Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
Russia V Ireland Republic, Sep 6
Dhueshs04 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
How the hell did richard dunne keep that shot out! Ridiculously good defender
ColonelBX (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Wow Dunne is awesome.... Wonder why he wasn't targeted by other clubs. I think he is a great center back
Sushiwasabiboi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He is good, but he is prone to errors. If you watch full matches, you will see
Oakie (Arsenal) 3 years ago
WoW. It just would not go in for Russia. That's crazy. They must've had over 5 REAL scoring chances.

Good saves from Given, desperate defending from Ireland. They were dominated the whole game it seems
Russia (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Why people vote russia rubbish they played awesome its just they were unlucky
Saban101 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Never seen such a one sided game like this one where the dominating team (russia) did not score
Ranndino (Barcelona) 3 years ago
A very impressive performance by Russia. Ripped Ireland to shreds. Shay Given is possibly the best keeper in the world. I've always felt this way. When he was at Newcastle they had no defence & he would pull off at least 5 miraculous saves every game. I don't understand why he has never gotten a chance to play for a massive club. For example, why would Man UTD not consider him when they were looking for a new keeper instead opting for De Gea? Shay Given not only makes all the saves he should. He also makes a lot of saves he has no business making. He needs a new agent because I'd put him up against any keeper in the world
Sushiwasabiboi (Liverpool) 3 years ago
A good keeper I agree, but not the "best in the world. "
I mean look at that one shot in the game where he pushed it out for a corner. It was such a weak shot that was rolling on the ground. If it was the middle of the goal, he would have gone a Rob Green and fumbled it into the goal. Lucky it only became a corner. But I do agree he certainly seems better than De Gea. Even in the 8:2 win against Arsenal, the 2 goals conceded were very cheap goals. He's only kept one clean sheet even though they won all their matches
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Ireland Republic - outplayed and outshot, but they still pulled out the draw - and the player of the game has to go to the GK Given- no question he and Dunne saved the game
Bryant4real (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I'm guessing Ireland never attacked in this match lol
ManIloveUtd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ya know we don't have the players, but we play with as much pride and heart as anyone. We're a country of 5 million people compared to Russia 140 million so credit where it's due, yes we were very lucky and we will probably never play attractive football but I'm so proud of the boys in green for their efforts! Fingers crossed we will make it to 2012!
Colmutd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Luck of the Irish lads! Trap really needs to sort that midfield out. Russia played through us the entire game and we couldn't keep the ball. McCarthy, Hoolahan or Fahey should play alongside Whelan or Andrews. The two of them together can't do anything in midfield other than gritty effort and commitment. We need to keep the ball! Great from Dunne and Given, pure legends
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Man I feel bad for Russia, they had so many chances, and they were decent, I mean given saved Ireland so much, and some defender's for Ireland did too, but man I feel bad for them especially that one header was so close, but given was in right spot and everything
Krom87 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Zhirkov is best in Russian squad now. Why he left us?
PrettyFly87 (West Ham United) 2 years ago
Well, it seems that he wasnt really happy in West End, but I really wanted him to stay there...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football