Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
January Transfer Window
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
As there's already some talk hovering about the Liverpool Chat forum about the upcoming transfer window, I thought I'd start a topic here to put all rumours/preferred players etc here!

Who do you think we need for the next transfer window? What positions are needing to be filled for the next number of months?

Personally, I think the big problem at the moment is the need for a creative midfielder. It doesn't matter what position he's at (although I'd prefer the right) but we really do need one
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think we badly need a good stiker.... We have been creating a lot of chances but we could not really convert most of it and in the end we drop some points
Nikhil19 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We've got the play maker.... We need a natural finisher
Marty1972 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Liverpool do need a striker now suarez is out. Bent isn't that bad !
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Heres a rumour:

"When the winter transfer window opens Lyon will not be the only team showing an interest in Boudebouz. Reportedly Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and fellow Ligue 1 clubs PSG and Marseille will all be joining the orderly queue."

Link: www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-foot...
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Loan:
Wilson
Coady
Spearing

Sell:
Skrtel (push Kelly to CB)
Aurelio
Maxi

Buy:
Adam Johnson 23mil
Keita 8mil (3-4 year deal)
Ramierez 12mil
Cahill 10mil not my first choice, but a good buy as Carragher's replacement, as the solider should hang up his EPL boots this summer and allow Kelly and Coates to push on through
ST (3 year deal)

My options for strikers are clinical finishers that are in their prime. We get them for 3 years so Carroll and Morgan can develop.

Jermaine Defoe-29, English, clinical, not getting time at Tottenham, and EPL proven. Plus he won't stay more than 3 years 10-12mil
Oscar Cardozo-28, wicked left foot, clinical in Portugal, big enough to handle the EPL, not too many injuries. 15mil
Klass-Jan Huntelaar-28, lethal in Holland, having a good season this year, speaks dutch like Suarez, International as well. We can hussle Schalke too. Off load dead wood such as Maxi or Aurelio and pay them 13mil (so they make a little profit) Maybe throw in Wilson on loan.

1. Huntelaar
2. Defoe
3. Cardozo

Probably won't happen as that would be spending 65-70mil in January, but we need good player or our players now need to perform.... I would love this team

-----------Reina-------------
Johnson-Cahill--Agger-Enrique
-----------Lucas-------------
Johnson---------------Downing
----------Gerrard------------
--------Suarez-Huntelaar-----

-------------Doni--------------
Kelly-Carragher-Coates-Robinson
---------Keita---Adam----------
-----------Henderson-----------
Ramierez----Carroll-----Bellamy

Kuyt hasn't been that good this season.... Rotate him in with Bellamy or sell him
Liverpoolmagic (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sell maxi?
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Would love to get Adam Johnson, but surely not for 20+ million!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Double post, sorry
Kappas (Liverpool) 2 years ago
How the f**k is Maxi dead wood? He's one of our top creators at the moment, and why sell skrtel to buy cahill? Pointless. Yet I insist on buying a reliable finisher in january
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We only need a good striker man.... Selling skrtel and maxi? Have you been watching football lately.... Man they are really performing
Sell Skrtel and Maxi? Never
Kuyttheman (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yeaa dude sell skrtel you must not have seen him play lately he's a beast. If we pay 20 mill for any player i'd like that to be Torres we need a striker and him with suarez guaranteed to be unstoppable
Weezer (Liverpool) 2 years ago
LOL at selling Skrtel. Have you not seen him play with agger or Carra? He is a beast. Last season it was the greek/Johnson/Aurelio and maybe at times Skrtel who messed up but not so bad that he should be sold.

Huntelaar could actually happen. Defoe and suarez don't click in my head. If we get say a javi martinez with huntelaar and suarez up top. THEN ITS champions league YEAR IN YEAR OUT
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 2 years ago
He is...
Some transfer rumours beginning to crop up already as there's 44 days until the opening of the January transfer window.

For the in's -

Aly Cissokho (24, Lyon) - a LB but apparently can operate in midfield. He's wanted by both Newcastle and Liverpool, but has said that he'd prefer a move to Anfield. There were rumours last transfer window as to getting this player, and because Damien Comolli has good relations with Lyon, a cut price deal of £6million could be negotiated.

Seamus Coleman (23, Everton) - This might be a bit of a shock rumour. Coleman can play on the right, and considering that a) Liverpool desperately need a RW and be) Everton need funds, it could be a compromise. It could also solve our current problems on the right. Manchester United are also said to be interested in the Irishman.

Ryad Boudebouz (21, Sochaux) - an attacking midfielder. He's wanted by both Liverpool and Real Betis, with Liverpool giving the incentive of guaranteeing him a starting spot in the side.comolli is a known admirer of the midfielder and has reportedly already held talks with Sochaux officials as they attempt to bring the Algeria international to the club, but the price will be a bit steeper at £14 million.

