Forums / Juventus
Order: Newest / Oldest
Celtic V Juventus, Feb 12
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 1 year ago
Celtic played quite decent. Probably deserved a draw at a push. I don't why everyone is criticising the referee when pushing and shoving in the box occurs in every game. But because it happened against a British team in Europe it's the worst thing ever....

Celtic could not finish off their chances and were sloppy in defence. That's why it ended 3-0.
Mt1234 (Bolton Wanderers) 1 year ago
British clubs like to do the pushing. They hate it when they get pushed
Albokk (Juventus) 1 year ago
Celtic "atmosphere" vs Juventus = 0-3 lol
Slippy (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Your arrogance and disrespect to Celtic is shocking
Hayleycomet (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Whats up with you slippy, pro british football?
I'm pro football, Celtic used negative tactics to beat Barca and got criticised for it but they can only play to their strengths. They brought the game to Juve today but Juve and Conte were fantastic. I disliked Juve's tactics when Celtic had corners, other refs would have penalised them for it but they got away with it and kudos to them. What annoys me are people like Albokk who laugh at Celtic, instead of showing some respect. To get this far on a low budget is a great achievement. Also, Celtic's 'atmosphere' is amazing, full house every champions league game unlike Juve
Noir853 (Juventus) 1 year ago
Slippy got a point though.

We should stay humble and football is round, like a wheel. This time we're up....Next time we might be on the downside.

And I couldn't represent everyone

But @slippy, this pic might disagree with your point on stadium crowd though.

Our arena just having a debut in champions league this season...And only match vs Chelsea was the high profile match (no disrespect to Shakhtar though). Just wait till the likes of Bayern,Barca,Real etc come visiting here
Brilliant tactical piece by Conte

We "let" Celtic "own" the ball after the 1st goal and ppl criticising us esp *cough*British*cough*pundits*cough* of defending & parking the bus. LOL

If Celtic would've got an early lead and decided to play like they did against Barca and beaten us 1-0. It would be branded as "heroic" effort. LOL again
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
You are very ignorant because Celtic compared to Juve is ridiculous!

Even though Celtic are just as big a club they do not have anywhere near the millions that Juve have. Their performances against Barcelona were heroic because of Celtic's financial limitations.

I don't think anyone is saying that Juventus parked the bus but they played 5 defenders and they did a lot of defending against a Celtic team that is probably worth the same as 2 of Juve's.

Your comment might've sound differently had Celtic won last night, just sayin

*and might I add Celtic playing in their home.... I prefer to call it fortress is nothing short of brilliant. Did you know their last home defeat was back then in 2004 and only to Barca? So we beating them in their own ground last night was nothing short of a great result. And honestly, not one person here would've predict Juve big win in Parkhead b4 the match
Look I am not a Celtic fan and if you read my comment above I said that I doubt even a narrow victory for Celtic would have been enough to take to Italy.... Just saying

Of course it's a great result for Juventus but your original comment was rude and lacked sportsmanship with the sarcastic 'heroic' and criticising Celtic's tactics against Barcelona. You're quick to forget Juve played 5 defenders against.... Celtic.

Most people in Britain expected Celtic to lose and a draw would be considered a great result. Also, Celtic's fortress record since 2004 is brilliant but they have rarely made it into the Champions League in recent years.

You could be more gracious in victory
Ah.... Now it's me that sounded 'cocky' and 'arrogant' instead....

But you decided to overlooked the always biased, cocky & arrogant british football pundits whose show less to no respect for other team beside of their own
Here it is, if you still think that we're arrogant & cocky    
Owen is congratulating Celtic on playing a good game against a European giant. Did you know Celtic made around E1, 000, 000 in TV rights this year? They can't attract big name players and they have very little money. Owen is just showing his respect, he's not being arrogant and cocky
Same here

I'd just shown my respect to Juve coach Antonio Conte for his brilliant tactical approach, but got misinterpreted as cocky & arrogant instead
Kayslay (Manchester United) 1 year ago
In conclusion u're both right.

