see how the season go. Kudos to them if they clicked into gear on the PL with their new squad
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 2 days ago
LVG probably sees Afro man as another striking option as well as he's been playing Depay and Rooney furthest up the pitch. They might not have out and out back up strikers, but some versatile players that can fill the void
Goiko (Athletic Bilbao) 1 day ago
Fear? Eh no, I'll concentrate on the teams that I support, what the opponents/rivals do is irrelevant
I am 29 today!  Somebody call FSG and ask them to buy aubameyang for liverpool as a gift for me!
YungGunner (Arsenal) 2 days ago
Happy birthday man, 29 years younger!      Who need Auba, when you have Teke
It is my birthday and I want him!    Ahhaha tq mate
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Happy Budday jokur! Where's Our party? 😃
We should buy Madder some new lipstick
Happy birthday kopite! Make sure to drink a lot.... Of water
Https://www.Facebook.Com/MalaysiaSaya/videos/872214359534913/

Well trollers never stop right? I think this guy try to mock the fans based on previous incident... The last dude was just sitting and enjoying the game while this dude even dancing around annoyingly... But hats off to the great liverpool fan who gave him a malaysian scarf and asked him to sit down and enjoy the game
Would of told him to piss off personally
Filip90 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Oh man, I would love if we could buy Pedro, but highly doubt it....
Malik (Barcelona) 2 days ago
Much rather prefer to see him in Pool colors then United
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Meh, I mean what happens to Marko and Ibe if we sign Pedro? I think he's a good player, but nothing magnificent. I rather just save the money
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I would have said just use the money on a DM, but we all know that's never going to happen under BR
We need as much quality as possible, and Pedro is quality. Wouldn't mind sending Origi on loan to a PL team to get Pedro
Joeymac (Manchester United) 2 days ago
But but but.... Liverpool and United both play in.... Red
Malik (Barcelona) 2 days ago
@Unbelivable4026, apart from a solid DM, you guys need winners in your team, players that have gone through the process of winning something, achieving something, it help to avoid bottling at crucial moment,

Pedro apart from being quality brings tons of experience and winning mentality,
Teja7 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Pedro is quality. I'd love to have him at Liverpool.

The 22m price tag is too good to be true in this market!
Who ever gets him this summer are some lucky baskets. Lol
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 1 day ago
That whole "experienced players to win" is BS, in my opinion. Field the best team you possibly can and the rest sorts itself out. This attitude is a BIG problem I have with BR's team selections.

Pedro is a bit part player for Barca, that's it. If someone pays 22M for Pedro, professional diver, Barca will laugh all the way to the bank. He will be out muscled bad in the PL
Is it worth me watching full match highlights of the last pre season game. Everyone here seems put off by it and of origi lol
Pewpew (Liverpool) 2 days ago
No it's not. I have lfc tv go and really its not worth it you can find everything on the internet. But I like supporting the club every preseason so I subscribe
I meant was the last game againts Malaysia worth me watching as I missed it
If you find full extended highlights, please share Sergio
What? You're not gonna' embed it?  What are you good for, Sergio?!
Oh that's the full match. I just wanted highlights.  Thanks though.
Soz I was on my phone and incredibly tired
Pewpew (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Mario has reportedly turned down his chance to move to the Italian third division with Lupa Castelli. But he will be cheering them on from afar
Lol 3rd division.... What a reality check
Damn.... Lmao 3rd division
Well if you don't perform.... That's where it all goes
Azeal (Liverpool) 2 days ago
He isn't the brightest or the smartest boy in the room, but he tries to be nice
Wish Balo would leave!
How is Danny Graham not in Sunday night league yet then?
His attitude has ruined his career.... Since Inter Milan
Colinmc (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Anyone else think Ibe looks more and more like a striker than a winger? He has striker type finishing and is strong enough to play with his back to goal and fast enough to get in behind defenders. He reminds me a lot more of Sturridge than Sterling honestly
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
It's great to have options.    Our 25 man squad now has some solid depth.
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Dude that's exactly what I thought when I first saw him and I know this is outlandish but for me he is very similar to a younger Aguero. Strong on the ball and very difficult to push off, does not lack pace and has a mean strike with both feet. He even dribbles very similar to Aguero with very good close control and does a lot of shot feints around the box. Ibe just needs to make quicker decision and its evident that he is working very hard on that and we are seeing huge progress. Scary that he is only 19. I didn't care about Sterling leaving, but if Ibe was to leave it would break my heart
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
He's scored, what, one goal for LFC? All of a sudden he's Sturridge? He just needs to work on his crossing and maybe decision making and he's a perfect winger. It's good that he's working on the cut in and shoot, that's a super valuable skill for a winger
We need him on the right to cross the ball to benteke if he can chip in a few goals that's bonus
He is not going to start games anyway. He is more like an impact sub
All hypothetically speaking lads, don't get your panties in a bunch.

IF Brendan Rodgers was shown the door next summer and these three:
-Pep
-Klopp
-Ancelotti
Were willing to become our next manager....

