Forums / Liverpool
Order: Newest / Oldest
David Ngog, The Best Young Player In The EPL?
[account-removed] 5 years ago
He has delivered not only in the epl, but in the champions league, very lethal in front of goals. Could he be the next biggest star to arise from liverpool?
Liver92fan (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think so with some more experience, he might just be the striker that liverpool needs roght now
Cyrilyon (Olympique Lyon) 3 years ago
I think he isn't enough talented to play in Liverpool
Teja7 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
N'gog - the best young player in the EPL? Hardly! That made me Laugh Out Loud
There are many other young players that exceed him in that category.... He can't even compare to some of the Championship teams' young players. LOL
If we're looking at EPL....
-Cleverly
-Sturridge
-Martin Kelly
-Rafael
-Albrighton
-Welbeck
-Lennon
-Adam Johnson
-Hernandez
-Bale
-Nasri
-Walcott
-Ten more young players
-N'gog

This is what the ladder will look like if you look at N'gog and other young players.

I say sell N'gog off to Blackpool or West Ham.... To fund for summer target like CharlieAdam
Aliko (Barcelona) 5 years ago
He needs just more experience and I am confident that he can do this! He has skill!
Samreds8 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yes, well said, with a little more playing time, he could get a lot better than he already is
Khaimet (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Still young but he had some confidence which very is important to a striker. He'll be good soon
Which areas do you think he needs to improve?
The power to hold and control the ball. He needs to make himself more tougher and sharpen to make defenders more terrify when he near the penalty box
I think for a young player he protects the ball well, and has the slick touch of henry but it would help if he could get the same power as drogba.... Heaven
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Strength, pace, and a little bit sharper in front of the goal.... More lethal
Aliko (Barcelona) 5 years ago
To have a tactical eye is very important!
Azeal (Liverpool) 5 years ago
One thing I notice that he lacks a lot.... Positioning! Then Team play....  
Somere (Portmore Utd) 5 years ago
He could be the best young player at liverpool but not in the epl. I think dos santos deserves to be considered when speaking about young talent
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He is good. But after the injuries at spurs. It aint looking good. But I am rooting for him
Samreds8 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think he is, he has a lot of talent and really I don't think there are that many other players that could contend for the title of best young player in the epl
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He is learning so much from Torres, its fantastic. He always seemed like a bit of a dud until he was required this season, and now he can't stop scoring. Good news for us
He reminds me of 'soljaer' the baby face killer, he looks innocent but with a develish touch
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He is a great back-up to torres and he is improving a lot. He gets into good positions and has descent finishing ability.
You know one thing he has scoring rate better than Berba and michael owen!He scores a goal in 105 min whereas berba and owen gets a goal in around 185 min!
That is some crazy statistic when you compare his age.... Do you think we have a young eto in our hands?
You might never know!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
May be.... We have to wait and see. May be in another 1 or 2 years we ca find it!
Hulanji14 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Are you serious guys Ngog great back up for Torres? . We won't be in the 5th place if he is great back up
He is a great talent, we are talking about the best young player here, and he has been a good back up, do you really think any villa or eto would sit on the bench and wait for torres to get hurt to play? He is a very good option, keen to learn and progressing so rapidly
I agree that he is young and progressing but we can't depend on him as back up. I don't wanna blame him all the Liverpool problems but depending on him as a back up caused most of the problem. What we want is good strikers like Villa, Aguero and so on and having them in the team doesn't mean they have to sit on the bench but either can play with torres upfront. As you know the club is planning to sign Villa, do you think we are signing him to sit on the bench?
I would love to see villa at the club, but I doubt it, rafa as you know prefers to play with one striker, will be interesting to see what role villa plays when he joins...
Campionelfc1 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Its not really about what you want, its about what we can afford and what the other players want. Neither villa nor aguero will play second fiddle to anyone. N'gog has done really well he score rate in the EPL is one in every two games so that is amazing for his age and is good for any striker. I blame all the problems on kuyt, he waste so many chances and has a horrible touch so watch him in the next game and you will see how horrible he is for us. And you can't trust the papers, if you do then you can clearly see that the club has been trying to sign villa for the past four years
Teja7 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
"Campionelfc1 " does have point.... And I must say, well put forth
But still, I wud love to see Villa play for Liverpool.... A fellow Spainard playing upfront with his buddy (torres)
And I disagree with what you said about Villa or Kun playing second to Torres.... I dun think that they would hesitate to play second to such a skilled player, not saying that Villa or Aguero aren't skilled....
And another point.... No one on the entire team is second to Torres.... Rafa makes sure of tht
And certainly they won't let Villa or Aguero feel like they are second to torres, their popularity and skill on the pitch will even prove tht

I wish a miracle would happen and get Villa to play for Liverpool !
That wud be awesome

