Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Favourite Moment In Football.
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
It'd be cool if everyone could share their favourite moment in life involving Football, the one moment of pure bliss which shoves all the worries and agonies of everyday life out of your head.

It will be really interesting hearing from a wide range of fans from a wide age group (right?) although I can guess a couple.... *cough*Greece winning euro2004*cough*

For me, it has to be norn irons 3-2 win over spain in the World Cup qualifiers, it was the peak of Northern Irelands giant killing a couple of years back, it was a year after we beat England 1-0 and a couple of months before we beat Sweden 2-1. Being one of the smallest nations in the world, I know few matches will come close to the scorelines we ground out in 05-07 and few have come close in the past (Spain in '82)

What about you guys?
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Winning the champions league,
I was so relieved because I had missed a penalty,
And erm.... *Sniffs* I thought I had cost us the cup,

I thought it was over, until John Terry tooked his pen,
C**ky son of a b***h missed LOL!
And when VDS saved Anelka the skinny piece of misery shot
I was absolutely delighted and so relieved!

Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
You guessed it moonpig, the whole EURO 2004 tournament was like heaven. Charisteas is god, back home. But one of my most memorable EPL goal was FA Cup final when Giggs beat the whole arsenal team and rocked it at the keeper and exposed his hairy chest. Awesome
Exposing is an understatement  The most curliest chest hair in quite possibly in the World!    Good GOD!
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Goodness me so so curly! He should really shave good
Hehe I said 2002, I listened to the FACup semi on the radio and the commentator went absolutely nuts. Believe it or not, Kaka said that was one of his favourite goals of all time in an interview with futbal mundial (I think)
In an intervie with KAKA called him one of the best on couldn't believe that a few years back he was playing with him on playstation and no they're on the same pitch
Champions league (oh by the way I saw you crying afterwards Ronnie so sorry) The EPL and that old English pride of the FA cup
Oh really guys? I live in a MU household and my brother cherishes the treble far more than he does the trophies of last year
I'm saying my personal moment, As I can remember the game like yesterday!  Still gives me the nerves
Me too. The penalties, so nerve racking
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
When wayne rooney had that amazing volley that dipped into the top corner of the goal
Which one? Am I right wayne
The one against newcastle when the defender headed the ball directly to him
That was boss taso, but his first premier league goal against arsenal was just a bit more classy
It was very far out that goal, but the volley had so much swerve it dipped like crazy and it was so powerful I have to say that is my #1
All I know is that when I'm on the pitch I create memories!
Lol  Very good!
You Too Ronnie
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Given my life has been short, I'll have to go with a recent experience. Turkey's run at the Euro Championships. Absolutley stunning. I most vividly remember the goalie nailing it 90 yards right above the box, the ball bouncing out, and Turkey pouncing on it for the win. And the goalie getting red carded (they were out of subs; a defender took his jersey and stepped in)
For 13 years old, you are fairly articulate and your knowledge is pretty damn good! Haha

Kick4Life - changing lives through football