Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Germany V Portugal, Jun 9
Muellerinho (Bayern München) 2 years ago
3 Points....
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
It's kinda funny how even Low didn't expect it to go in.... So slow in reacting to it
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not the best of games but still entertaining. I think Germany will win this tournament but they have to improve if they are going to challenge for it.

Portugal can go through if they play the whole game like they played the last 10 minutes in this one. They deserved something from this game since it was so close, but it just wasn't to be
NZxiNFINITYx (Chelsea) 2 years ago
You have to remember though, germany start off slow in every tournament and progressively get better and better
Vmaestro (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Portugal are a good very good side but if they would have attacked more, like they did in the last 15 minutes of the game then the end result would have been different and more in their advantage.
Germany were also a very good side, but the Portugese closed the spaces very well and in the end their persistence paid off.
With all said I was not too impressed by the both sides and it's all due to both teams being almost on same level of performance.
Next time these two meet will be a better match.
Gabar (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Absolutely right. Now Portugal and the Netherlands will be fighting for his life
Piza (Werder Bremen) 2 years ago
It´s always weird to win a game which should have been a draw
Pelike1988 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ronaldo can't do much because Ozil and Khedira are on the other side
PortYoder (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He obviously did miss ozil a lot, but I think it prompted him to try and create more for others rather than wait for someone to give him a clear chance.... It was a very interesting game to watch!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I think Portugal should think positively about this result. Because even though in the first half Ronaldo didn't get much of the ball they still had a couple of good chances. Especially at the end when Pepe just barely missed a good goal.

As for Germany, Even though Gomez scored he did exactly what I seem to see in all the big games he plays: He disappears for long periods of time. I honestly never knew if he's been subbed or if he hasn't. Than all of the sudden you see him again. It was a good header but honestly Klose is a much better forward. He provides way more than Gomez. Right as Klose came on he was way more of a threat. Also Hummels probably saved Germany on multiple occasion's in this game I don't know how many blocks he made in the second half but it had to be in the double digits. In the end I'm sure Gomez and Klose are both going to get a lot of playing time. And I really hope Schmelzer get's a go and Hummels stays a regular starter. Couldn't hurt my dream footy if that was the case
Maybe not think positively on the result, but think positively on the performance. Beause they played well, they just couldn't finish/ were unlucky. They did everything right on defence.... How are you supposed to defend a deflection that goes straight to their striker. Unlucky
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I'm happy Germany won against these Portuguese. Portugal should have had one red card after that punch against Badstuber. Ckearly on purpose.

That said I also believe Germany to have deserved it overall. They weren't very good, perhaps they were nervous, but they had a little more of the game, despite Portugals chances.

I just hope Klose starts for Gomez next game and Schweinsteiger steps up again! He wasn't very good this game
Royboy94 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Gomez wins games you can't take him out
Vitruvius (Toronto) 2 years ago
Like the champions league?
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
^ like today
DangerDustin (1. Köln) 2 years ago
Sorry man but I am pretty sure the punch was not intended. For me it looked like he kind of grabbed his upper left shoulder with the left hand, both turned and the momentum produced while doing so makes the right hand go up. Looks pretty bad but I am sure he did not want to do this. All in all I was happy with the ref. Did not throw the game early by giving out yellow cards for nothing (there were some highish elbows here and then but I don't think they HAVE to be a yellows every time) like the one ruining poland vs greece (poor sokratis).
Being German I am just happy with the first 3 points. Could ve easily went the other way and Wednesday would ve been a decider allrdy. Well played Portugal
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I don't actually care much about the red card whether it was one or not. I just think Germany play better when Klose is on the pitch. No matter if Gomez scored the goal or not
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
YES GERMANY!
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Deutscheland!Welldone to the National Mannschaft
Oreo422 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Portugal rely on ronaldo too much if the guy is isolated and not getting the ball Portugal won't win. They also don't have a good striker if you have guys like ronaldo and nani with great pace and ability to create chances you need someone who can finish and score they just don't have that. In my opinion play ronaldo as striker the guy scored about 60 goals this season and put quaresma and nani on wing. And ronaldo should not be restricted to one area, let him move around. Portugal can't succeed without ronaldo playing a huge role,
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I definitely agree
I think they did decently having ronaldo on the wing, it allowed them to have much more balance as a team. But you are right that they have no striker to convert the chances created. Taking this into consideration I think you're right about CR in the middle and queresma or Varela wide
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Not the best of games, but I'm glad Germany won this one. Portugal rely too heavily on CR7 in getting the result, so when he's too quiet, Portugal suffer as a result. Postiga's challenge on Neuer was just plain silly, lucky that he was starting to pull out as he went in otherwise that could've been a straight red.

Well done Germany. Now it's time for Holland to sink the knife into Portugal (hopefully)
I see what your saying but I thought Portugal played superbly with the way they treated Ronaldo like a teammate rather than a general. He had a solid game without acting like a ball hog that so many people usually criticize him for being. Keep in mind this was germany, who is considered by many to be the best
Portugal13 (FC Porto) 2 years ago
I see you still mad cause england loses to us all the time lol
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Bayern Munich 1 - Portugal 0  Tomorrow  Barcelona vs Italy  
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Hummels saved the day.... Dorthumd, not Bayern...
Hahaha Wow I didn't even understand what was strange at first!
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
^ me neither lol
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
Only Pique and Iniesta will play from Barcelona
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
And busquets
SteveMDF (Bayern München) 2 years ago
@SoccerJam at your rate, yesterday Bayern Munich was playing Riyal Madrid, Coentrão, Ronaldo, Pepe, and wait.... Mourinho was there also!
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@cska, Fabregas as well
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Another well balanced display from Germany. Portugal has got to let the Ronaldo beast roam and let him carry the squad up the field from where ever he can. Restricting him to one side of the pitch is like keeping a cheetah in a zoo
TehOnlyCookie (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Both teams played really well.... But I think the most unlucky would be Portugal as they have the most shots on target.... But a w Hope they progress to the finals!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football