Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Denmark V Germany, Jun 17
Gireaux (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Job done. There was nothing to win and everything to lose tonight, and it will be exactly the same against Greece. Happy for Bender. I think Reus deserves some time on the pitch in Müller's place
Gigiggg9 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yeah, but I think this mentality will hurt Germany in the long run.... Lose aversion can create a lot of problems.... Esp. When you need to score to win, not just defend
Muellerinho (Bayern München) 2 years ago
What mentality? Aversion? Like Gireaux said, there was nothing to win tonight.... If we score early against greece we shouldn´t have a problem with that game...
You can Google "lose aversion"
You see, they missed so many great chances, and their passes are.... Just not good in this game. Their lack of concentration could've cost them the chance to qualify (if you saw that hit on post in the 2nd half).
It worries me.
You have to score to win, not just defend and wait for the perfect chance.... I know they sometimes struggle with strong defence, but Germany will really need to create/ take chances to beat another good team (Spain)
I know what you are saying.... But keep in mind this was a high risk game after the 60-70 min mark.... Denmark had to come out at some point.... So what are you doing? You wait for that one counter.... At the end of the day we have won 3 games in this group...
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
True ofc. If you do not take your chances and score you lose.
Sometimes you'll draw, but lets face it, mostly you lose games like these which you should have rapped a nice red ribbon arround and lead 4:1 at half time
Anonymousandru (Bayern München) 2 years ago
If anything I think Germany's current mentality is what will win them euro. They're so disciplined. As the tournament deepens their concentration level will intense. From what i've seen so far Germany is the best at creating and taking chances
Rangzw (Barcelona) 2 years ago
No. 19 denamrk player.... What on earth are you doing in that 2nd german goal?
Anonymousandru (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Agreed. That was woeful tracking
Where are all the analysis these days? I wish there is bbc commentary somewhere....  
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Me too man! BBC is the real thing, I really miss it...
Optical (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Podolski.... 27 years old and 100 caps! Wow!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
And that was his "weak" foot lol
100 caps with his "weak" foot .... That´s a good one
Hatooma10 (Al Ahly) 2 years ago
I hate soccer officiating.... Its doing nothing but ruining the beautiful game.... That was a clear nice deliberate grab on the jersey from germany in the penalty box.... Thus a clear freakin penalty! That would have changed the game.... If he didn't want it to count he just shouldnt have grabbed! Screw fifa and screw the referees!
Yadler93 (Eintracht Frankfurt) 2 years ago
That was no penalty
Brainsare (Juventus) 2 years ago
Yes it was. Clear penalty. Bendtner's shirt was stretched, he lost momentum, and he was not holding the german player in return. GTFO
Critic135 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Biased german fans
Valdemarr (Energiya Khabarovsk) 2 years ago
That was not enough for a penalty
Lets put it this way: you can call it if you are a picky ref. But even of he had, that would not have been deserved in the slightest and imho probably (you never know) still not have been enough
His shirt was stretched cause he pulled it himself when demanding a penalty to the ref.
Few penalties are awarded for touching a player or pinching his shirt
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Alda, it was a penalty. Just stop trying to find a way that it isn't bacause you won't find it, its embarrassing, just accept it
SongkyKong (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Agger was impressive that has to be said. His form for club and country has been good
It was expected Denmark would play defensively. But when they were out and needed TO score they kept parking the bus....
WTF? .... Parking.... Still parking.
Somebody needs to explain them the rules.
In all seriousness. ARE YOU f*****g kidding ME? Minutes before you go out of the Euros you bring on additional strikers and go all in don't you?
ColonelBX (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Great impression from both sides, the Danes were close!

And for Germany.... Lars was better then Boateng so far, and I still don't understand why Muller keeps starting. Lots of workrate maybe, but during this tourny so far he hasn't change my opinion of being overrated. I hope he changes that.
And Gomez.... He's great don't get me wrong, but at the past 3 games although he did score 3 goals, but I still think Klose would have done much better. I don't know why though....
.... I can only agree to your Gomez and Klose comparison. I still think Klose is the better player
Germanfan (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I'm with you on the Gomez/Klose opinion
Aufgehtsbayern (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Yea its not that kloses the better player, its that he's the better player for this system. Gomez is never gonna' be roaming forward that's able to do nice one twos with his team mates
Greatwhitezomb (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I think Low has been using gomez in the group stage to help re-build the bayern players confidence after their champions league defeat. In his heart Low knows Klose is the better starting striker for this system, and I believe we will see more of Klose starting in the clutch matches. Then maybe then, if Klose isn't getting the job done, Low can sub in a confident and Gomez as opposed to a less confident one. Yeah?
For our system you have to be technically strong, thus I believe Klose to be the better player, not just for the system...
Greatwhitezomb (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I'd pick Klose over Gomez any day any time. With the like of Ozil and muller to assit, Klose is not only technically better, HE IS unstoppable in the AIR!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Hard to believe that's Podolski's 'weak' foot haha
I4SUN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Blame the Denmark #19 guy for the 2nd goal scored against because he stopped chasing back.
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I was just looking for someone else noticing that
What in the holy f00k was that player doing?!
That's the most dispassionate defending in the worst of times
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Germany once again, fails to disappoint their fans, so proud to be a fan of Germany
So proud of yourself having chosen to support Germany? Well done! You support Italy too then? They kicked us out of our own WC. Maybe you can consider yourself 1/2 a plastic fan. Don't be proud of that
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Haters gonna' hate. Support whom you want to and have fun watching the games
Support italy and germany at the same time.... That´s very rare
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
W00sh, that is my problem for supporting two teams and I'm proud to be it. And 4 your info, I love Germany even more. You may keep saying I'm a plastic fan or what, THEY WILL forever BE FAV teams
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Unlucky Danes. You're 2-3 players away from being a great team. Germany played like usual, firing all cylinders!
Gospain (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Germany played with class! Podolski eh, wonder how will he plays with Arsenal next season alongside RVP
BTW, Gomez is Better than Klose!
Say that when Gomez has 15 WC goals
Loopster (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Podonsky is getting some polish be!Tches tonight  
Hell yeah!
Metallicapc (Arsenal) 2 years ago
.... Really.... Classy

Kick4Life - changing lives through football