Ynwa
Liverpool needs another mature and experienced striker (it doesn't matter who) period. If we don't sign an striker in January we will hear alot of excuses from Rafa that we didn't scored goals because Torress was injured
That would be the greatest bargain ever!
After seeing what he can do on our last game. I believe he is learning a lot from torres. But I don't want the pressure to get to him thus why we need another striker in the mix. He will improve but lets wait. The more experience the better/
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Less diving the better as well But he's is getting better and will keep improving and learning with experience
MenUk (Manchester United) 5 years ago
If david engog gets the best young player of the year then I will smack my grand mother
That dude is the worst player ever to play in the premiership
No he aint the worse. He is really good. I admit I thought the same a few months back. But now I believe he is turning out to be an awesome striker for us
I truly believe MenUk has never said anything valid. Here here Kopforlife and Sergio
ArsenalFAN4EVER (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Leave it to a stupid Man UTD fan like MenUk to say something like that.... Idiot
Haha Well I'm a Man Utd Fan, He was just mocking me and trying to sound stupid
LOL
Mayankgerrard (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Guys guys guys....
David ngog....

Firstly if you don't score atleast you should assist.
He takes the ball away. What he does is go in the corner....

May be he ll become new eto'o but as for now he is worthless.

At lfc in present we don't have time to make players. We need experience, probably don't have to give it and see em become "eto'o" in 3-4 years.

Some say he 'll be a gud back up for torres.... !

Dude.... Torres and ngog.... !
What are you comparing....
Ngog's just good in france.... Not in lfc.... !

May be I am being rude but this is my opinion.... !
Sorry if I hurt someone with this.
YNWA.
Kuyt was only good in the netherlands but I don't see you trashing him, n'gog has a score rate of one in two in the EPL so he has shown that he deserves to play here. Its not like torres would have played well for us when he was twenty. He's twenty five now and is playing exponentially better then he did when he was twenty
Dude torres helped athletico out of relegation when he was 18. Became the captain at the age of 19.
So don't compare torres and ngog.... !

Ynwa
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
And after that what torres did for atleti?
What he did for AM was that he got them outta' relegation.... Thtz it.... End of story
And he found a better team and transferred.... Itz tht simple
So now what are you trying to point a finger at torres.
Lol....
Torres spent a long time at am. He wasnt just a player but a fan too. Similarly lfc was the only club in the world he loved other than AM. So he got a chance and he came to his dream club. Now that should be simple for you.

Next time when you point out at torres please think twice....

Ynwa
Mayankgerrard, torres may have been captain of his club at a young age, but he was not much much better than ngog at 20. I saw him play so many times for atletico at that age. He used to loose a lot of balls and needed 5 to 7 chances to score one. The reason they made him captain was to keep him as they knew he would become a very good striker just like owen was. I'm not saying ngog is better than torres but surely if you compare both at the same point in time in their career they are pretty similar.
And for your comments that we need mature players and don't have time to train players, am with you, that would be the best option but we can't afford it. Can we buy terry, villa, drogba, toti, messi, ronaldo, kaka, zlatan, essien, silva, suarez and the list goes on. Teh answer is NO!, so the only thing rafa can do and has done is buy really good young players to nurture them, then buy okay players for the moment to at least keep us in the top four. You have to look at least 5 years ahead to see where we are going. Sure he has made mistake, but with mid range players you are bound to make mistake, he gave babel a chance but he turned out to be a flop. So chil out, relax we are not going to win any league for at least 3 years, but after that we will be back in business, the roman empire wasn't built in 5 years lol. YNWA!
@kop4life

Dude I love your reply. Tottaly agree with you. I just wanted this kinda reply from one of the fans. I respect you for trying to understand my point of view. Thanx....

People were so offended by my post but I was just trying to give my opinion. Thanks. Your the dude. Thanks again.... Tc

Ynwa....

I tottaly get your point.
It's all good mate, as fans we should all be pointing in the same direction, I am devastated by the lost but like I said we are to expect many more, but we will get better. Trust rafa, today we all had a glimpse of pachecho, that's the kind of kid who are coming through, don't worry we will soon be very strong in all areas
Exactly.... We just have to believe in ourselves. I am sure sooner or later we will be on the right track. It ll be all fine
And yeah.... Rafa showed trust in lucas he started improving.
When will ngog improve.... !
He has played many games.
Insua is of almost same age of his.... If they can can bear the pressure of being a red why can't ngog.... !

Ynwa
Are you for real?
Do you even watch the games?
All I can say to people like you torresELNino is....    Ynwa.
REPRESENT !
C0oder (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If babel played as well as ngog had when he first got here he would be getting much more playing time
Can't agree more C0oder, he has been the biggest disappointment of our team for the past decade

Kick4Life - changing lives through football