Forums / Germany
Order: Newest / Oldest
Austria V Germany, Sep 11
Murda1 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Germany still looking good!
Slasic (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Pick it up germany
Loudwater (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Looks like Germany got lucky in this game. Defence looked terrible. (Was Mats Hummels dream walking though the game?!?) The youngsters still have a long way to go to bring a major trophy back to Deutschland...
OddSpud (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
He had a few errors but also some amazing saves
Jaysetsfire69 (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Hummels played great, except for that failed pass in the beginning. The defensive player who was disappointing and played very poor indeed for his standards (again!) was LAHM. Why does everyone, especially in Germany, criticize Hummels (again) and more or less ignore Lahm's sub-standard performance...
Thebevaneffect (Wigan Athletic) 2 years ago
I don't think i've ever seen ozil take a penalty before. Maybe he feels threatened; that he needs to become more responsible and add to his game since the arrival of modric to real madrid?
Erich (1. Nürnberg) 2 years ago
Schweinsteiger wasnt there to shoot it, somone has to do it and I believe özil is the right man for this job
Ajaxgooner (Ajax) 2 years ago
Ozil is better than modric
MementoMori (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Ozil also took a pen in the Euros against Italy. I think he and Bastian will be the main penalty takers for Germany now
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Is germany underestimating them?
Palandiell (Bayern München) 2 years ago
No Löw said it would be a game on the same level. In the end Austria was even better
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Defensively Germany looked very poor. But this team is so young and exciting that if Spain was not there, then they would easily dominate for 10 years or so
Loopy8 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You're forgetting Brazil
Eintracht (Eintracht Frankfurt) 2 years ago
Brazil? If you said Italy.... But Brazil?! The last time they have shown the world great football was in 2002
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Why does everyone think italy is suddenly unbeatable and a powerhouse again> they had one good tournament.
Brazil may not be as strong as they use to be but look at the age of their squad and look at the results that young squad is producing
Ajaxgooner (Ajax) 2 years ago
SIEG!
NilmarJunior (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Austria was better, no doubt.
Btw, the 2-0 was irregular. It may have been a foul, but it was 2 meters offside befor the foul happened. And the offside wasnt even hard to see, they both ran into the same direction. But, yeah what should I say, german luck as always
Yes they had luck but there was no offside before the 2-0. Austrias leftback makes it onside
You couldn't even see that he was onside. They didn't show it on ARD. But they did show it on ORF and he was 2 meters offside
Wtf.... You can easily stop the ARD video at the moment he passes the ball -> no offside!
Erich (1. Nürnberg) 2 years ago
Actually it was offside, but whatever
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Wow austrian fans must be the worst in the world. What a bunch of c***s
Yes indeed, that was disappointing to say the least
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Lot of people saying that austria outplayed germany. Lol is that a joke? Count how many of austria chances came from the ball rebounding off players randomly
So Germany was better, right?
Lommelun (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Ouch. If Austria were a bit more clinical in their finishing, they'd have been winning 2-0 after 20 Minutes. And how do you not equalise with those chances in the last minutes. So, I for one would say, yes, they have outplayed Germany, but what it came down to in the end (as it does so often) is individual class (or lack thereof)
Chanman (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I don't know what it is about Hummels, but he makes me nervous back there. He's very good don't get me wrong, just IDK what it is that makes me so nervous with him in the middle
It's probably because you're witnessing the best defensive player to be in the making
Piggedy (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
You get nervous because he makes your dingy tingle. He's one of the best central defenders in the world.... Or soon will be
Germanfan (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
From what I just watched, Austria lost the game, Germany didn't win it. Austria were hungry for goals and really put pressure on Germany's defence, causing several mental and tactical mistakes. They just didn't quite get that finishing touch.

Germany need to improve before they will be competitive for a WC title
Azzuri17 (Palermo) 2 years ago
That guy mist two goooood chances at the end, so sad....    And Arnautovic is a friggin beast!
Connections (Juventus) 2 years ago
Germany got lucky.... This was Austria's game to win
Dany10 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Always nice seeing germany play
Isenblud (Barcelona) 2 years ago
These players need to play in bigger clubs  
Aufgehtsbayern (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Leave the dortmund jungs in dortmund

Kick4Life - changing lives through football