Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Team: Summer Wishlist
RRTV1 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Although we haven't reached the closing stages of the season, nor have we a taste of the summer transfer window, we still, during the season, face the likelihood of our respective clubs being rumored in signing a player or two.

Now like many fans, you may either praise your club for rooting for this certain player, or slam them instead for signing a player whom you may feel just won't cut it. Regardless of what we may feel, most club owner(s) will not listen to our individual voices, and will make a move for a player based on their own instincts.

What if YOU were the owner of your club? If you had the choice, who would you sign for your team? How much would you pay for them? How would your formation pan out? Would the fans agree with your choices?

I leave this space, for all faithful fans, to craft your magic, and create your summer wishlist....

Cheers,
Rahul
Bayern Munich:

(transfer IN)
Hummels, Shaqiri, Trochowski, Illicevic, Coentrao, Ekici

(transfer OUT)
Van buyten, Breno, Pranjic, Altintop, Butt, Ottl, Alaba (loan out), Shaqiri (loan out), Contento (loan out)

(4-2-3-1):
Kraft- Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Coentrao- Schweinsteiger, Kroos/Gustavo- Robben, Muller, Ribery- Gomez

I welcome your feedback
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Liverpool:    (Transfer Out)  Poulsen  NGog    That is all
Lol spot on mate!
NGog is nothing against the likes of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, and Poulsen has been a flop signing ever since he came to Anfield...
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What about guys like konchesky? I thought you guys wanted him out ASAP
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
He has already been exiled.... !
Well in chelsea's case it would depend in who leaves
Out
Hilario
Anelka
Benayoun
Kalou(only if we get a very good price)
Bosingwa(He's spent a lot of time injured and I think it would make sense to sell him if we received a good offer)
In
Dmitri payet(talented young winger from the french league)
Ganso(we could really use a young AM in our squad, lamps isn't getting any younger and we should find a replacement sooner rather than later)
Neymar(Replacement for the aging drogba)
Alexis Sanchez (yes we had a bid turned down for him but I think we should go for him again, he is a good player and can really add something to the team)
Romelu lukaku(Another striker? Well if we are going to lose drogs and anelka then we might as well sign another young replacement)
Begovic(We need a better and more reliable sub goalie than hilario)
Neven subotic/Simon kjaer(considering the fact that JT is getting old and bosingwa may be on the move in the summer maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to add another defender to the team and either of these guys would be fine)
Wow that sounds like a lot of changes, but considering Chelsea's team is ageing, it makes sense.
I think you guys have a big chance to get Kjaer, because I'm sure he'd rather go somewhere else since Wolfsburg is not playing well. Not too sure on Subotic, who is poised to sign a new contract for BVB who are over the moon right now.
If you guys get Sanchez and Neymar, that would be amazing, I'd love to see how they'd play together. Would cost a fortune though lol. However, I'm not sure about Ganso, I'd think McEachran would be a much suitable successor for Lampard, since he is very much used to the Chelsea system, and looks extremely promising at a young age of 17.
Looks good though
Well we need more then just one player in the AM area because last summer we let most of our mids go and Ganso is the ideal AM that we could use in addition to Josh Mceachran (always a pain spelling out his last name)
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Benayoun out?  He is good player with a great mentality. He doesn't care about being benched but gives 100% whenever played
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Loving this. You have about the same idea as I do. This is mine....

Out:
Anelka or Drogba (prefer Drogba to stay), Benayoun, Kalou, maybe Malouda, both Bosingwa and Ferriera if Chelsea can get Subotic.
Not sure about Mikel. He will not get much playing time until Essien or Ramires is injured or gone.

In:
Lukaku, Neymar or Sanchez, Kaka or a good more offensive minded mid field player.
Maybe Subotic. Chelsea will have a top top notch defence with Subotic. But do Chelsea need a strong defence to be stronger?
Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole to Luiz, Subotic, Terry, Cole.

