Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ireland Republic V Croatia, Jun 10
Revestocha (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Deserved on the run of play, but a couple of silly goals certainly helped
Henrywannabe (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Croatia were most certainly the better team but Ireland had 3 very unlucky goals go in.... Each croatian goal took a deflection in the build up (off given's head in the third) and the second goal was almost certainly offside. Given's view seemed impaired for the first one as that ball went towards the goal in slow motion and he didn't react until the last second....

Had Ireland been able to avoid any 1 of these haphazard goals that, in my book, were just plain unlucky (although not clearing the lines well enough didn't help the scenario at all) then it might have been a completely different game. I think they had a fairly decent penalty claim too in the 64th minute or so....
Brainsare (Juventus) 1 year ago
Crap video is crap. If you have a pile of crap video like this don't bother uploading. Actually, if you made a pile of crap video like this please just put a bullet in your brain
GenericNameTres (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Dramatic much? Take it easy, buddy and maybe upload a better video
Achiox (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Actually, we would, but apparently videos we upload are more often than not, "copyright infringement" so footytube staff remove it. No need for phrases like "please just put a bullet in your brain" though, there are more sensible ways to say things
Americanmagpie (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
Given is a good goalie but sometimes he dives theatrically. He is pessimistic with the looks and action of a beaten man. Some of the goals could have been prevented
[account-removed] 1 year ago
I'd have to agree with you. His best years are well and truly behind him now. He was always a great one-on-one stopper, but some of the goals he conceeded here were a bit dubious. Could he have done better? I thnik so, but the team as a unit are.... And you readers at home will have to pardon my French for a moment.... Shite!
CheMaradona (Anti-Futbol) 1 year ago
Ireland beat themselves in the end really. Not trying to take anything away from Croatia but Wow Ireland defence really choked.  
Clements54 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
s**t video
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Croatia are a real match in this tournament, with the Italian team faltering and Spain's manager smoking something strange while writing his teamsheet, this side could easily squeeze past into the knock-out stages.

Bad luck for Ireland, simply not up to the game. I can only feel sorry for Shay Given, let down by his defence completely
Sparkannon (Arsenal) 1 year ago
IMHO, both teams were poor, just that Ireland was worse. Letting them Croats scored routine goals via set-pieces will never get any points for Ireland in this Euro
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 1 year ago
Sparkannon, did even watch the match? If yes, would you elaborate why you think (in your humble opinion) Croatia was poor?
Mikeduji (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Better Higlights>>>>>>>  
Achiox (Manchester United) 1 year ago
YES, GO CROATIA!
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It's should of been a draw, Croatia with an Offside goal, and should conceded a Penalty for foul on Keane, as for Ireland if Andrew could of taken that open header thing would be different, overall unlucky for Ireland especially Given
Sajkczs (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 1 year ago
Draw? Lol.... Have you watched the game?
Mercurialmatt (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
Ireland's defending wasn't the best but they should have gotten more out of the game. Clear-cut penalty plus offside Jelavic goal equal shitty refreeing
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
It wasn't an offside goal, it came off the Irish player last.... Go read your soccer manual!
Sajkczs (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 1 year ago
Dude, what offside? When Modrić striked it, it was.... But Ward got to possesion and made bad clearance/pass whatever that was...
Rudimaldini (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Not offside, ireland player passed it to croatia player. f**k your own player then
Mercurialmatt (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
On second thought it wasn't offside so my apologies. But whats with the aggro comments, soccerjam and rudi? Talk about rude
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
You guys need to calm the hell down lol...
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Poor unlucky Irish! Silly goals they conceded, reminds me of the Henry hand ball that prevented them from the last world cup! Only to get to a major tournament 10 years later and have this happen to em! Comedy of errors! So sad!
SKool (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Irish fans doing the Poznan. Lol amazing
SKool (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Mandžukić header trolls Given . Really poor performance from Given. Definitely could have save both of Mandžukić headers
10barcelona (Barcelona) 1 year ago
   Ireland sucks.    

Kick4Life - changing lives through football