Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ireland Republic V Czech Republic, Feb 29
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Typical Ireland performance, afraid to pass the ball on the floor. I was cringing everytime I saw John O'Sea hoof the ball 40 yards when there were simple passes on instead. We were pinned back in our own half until Czech Republic scored then we decided to play. I hope we don't go to Poland and Ukraine with this attitude. We need more belief and please, less long balls! It's counter-productive! Most long balls get picked off by defenders and possesion is lost, yet still we continue to do it. Czech Republc looked like a decent side and desereved to open the scoring. Ireland could have made a better game of it if they played like they did in the second half for the entire match. It was almost like we were waiting for Czech Rep. To score first. And that type of attitude is not good enough
Arandelovic (Juventus) 2 years ago
You have to be realistic man. Our tactic of long ball is necessary because it suits our standard of play. If we go up against Spain, Croatia or Italy and try to play and passing/running game they will crucify us. We don't have any players of that standard. We win games because we break down our opposition by playing on scraps and putting them under pressure. That's why all our games our low scoring and unfortunately rather boring. But that's just my Opinion I'm not saying its necessarily fact
Canning (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Well taken by Cox, disappointing performance though, too negative in my opinion. Andrews was great, but I want to see more of McCarthy!
Reds89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Great goal from Cox but overall a poor performance. Shame Trap didn't give young McLean a proper chance to shine, ten minutes is just not enough to see what he can produce in the International scene. Would also like to have seen McCarthy, Coleman and duffy get game time. But I suppose trap is set in his ways now lol
Mac4luv2002 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Milan baros still exist? Where the hell are you milan!
Beautifulmind (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Hahaha.... That is what Iam wondering too, the moment I heard that name. Thought may be his younger brother or something
Balotelli45 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Galatasaray
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 2 years ago
He has been with us, Galatasaray since 2008 summer but except for his first year, he has struggled with many injuries and couldn't play more than 25-30 games a season. A fan favorite still though!
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 2 years ago
Lucky Irish
Dinglehater2 (West Bromwich Albion) 2 years ago
WBA connection. Great job Coxy
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
That's some tight angle for cox to slot it in the net
Robertoalvarez (FC Barcelona II) 2 years ago
Nice goal by coxs, good game from both teams
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Not to impressed, but a draw is not bad.  There's a lot of space for improving....

Kick4Life - changing lives through football