Netherlands V Germany, Nov 14
Borg (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Meh...
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Well.... We managed a clean sheet
[account-removed] 1 year ago
Nice to see holtby get the call up!
BabaBlue (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I really don't know which to pick as my favorite team in the world.... But with Neuer I might end up with Germany though. What do you people think?
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
The Dutch, for all their potential, need to form a real team that shows up for big tournaments. They were close in 2010 when much of their approach was good although the final brought out the worst in them.

Neither team is my favorite in the world, but from a neutral perspective, I'd go with the Germans right now
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 1 year ago
So first you suggest he change his choice, but at the end you agree with his original choice?
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I voted both teams rubbish. It's the first time in ages I've done that (I don't even usually care much for voting), and it's not because I have anything against either team.

It's because I sat through all of 90 minutes of Mertesacker and Hummels going tiki-taka with each other next to their own 18-yard-box while Ibrahimovic was single-handedly dismantling England with impossible goals.

In my opinion all the bad habits of friendlies coagulated here - not wanting to get injured (interesting also how half of Bayern caught the flu and RvP was out after 90 minutes of drama against Aston Villa - would be so surprising if he recovered just in time for the next EPL match), not wanting to commit and most prominently here using the match to mock-make up for errors from more important matches; Holland not wanting to lose after the Euro, Germany not wanting to concede after Sweden. The result was both teams playing the most boring football I've EVER seen from them. An insult to history, almost
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Very boring. Does anybody think the reason Germany fails at the final stages is because their team is always young? Maybe if they go the final with some 30+ experienced players this wouldn't happen again.
Kalyanovic24 (Schalke 04) 1 year ago
Vermeer was one of my favourite Dutch players on the pitch, throughout the whole game it seemed as though he knew what he was doing. I personally prefer him over Krul and Vorm.

Also, with all these Dutch players playing in the Bundesliga (and Van Gaal having been manager of Bayern Munchen), I think the Dutch knew the German strategies and were able to end the match as a draw.

For me, the biggest surprise of this match must be that there were no yellow or red cards shown at all!
Slasic (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I wish there was at least 1 goal

Kick4Life - changing lives through football