Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Personal 2010 Match Of The Year
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well, 2010 has been over for a while now but I think this is kind of an important thread.

So basically, its just an open thread to what you believe was the game of the year. It could be one where your team won controversially, it could be a hotly contested draw/narrow win. Or it could be a smashing.

Mine is the last.

Its a little pixely. But for me this match was possibly one of the most happiest moments in any chelsea fans lives. Sure we effectivley won the season at OT, but this smashing was a symbol of the prolific scoring season.

Chelsea 8 - 0 Wigan
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Yeah this was my favorite as well. To end the season and wrap up the title with a 8-0 victory was amazing
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
My favorite match from last year is PSG's win against eternal rivals Marseille. In a great atmosphere, PSG didn't wait long before scoring 2 goals within the first 20 minutes. That was one of the most important wins in 2010, surely!

BoboRed (Leeds United) 3 years ago
I can't even remember last night, let alone last year ffs.

However, I could never forget the last match of the season that we needed to win to secure promotion.

I could post the higlights of the game, but that's a bit meh, so heres a video showing the tension on the bench in the last couple of minutes of the match. Great video!

Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Liverpool 2-2 Everton. Most of you will be suprised why I choose this match. But in this match we outplayed Everton (except for the period when you scored the two goals) we were playing like champions. All our players were commited and playing at top level including Fernando Torres. He was truly amazing in that game.
Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United
Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City
Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-3 Tottenham
Tottenham 3-1 Inter Milan
Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
The El clasico, barca thrashing Madrid. Loved that match. Another one of the most memorable matches of 2010 for me was Barcelona vs Stuttgart because I was watching it in Mexico. I was asleep at the bar for most of the match(long story) but I saw the highlights later in the states and just laughing, I was there for that match, just didn't necessarily see it. What a cracker Messi unleashed against Lehman though in the 11 minute, one of my favoritos of the season.

Liverpool had few memorable matches in 2010. Beating Chelsea 2 0, but the hero of that game is now playing for the team he beat. Gerrard equalizing against United with his free kick was super exciting I was screaming and yelling but we fell short of a comeback. 2011 has been very different though, had some amazing memorable games already, Dirk's 6 yard hat trick, and the magic of Suarez, Carroll's brace, I expect there will be many more exciting games to come in 2011.

And of course 2010 was a World Cup year! The most memorable match for me is of course, USA vs Algeria where we won the game dramatically in stoppage time to win our group and advance through to the knockouts. That a kid Donovan. The incredible comeback we put together against Slovenia, a game we should have won if it weren't for some terrible refereeing. That was a great game. Netherlands vs Uruguay was another amazing match. As well as the opener South Africa vs Mexico, tshabalala! I will just say I was in an interesting situation for that game as well, lot of Mexicans watching it with me, I think I was the only one rooting for S. A. Awesome though, all the Mexicanos were awesome cats
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well its nice to see you think beating chelsea is memorable

Kick4Life - changing lives through football