Philippe Coutinho (19, Inter Milan) - a midfielder who is unhappy at being left on the fringes of the first grade team. No price set as of yet for the midfielder.

Lucas Rodrigues (19, Sao Paulo) - a midfielder who is going to probably be the hottest player on demand this January - Liverpool, Manchester United, AC Milan and Real Madrid are all vying for his signature. Inter are apparently weighing up paying £25 million for the midfielder. Expect the price to go higher, especially since Sao Paulo are reluctant to lose the midfielder in the January window.

Juan Manuel Vargas (28, Fiorentina) - LW and LB, and Fiorentina are ready to sell this player. There were rumours last transfer window that Liverpool would get him prior to the swoop for Jose Enrique. No price set yet.

Lars Bender (22, Bayer Leverkusen) - midfielder, merely only watching and speculation at this stage. Bender's contract expires in 2014, so the price could be a little steep to get him.

Admir Mehmedi (20, FC Zurich) - striker, with interest from Liverpool, Sunderland and Nuremberg. Steve Bruce has set him as a target, so Liverpool are also suddenly interested in the youngster.

Andy Polo (17, Universitario) - striker, expected to have joined Schalke, but Universitario reportedly turned down an offer of €2. 2 million from the German side. Liverpool, Arsenal and Real Madrid are also reportedly interested. Price could go as high as €9. 5 million for the youngster.

Outs -

None at this stage, but that's not to say that there may be some rumours of players apparently heading out the door
There is also the David Villa rumour that got the attention of a lot of people.... I'm not sure how much merit it actually has though
Add this as well, Christopher Samba apparently.
"Blackburn star defender set for Anfield switch"

Link: www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-c...

Surprising but not completely unwelcome
David Villa would be good to partner with Suarez, but I don't think Barca would get rid of him lightly.

As for Samba, he could be a realistic target - Blackburn after all are going crap. He could be an option to partner Agger in CM
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would wet my pants if villa came to liverpool. But he won't come cheap and he's 30 yrs old, so unless we can buy him for a reasonable price, forget it...
More rumours circulating -

Apart from the recent news of Christopher Samba (Blackburn, 27) as pointed out by JestaYNWA (thanks mate!) here's a few more circulating -

Riccardo Montolivo (26, Fiorentina, midfielder) - out of contract soon and has refused to sign a new one. Many Italian clubs are interested, which is a pity, if there wasn't he'd come for free at the end of the season.

Eric Abidal (32, Barcelona, defender) - out of contract soon too, but honestly I'd prefer Samba over him, he's too old.

Hugo Rodallega (26, Wigan, striker) - out of contract at the end of the season, valued at about £10 million or slightly less if shipped in the January window, possibly then for free in the summer, and doesn't want to stay at Wigan (understandably). Arsenal, Everton and Juventus are also interested
Samba, Leandro Damião, world class right winger  
Samba is a great player, but not sure if it would be his break. As for Leandro that will be a classy deal
More rumours filtering in -

Nathan Dyer (23, Swansea, winger) - Dalglish is willing to put in a £12 million bid for the winger after viewing his exemplary performance since Swansea was promoted. Liverpool will face competition from Everton and Newcastle for this player.... But is it honestly too early to go for his services, considering that Swansea have only been in the EPL for a few months?

Kevin Strootman (21, PSV, midfielder) - Liverpool leading the race to get the playmaker, and could easily match the €10 million price tag on offer.

Anthony Pilkington (23, Norwich, winger) - Liverpool are monitoring the progress of this player, and he could be offered cheaply in the region of £5 million. A steal perhaps?

Keep everyone, try to find a good deal for caroll. If not, keep him. He will get better I'm preety sure.

Buy Tevez, give him a ridicilous wage increase.

Get a Good Center Back, in my opionion Hummels and Subotic are both great Center backs and would love to have one of them.

Get a right winger - preferably someone who can actually run and cross
My Perfect Summer

In:
Hazard 40m
Eriksen 20m
Leandro Damião 15m

Out:
Aquilani 10m
Aurelio free
Kuyt 3m (maybe add to the Eriksen deal)
Cole 5m (maybe add to the Hazard deal)
Jones 1m

Loan:
Spearing
Shelvey
Wilson
Coady
Sterling

Gk: Reina, Doni, Hansen
Rb: Johnson, Flannagan, Kelly
Cb: Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Coates, Carragher
Lb: Enrique, Robinson, Johnson
Cdm: Lucas, Adam, Gerrard
Cm: Gerrard, Adam, Henderson
Cam: Gerrard, Eriksen, Henderson
Rm: Hazard, Maxi, Henderson
Lm: Downing, Bellamy, Maxi
St: Suarez, Damião, Carroll, Bellamy

1st team

-------------Reina------------
Jonson-Skrtel-----Agger-Enrique
----------Lucas-Gerrard--------
Hazard------Eriksen-----Downing
------------Suarez------------

