Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Poland V Germany, Sep 6
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Counterattacks against the German B-team and a lot of luck and a good keeper. If it were the German first lineup, they would rip the Polish into pieces within a few minutes. Good counterattacking by Poland, but nothing more. They can't dominate an opponent
HotTub (1. Köln) 3 years ago
Well.... Domination was hardly what they were going for, was it now? They were the undedog and did a good job. We didn't
Against a B-team in a friendly game they were no underdog. They struggled to win with full force. Indicator is that Germany changed already 2 players at half time, they substituted none. Poland took this very very serious. Germany didn't do a bad job, they were just unlucky, but still didn't lose the game
O'course they were the underdogs.... Our be team.... (and this wasn't even a real be team) is still pretty good normally. And Poland missed players too and had some novices in the back 4. They made heaps of mistakes in the first leg in that back 4 but gained confidence with the lead
Ravkzuum (Arsenal) 3 years ago
B-team? You're saying that because germany didn't have ozil, schweinsteiger and neuers services at hand its just declared a b-team? I seriously doubt theres any validity in your opinion, mate.

I think poland played with a lot of heart and some of yous here are robbing them of the credit they deserve.

I repeat, this was NOT a B-team. Name one international side that doesn't mix things up given the oppotunity of a friendly match.... It just isn't an excuse. If you look at polands line up, youd notice that it wasnt exactly the A-team either, fool
Yup
Nit3mare (Arsenal) 3 years ago
That wasn't Poland's A team, either
Muellerinho (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I think 7 or 8 of 11 players is almost another team!

Wiese - Neuer
Boateng - Badstuber
Mertesacker - Hummels
Träsch - Höwedes
Schürrle - Müller
Rolfes - Khedira
Kroos - Schweinsteiger
Götze - Özil
Klose - Gomez

But I think it´s a good sign to have such a "B-Team", with a lil luck we make 2-3 goals in the first half....
And btw poland took this game very serious (93. Min sub^^) Szczesny is a beast
Sulutas (Galatasaray SK) 3 years ago
The comments about this game above are awful - I never knew that Germans could be that arrogant. The fact that you can score six goals against Austria does not make you the best side on this planet by far. When there is such a domination by the Spaniards in any given tournament (including the youth tournaments), I would try to be a bit more humble. I don't think you will be able to beat us next month in Istanbul and I don't think you will win Euro 2012 either (at least convincingly)
Halbacht (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Well, didn't you play 0-0 against austria today?

Lucky for you we don't need a win anymore so your chances to win against us are quiet good. Actually I hope you come second in the group and make it to euro 2012. Wanna see the last minute turks. Btw its a shame you have a weak youth system in turkey. Because turkish players might be one of the most talented in the world. 70 million people in turkey, 3 million turks in germany and still the biggest stars in your team were born and learned football in germany.
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Come on, it's a friendly. Coaches are just trying out players. Don't be so nervous guys
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 3 years ago
Additional to the reply from Gigiggg: They were also testing the program execution for EM
Ebuksalex (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Germany had nothing to play for and still got a draw. They still remain unbeaten
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ya Germany! Come back last minute get the tie, good for Poland fans too with 2 goals, and man I guess I didn't know or forgot Szczesny is polish, cool, but good stuff, I love the black germany jersey's that's why I got one, and Cacau back, he looked cool
All in all it was a crappy game with many slapstick mistakes on both sides.... No biggie.... Low tried a new system, changed 7 players on the starting11 and brought a lot of subs. It was a test.

The Polish were so happy after leading to the first win over ze germans in history that I actually felt bad when we took it away last minute. This late goal doesn't change anything for us, we still played crap. It would#ve ment a lot for them and the general spirit before home em

I'm glad they didn't win. Booing Podolski and Klose shows that these fans are nothing better than the Turks booing Özil (which on the other hand gladly take Sahin, Ekici and Altintop.... Hypocrits). German fans didn't do that against Kasachstan, where there's a German playing for them. Those Polish fans just don't deserve to see their team winning against Germany
They booed a lot and even when we were not in posession. I didn't like that either.... Got on my nerves as they didn't make much other noise. The crowd sucked. Still, might've helped them to get into the spirit and be good hosts
BerlinerDK (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Some Polish football fans are known to be a bit like hooligans. They are also quite conservative, antigay/antiblack
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Yeah, please.... Conservative, antiblack, antigay, what else? Everyones spreading bullshit so it should not be surprising that we have the opinion of the most dangerous fans in Europe. But let me say one thing:

