Forums / Italy
Order: Newest / Oldest
Spain V Italy, Jun 10
Gabar (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Great match! Italy is coming back to their traditional top-class level and Spain was suffering for the lack of a centre-forward. Buffon and Casillas, just great
BHAKUNDO (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Not only messi needs xavi and iniesta but they need messi aswell to make their assist successful.... I'm afraid if torres can't score next season.... But I'm positive that he'll come up with his long lost form...
BarcaMyLove (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Messi just scored a hatrick you dumb s**t
[account-removed] 2 years ago
@barcamylove don't act like man groupie he said they need each other, think b4 you type!
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Uh oh that guy just mocked the gods. Quick insult him, before someone can thumbs up his blasphemy!
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Was not expecting that much from Italy. Spain better be more clinical if they want to defend their Title
Della (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well done Italy with a bit of luck they could've won the match
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Well played from both sides. Italy defended well as usual. Spain held possession terrifically. Spain's finishing was horrid. Italy's transitioning was remarkable except my boy Balotelli couldn't finish them off early on
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Torres this is Buffon not Valdez, you can't pass him with tht basic dribbling skill! Lol
Sparkannon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well-said aha
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
It would have being nice but it happens, so many things happen in those few seconds but ya torres deserves a goal
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Nice to see italy actually attack.... They had a great game!
Unmessievable (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Was funny how buffon saw torres predicted him and just chase him down and take the ball from him like a lil boy.... El nino really fits him
Faceo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
To be fair, it did work against barca in the champions league semi finals
Imjoseph (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Lulz
Atnighthawk (AFC Telford United) 2 years ago
Valdez is a horrible keeper though...
Unmessievable (Barcelona) 2 years ago
LOL veeerry funy faceo. But yeah it did X_X.... Valdes your letting me down here *eyes roll*
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Buffon guessed the right way for sure, Torres didn't get luck he deserved it, but good goalie but if torres would have just went left it would have being a goal
Great match!
Buffon was fantastic
Albokk (Juventus) 2 years ago
Actually casillas was top notch too
The two best goalkeepers in the world for the last decade, so not really surprising. It would be unusual for them to make mistakes
FifaXX (Napoli) 2 years ago
I'm so glad Di Natale scored! Maybe he'll finally be the player for Italy he's supposed to have been...
He didn't get a chance last World Cup, the coach was so clueless. Pepe, Quagliarella and Di Natale all played as a front trio for Udinese the season before and were a lethal combo.... And he didn't pick them till the 2nd half of the last game.... And they scored two goals.... They should have been played from game 1
FifaXX (Napoli) 2 years ago
I've tried really hard to block out the group stages of WC 2010 from my memory.... But yes you are absolutely right. I remember Di Natale's and Quag's goals and thinking to myself, WTF Lippi! You had this sitting on the bench the whole time!
Wikipedian (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Del Bosque's tactics were poor
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
They were decent, it's not his fault torres missed 2 chances he should have atleast scored 1
Wikipedian (Chelsea) 2 years ago
He started the match with no strikers
Spainrule (Valencia) 2 years ago
Just because the norm is to play with a striker doesn't mean it's always necessarily the best tactic. Del Bosque is an experienced manager who lead these guys to win the World Cup and led Real Madrid to Win La Liga and the Champions League.... Plus he knows these guys and trains with them. He probably knows what he's doing a lot better than you
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
But the whole match feels like we can't create a clear opportunity and only occasionally. Silva-Fabregas goal was superb but I doubt they can replicate another one of those. When Torres was introduced, more clear opportunity came up, but Torres finishing is not as good as 4 years ago. Obviously strikers can make good positioning and I would prefer Llorente to start the next match
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I was actually thinking whether or not to watch this 'cause I thought it could be like barca vs milan where spain hog the ball and italy just defend. Thank God it wasnt, pretty good match actually. Torres and balotelli should have scored both atleast 1 goal.

Italy were a bit vulnerable doe when they scoed 'cause spain responded quickly. Balotelli had a good game, di natalie should have started and giovinco I don't think cassano is that good
RIZWANJAMILL (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Fernando torres is a better player why he's doing I dunno but these misses really sucks!
Oober11 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Refer to my epic rant a couple of comments above this
If Italy continue with 3-5-2 they have to play Goivinco or Cassano sitting behind the strikers and the other up alongside Di Natale.

Maggio knows 3-5-2, all the Juve defenders and Buffon know 3-5-2 very well, Goivinco knows it, Pirlo knows it, Di Natale knows it, even Balzareti knows it.

That's why it might just work
Oober11 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I would love to see that, especially with more playing time for Giovinco! He is a great player!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football