Forums / Ireland Republic
Order: Newest / Oldest
Estonia V Ireland Republic, Nov 11
LusoAmerican (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Estonia was doing so well in the qualifiers (not trying to put down ireland) however I expected a little more from estonia
Liverpudian (Liverpool) 2 years ago
With 9 men its little bit difficult to play, isn't it?    Ref was s**t. Enough said
Washingcattle (Everton) 2 years ago
How was the ref S**t? Both red cards were spot on. The penalty was spot on.

Keane put himself about up front better than he has for a long time and their center halves weren't up to it. Simple.

Walters was excellent too
Lynchmob (Celtic) 2 years ago
Brilliant game by Ireland. Mc Geady, Walters & Keane played great. Can't wait till EURO!
Kippp (West Ham United) 2 years ago
Poor form from keane. Theres no need to kick and scream for decisions like that. That said, good effort ireland
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Oh!What a win by Ireland!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Bout f*****g time!
Huggies93 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I love this! Nice game by the side that France robbed out of World Cup.... They would have been more competitive!
Dreadlord (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I'd say this and the game against Armenia is making up for the string of bad luck and bad decisions against Ireland. Better perform well in the finals!
14Hesus (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@Huggies93. Weather they would have been more competitive is speculative. You apologists keep acting like Ireland didn't 'rob' teams in the past too. They are on the brink, let's hope they get there, so we can what they are capable of
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
So glad to see the Irish finally getting through (assuming they don't flop in the 2nd leg of course)
Clements54 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Feel sorry for Estonia though, the red cards and penalty did have a play in it
Dradox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Even though I'm from Estonia I'll admit that we would have most likely lost with any other referee as well, but some, or well, kind of many decisions were just BS to be honest, but Ireland took their chances and played their game well
Vasilis6883 (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
Congratulations from Greece! Panathinaikos fans love that team! See you in Poland-Ukraine!
LeagueStar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I think the decisions were a little too rash, but nevertheless it a convincing win but I don't think Ireland would have ran a rout without those red cards
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
The Trap was so emotional in the aftermatch interview he nearly got me crying
LuisFigo7 (Benfica Lisbon) 2 years ago
After what happened with france, eire deserved that, happy for them  
InFearor (Groningen) 2 years ago
Great to have the Irish in the tournament!
Reds89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Brilliant win, great performance and the red cards helped. The first red card was fair it was a bad tackle. The second 1 I'm not so sure. Hopefully we get a good result in the Aviva. Can't wait
Rickster555 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Second was a blatant handball so that's why he gave him the second yellow. It was a good call IMO
Chris2404 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ref was excellent. Got all the big decisions right and every one of the yellow cards was the correct decision. Biggest game in Estonias history and the pressure showed. Our players have been there many times and after France '09 we were never gonna' lose this one. Congrats to Estonia for making it this far and just luck wasnt on their side last night. That's 10 games unbeaten for Ireland now and only 1 goal conceeded. We play disgusting football but its effective. We could quiet possibly be worse than Greece were when they won in '04
Washingcattle (Everton) 2 years ago
Ah here! No way are we worse than Greece.    

Kick4Life - changing lives through football