Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Chat
Madder (Liverpool) 1 day ago
I was in the tropical forest for almost a week....  Coming out seeing klopp already here!    Yippie ka yay!
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 1 day ago
I wish I could go sleep and wake up a week later to when spurs is playing us. I really can't wait
Madder (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Hahaha we need time.... I am wishing time to move slower.... So klopp have more time to prepare!
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 day ago
What do you lads think for Spurs? Is Klopp going to set the team to defend then hit on the counter? Or a high pressing game to force Spurs into mistakes?

I know it's still a ways away but I'm really excited. Want to see Benteke get some minutes and prove himself why we bought him!
Fernandez (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Gegenpress, not sure if would be effective against Spurs, as we are facing a team with technical abilities
Teja7 Yesterday
Benteke is set to return against Spurs?
Colinmc (Liverpool) Yesterday
Think Benteke's quality is obvious, but Sturridge and Ings look way better together right now. I think Klopp will definitely use more attack minded formations which is good. Probably won't see a three back again
Shalafi (Liverpool) 1 day ago
I found this on Daily mail:
Juuuuurrrrrgen Klopp Klopp Klopp,
He’s the new king of the Kop,
Jurgen Klopp Klopp Klopp,
He will take us to the top,
Champions League, FA Cup,
He will win the f*****g lot,
With Jurgen Klopp Klopp Klopp,
He’s the new king of the Kop!

Edit: https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=0lzCjY0PuZI
Tobes (Liverpool) Yesterday
To what tune? Agadoo?
Shalafi (Liverpool) Yesterday
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Robert Lewandowski links    The joys of a Top manager on board
Filip90 (Liverpool) 1 day ago
This has to be the shittiest rumor ever lmao
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 1 day ago
It's what happens when ever new manager comes in.    Links from their ex players happens.    
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 day ago
Reus would at least be somewhat believable. He's been playing sub-par for about a year, often injured and he's not a star player of perhaps the second best team in the world
Eggyolk (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Yeah which reminds me of BR and Joe Allen....
Fernandez (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Not a chance in hell. Lewandowski from Bayern to Liverpool
PaRa (Liverpool) Yesterday
It's a far stretch, but I do think Liverpool can land quality players now with klopp having the final say now
Pewpew (Liverpool) Yesterday
^ Nope we still have moneyball owners. Only reason klopp was brought in was to make the like of lallana into reus and joe allen into gundogan
PaRa (Liverpool) 18 hours ago
I don't know if I agree with that Pewpew. I normally agree with a lot of what you say, but it has to be said they have been splashing money on players - but on the wrong ones unfortunately. They just made bad decisions. I think Klopp can turn it around, but not this year
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 1 day ago
Kosicke (Klopp's agent): "There's no other club in the world, he'd come back to coaching this early! Only for Liverpool!"
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 1 day ago
I just watched Klopp's press conference again. The whole "doubter to believer" thing is a great point. It's probably the overriding message.

For us LFC fans, we have been lacking any real feel of progression, for fair reasons. There's been no feeling of any optimism towards the future (at least I have), no matter how much we spend. Yes, we have had a few blips, during Rafa's years (but that was shattered by our owners) and 13/14 season (which was a mirage), but no continuous building of confidence, within the club as a whole. And believe it or not, that translates over to the players.

We need to start looking at the bigger picture, Klopp states. I hope that means he's here for the long run, which I have no reason to doubt he wouldn't be. Anyone who has been a supporter for long enough knows this has been a hard thing to do. But, this club is and always has been about the supporters. We are the club! We've been through so much s**t, no doubt, but it is our time to shine! Let's support that hell out of the club, the manager, and most importantly the players. Bad results may happen, but striving through them to create a better future is worth it.

