Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
Line-up For Next Season
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Its now almost certain that we are gonna' a sign a winger, a midfielder and a LB. I was wondering how they are gonna' fit into the team.
For instance say we are signing Young and charlie adam, How they are gonna' fit in the lineup? Both are too good to be benched, Carroll, suarez, lucas and gerrard are definite starters. Which leaves only 2 spots remaining and we got 4 quality players fighting for that spot. (Kuyt, young, adam and raul)
So what do you think will be the line-up next season whos gonna' get demoted to the bench?

JohnR1 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Reina
Flanagan Carra Skrtel

Spearing
Gerard
Kuyt Johnson
Meireles
Carroll
Suarez

LORDETHAN1997 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What about johnson and adam, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , (rodriguez)
DarrenLFC (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I would like to see

---------------------Reina
Kelly-----Carra--------------Agger-------Coentrao

-----------Gerrard--------------Meireles----------

----Young---------------------------------Adam Johnson

-----------Suarez----------------Carrol-----------

I just don't think carrol has the speed to be the striker ahead of Suarez although Suarez has a great touch and go style I still think with 2 new wingers that they could provide the crosses and through balls to either Carrol or Suarez
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
_____________________________Reina_____________________________
_____Kelly______Mertesacker_________Agger_________Coentrao_____
__________________________CharlieAdam__________________________
______AlexisSanchez_________Gerrard___________AshleyYoung______
____________________Suarez___________Carroll___________________

Subs-: *Goalkeeper*, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Marveaux, Lucas, Kuyt, Miereles, Wolfswinkle
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't think charlie adam can play as a holding midfielder
Well.... There is a HUGE probability in our favor to get him this summer, and I think he will is the replacement for Gerrard. But until Gerrard retires, Adam has to play as a holding mid, or sit on the bench. Which ever fancies KING kenny!
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
EPL Team
------------------------Reina--------------------------
Johnson--------Cahill-----------Agger------------Baines
---------------Gerrard----------Meireles---------------
Sanchez-------------------------------------------Young
---------------Suarez-----------Carroll----------------

Cup Team
-------------------Hennessey--------------------
Kelly-----Carragher---------Wilson---------Insua
-------------Lucas-----------Adam---------------
Jarvis----------------------------------Marveaux
---------------Kuyt--------Wickham--------------

Baines 15m
Sktrel+7m for Cahill
Cole+12m for Young
Sanchez 30m
Jones+2. 5m for Hennessey
Adam 10m
N'gog+4m for Wickham
Jarvis 9m

Sell
Soto, Poulsen, Maxi, Jova, Konchesky, Aquilani
Loan Pacheco, Shelvey, Amoo, Gulasci

Final price should be around 60m for the best team in the world...
Tanair (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kuyt is playing every game.... For sure.... Cup or league...
Kuyt is playing every game.... For sure.... Cup or league...
Skrtel's gonna' be defender of the season next year, I dono how ya could leave him outa that team !?  
TomArctic (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Did you see the report from David Moyes on Baines? I think we can pretty much rule him from existence as far as we're concerned. It'd be a dream to see Coentrao playing for us
Jibberjabber (Liverpool) 3 years ago
7 goals in 3 games, no way in hell we're selling maxi rodriguez!
Exactly iv'e been trying to explain to everyone
[account-removed] 3 years ago
_____________________________Reina_____________________________

Johnson_____________Skertel____________Agger___________Coentrao

______________________________Lucas_____________________________

_____________________________Gerrard___________________________

Lennon____________________________________________________Hazard

_________________________________________Suarez________________
_________________________Carrol__________________________________
We need kuyt to play.... Its incomplete without him...
I agree with tanair, we're nothing without kuyt!
And rodriguez!
Zosoholeh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
------------Reina-------
Johnson-Cahill-Agger-Enrique
Jarvis-Gerrard-Lucas/Merieles-Vargas/ or Nene from PSG, take a look at him
----Suarez------Carroll-----
Reina
Johnson mexes mertesacker coentrao
ADAM
Gerrard honda
Suarez carroll young

