Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Germany V Greece, Jun 22
Eintracht (Eintracht Frankfurt) 2 years ago
Great match, the pen was a joke! Good fight by limited greeks but they never really had a chance to win this. Maybe 1:1 you can also consider a Foul by Samaras on Boateng but who cares...
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
How was the penalty a joke man? Boateng's arm was not with his body.... He turned back and jumped for no reason at all, as if he was afraid of the ball and the ball was heading towards the goal.... I found it a correct decision from the ref
Khaotik (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
We haven't seen the same penalty given then. Utter joke, maybe it is one in La Liga though.

Trev11 (Canning City SC) 2 years ago
Lol at this dagaza guy. Clearly has no idea of the rules yet still happy to provide his thoughtful insight. Idiot
Beautifulgame (Liverpool) 2 years ago
It's an easy penalty. He turns away, but leaves his arm behind him, so therefore he knew the ball was coming, but didn't withdraw his arm. Harsh, but you can't argue
PabloManager (Lille) 2 years ago
Ball to hand rather than hand to ball imo  
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
3 out of 4 don't give the penalty. He doesn't look at the ball and is jumping away from a shot. Ridiculous imho, but whatever...
Pvolpert22 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I'd give it. And a world class referee gave it, trev, so who's the idiot. Turning away does not give you license to leave your hand away from your body. True, we've seen it not given, but there was no effort to keep his arm and hands towards his body

As for jumping away from the shot, since when does jumping away from or towards a shot have anything to do with it?

Dabowlski (Sporting CP Lisbon) 2 years ago
Clear penalty. Not that it mattered. He blocked the ball with an extended hand, and prevented it from going into a dangerous area no less
Germanfan (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Great game for Germany. I think Boatang had a really poor game. Two goals against Germany were directly related to his poor defending. It will be interesting to see if he starts next game. Germany cannot afford to have defensive mistakes against Italy/England/Spain/France.

Ozil, Khedira, and Klose were fabulous. I think Reus was very effective on his side as well.

I think Schurrle did okay, but pressed the shot too early. Muller is a little more patient and looks up a bit more.

This next match will be much more difficult, although I think Germany demonstrated that they can breakdown defense-minded teams
Cjaystacks (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yes well done Deutschland now just win the next 2games and then we champions
CarlosZimmerman (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Something had to give today, and it was the Greek resistance that was just too inviting to the German's pressure, and it was the former who found themselves between a rock and a hard place. The Greek's just couldn't rally the troops when they got the ball and their set piece plan didn't come to fruition as the only had one corner and no attacking free kicks.Link: noeasyfootballblogsatthislevel.blogspot.co.uk/...
[account-removed] 2 years ago
OZIL muthaphakas
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Hehe I thought you said Özil maphacks for a second. Seriously though I have no idea what that means
Imuza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
He meant mother ferckers  
Vitruvius (Toronto) 2 years ago
Ozil does map hack. He doesn't need to look to know where all the players are
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Gangsta way of saying motherf**ker
KevMo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Almost looks like a Greek last name
Derjohnny (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
How amazing was that reus-goal?!?! Perfect!
Empty goal and he hits the bar.... Could have been better
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Empty goal, yes.  But he had to be really swift to get to that rebound ahead of the defence and kick the ball in  Over all very well done
It wasn't easy and he scored but it wasn't perfect like "derjohny" wrote
ChemicalBruva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
How could that have been better? It counted didn't it?
But I'm not sure it should have counted. Klose looked offside when the ball was passed to him. I could be wrong though
Any lower and it would have been blocked by one of the defenders
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
'twas a nice goal, but he should do stuff like that when there is a GK in front of the goal
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Considering the ball was unstoppable it was a "perfect" goal. Robbery47 is just writing bullshit here, sorry to say. How much better could he have scored?
Peterpan 2 years ago
This Germany is the actual best national team in the world!I'm sorry for Greece especially for the great supporters this team has. I think the panzer are unstoppable for everybody, unless whoever will play against will be allowed to put twice as many germans on the field
Gabar (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Twice as many what? You should be waiting the next few games before the finals...
Germany were f*cking awesome, though I expected more resistance from Greece. Spain is the only team that can pose a genuine threat to them (if they're on their day, and if llorente plays), though a semi against Italy would also be interesting to see
Roofiq (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England is not a European country? ...
Apparently no, England is NOT a country. United Kingdom is
Scs33 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Lol england isn't a threat...
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
England are strong on set pieces, and germany seem to be vulnerable there X_X
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hm Germany looks pretty vulnerable to counter attacks! I counted what, like 8 Germans in the Greek half when they equalised! And we know England are good on the counter! Walcott! Chamberlain! They have speed/pace!
No england is not a threat.... Not for the germans anyway
Germany were amazing, feel a bit sorry for Greece, they played better than I know some teams would've been able to against Germany
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Germany was great.... Greece wasn't bad.... But we all know Greece isn't a match for Germany!Anyway today's Spain vs France.... Who's excited?!
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
My boy reus! The perfect replacement for kagawa

Also how good is khedira getting?! He has gone from being somewhat of a squad player of both real and germany to one of the first names on the teamsheet
Gabar (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Khedira is improving his skills.... He is playing as an offensive midfielder, instead of a Makelele/Alonso/defensive midfielder role in Real Madrid.... Germany, Spain and Portugal are the best bets for this euro...
I so wanted to see Merkel hold a sign that says "Kick us out of Euros and I will kick you out of Eurozone"
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Bold move by Loew to make 3 big changes to the starting line-up, and boy did it pay off!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Was very interesting but really worked well for sure. I was surprised with no Mueller and Podolski and happy Klose got start. But worked so well and Reus got fabulous goal and Schurrle played well. Reus got a memorable goal that was fantastic. Any team we play with is great to see
AriGold88 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Great game! Loved how the team moved, rotated very much in midfield and created chance after chance, against a greece that didn't plan to do anything but destroy....
Reus made a fabulous debut at the euro, Klose good movement but bad passes. Schürrle played average I guess, he can do more. Very predictable, shooting on every occasion.
But all in all the changes were great for the team, for the passing game that was needed to get through the defence of greece. That doesn't mean they will start like this in the semi final.... But at least Reus definately deserves a chance to play more than just a few minutes! Maybe from beginning for Podolski!

Schweinsteiger was awful today. Lost some balls quite too easy and made some very bad passes that could have led to very dangerous situation.

Khedira was awesome. Both in offense and defence. Outstanding Euro until now from him!
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Greek Gk was nowhere to be klose to the ball.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football