1. The fans you saw yesterday at the stadium are not the true fans of the Polish national team. Why is that? Polish fans have been, for months now, at war with the Polish FA and the Polish government, whose aim seems to be a total annihilation of independent fan and ultras organizations in Poland, and are boycotting all games of the Polish national team. These were random people, even more so that the tickets for the game were quite expensive.

2. Yes the crowd sucked, due to the reasons mentioned above. They booed too, again due to the circumstances, believe me that I know it when I say that most of these boos were not aimed at your team. BUT I would not compare the situation between Poles and Germans to that of Kazakhstan and Germany. I mean, it's pretty obvious why right? I don't like it either when they booed at Podolski, he's a cool guy, always admits that he's Polish at heart, has no problems in giving interviews in Polish language, when he scored against us during EURO he did not celebrate. And I know it for fact that had the Polish FA done a better job some years ago, he would be playing for us today, so I can't blame him. But Klose is his complete opposite, for the way he treats the country he was born in and it's people, he's just a douche....
Apart from that, seeing a Pole playing for you guys is still painful for us, no matter how you look at it.
Oskargie (KP Legia Warszawa) 3 years ago
Spot on, but I doubt it will change anyone's mind since it's easier to just flaunt one's ignorance
Wharariki (Borussia M'gladbach) 3 years ago
Why is that painful Presju? And why is it important that poldi is polish at heart? And furthermore: " I would not compare the situation between Poles and Germans to that of Kazakhstan and Germany. I mean, it's pretty obvious why right? " - it's not. Enlighten me please
Think hard mate, maybe you'll get it. It ain't no head-scratcher you know, so you should figure it out without a problem
If it's neighbourly rivalry it's no head scratcher, shure.... But if you do actually mean world war II I have to tell you to please wake up and realise, that even most of our parents weren't born back then, that you can not possibly compare german society from back then with today, that people should judge others by who they are, not by what their forefathers have done and suffered 70 years ago, that people finally have to free their minds (not forget!) in order to look towards a common future. Don't transpond this to your present lifes for it'll keep hatred alive. And since footy is part of your life, don't let it get there. Love life.... And the game.

.... If you didn't mean wwII, forget the above since it's lost its relevance right here.... If you did, this had to be said....

(is not that serious all of the time)
Sure he meant the war, what else could it be?

Well, then German fans could boo the Poles, too, for killing innocent people and driving them off their homes, denying a lot of it till this day.

But no, football is not a place for that. Especially if most of us haven't lived those days. Many English fans also have this war complex. It's nothing but ridiculous. Football is sport, not war, nor history
Nulfus, I'm not even going to reply to that idiotic provocation.... But I'll tell you one thing, that was just as low as it can only get.... Just think about why they had to leave their homes in the first place, think hard.... It's because of you and people like Erika Steinbach that many Poles cannot leave the past alone. But enough of that.

Presju when you talk about nationalities don't forget that half your country once belonged to us. And when it was gifted to you in the past, because of reparation payments after the war you didn't see the Germans living in it as Poles.

Well dude, not really. When the Polish Kingdom was founded in 966 it's western border was more or less the same as it is today. These were historically always our lands, a place were old Slavic tribes lived, so you see 'the half of my country that once belonged to you'' did not really 'belong' to you. Never. World War II was not the first time in history when Germany invaded our lands, you are 29 years old so I believe you should have learned that at school a long time ago. If you did not, do some reading. If you guys think that I'm bitter or care only about the past, check out my post on Wharariki's wall cause I simply won't bother to explain that I'm not time and time again.

