Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Favorite Goal Ever
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Not what you think is the best goal or anything like that. Just what is your favorite goal that you have seen. It's a very hard question but an important one, because of the beauty of it, the significance, the passion, maybe it was a goal you scored yourself. Just wondering what people's favorites are, I searched favorite and didn't see this so I thought I would make a topic about it.

Is it a classic, some of my favorite old school goals

Gol de imposible

Zico's bicicleta, sorry Ant

Puskas, lovely touch inside the area, made the defender look silly, I believe that was against England

First touch is magic

Just the Sublime goals that leave you wondering how it's possible

This touch is even better, not bad for the 90th minute of a World Cup, announcer hahaha

Juninho, the ball actually corkscrews just dumb

Legend

Le God

Messiah

Still don't know how a guy that tall can pull it off

My favorite goal ever though is a simple one, yet it means so much to the game and the history here. It will forever be remembered, never been so happy to see the ball go into the back of the net. Went nuts

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Amazing goal from messiah!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Well you can guess who scored my favourite goal duncan, its just exquistely done.

Of course Tone haha, superb goal, control on the chest and than just floats it over the defenders and watches it nestle in the back of the net. Got to love Best
None other...... Than the nicest man to grace football.

Tomthedon (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I remember this goal like it was yesterday. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I was lucky enough to see him live on a few occasions (in 97/98 when he was sublime).  Brilliant footballer!
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Legend! Love that man every since I was a kid
Ay Gianfranco just pure class. Did they fire him from West Ham? I think he can be a great manager
Zidane - champions league final 2002. Winner. Lets all go home.

Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
My favorite goal scored by my favorite player Ronaldo (3.25)

Uefa Cup Final against S.S.Lazio.

JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
My favorite goal EVER! Rivaldo's Dummy made it look so world class.

Pragathish (AC Milan) 2 years ago
You know me Duncan and you know what I'm gonna' post too:

Oh the slowness must have been painful
To me the best finisher I've watched, game after game, was Romario when he played for Barcelona. There was no mucking around, Michael Laudrup & co got the ball up to Romario and he would put it in the net, only as simple or as fancy as it was necessary. Always in perfect balance to make fools out of defenders and goalkeepers.

The first video shows a typical Romario goal, he makes it look so easy.

Some of his goals in the 93/94 season...

This from the '94 World Cup. There is just no doubt that he will smack the ball in...

The first goal is just.... Wow. Pure class
All you have type into Youtube to find this goal is 'Bergkamp Vs' and half of your results will be this goal. A piece of genius I had never seen before and have not seen since, truley outstanding. The best touch in the business.

He was a special player!
Ah classic Dennis he had one of the best touches I have ever seen. The fact that he did that with his left is amazing, definitely one of the best and one of my favorite goals for sure. Zizou, Cruijff, maybe Le Tissier are the only players to rival his touch in my opinion
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Sneijder's and Robben's goals were simply ridiculous! I was to lazy to just put up the 2 goals only but whatever. All in all, a great game to watch.

Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Well you may think I'm stupid because Its only recent but this for me is the best goal of all time. In a match, a semi final as big as this, in the champions league against real madrid a team full of superstars like ronaldo, adebayor and casillas, to keep the ball so close to him and not lose control is just sublime. Absolutely incredible

Out of all of the madrid superstars to name you choose an emergency loanee adebayor? What about Ozil, Di Maria, or anyone else?

Good goal though
Class all the way! He definitely is the world no. 1 bar none!
Messiah, just an alien on that goal, so fast and the ball stayed in perfect control to his foot as he burned through defenders like Berba through cigarettes. What a goal, vintage, what a player
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Heres another fellow countryman of mine, a very young norman whiteside scoring the winner in the 1985 fa cup final v everton, the game finished 1-0 to utd.
United had kevin moran sent off earlier in this game, and he was the first ever player sent off in an fa cup final, but big norm saved the day with a peach of a goal.

Norman Whiteside yesss.... I remember watching that game. What's Whiteside up to these days?
   Last one from me
Superb goal just a real classic, one for the history books. Someone posted it above but it's worth being on here twice.

This is one of my favorite's of zizou

Thought some people may find this interesting as well

Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Joe Coles Goal against Sweden.

Its not my absolute favorite but its one I watch over and over again and still be amazed
[account-removed] 2 years ago
This one......    
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Magnificient! Messi punishing Getafe with no mercy

Kick4Life - changing lives through football