Subs:
Goalkeeper - gulasci
Fullbacks - kelly, flanagan, insua, aurelio
Centrebacks - skrtel, wilson, ayala, carragher, agger
Defensive midfielders - lucas, m'vila, spearing
Attacking midfielders - meireles, aquilani, COLE, shelvey
Wingers - jarvis, marveaux, MAXI, KUYT
Strikers - SUSO, pacheco, VAN wolfswinkel
Wow, football is unpredictable but this definitely isn't going to happen. Honda isn't leaving CSKA for 18 months when his contract is up, Mertesacker isn't for sale for anything we'd pay, Coentrao isn't coming to England
I think there's a reason why you named yourself 'JibberJabber'. LOL
I think there's a chance honda might come to liverpool especially after standard chartered's request for asian players. Probably FSG will oblige and spare a good few bucks to bring him in. You might be right about mertesacker, but there's enough articles out there that link him to liverpool or at least, an english club. From all the left backs liverpool, whether it's jose enrique, baines, izaguirre, fabio coentrao seems to inspire the most confidence. I wanted to add alexis sanchez to this list as well but I couldn't decide where he'd fit in my 4-1-2-3 formation and a player of his calibur wouldn't stay on the bench. And as for backup strikers, it has to be somebody 8 or 9m quid so I came up with van wolfswinkel
Honda said he wasn't going to leave, in fact he promised the fans he'd stay. Enrique seems much more likely than Coentrao. I have seen very little in terms of reliable sources that say we are even interested in Coentrao, the forums have stirred up a lot of stuff. I think if he goes anywhere it'll be Bayern Munich with whom he has been linked seriously with. Sanchez is going to be extremely expensive, though probably not impossible
LTUKicker (Liverpool) 3 years ago
For some reason I would agree on a change between Konchesky and Enrique
For some reason I would agree on a change between Konchesky and Enrique
Dude, i've realised, leighton baines is the way. Awesome defender plus awesome coming forward putting in crosses and passes. Plus he's got the 4th highest number of assists this season
Beeing a fan of LFC and knowing the rivalary between Everton and LFC I don't want any players from Everton no matter how good they are
Well that's true.... But we've had Evertonians play for Liverpool in the past. Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and Jamie Carragher, for example. Besides the Everton/LFC rivalry ain't as rough as the Man Utd/ LFC rivalry. I'd put a bounty over any Man Utd player's head joining Liverpool rather than an Everton player
Paul Ince. Was at Manchester United for over 6 years, lasting from 1989 to 1995. Making 206 appearances and scoring 24 goals.
He was at Liverpool from 1997 to 1999, making 65 appearances and scoring 14.

But Leighton Baines is really good.... And he might want to play for Liverpool considering his England future.... Taking in mind that Mikael Arteta has never played for Spain possibly because he is playing for Everton which is not considered a very big club anymore...
Yeh, Juan Mata might repeat history if he joins Liverpool and signs for a 2 year contract then stays for another if Dalglish chooses him for another season like Paul Ince with Graham Souness and Gerard Houllier and might make more goals than Ince with the great playmakers Liverpool have for the likeings of Meireles, Kuyt and Gerrard. Should be a good future for Mata!
We NEED Sanchez.... For real
Matt Jarvis is more suited to the English game.... And would be an easier buy than Alexis Sanchez...
Have you seen Sanchez play? The kid is 3x the player Jarvis is and has the potential to become one of the world's best
Udinese are not going to sell him easy.... I'm just saying that Jarvis is a more realistic target.... And Kenny is more inclined towards young english talent.... There are more chances of seeing Jarvis in red next season than Sanchez
Buy jarvis and marveaux for squad depth and young and hazard as starting wingers
Of course, if we do build a formidable squad by this summer, kenny wouldn't rotate the squad so much will he? While squad rotation seems to work for fergie and those manure brats for some reason, it definitely isn't working for mancini's man city. But then shouldn't it work for kenny? He picked kelly, flanagan and spearing as starters and then put his faith in young robinson who played for well over an hour and they all shone when they were given the chance. But then again recently jovanovic and cole and maxi seem to be nowhere. Even though we criticize them a lot they do deserve a chance don't they? Now imagine if we had a full squad with 2 or 3 really good players in every position, will kenny still play the same team most of time and leave out a few players or will he rest some players sometimes and give others a chance?
You have to cross out Maxi from the list, he's explosive now
Which just shows that if kenny gives someone a chance they can really sparkle! I wrote that 3 weeks ago before maxi got chosen for the birmingham game and now I can proudly eat my words!
Matt Jarvis would be perfect for Liverpool.... I'd lke to see

------------------------Reina--------------------------
Johnson--------Cahill-----------Agger------------Insua
---------------Gerrard----------Lucas---------------
Matt Jarvis------------Meireles------------------Suarez
---------------------Carroll----------------

Suarez likes to play as a left sided attacking midfielder.... He did so for both uruguay and Ajax.... He likes to cut in to his right foot and shoot....