In the management, the players, and ownership we trust. Let's try and enough ourselves again. Give them hell boys!
LFC4LIFE333 (Liverpool) 1 day ago
^agree mate. And to co-insign to what you said lets all be prepared for a new landscape of transfers, 'cause this guy has a eye for talent. Don't be surprised when klopp buys theses 1mill, 3mill 4mill signings klopp believes the same as me that a 5mill player can be just as good as a 25mill player look at the guy track record its crazy. For ie he bought that polish striker (sorry can't spell his name)lol for 3mill.... 3mill. Look at him now and the list goes on, the last player we bought without looking at price tag what team he played for his reputation was big Sami.... 3. 5mill if I remember rightly and what a great cb he was for us we bought him 'cause we felt he cud do the job and he did it well yes there will be the odd player we might buy for 20plus but mainly klopp wants players what give their heart and soul on the field mixed wiv quality
Bplittle (Liverpool) 1 day ago
YNWA was played at Old Trafford as a Scouser was the DJ for the rugby match hosted there! Hahaha

Tobes (Liverpool) Yesterday
DJSpoony for Prime Minister!
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 days ago
We will do great things with klopp, no doubt. But I will not be surprised if we drop points against spurs next week. An away game against a spurs team who is in decent form is always a formidable opponent.

I don't want to be overconfident and expect a win in klopp's first ever premier league game. Some adapting is going to be needed no doubt.

All I want to see is more energy in the players, more teamwork involved, and players used the right way.
Footster (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Yep not expecting a win but surely looking forward to Klopp's first game and moreso the body language and desire of the team. Should be some improvement even if it is only 10%
Pewpew (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I think a win is vital. He must show he can walk the talk and players and fans will get confidence from a win. We know how to beat spurs we just have to execute our plans
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Didn't Spurs beat Man City? It won't be an easy game. Though I'm hoping the players are trying to impress the new manager and put in a great effort
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 1 day ago
Klopp is a great coach, I love his style of play. However, expecting an immediate effect is very unlikely. He had a decent squad in his last season at dortmund, a great football spine from GK to ST, even without Lewa and Gotze, yet he finish 7th in the league. Not to cause any offence, but in German league they only have 2 to 3 main rivals, Bayern, Dortmund and Wolfsburg (Maybe). In EPL, it's not easy to beat teams like soton, leicester or even west ham. Plus, IMO, Liv current squad is behind his Dortmund squad though, he needs time to fix things
Goiko (Athletic Bilbao) 1 day ago
^BuLi is underrated and PL is a bit overrated. Bayern, BVB, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Leverkusen, Gladbach would all give PL teams a hard time
Xgooner4everX (Arsenal) 1 day ago
Didn't Leverkusen bend over to Moysies United?
Goiko (Athletic Bilbao) 1 day ago
^2 seasons ago, but they gave a very good game to Barca at Nou Camp just recently. Calhanoglu, Bellarabi, Toprak, Leno- they have some cracking players
Diontan524 (Arsenal) 1 day ago
I do not said PL has the best clubs than others, just saying it's way more competitive. Truth is Bayern, Real madrid and Barcelona has too much qualities in their respective league. It's always the same winner. Atletico will drop sooner or later, rich clubs will just keep coming and buy their stars. I would not deny teams that you mentioned will give PL clubs a hard time, but bayern is just way too much qualities and rich in their league. League games are like friendlies for bayen though, but it's not the same story at PL, Even bottoms club would win against top clubs. My conclusion is PL is more competitive, but definitely not having the best club in the world right now, way behind the likes of PSG, Real, Barca and Bayern
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Has Klopp brought in his own back room staff yet?
DaniPak (Arsenal) 2 days ago
In his interview he said he brought two of his "mind brothers".... Klopp got so much swagger, it will be fun to watch his interviews and press conferences!
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Yes, Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz....    One of them (Peter) was there at u18 match yesterday.... I saw in one of pictures.
Skorm123 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=LHGxHDKxTlY  ^Peter talking to Pep
Sergio (Footytube Moderator) 2 days ago
Okay awesome
Lfc140812 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Wow Skrom.... Thanks man !
YungGunner (Arsenal) 2 days ago
Klopp will change the club, orginzation and players. I'am very jealous that you guys got him. He's a modern Wenger with swagger in his coaching abilities.

I've already support you guys, but now I have more reasons to support you guys. Lol take it easy when you guys play us.