Juve played to their tactics and whatever they were, "parking a bus" "dirty tactics" they worked for them and they have a leg in the Quarter final.

Celtic were brave to have Juve by the throat like that throughout the game, they had heart and purpose to task but in the end I feel they lacked execution on offence, which was the difference.
They had chances but couldn't convert, Juve had and converted.

The end
Owen really is a fool (from the pic). He thinks he still suits up for Liverpool or Madrid? Someone forgot to tell Mr pony-rider that his wages are paid by stoke CITY. Unbelievable
Noir853

I didn't accuse you of being arrogant or cocky.... And I didn't say anything negative about Juventus! What have I said that's so wrong?

You were ignorant and disrespectful towards Celtic! You have a problem with the British media but I didn't make these comments you are referring to.

All I am asking is that you should show more respect
Connections (Juventus) 1 year ago
The build up for Marchisio's goal was a beauty
The first goal from Ambrose's mistake was crucial and I think playing him was a mistake as he has only just returned from the African Cup. If he had scored that header then it would have opened up the game and with the crowd anything can happen.

As soon as the Italians get a lead they're typically happy to play deep with 5 defenders and look for the counter attack. Eventually, the Celtic defence lost their concentration. I think the scoreline is harsh on Celtic because they were not that bad. Still, I doubt a narrow victory would be enough to take to Italy.

Though when they do go to Italy, Celtic has to go all out. They have to go 100% at em. Makes for a good watch, its not over until the fat lady sings, ask Juve, one EL night at Craven Cottage will tell you a little
Brainsare (Juventus) 1 year ago
I've put a sizeable sum on Juve winning the champions league. Got to be the most thoroughly drilled and tight defence and midfield in the competition. We don't score much, but we concede even less, and the 3-5-2 is beautiful in that you're not relying solely on strikers for goals
InLoveSince96 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
TBH, Celtic 1st half made Juve look a bit vulnerable. Well done to Juve keeping a strong wall up while Celtic were raiding their line, but when Juve needed to keep the ball and pass it around, they gave it away a bit too much. I think the result flatters Juve. Luckily they scored within 3 minutes, which made it an easier game to play for them
As soon as you score 5-3-2
^correction.    It was 5-5-2, not 5-3-2    Don't be hating just bcoz we can execute the 3-5-2 formation brilliantly
I believe against a more potent attack Juve will be exposed. Celtic didn't have the personnel on offence last night to bring it to the Old Lady.
A bigger side with a more potent attack will put Juve to the sword
Spigy (Juventus) 1 year ago
You also need to realize that we are not at our best. Different teams need different tactics. We'll see how better teams do
Andrec (Celtic) 1 year ago
I'm with Kayslay on this one, if Celtic's attack was on form last night they could have scored on more than one occasion, and Celtic's attack on-form doesn't pack the caliber of teams like Real Madrid, Dortmund, Barca or Man United's. You's should do well because you have the talent and desire but the true elite teams will capitalize on their chances the way Celtic didn't
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Juve played some delicious footy today
Robertoalvarez (FC Barcelona II) 1 year ago
Whats up with this crapy highlights  
I was simple really, celtic wanted to play rugby so Juve responded with some catenaccio
The arrogance.    That doesn't even make sense.
You still didn't get over the chelsea loss? And arrogance? Nope just happy that Juve are the first italian team to win in this ground since 1969 and 2nd team after barcelona to win in the champions league era. Celtic were very physical and pushy and Juventus responded by defending very good and didn't allow them to do much. Do you get it now?
Celtic played rugby? Celtic are quite physical but not tonight. You must have been watching a different game to me. Lichtsteiner was acting like a rugby player from what I saw, at one point grabbing Hooper and pulling him in to the net
And I saw one "rugby" player in green & white hoops shirt with "Brown" written on his back

Btw Albokk these guys didn't even have any idea what a "catenaccio" means. To them its all about defending & parking the bus.

I'll stop here though
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
"I was simple really"  We've all gathered that already, but its good you're up to speed albok
"We've all gathered that already, but its good you're up to speed albok. " Good to know ! Thanks
Albokk

So you make a ridiculously stupid comment and I am apparently bitter about Chelsea losing to Juventus?

