Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
No Place For Ireland At The World Cup
BuckMcDancer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Fifa will not create an extra place at the world cup for Ireland....

I'm really disappointed because we deserved to be there. The Irish team were heroes and looked to play the game honestly and scored a fabolous goal, while the french tried to cheat there way to the world cup, not once but twice, firstly with anelka diving over given and then Henry's Handball!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Such is life. I'm Irish (Born and lived in Dublin/Galway until three years ago) but I have to say I'm totally over this now. I was gutted for a week. I couldn't even talk about it for the first day I was so furious and sick over it. However, you have to realise that France had the golden ticket way in advance. They got the favourable seeding draws, the home 2nd playoff leg and the whole thing was geared towards them getting through
BuckMcDancer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Took me a while to get over it too, but just heard there was talks about an extra place at the world cup on the radio today and it brought back all the emotions looking forward to the euros
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Just be proud that Ireland did so amazingly well. Unbeaten against Italy and beat France in normal time - in Paris. Just a single goal away from the World cup. The only thing that could have knocked Ireland out was some crazy circumstance - a cheaters goal, and that's what happened.

We'll have to party twice as hard this summer and choose a substitute team - I'll be rooting for New Zealand so disappointment is guaranteed!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football