So 4-5 players out and 3-4 players in.
Good idea but considering how small our squad already is why should we end up losing even more players in the summer? I honestly can't see us holding on to benyoun for very long especially if ends up getting injured again. I guess it would depend on if they were willing to find another mid in his position
I would probably add another fullback to my wishlist
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Aly Cissokho, Davide Astori, new medical unit, Champions League and Lo Scudetto
Milan should sell Pato and bring in Kaka. They already got Ibra and Robinho up top
Nkrumah (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I what Pato to sign to a Ligue 1 club
JustGary (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Out: Hargreaves, Neville (already retired), Scholes (via retirement)

In: Sahin, Hamsik, and Bale

Formation: 4-4-2 all the way
Good signings would be very costly though. Bale is valued at 50m plus by spurs and they want 30m for hamsik
Do United have that much money?
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Real and barca are the only clubs in the world who makes more than us, our debt is about 300 million less than yours and our owners even though they are pricks gives sir alex what ever amount of money he ask for.
5 million for zoran tosic
14 million for nani
16 million for anderson
17 million for hargreaves
26 million to pay for tevez (he turn us down for city-more moeny-)
30 million for berbatov
50 million for valencia, hernandez, diouf, obertan, smalling and bebe.
30 million for benzima (out bid by madrid a 35 million)
19 million bid for young in january (he wasnt ready to leave villa)
Giving rooney as much as he gets per week.
As far as we know sir alex has a 100 million transfer budget
Do we have the money?
Was just asking...
Whoa no need to get so defensive. Anyway even with the money I can't see any team paying that much cash for bale. And SAF doesn't exactly like to break the bank very often but I think they can get Hamsik and Sahin but probs not bale. Btw how do we have 300m more debt than man utd?
Sorry. Just tired of people saying united don't have any money.

As for chelsea debts

Trying to stay on topic but it only becomes debts if Roman demands the money back. United deffo do have the money but whether the Glazers would allow them to spend it is another question
I doubt United will buy Bale. If Valencia return.... Him and Nani are good enough on the outside mid. I can see United bringing in either Sahin or Hamsik though.
But also, not sure if Dortmund is willing to sell their players. They are currently the best team in the German league and many top clubs are wanting their players like Hummel, Subotic, Sahin, and Kagawa. They either going to sell and get money or not sell and stay a top team in Germany and build to become a top team in Europe/the world. I pick the second choice
Out
Obertan, bebe, gibson (loan) macheda (loan)

In
Cleverley, welbeck, phillipe coutinho,

----------------lindegaard/kusczcak-----------

Rafael----------vidic------ferdinand-----------evra

---------------fletcher/hargreaves(if fit)-----------

Valencia--------------coutinho/cleverley-------------nani

--------------------rooney--------berbatov---------------
I like this.... Simplistic, but ambitious. But coutinho would be an awesome signing if you guys do eventually sign him.
What about keeper, would you be happy with lindegaard/kusczcak, or would you want lloris or neuer?
Just a thought
I like lindegaard and thinks he deserve a chance. He might just turn out to be better than lloris and neuer. Sometimes you don't have to spend big to get the best, example evra, vidic and park cost united a total of around 15 million pounds
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
In: Hummels(17-20) or Sakho(13-18), most likely Botia(buy back at >3), one more depending on how Bojan finishes the season. Wouldn't mind Henrique returning or Kierrison returning (from loan)

Out: Milito(5m), Hleb (8m) Ibra is already outgoing for 25
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Woohoo! Someone listened to my many, many suggestions that for a completed defence, we only need Hummels. He's just fantastic, although his price will probably soar after this season. I would like Mats to either stay with BVB, or come to Barça. I'd hate to see him go back to the club that sold him in the first place (sorry Bayern faithful)
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Out: Didier Drogba (this is depending on how Anelka plays till the end of the season, it might be Anelka leaving instead; but surely one of them has to go)
Hilario (hopefully he retires or something lol)

In: Amir Begovic (stoke city) We need a good back up goalie in case anything happens to Cech, or just to give Cech a couple of cup games off. And he is just what we need; young, and a very solid goal keeper.