What has anything you said got to do with Celtic trying to play 'rugby'? Juventus were far more physical. It's as if they assumed that Celtic would be physical but it was the exact opposite.

It was a great result for Juventus, I am not denying that or the fact that they played very well. You are too sensitive....

That's one great thing about British football - respect for your opponent, dignity and self respect. Something that you clearly lack.
Zizuthelegend (AC Milan) 1 year ago
I am more annoyed to see Celtic play like this; I mean come on no good connection or link passing between the mid-field and the forward players. Horrible play at the back end with the goal keeper getting in the middle of a mess done by the defence.

Hate it when teams get an easy go, now I am not saying Juva got lucky. They played amazing at times with great control and connection in the front. But it was annoying to watch Celtics just give it away and not put a fight.

Geezze this is Champions Leagues and even the small teams from Turkey and Portugal do an amazing job at this stage of being do or die.

Waste of a game to watch this one
Ah, you haven't watched any matches in the Prem this year, have you? Spot on comment. Football here can be horrible, yet we all think we're the "best league in the world" or other tomfoolery
Andrec (Celtic) 1 year ago
Couldn't agree with you more Zizuthelegend, after the performances we put in this season in Europe, Juve got it comparatively easy last night. If Celtic were clinical as they were in the group stages they could have won that game, Ambrose's header staight into Buffon, Wanyama's header over the bar from 6 yards, Commons' overhead kick that just went wide etc etc.
However, I would say that's what the champions league is all about. It is a great test of a team to see if they can produce the goods when they make their chances. And if they can do it day in-day out, and home and away. This year Juve have shown they are capable, while we fell short of the mark. It's a shame it's probably game over after just 1 leg, as this could have been a really good double fixture if we'd got it right last night
Zizuthelegend (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Sorry, the one thing about this website that I don't like is that you don't get a chance to know who followed up with comments after your own post. I would have posted earlier but thanks for all the likes. True on all counts Andrec.

You know what I love about Celtics is that they are never scared. Last time I watched them crazy was when Barca had Ronaldino and they played both home and away in the champions league. Nail biting games. See there was passion and crazy atmosphere. I expected a lot and was watching both the PSG and Celtics game. But was hopping to see crazy stuff in the Celtics one.

Hope they go all out for the 2nd leg forget about going through or not play like FC Basel or Fenerbahce. Play the game result or no don't worry about it
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Those celtic fans turned up to see their team beaten by juventus
OH?! You mean just like how those Kop fans turned up to see their team beaten by WBA?
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Three tits in that avatar
Theyounggunner (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Kayslay take it easy bro he's only a fan of liverpool, sao paulo, manchester city, PSG, ac milan, juventus, napoli, porto, valencia, madrid, barca and athletico. He MUST know his stuff
Reventon (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I bet he's that dude on the right in the avatar, staring at those tits with them angry asian eyes
Hypk01 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Why play ambrose?

Yes he's a good player but he needed a rest from the Africa Cup of Nations.

He looked like he was still in africa
Djkikis (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Celtics manager was bit of a sore loser bout it too.... Told players to watch out for refferee? Shldve told them to play a better game...
VanDerAraf (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Congrats!

It's never easy winning 3-0 an away match in champions league, that showed a great personality from Juve. I wouldn't be surprised if Juve makes it till the end. Apart from Barca, Juve can beat anyone else. Your midfield line is the best in champions league except for Barca which holds two absolute top players and Juve defence is pretty good too.

If Juve happens to face Real I would definitely bet on Juve
Thx man. Appreciated it    But for now we rather keep our focus on Celtic only bcoz its not over yet. Only the job half done
VanDerAraf (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Correct, well we can say it's not over yet but the job is 55% done
Lol it's over, everyone knows it
Koopa13 (AC Milan) 1 year ago
f**k yeah! Marchisio you're the bosss!
Heritapiheru (Juventus) 1 year ago
You're not your
Koopa13 (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Oops thanks...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football