I BET sterling would've LOVE TO WORK WITH klopp. LMAO
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Sterling would've loved to work with arab money in lfc
Damn still cannot believe you got Klopp, just brilliant cope for you
BenBro (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Cheers Dani, over the moon about it! Exciting times for the mass majority of Liverpool fans!
Unbelivable4026 (Liverpool) 2 days ago
And I still can't believe that beauty you have as your picture used to date Macaulay Culkin! I mean I'm no looker or anything, but if she dated that troll for like a decade, I'd have to have a chance
Current Squad

GK - Mignolet, Bogdan
CB - Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Gomez, Toure
RB - Clyne, Flanagan
LB - Moreno, Enrique
CDM - Lucas, Allen
CM - Allen, Can, Henderson, Milner
CAM - Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino
RW - Ibe
ST - Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi

Klopp has to get the best out of this squad till january. Biggest question mark is defence and inability to score goals. For the past 18 months that has been the problem we cannot score more than 1 goal to save our lives and we cannot keep clean sheets.

Klopp will have to quickly figure out his best back 5 and instill in them confidence and belief to try and get the best out of them otherwise I can see him fixing the defence in january. Defence is the core to building great teams and this team just doesn't give a s**t about defending set pieces and defence ever since brendan was around.

I don't even want to talk about midfield and attack right now. First and foremost I want us to keep things tight at the back and stop conceding silly goals and if this doesn't happen till january. I want the idiots gone and klopp to bring the players who he feels can do the job
I have a feeling Lovren would be boss under Kloppo!
I don't see any of the things you mentioned above as a problem for Klopp. I've always said that we have a more than capable squad. BR simply didn't know how to set up his defence, Just putting defenders there is not enough, you need to coach them and I don't think BR knew the first thing about that.... You will see us being wild in a few weeks time. Crack open a pint, sit back and watch!
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 2 days ago
I don't even think that we practiced defending under BR
KingLucas (Liverpool) 2 days ago
We need a world class cm/cdm so Klopp brings in Goundugan or Bender.    Then we destroy every other team.
Back 5 needs to be fixed first
YungGunner (Arsenal) 2 days ago
Every area in the club needs fixing. BR has been spending money on average players and raw potentials.

Klopp can fix it, it may take time (couple seasons), but you guys cannot ask for a better manager than Klopp
Kop4Ever (Liverpool) 2 days ago
It's a much better squad than 2 years ago apart from Suarez and Sterling.

This is still the team that gave Suarez the ammunition 2 years ago with added additions of Clyne, Milner, Firmino, Ings and Benteke

Klopp just putting the players in their right places should have a instant Improvement
Gunner, I think we have a pretty decent squad. I think Sturridge, Firmino, Clyne, Benteke, Hendo, Sakho, and possibly Milner and Moreno would make the Arsenal squad. Majority would be starters. These players have just been managed very poorly.

Lucas, I'm not sure I would classify either of them as world class. I guess Gundogan could be, maybe in a few years. To anchor of midfield I still believe Krychowiak should be our main target
YungGunner (Arsenal) Yesterday
4026, I agree, that's what I meant, BR didn't know how to manage them to reach their full potential
Fernandez (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Klopp's marquee signing in Dortmund is mental. He managed to sign them at such cheap price compare to what they have become now.

Hummels - £3. 6m from Bayern
Piszczek - Free from Herta Berlin
Lewandowski - £4. 1m from Lech Poznan
Reus - £15m from Gladbach
Gundodgan - £4m from Nuremburg
Kagawa - I believe he was free as well
KingLucas (Liverpool) 2 days ago
What about the best player in Dortmund right now?  Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 days ago
Kagawa cost something like 300k euros lol. He was a steal as well
Aubameyang was only like 9-10 M. I remember wanting LFC to go after him then. Was very promising for St. Etienne
The thing is you can buy average players and turn them into rockstars by making them believe that they can and getting them to play with their heart
Not every successful team goes and buys proven players, the key is in developing players...
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 2 days ago
Not to mention Gotze who came through the academy

Kick4Life - changing lives through football