Pedro Leon: Real Madrid clearly don't need him, and we are in need of someone to play on the right wing - a real right winger, not a CM (ramires) He is pretty descent player, should not cost much and from what I have seen, he is a very good crosser!

Cech
Ivanovic.... Luiz.... Terry.... A. Cole
Pedro Leon.... Essien.... Lampard.... Malouda
.... .... Sturridge/Anelka (or Drogba).... Torres....

This is just me trying to be conservative, I expect Roman to sign more than just 2 freaking players lol, but realistically I don't think we should spend that much again. Just get these 2 on the cheap, and maybe another Mid-fielder (hopefully not Kaka)
Pedro Leon is a quality lad wasting time at madrid. With Benayoun coming back from injury chelsea's midfield will be better next season I guess
I have heard only great things about Pedro leon's potential, and I don't think anyone would like it if it were left in the bench. If chelsea are able to get the guy both parties would be happy...
Well deffo need more mids to replace our ageing ones and the ones that have been declining
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Out: Milito (for 5-8m), Hleb (for 8m), Ibra (for 25m) and Rossell (for a brief handshake from our new president Johan Cruijff )

In: A team of crack scientists to clone Messis, Xavis, Puyols and Iniestas and obviously my favourite defender Mats Hummels (20-30m)
Well the question is if you were president so that would mean that you would have kicked Rosell out a long time ago and Cruyff would already be your vice-president.

What would you do with the players currently on loan? Kierrison, and Henrique?
Haha lets pretend Jeroen is a step above the president, and he controls everthinggg.... Including who hires/fires the president as well
Barca10a (Barcelona) 3 years ago
In: bale (20-30m) nasri (20-30m)and hummels (20-30m)
Out: milito and hleb (what ever price) rossell get the f**k out!
Loaned out: nolito, maybe bojan
Bale will cost at least 50m, why would they sell arguably their best player for around 30m? Same for Nasri.... He is about to sign a new contract, that will bump up his price tag (that is if he does sign it)
Not sure if this is realistic. Even your prices are not realistic
Yeah the prices aren't very realistic. Even if Spurs wanted to sell 20-30 million I'm 100% positive a bidding war would happen and his price would jump to 50m like Chelseaman said if not more.

If they won't sell Cesc they won't sell Nasri unless something goes horrible wrong with his contract negotiations
I thought Barca said they 40m to spend in the market. So atm maybe they'll get one of those players
This summer transfer window will be roughly 65 if Zlatan's transfer doesn't fall into the 40
No I think one of the executives(can't remember his name I think it was faus) said theybhad already taken ibras transfer into account considering they had basically already agreed the fee from way before. But its still should be a busy transfer window for barca
I don't see many big changes to be honest. Defence is a priority and I think a CB and a LB will be joining us. I think we may get another midfielder depending on whats available but that is already a surplus buy since we have Thiago, Afellay, Keita, Mascherano and Adriano who can play midfield too.

A forward would be nice but it would only happen if there is a good price on a talented youngster or Nolito decides to depart
Out:Konchesky(2M), Poulsen(2. 5M), N'gog(5M), Skrtel(7 to 8M), Jovanovic(1 to 2M), Aquilani(10M)

In:
Charlie Adam(12M), Taiwo(free), Honda(10M), Wickham(10M)(Or Sturridge-7M) and Gary Cahill(15 to 20M)(or Simon Kjaer- 10M)

