Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ireland Republic V Armenia, Oct 11
Fabby (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Fail trick by doyle and even bigger fail by the defender, it looks way too deliberate as well
Krokodilizm (Newcastle United) 3 years ago
It would have been worse had the flick worked and had Doyle scored, trust me. Imagine the goalkeeper's humiliation after that. You should know, you are a goalkeeper....
Balgam (Fenerbahce SK) 3 years ago
This was one of the most important matches for Armenia and it's history probably. I'm sure it could have been way different than this score if they wouldn't have been penalized for red card. I didn't exactly see if Berezovsky controlled the ball with his hand. Seemed like he hit the ball with his chest.
Good observation
It was a nervous night and the own goal does not surprise me, though extremely odd it is. Ireland kept their cool all the way.
We need more experience playing in hostile environments and suffering bad decisions, and let this be a reference point for upcoming away matches in Italy, Denmark, Bulgaria and Czech Republic.... s**t....
And yeah, never blame the referee. He is there to help the game, not ruin it.
Առա՛ջ Հայաստան
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Armenia goalkeeper Roman Berezovsky was harshly sent off. In fact it was the Irish player number 10 who handled the ball. Even with 10 men Armenia played outstanding.

Armenia (Aleksanyan) shoot the first goal himself and the second was­ a big error from the 20 year old small, unexperienced­ second goalkeeper, but Armenia was dominating more with­ 10 men and made the only real and classic goal thanks­ to the combination Movsisyan and Mkhitaryan. Armenians­ never gave up and fought like lions and they played­ world class football with a weak defence.

Will the Irish now offer Armenia a replay?
ManIloveUtd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
No chance We beat them fair and square take it up with Fifa if your not happy! Otherwise sit down!
[account-removed] 3 years ago
No replay for you! Stop whinning!
Agreed! Ireland didn't cheat! Case closed!
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 3 years ago
There was no cheating on Ireland's part, but Ireland didn't play well either. We kinda shot ourselves in the foot.... With a shotgun. Almost broke the screen seeing that own goal. Anyways, as upset as I am, Ireland has been on a streak of bad luck and I guess this made up for it
Palandiell (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Theres a difference between a team not playing good and a player using his arm twice to score

The red card may have been harsh but its understandable.

Irland played bad yes, but they didn't cheat. Something the french can't say
Andremavr (Olympique Lyon) 3 years ago
I know I'm french which makes me biased, but Irish people, come on, admit it, that was not very fair.... I know you guys will probably hate on me because I support France, so I'm just gonna' paste an article from footytube to show what people think about Ireland now.

Link: www.footytube.com/news/guardian/hypocrisy-not-at-h...
I'll just say this about that.... When Ireland were cheated out of a possible place in the WC the whole world was saying how Ireland were robbed and how we deserved to qualify more than les Bleus and everybody said how Ireland played a beautiful game and we were great etc. And now that we have actually qualified for a playoff place in the Euros everybody is saying how shameful it is and how we cheated and how we play such terrible football. People are just so fickle really aren't they? All you want is to see the underdog win for a change. Against France it was Ireland and yesterday it was Armenia. I believe that football will always be the winner and you get what you deserve at the end of the day. You can't deny Ireland their place in the playoffs. They have earned it!
Yoh64fr (Bordeaux) 3 years ago
So Ireland finally get a shamefull game to qualify (unbelievable refering), but they don't get nearly as much s**t as France got
How was it shameful? We didn't cheat! Isn't that right, Mr. Sneaky Frenchman? Just having a joke with you. You French are alright. But let's not forget that Ireland didn't cheat during this important match
Thecrowrip (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Shameful there is no other way to put it. Not to mention Ireland also cheated against Georgia.
I'll tell ya what's shameful, according to your Profile you support Portugal so I assume your Portuguese, Your ranked 5th in the world and having the quality players you have like Ronaldo, Coentrao, Pepe Meirless etc and you could only manage a playoff place? That's shameful!Worry about your own qualifying abilities and hate on someone else good luck babysitting Ronny!

Armenia Unlucky best of luck in 2014
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
I really do feel for you guys, unlucky and unfair outcome of what can only be deemed a great and impressive qualifying campaign. The place in the play-offs should have been yours
Try harder next time
The Armenian Goalkeeper came out of his area and spread his arms out, come on! That's asking for it. I don't know why everybody keeps bringing up the France thing. Ireland didn't cheat. There's a difference here. I'm Irish, but I'll be the first to admit that Armenia played much better football than us, but Armenia can have no complaints. They didn't create enough chances during 90 minutes for a team that needed to win. Ireland got the job done. It may not have been pretty, but that's how Trapattoni has the team drilled. It was a good match.
Franky4fingers (Barcelona) 3 years ago
The problem is there was a handball before the GK touched the ball. And even when the GK supposedly "handled" the ball, it touched him in the chest/arm pit area. That is doubtful at that pace so a yellow card is warranted at best.

Irish fans couldn't stop talking about Henry's handball but after their own player handles the ball, the Irish team ran up to the referee and pushed for a red card. That's why this stinks of hypocrisy!
The Goalkeeper was the last man back so the ref has to give a red card in that situation. I don't see the connection with this and Henry's handball. You're talking about two completely different things
Et1et2et3 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Everything is relative but it's more or less the same thing. Qualified thanks to a handball. The hand, no wait.... The end and the means are alike
Muzzie (Leeds United) 3 years ago
We might had luck on are side. But beat 2-1 this time and 1-0 on away leg. So I think we deserved to go through
Way to go Rep of ireland, they must do better in the play off round =)
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Yeah, best of luck. Definitely need to step up your game, though
Colmutd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Armenia played good football. Unlucky with the red card because Cox handled it first but the keeper is asking for trouble running out of his area with his hands up like that. I felt sorry for the guy who scored the own goal too. Alot of your players looked nervous but you have a young team so hopefully you will learn fro this and take the next step in the WC qualifiers. Trap's poor tactics shown up again in my opinion, we can't hold on to the ball and even with 10 men Armenia looked the better team for large parts of the game. Just lakced anything up front even before the sending off
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Hahaha that own goal was hilarious! I think the defender saw the miss by Doyle and in that split second thought his duties were to finish the job LOL
Palandiell (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I want to see Irland vs France    Guess who I want to see win
Almatrium (Olympique Lyon) 3 years ago
France lol
Slaepwerigne (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I expect to never hear ireland fans complain about the thierry henry handball ever again
Reds89 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Thierry Henry - Blatant handball,  Armenia Keeper - No handball just unlucky  
TheatreOfDreams (Manchester United) 3 years ago
There was a handball by the armenian keeper but the irish handball should have been given before it.

But you can't compare that to Henry

Imagunner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
And that's how you qualify using your hands.  In the end, football evens things out
TheatreOfDreams (Manchester United) 3 years ago
You can't compare that to Henry
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 3 years ago
The impressive thing about the young Armenian players is their technique but they look like U-18 team with those bodies; they should gain some weight and look stronger; otherwise, it is not easy to play against physically stronger teams
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Well the average age is 22    That's why they're so fast! Lol, still young though always time to pack on muscle

Kick4Life - changing lives through football