Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Netherlands V Germany, Jun 13
Muffy (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Hummels & Badstuber is the best duo in europe !
Robberysteiger (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Hummels as a Bayern youth player belongs to Bayern. He needs to come back. The entire back 5 could have been from the Bayern squad
Muellerinho (Bayern München) 2 years ago
He won´t come back, no way
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
@Robberysteiger    Lol he doesn't like Bayern
Robbery18 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
@Robberysteiger

I think is way too late to get him back. He has become part of a great Dortmund side, which I think he fits in much better, then in our team. Let him stay at Dortmund because it's the place where he became a world class defender
Baymuen (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Agreed! Hummels is even better! Now in the next match Boeteng will be suspended, Howedes will be a starter.

The bench players like Schürrle, Götze, Reus, Bender, Kroos will start
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
The bench wouldn't play. Netherlands loses to Portugal, Germany could go out
Derjohnny (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
Perfect! Way to go, germany!
Gireaux (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Beating the Dutch is always a special pleasure. Good stuff
Markwebster1992 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Cheeky nutmeg goal from Van Persie. Even if the Netherlands get knocked out after this stage, I have no doubt Van Persie will only get better during the next PL season
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I totally like the way you focused on the good of the loosing side, despise their defensive blunder! You sir are an optimist!
Robberysteiger (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Germany really dominated the game against the world cup finalists. The dutch have a weak defence. I am suprised at Gomez perfomance. Van Persie is the reason why Holland will most likely crash out. Nice goal in the end by him but he doesn't have the nerves to perform at this level
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
If you want to blame any dutch player for the lose then go look in theyr defence. It's theyr fault and the fault of selfish players like robben!
Footycray (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Lkerun - You can't aimlessly blame their defence and Robben when RVP misses 3 straight simple chances in the first game and 2 other in this one. Huntelaar would have buried them in. Robben always plays the way he played today, the Dutch want him to play like that because you need players like that in your squad. The defence surely maybe a weak defence, but it has coped up pretty well so far because they haven't made any silly mistakes
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
@Robberysteiger, I totally get your point and where you're coming from, but there's no way the Dutch people/fans (at least most of em anyways) would be happy if RVP, top goal scorer of the EPL season sits on the bench! Yes Huntelaar is a classical finisher and composed striker, but on just general goal scoring mentality, RVP is slightly (I repeat, slightly) better than Huntelaar! At the club level at least!
Robben I think is still shaken up about loosing that final Champions league penalty miss, he's mind is still unsettled!
Lkerun (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Congrats to Germany, clearly the better team today! I have the feeling Holland would be way better if it wasn't for the selfishness of some of theyr players!
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Yessss! Goodbye Kaskopjes! I was quiet before the game and listened to so much trashtalk by our neighbours, now I'm just happy! But to all dutch: you still have a fair chance of reaching next round, Portugal is beatable for you and I wish you good luck. Peace to all! I will have another beer now...
Robbery18 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Well done Germany! I expected the Netherlands to attack for 90 minutes because they needed to win. But they never showed the desire to win. Only when Van Persie scored they started to believe in themselves again but that lasted only a couple of minutes. I expected more from their World class attacking players
That is very hard to do against germany and especially when you are behind early in the game. You can´t just attack, you have to find the right balance and that is a very difficult task in such a game against germany...
We know each other too well! See Robben was clueless against Lahm. He was so frustrated that he has to switch side!
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Anyone voting Germany not awesome is mentally retarded. But that's just my opinion I could be wrong
I save my only awesome vote for the final
All played well except Poldi and Ozil! It was like a walk in the park, especially in the first half! Badstuber almost scored.

Well done, Germany!

Viscabarca123 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Maybe not Ozils best game but I don't think he played that bad...
Fabby (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Ozil played alrite and poldi stuck to his role of dragging defenders wide and give space for gomez to exploit. Disciplined performance imo
Chansen89 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Great turn by Mario
Chuminator19 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Damn. My brackets are sooo screwed up now *. *
Lampstar (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Where was gomez boot during the champions league final? Those are amazing goals
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
They got stolen by petr cech and chelseas defence
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
f*****g robben never passes man.... That's what pisses me off.
I like the germans doe there style and football is my fav on international level.

Hollands gonna' have to batter portugal by like 3 or 4goals and hope to God denmark lose. There defence looks weak I'm thinkin maybe let de jong play in defence for final match or play 3 defenders and him just infront of them 'cause there gonna' have to go at it vs portugal. Its possible just robben needs to pass and cross more and I'm sure huntelaar and RVP will finish
RaggaTrip 2 years ago
I was expecting to see atleast 2/3 more goals from Germany, they looked very strong in the first half and had plenty of good chances that just needed finishing.

I guess alot of the other big teams have issues with their defence so I reckon Germany could go far in this tournament.

Credit to RVP he got what he wanted in the end and deserved the goal, was expecting the Dutch to get really dirty as seen by some of the silly elbows/slaps/etc.... But they stayed good.

Jorday (Everton) 2 years ago
Really a fantastic game.
Germany was great all around. Gomez's finishing top shelf stuff.
I feel either team could win on any given day.
But this time was for Germany.
As for the dutch
I feel it might be the coach to blame.
The netherlands was playing a defensive game when they are much better at playing offence
Why just have RVP up all by himself.
To many times there was no or to few options going forward.
Put another striker up front and it would be hard for opponents to to deal with that offensive power.
This time they had 2 back and Germany still cut them apart.
It works better for the Dutch when they just out score there opponents and then no cares that they have a sub par defence

Kick4Life - changing lives through football