Forums / Italy
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Is The Best Italian Player Of All Time???
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
I'll make this short because I'm in class right now, but for me it is Roberto Baggio.
Over 200 goals in Serie A when it was regarded as one of the best, if not the best league in the world.
Playing agaisnt the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Nesta and Bergomi.... It's not like this player had it easy either, he had his knee rebuilt at 18 years old and wasn't even supposed to play after that....
This video explains it all, if you want more debate hit me up. But this is my opinion!

Cozzi65 (AS Roma) 4 years ago
I couldn't agree with you more. Baggio was the most naturally gifted player the azzurri has ever seen!
EzioKhan10 (AS Roma) 4 years ago
I start watching Baggio when his days starting coming to an end as a footballer. So don't know a lot about him. But for me its Totti the best natural Italian gifted player. He had had too many injuries but still has tons of goals. Maybe in the champions league he does not perform to his full abilities, but if you watch the matches carefully. He still runs the show, even when he's not 100% fit, the match against Madrid and Arsenal. I pray he finishes close to 300 all competition goals.
I love watching him play. If he had speed with his technical abilities then maybe he could of done a lot more. A very loyal man
Mastro21 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Your right, you don't know alot about baggio, if anything lol
Your bringing up totti's injuries, baggio had his knee replaced when he was 18, he wasnt supposed to play ever again lol that was only his first knee injuries of many, and he went on to score over 200 goals in serie a, and over 300 hundred in his career.... And baggio actually said once that only 1/4 of the games he played he was 100% and totti did have speed lol so I don't know what your trying to get it.... To me totti isn't even half the player baggio was
Mastershake912 (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Tottis played his career entirely at roma. Scoring more than 200 goals in serie a now. He refused bids from other teams and maybe had he been at a club like real madrid would he have scored more goals. He probably wouldve won a pallon d'oro at his prime aswell
Unkind (Juventus) 4 years ago
What are the parameters for this vote? Would you deem a player that won the most trophies as the best? Baggio is certainly up there with Juve but he is in conflict with the 2006 Italy team. Based on the ability to change the pace and subsequently the outcome of the game? That could outline a crap load of Italians, starting from Baresi, Conte, Albertini to Ravinelli, even Inzaghi will be there and he was born offside. Best bet to vote for the best player of the decades as I do not want to insult the greats Zoff, Rossi etc.... Last decade belongs to Del Piero, I know I am bias but no other athlete has overcome all the odds that are stacked against him and come out on top. Most importantly, never arrogant and always humbled, a true athlete that will be really missed in the footy world
JuveAF (Juventus) 2 years ago
You're right, don't know the parameters of this vote.

Del Piero, WC 2006 semi-final against Germany. He came in and made it happen. I'll never forget that game. Plus, him with Juve.

Paolo Rossi, Dino Zoff, Gigi Buffon (no. 1), Roberto Baggio, Vialli, Maldini, Baresi, and so many but can't chose and don't know the parameters of this vote
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Best player of history? Of course Giuseppe Meazza
Jujex 2 years ago
The stadium?
Lhi69 (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Lol  
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
LIke Maldini...
Awada87 (Juventus) 2 years ago
In my own prospective of accomplishments and finishing goals at the most critical time it has to be del piero, he gives out a very special atmosphere for the players when he is on the pitch, he's 37 and still is the top scorer for crumbling juventus since 2006, for me he is the italian hero. Respected from everyone, very loyal to the team unlike roberto baggio. Alessandro del piero is the living legend of italy
Awada87 (Juventus) 2 years ago
We will all miss you Alex.... Thank you for everything.  
Jujex 2 years ago
Il Divino. No one even comes close
Miniwogboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Del piero or pirlo
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
For me it's Baggio. My father said Gigi Riva as pure striker, so I checked it out

ArnabFORZAMILAN (AC Milan) 1 month ago
Back at those times the stadiums used to fill up.... Look at now, even the Juventus Stadium doesn't get fully packed up at times during big games
Atnighthawk (AFC Telford United) 2 years ago
There are loads of players that haven't been mentioned. But if you take the game as what I would class as the modern era. Which is really from from the mid/late 80's/early 90's onwards really cause that's when players really had to become true athletes (I'm not saying players before that were bad cause they were not, football isn't all about fitness). Most of the players who are considered world's best in recent years came from the combining of athleticism and actual football talent in the 90's (as oposed to much of todays game where a lot more is based on fitness than actual football ability - this is the reason you see professional players that seemingly don't know how to kick a ball).

So for me the best at combining the attributes of athleticism as a player and producing moments of football magic, pulling his team and his national team from mediocre to great, even though they did not win anything.... 3rd 1990 WC, 2nd 1994 WC, QF 1998 WC. The player is Il Divin Codino, Roberto Baggio.
Connections (Juventus) 1 year ago
I think Buffon
ArnabFORZAMILAN (AC Milan) 1 month ago
My God, Paolo Maldini! Made a video on him and Nesta  Https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=JxSyKDCI-WQ

Kick4Life - changing lives through football