Charlie Adam would be a really bad purchase.... We have a packed midfield.... Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, jay spearing (who was amazing against Arseanl and deserves more playing time)
And Jonjo Selvey.... Who is an excellent prospect....

I bet gerrards minutes will go down next season and we'll be seeing a lot more of psearing and Shelvey....

Somehow I can't fit Kyut into the lineup.... I'd like to see him as a striker.... As a backup for carrol/Suarez....
Matt Jarvis is a left winger. But other than that, that formation makes sense
P. S we need to play kuyt some how.... Some where.... He'll be at his best even if put him in the goal...
P. S we need to play kuyt some how.... Some where.... He'll be at his best even if put him in the goal...
----------------------Reina-------------------------
-----Kelly------Cahill-----Skrtel------Coentrao-----
--------------------------Lucas---------------------
-----------------Gerrard----------------------------
-------Hazard------------------------AshleyYoung----
----------------------------Suarez------------------
-----------------Carroll----------------------------
Khaimet (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Nice!
Hazard is more likely to go to Arsenal than Liverpool.... Ashley Young was a done deal in january till Torres threw his tantrum, I hope we can renegotiatie with Houllier, maybe he has a soft corner for his former team....

Kyut is still missing.... We have to find a way to play Kyut.... Maybe LB if Coentrao doesn't show up....
Kyut as a LB what else, next season we will se him as a GK
Sirius (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kuyt is not going to play at left back. Despite his work rate, playing him at left back will get our left wing torn by speedy wingers like Walcott and Bale
Merseyside (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Johnson-Skrtel-Cahill-Enrique    Kuyt-Gerrard-Lucas-A. Young    Suarez-Carroll
CannibalSuarez (Liverpool) 3 years ago
The priorities should remain a CB, LB, DM, lw/rw !
CB : Cahill, Shawcross
LB : Coentrao, Baines, Enrique
DM : Mohamed Diame, M'Vila
Rw/lw : Hazard, Young, Navas
Gommey4 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
-------------De Gea------------
Johnson--Carra---Agger---Enrique
-------------Lucas-------------
Kuyt--------Gerrard--------Young
-------------------Suarez-------
-------------Carroll------------

No Reina only because I think he will want to go in the summer. Enrique is a done deal although not my first choice personally. Young I think will be our big signing. Any other deals will be for depth, I don't think the starting lineup will change dramatically. Expect to see players like N'gog, Cole, Kyrgiakos leaving. Bench next year; a new or younger keeper than Brad Jones (probably Gulasci), Spearing, Kelly, Jonjo, Skrtel, Marveux, and I would love Lukaku but maybe Wickham or a simelar young talent. The way the transfer market is these days i'd say that's all we will get with the rumoured £50 mil
Honestabe (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I think this is the most likely except I don't think reina will leave, I like kuyt and young on the wings, I still think we should see some outside backs come in apart from enrique but he's good enough
Reina says he's staying
Harvnic (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Don't need any defenders or cm's because thers so many ways they can be set up
-------------reina------------
Kelly--Carra--skertel--johnson
---- -Lucas------spearing-----
-----------gerrard------------
----Kuyt--------------suarez--
------------Carroll-----------

Johnson--kelly-skertel--agger-
---- -Lucas------spearing-----
-----------meireles-----------

Carra---agger--skertel--kelly/johnson
---- -Lucas-------gerrard-----
-----------meireles-----------

We just need one winger/forward as good as suarez in the shape of nani, nasri or silva
________________________reina________________________

Johnson_______carraagher______agger__________aurelio
(kelly) (skrtel) (kyriakos) (buy one)
(robinson) (flanagan)

________________________lucas________________________
(jay S)

Raul______________________________________________kuyt
(joe cole) (maxi)

________________________gerrard_____________________
(one new attcking midfielder or raul sometimes)

______________suarez_______________carroll__________
(joe cole) (ngog/jovanovic)

We need winger.... And I think opitonal LB.... I think aurelio is okay there.... And a proper 3rd striker.... Plus I want gerrard to score long range goals.... So I kept him there...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football