So now you want Sturridge? Hahahaha. We offered him to you guys in January (part of the Torres deal) but you guys said no - what a steal that would have been wow. No way he is leaving now, unless you cough up 15m oh and it will be great if you can get Taiwo (especially for free) he is a quality defender, with a rocket on his left foot
Haha but 15M is pretty high. I can see him leaving Chelsea this summer unless you guys sell one of your three strikers!  We are waiting
Lol at Chelseaman93.
I think Blackpool is asking for at least 15m for Adam.
Would love to see Honda in the premier league.
Sturridge will cost more than 7m after his loan at Bolton. He is doing great there.
Chelsea could not get Cahill, doubt can get him too unless the price is at least 18m
Can't see Honda, or Kjaer going for those prices. Honda is in Russia now and those teams won't let go of a star player for 10m

Kjaer was one of the hottest properties of the summer and since he has only been at Wolfsburg for a year will command around 20m
Gonna' be costly to get all of them though, the owners had better be willing to spend big
And yeah, honda could cost 15-20m and I think bolton put a 25m price tag on cahill too
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I don't see sturridge leaving
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
As a barca fan, I just hope we don't sign fabregas. Even if its going to happen eventually. I am too a gunner, and Arsenal would lose a VERY big impact to their game without cesc. On the other hand, I want red bulls to sign anelka
Fabregas is too expensive. I'd prefer to hold off on that purchase
Instead of fabregas, why doesn't barca try players from their youth to their first team before they leave too? Thiago Alcantara is the first person that strikes my mind. Not too familiar with Barcelona this season, could you guys just update me why barca want fabregas for so much money, when they hav youth who have the potential to become possibly as good?
Its not that Barca need Fabregas, the press are just obsessed with him. I'm not actually sure where Fabregas lies on the agenda.

Thiago is not going to leave though as the terms for his automatic contract renewal will be met next season. The condition of automatic renewal is promotion into the first team.
I'll try to dig up an article about how La Masia operates and you'll understand the situation with Thiago.

Edit: here it is: Link: www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/la-masia-like-a-labor...
Barca don't need fabregas, I'm not even sure if they really need any more mids especially because of the great youth team they have. Cesc would cost a fortune anyway so if they really need another mid they can look at their youth system or someone cheaper
Only midfield that I would add are the ones that come cheap and have great potential. Anything else would be wasted
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Just to inform you guys, guardiola/fcb, plans to use cesc as a replacement for the aging xavi. And what better replacement than arguably the current greatest midfielder? Sure the youth system springs wonderful talent, but the experience fabregas has with the big clubs, and his confidence, allows a perfect target for barca. However, if barca were to purchase cesc, right now would be the best time, before cesc is on sale for an even greater price. But then again, he will be a bench warmer until xavi is done. I just don't want to see xavi done
I think I will add ayew and Oriol Romeu to my wish list
Just as long as Romeu doesn't end up at your club you can keep wishing
I see him as the one to take over from scholes and you know he won't get many opportunities with iniesta, xavi, busquet and all the other midfielders you have around
True but Barca's players are overplayed so I think there are opportunities for him, Thiago, Deulofeu etc. The team is aging, not as quickly as say Chelsea, or Milan but Puyol and Xavi are in their 30's
You still have rafa and thiago, jonathon dos santos, sergi roberto etc am sure it won't hurt if he moves to manchester.  
Only if you give us a buy back of 5m like Pique
We are not arsenal, if a player says he wants to leave we let them. Examples, pique, ronaldo, hienze, tevez
You aren't Blackburn either
Out: Hilario/Turnbull or P. Fererria

In:.... I wouldn't mind a good RW or a CAM, but that's about it, and maybe a kid with a name I can't pronounce from a country like Luxembourg.

And I think we should add an extra section, who to bring up from youth squad.

Who to bring up from youth squad: Milan Lalkovic, Borini (if he's still there), Jan Sebek
If hilario or turnbull is leaving then we'll need a sub goalie
Which is why I said only one of them, they're both equally s**t in every department, I havent even seen sebek, but I have a feeling he runs circles around those goons
Actually let's keep turnbull as a 3rd goalie because he's a homegrown player and we don't have enough at the moment

Kick4Life - changing lives through football