Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your World Team Of The Decade!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
So, goal.com reaveld its Team of the decade, a month ago.... I think.... But some guys were toooo unhappy about it.
So what's u'r team of the decade.... (please don't include [C.] ronaldo or messi.... Please they must be included onlyin the next decade!)

So heres mine:

----------------Buffon--------------------
--Maldini----terry---cannavaro---roberto carlos--
-----------------edgar davids------------------------
Dinho---------zidane-----------kaka
-----------ronaldo---------henry

Nows u'r turn

Buddy (Arsenal) 4 years ago
1buffon 2. Thuram 3. Maldini 4. Cannavaro. 5. Nesta 6. Vieira 7. Figo 8. Kaka 9. Zidane 10. Ronaldo(brazil) 11. Henry subs. 12. Roy keane 13. Puyol 14. Ronaldinho 15. Ballack 16. Kahn 17. Van nistelrooy
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
--------------casillas-------------

Maldini----Puyol----Nesta------R. Carlos

------------Xavi---Gerrard-------------

---Ronaldinho-----------------Figo-----

---------------------Zidane------------

-------------Ronaldo------------------
MDK187 (ADO Den Haag) 4 years ago
----------------cech-------------------

Maicon----terry------nesta----R. Carlos

--------xavi----------iniesta----------

Messi---------zidane--------ronaldinho

-------------ronaldo-------------------

If all the players would be in there prime. They would crush every team
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
No Messi, yet. The next decade ^^^ remember
I would choose casillas or Buffon when it comes to decade. Though cech is a very good keeper, He is very inconsistent nowadays
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Iniesta?
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
---------Buffon---------

Cafu--Terry--Cannavaro--R. Carlos

---Makelele---Xavi-----

Ronaldinho--Zidane--Gerrard

---------Ronaldo----------
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Hi, If you were talking about "decade", 2000's still haven't really end. If you are talking about the 1990's to 2000 - Kaka and Dinho wouldn't qualify and Romario, Baggio, Rivaldo, Ludrup(sp?), Bergkamp, Cantona are still around. If you were talking about 2000 onwards, wouldn't Maldini and Cafu, Davids be a tat too old for that? And CRonaldo and Messi should be able to be included because they have been playing for some years now. Btw, Maldini plays left back 1990's, and centreback 2000's onwards
Messi and [C.] ronaldo are in peak only in the last three seasons. But Dinho and kaka are plaaying very good in their last 5 or 6 seasons.... So its justified
So what will happen if suddenly after 2010 that both broke their legs and retire imminent? That makes see Ronaldo and Messi inferior for this decade and not capable of mentioning next decade? The point I'm making is not to say dinho and kaka are not justifiable. Its just that since Messi and Ronaldo are available this decade, why aren't they available for ppl's selection since in football nobody is guaranteed success.

From the looks of it, selections are base on the past 9 years. See Ronaldo has been prominent for 6 years-7 years ever since his transfer from sporting. 3 years of success out of a decade is quite alot considering a prof footballer's career length of 10-20 years....

Why not make more choices out there for fellows forumers to make their choice, ok? Pragathish?
Not like that.... [C.] ronaldo is playing from the year 2001 but he was not prominent in the starting years and he played only 25 mathes in 2001-2003. He became prominent from the year 2005.
But when you see dinho, he is playing from the year 98. And has 5 or 6 years success.
Ya Roanaldo has 4 succesful seasons but his carrier is bit short, May be he can be in the team of the decade in another two years.
And messi he has started playing only from the year 2004.... Only five years, but we are talking about the team of the decade!
Would like to point out, joined 2003 for 5 seasons in Barcelona, Ronaldinho excel in 4 and flopped from 2007 til now. His form has not been consisitent inbetween his career in Barca. 2 in PSG showed promise but nowhere in the league of fat Ronaldo or Rivaldo. Current 2 flopped seasons in Milan doesn't seems great either.

Put - Ronaldinho - Real success -
2005 2006 La Liga Champions
2006 - Champions league winner

See Ronaldo - Real Success- 2006 2007 2008 EPL champions
2008 champions league winner
2004 Fa cup

International scene- Ronaldinho did won 2002 World cup but he was not the main guy then. Ronaldo and Rivaldo are.

So much for talking about successful. You decide whose more successful bah. Cheers
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I put Ronaldinho just for the fact he was literally the best player in the world at his peak by a country mile and he is a world renowned superstar, even more so than CRonaldo and Messi are now. But that's besides the point.

But I agree with you Andydelz on this. It's very hard to not put in certain players like Messi or see Ronaldo or even Ronaldinho because no player has played just from 2000 to now (at least during their prime). Its more like 1990's to mid 2000's or mid 2000's to now and such. That is why this World XI thread is hard assemble with what the OP had in mind.
But the thing is dinho is playing for more thn 10 years but [C.] ronaldo only 8 yrs.... That's why I'm saying that he cannot be included in team of the decade.
Also I'm talking about individual performances not about how many trophies behind them.
What I'm telling is [C.] ronaldo has enough success to be apart of world of the decade but not the no of years that he had played.
I'm sure he'll be in the team next year even if he flops in real madrid.
Hope you get the point I'm trying to say
So the criteria is at least 10 years of experience in 1st team football?
Ya.... Atleast nearly ten years
Okie, if you insist. That means players younger than 28 can be totally left out.    Btw, Kaka's out too. Since he debuted 2001.
Ya IMO kaka shouldn't be there
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
--------------Buffon-------------

--Maldini--Nesta---Lizarazau--Carlos--

-------------Makelele-------------

---Bergkamp---Zidane----Ronaldinho--

----------Totti-----Ronaldo--------
Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

--------------Buffon--------------
Cafu----Nesta----Maldini----Carlos