Link: www.footytube.com/profile/wharariki#/profile/whara... Wall
Haha, how can one person be so ignorant Poles did s**t,
Germans too at that time. The difference is, Germans admit it, Poles don't. They play the innocent victim. You and your kingdom from the Middle Ages, hilarious! I pity you ^^ Lets rebuild the Roman Empire, what about that? Or lets go back even further? Pure nationalism and ignorance, nothing more
Crxxx (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I really love the idea of the 4-1-4-1 formation, but it only makes sense if Schweinsteiger is playing on 6 alone, so Özil and Götze can play together. No matter what, you definitely need a world class defensive midfielder like Schweini to pull this off, Rolfes can't do it.

This would have been indeed an interesting experiment. But trying it out with the B-team was a bit nonsense by Löw imo
Spot on comment
Agree
I think Löw wanted to learn from mistakes as well. A display of what not to do defensively. The offence was fine. And once Müller came in it started to count for something
Wasn`t a full b-team: lahm, merte, poldi, klose started. Götze and kroos are pretty much 1:1 replacements and müller came in at the hour mark. And schweini is weaker defensively than rolfes imo. Wouldn't have pulled it off either. Lots of work to do there and poland did have a good game
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
@Wharariki: Dude, Mertezacker and Poldi should be B-Team. Also, Schweini is definately better than Rolfes, just not as focused on defence. Rolfes sucks IMHO
Schweini is way better than rolfes, yes, but rolfes is more solid in defence. But still, solid defending was lacking.completely agree with you on the merte-issue. That man takes ages to make a turn and is nothing without his positioning. Also, for euro and world cup I much rather see götze at left wing than the inconsistant poldi.... Sorry poldi...
Jazio (Arsenal) 3 years ago
No one can argue that Germany was better this evening, Polish team plays like s**t last few (or not so few ) years, but this is some f*****g curse! Everytime it seems like we have some chance for nice result, you are always scoring in last seconds.... It was like, I don't know, fourth time since I'm watching games between Poland and Germany. Ehhh....

We should really put X goalkeepers to the net (the only skilled players we have in this country) and one attacker in front, and start praying for a miracle.
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
I thought we played pretty even. Our backline is a mess, and gave Germany many chances in the first half (Szczęsny played great), but we also had three great counter chances with Peszko, who wasted them all.

The ending of this game was so depressing
Głowacki and Wawrzyniak? I won't even bother to comment on those two asses. Peszko's only redeeming feature at the moment seems to be his speed. You don't get many chances like that against a side like Germany, so you just have to make the most of them. And I don't know if you'll agree with me, but Mierzejewski really is overrated. It's pretty obvious after these last two games....

And yeah, it's a freaking curse. I hope that in my lifetime I will get to see us beating Germany at least once. I'm not asking for too much am I?
Tyrrellk21 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
The two Dortmund boys from Poland. Makes sense
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Ya beat me to it :/  
Shame that the third couldn't play...
I refuse to rate Germany average for this match.