2nd team

--------------Doni-------------
Flannagan-Kelly-Coates-Robinson
------Henderson--Adam----------
Maxi--------------------Bellamy
-------------Damião------------
------------Carroll------------
Of course the summer after that we have to replace Bellamy and Maxi.... But Sterling and Suso should be ready to make the jump.... Wilson replaces Carragher as 5th string CB
My 1st team would be as follows
----------Reina---------
Jhonson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
Lucas Adam
Hazard--- Gerrard--Bellamy
Suarez
----------Reina---------
Lucas Adam
Suarez
----------Reina---------
Lucas Adam
Suarez
GideonLFC (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Madness! Everyone in the squad is doin fine and they all deserve are full support to stay and contribute to the club. Once stevie g is fully fit it will be like a new signing.

My fear is an unfit lucas, but spearing can fill in or stevie g

Only addition I would like to see is another winger, ayew anyone? Or maybe give sterling a shot if we draw cardiff.

Our strike force is fine w/ kuyt, bellamy, carroll and suarez
GideonLFC (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I jynxed our player of the season! Now we need to find a quality DM to fill the role come january
Some more rumours to add to the ones here as the transfer window is coming close to opening -

Wilfried Zaha (19, Crystal Palace, striker) - Liverpool's been linked to this youngster for quite some time, and he's become more noticed after the 2-1 victory over Manchester United in the Carling Cup. A number of other clubs have also registered their interest. Dalglish is preparing a £5 million bid, but it could rise to £8 million with all the interest in the player.

Lucas Ocampos (17, River Plate, striker) - the Argentine teen sensation known as the "new Ronaldo". Not surprisingly then, this kid's been tracked by a number of big clubs - Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid. Whoever signs this kid will have to shell out £14 million according to River Plate, but it's understood that Liverpool are leading the race, with good links to South America thanks to Lucas, Suarez and Coates.

Adam Matthews (19, Celtic, defender) - Liverpool will have to battle Everton for this one. Everton have watched this kid for some time and are prepared to put in a £1. 5 million bid. However, Liverpool could trump them for this teen sensation.

Gaston Ramirez (20, Bologna, midfielder) - Another youngster getting heaps of interest, with Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid going to fight it out for this South American ace. However, Liverpool are favourites to snap up the Uruguayan for £15 million, especially with the influence of Suarez and Coates in the team.

Leroy Fer (21, FC Twente, midfielder) - A defensive midfielder who can also play on the back line, and has been getting rave reviews. Valued at £10 million, this guy could be good emergency cover for the injured Lucas.

Eduardo Vargas (22, Univesidad de Chile, striker) - Dalglish is in talks with the South American club for this hotshot, and he'd be valued at around £15 million. Could be a good option to partner with Suarez
Shwing (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would love to see Gastón on Liverpool. Also, don't forget about the young Twente striker, Luuk de Jong. He's either 21 or 22, and seems like he would be great for the team if Liverpool can get him for the right price
Omerta (Liverpool) 2 years ago
David Villa - My First choice.... Many of you say he is old.... But he has got the experience and he is playing really well.... Maybe 5-6 years more for him.... We need a partner for Luis Suarez.... Carrol is proving out to be a waste of money.... Bellamy is doing good, but he is here for a limited days.... With Lucas out, we need a midfielder and It is said We are trading Carrol for Tiote.... Personally I feel that's good.... Really good

And then we can always have some transfers that add depth to the team and make the team more stronger

David villa is my first choice striker
He has maybe 2 or 3 years depending on where he plays. The premier league will be too much for him at 30. Plus, the price to bring him to liverpool would be too high. There are better out there
He has maybe 2 or 3 years depending on where he plays. The premier league will be too much for him at 30. Plus, the price to bring him to liverpool would be too high. There are better out there
TomArctic (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Carrol for Tiote.... Are you MAD! Carrol needs a few seasons so we really can get our money's worth, , geeezeee! Get off the 'Carrol hating' band wagon and start supporting him, , He can defy all expectations.... Ahem lucas?
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Just one perfect striker....

If drogba is unsettled with chelsea, I think he has got few more yrs as a perfect striker and he wold be available in very cheap price I guess kenny should bid for him and if we can get that lethal striker we can just do awesome....
Hmohammed (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Tbh i'd rather go for domubia or soldado. Nothing personal but drogba is far too old for my liking
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Actually we have already spent more then 100 mn and he would be available in cheap and yes he is old but for time being we can have him just if in case we get injuries plus he is lethal at finishing and I still expect him to deliver his best for another 1-2 season maybe....
TomArctic (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Drogba's agent said he is avaliable to the club who'll pay him the most amount of money - There's no way we'll get him, I'm guessing he'll go to Saudi Arabia - not Anfield
Shalafi (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I just heard that Robert Lewandowski is watched by our scouts, not sure how much truth in this rumor but I think he might be a great partner for Louis

Kick4Life - changing lives through football