Who would be your pick and why?
JayMajethiya (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Frank Raijkard.... Because he knows what it takes to win at a Big level !
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Ancelotti, he just knows how to win and has consistently proven it. I've no doubt if he took this job, he would have a plan in mind to get this team to work. In second position, I'd actually prefer Klopp over Pep, I just feel like he'd resonate more with our club than Pep. Although, I have a feeling Pep would probably sooner end up at City than Liverpool
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I hate to say it, but there are probably better offers for everyone of them. The only one we might have a chance at is Klopp in January. I think BR will be shown the door by then, so Klopp might, might, be realistic. Klopp would probably be my choice of the litter, as well. He just matches the ethos of LFC to a T. He's also overcame a bigger financial gap with BVB then even we face currently in the PL. The other two have won things, no doubt, but with top 3-5 squads in the world. I'd like to play the kind of counter attacking football that Klopp likes to play. Yes, in an ideal world BR wants to play like Barca, but guess what? We don't have half the squad that you need to pull it off. If BR realizes this now before the season starts, he might have a chance at maintaining his position. If he's going to be the same old stubborn BR tactically, he's out by January
Azeal (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Hypothetically.... Rafael Benitez should be fired from Real Madrid too!

Then we can welcome him back! Ahh.... Those Wednesday nights
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Azeal.... Those nights were and to this day.... Cause of my ailing heart. Rafa and his European nights.... I so miss that time.... When I could say to people.... You know f****r.... You might have this player that Player.... But we have Rafa.... We gonna' gang up on you, swamp you in middle.... And win 1-0.... Those nights.... Those mouth watering.... High octane drama.... That passion.... Songs.... Wild celebrations.... That was the time.

That time.... Is still the reason of my fondness to kenny.... Sami lee.... Phil Thompson.... That whole space of 6/7 Yeats.... We just could take on anyone.... Juventus, barcalona.... Chelsea.... Madrid.... United.... Chelsea again.... Besisktas.... Arsenal.... That space of 6/7 years was the time. I used to think.... Rafa will go crazy.... My mind was permuting strategies day and night.... I miss Hyppia.... Alonso.... Benayoun.... And that left foot chip by Dossana. Aurelio putting one past Van der sar. Daniel with back heel.... So much was happening at that time.... That now PL seems like a lullaby
Forsure Klopp!
Kazuki (Liverpool) 3 days ago
I wonder if you can ask other team to take your player on loan?
Bplittle (Liverpool) 3 days ago
What about 5 of them?
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 3 days ago
Anfield expansion update fellow Reds:

• 650-tonne truss fitted on to the Main Stand
• First stage of scheme will add another 8, 500 seats

"The first stage of the stadium expansion will add around 8, 500 seats, taking the three-tier Main Stand capacity to more than 20, 000 and increasing the overall capacity of Anfield to around 54, 000. Other new facilities include a widened player tunnel, new team benches, media platform and wheelchair viewing positions. When complete, the Main Stand will become one of the largest all-seat single stands in Europe. "

"Liverpool are redeveloping the stadium as part of a £260m scheme for the whole Anfield area. The second phase of the expansion involves the Anfield Road end expanding by a further 4, 800 seats to take the ground capacity to just below 60, 000 ready for the 2016-17 season. "

Things are looking good gents!
We need more. We should aim for 75k come 2020 at least. Some people are still on waiting lists for seasons tickets
This is healthy stuff
Longest bans handed out by Football Association

9 months: Manchester United's Eric Cantona for his 'kung-fu' style kick in 1995

9 months: Chelsea keeper Mark Bosnich who tested positive for cocaine in 2003

8 months: Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United for missing a drugs test in 2003

12 games: Joey Barton of QPR for two counts of violent conduct against Manchester City in 2012

11 games: Sheffield Wednesday's Paolo di Canio for pushing over referee Paul Alcock in 1998

10 games: Former Southampton player David Prutton for shoving referee Alan Wiley in 2005

10 games: Rotherham defender Kirk Broadfoot for abusive/insulting words against Wigan in 2015

9 games: Paul Davis of Arsenal for punching Southampton's Glenn Cockerill in 1988

8 games: Liverpool's Luis Suarez for racially abusing Patrice Evra in 2011

5 weeks: Man United's Roy Keane for comments made in his autobiography in 2003
The racially abuse....
Might take a few years til the truth reveal itself, probably when the books are out.

I am not defending Suarez, the stuffs he did were beyond me at times. However, hard to believe that a guy like him would be racist. I too grew up in different places, I too being called Chinese by people.... Some were kind, some were neutral, and some meant it offensively. Being thrown all around the world growing up, makes races less important, people are. I just don't think Suarez Negrito meant to be racist.... Like when a black african american calling each other the "N" word.... It usually isn't even offensive when a minority calling each other or fellow minorities the slank.

Then again, what do I know? Let's leave it to the people who knows best.... FIFA decided and the punishment had been taken; What's done is done.
Danny414 (Real Madrid) 3 days ago
Yeah try calling any black man anything with the first three letters nig
^Nigeria?
Danny414 (Real Madrid) 2 days ago
Nice teja but depends on how you pronounce it
Can't wait to see the full squad together with Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke, Can.

Wasn't the most exciting game but let's be real, pre season is about fitness (winning is a bonus)
Goiko (Athletic Bilbao) 3 days ago
Https://youtu.Be/hB2TogK74Eg

Firmino's goal was so good that the Hoffenheim mascot received a red card

5 best Firmino goals from 2014:

Https://youtu.Be/sE-pdHpU8sk
LesRouges (Liverpool) 3 days ago
---------Benteke--------
Courthino------------Ibe
---lalana------Jordan---
---------Milner---------
Gomez---------------Clyne
-------SAkho--Skertl-----
--------Mignolet---------

Based on our pre season and the players we bought. I find it very hard to leave lalana, I be, Milner, clyne and Gomez out of our starting line up for the first game of the season
Looks good. So pumped for the season!
This is a solid lineup.... Considering even Firmino can't break into it, given the pre-season form of the other players

Kick4Life - changing lives through football