That was the test of the 4-1-4-1, now vs Poland. It worked well vs Brazil.
This game could've easily ended 6:6.
It is a long way to master that system effectively. Despite it being half a b-team any thoughts on the system?
Hmmm.... Poland isn't the strongest team in the world so using those 11 for testing the 4-1-4-1 was quite wise imo. And the way they where open to counter-attacks through the middle was quite scary! If you put schweini there, who's probably even weaker defensively than rolfes, against a strong oponent, it will fail all the same. Unless they develop a fail-proove passing style and jogi manages to set the defence really well (no merte, sorry....) to this system any strong side will run them over through the middle.... Imo
I disagree. I am not a big fan of the system, but I think that Rolfes is worse than Schweinsteiger and not better if he has to play the 6 alone. I don't like him. Also, Mertezacker and especially Träsch don't belong in the first squad defence IMO. Träsch left way to many gaps that couldn't be closed and Mertezacker is just to slow for the lineup, and I don't know why, but he lost his amazing positioning during the wc2010. I hope he gets it back at arsenal.
Attack I can't judge as the motivation and concentration was not the best yeserday. Against Brazil it worked great, yesterday it was mediocre...
Ye that's a good point. Having Mertesacker in that system giving that the back is always wide wide wide open is just fail. Imho he is a great defender, but he cannot pace and turn his giant figure near well enough for that style. Would be best having 4 small Lahms in the back even. Screw the air superiority
Donsitohang19 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Don't do the dance part szczesny.... Don't do it brother! Lol (reminds me the "8-2tragedy" when szczesny dance in front of rooney)
It's part of his mind games. He also did it when he made that incredible save against udinese
NygusR9 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Great game, mates!
Sam (Juventus) 3 years ago
First time I've seen Germany against the ropes this way.... On paper, this game was straightforward- that's why they play the game
TheGunner23 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Second german goal was bad call from reefree he add 3 minutes and the clock shows almost 4 minutes
RhOmEL (Everton) 3 years ago
Errrr.... They had time added for the pen
4 min were correct
TheGunner23, dude, a penalty and a goal celebration needed to be added. Also, your always supposed to let the last attack play out. So no bad call, just bad defence
Excuses excuses.... Why people making stupid idiotic excuses can't shut their mouths even for once? German be team my ass. OK, you were missing some key players, but you have tons of other talents that can fill in for them anytime. In all fairness, we were missing 5 players from the first squad too, three of our defenders that played yesterday should not even be in that team. So what? They sucked, s**t happens, I'd much preferred the situation to be different, but it wasn't, you can't always have things your way. We were close to beating you guys, down to 10 men for the last ten minutes, playing with a 'B' squad against the Germans. Am I making a big deal out of this? NO.... Some of you should get over yourselves and your big ass egos.

Regarding the game, it could have been a breakthrough for us, if we won I would be a very happy man today, but we didn't and that's that. A game ends when the referee decides to end it, we still have not learned that it seems. It was a valuable experience to play against such a strong side, and I'm happy that it was civil, without any unnecessary hostility.

Cheers to all normal football fans
The whole game was a sample of no value. We call that a test, but I don't know maybe other people call it prestige.
We will gain our results when we have to. If we had lost this game I would have said congrats to Poland but it wouldn't have broken me....

[Edit]

As any other 'test'. Even against Brazil....
Gringo55 3 years ago
I think you can't doubt that germany is a better team with özil, khedira, gomez, neuer, schweinsteiger, .... But on the other hand you are right, it was not a b-squad, more like a a2-team, still a pretty strong team

We will see how far poland and germany get next year. I do hope that the hosts get far, like the semifinals, but when it comes to germany or spain, its over (sadly)

Peace
You needn't include Neuer in that listing though. Wiese held superbly!
Yeah man, I am very far from saying that soon we will be on a par with you guys, we've got a long way to go to achieve that and frankly I don't think it will happen in the nearest future. It's just that it was a friendly game, we did not do bad and I just wish more people would give us the credit for that performance yesterday instead of all that yapping and jabbering about 'B' teams and who knows what else. Your team is clearly better and the depth of your squad is amazing, still we were close to beating you guys yesterday for the first time and that's what matters to me, just that.

Peace
Halbacht (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
I give you guys credit. Polish players gave everything and had some decent counter attacks. But we also lost to australia in a friendly not long ago. We use these games to test new players/formations.compare the squad with the austria game.

Just when müller came in he gave our game a good boost. Müller/schweinsteiger/özil are fundamental players for our team.

Great upload thx
Oskargie (KP Legia Warszawa) 3 years ago
It's pretty funny but also a little disconcerting to see the Germans eagerly reassuring themselves that it was their 'B team' and they easily could have won. I'm not sure what it is. Is it arrogance, superiority complex, or just imperviousness to outside information?
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 3 years ago
Outside information: It was a friendly like 3 days after EURO qualifier against Austria (6-2). Basically throw all the players who need a little match practice onto the pitch and hope there arnt like 6 goalkeepers playing
@Oskargie Honestly man, that's no excuses. Germany played with the likes of Rolfes and Träsch who I just consider rubbisch against a highly motivated Poland who player great! But the German team was still slightly better, so there isn't much to discuss. Although with a bit of luck Poland could've won
You miss one option: a fact. Germany loses and draws half their test games. Why? Cause we test s**t

Kick4Life - changing lives through football