Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your Club! Fan! But Why?
Vincentson (1. Köln) 2 years ago
Hey,

I'm vincent from berlin. I'm currently studying visual communication at UdK berlin and for a project about "love" I'm working on a little brochur about football and fanculture.
We all love and support our favorite club. It doesn't matter if its your hometown club or a club from the other side of the world. I think for most people the love for your club and fanculture in general is a phenomenon that's neither easy to understand nor to describe. But for my project I need your help!

I need you to answer a few questions. It will only take you a few minutes. I have no doubt that it will give me some awesome material for my brochur I'd really appreciate it.

So here we go:

Where are you from and which club do you support?
What is special about the club you support and why / since when your are a real supporter?
How would you describe the love for your club and how do you express it?

All the best,

Vincent
Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm from Derby and I follow them in the Championship and got to a few games but really I support Chelsea and that's who I follow in the Prem. Chelsea are special because blue is my fave colour and not much else, and I've been a fan since I was like 6 or something because I just decided to pick a team who I would support. My love for the club is all the merchandise I have like wallet, shirts, duvete cover and more
Fischi (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I support united because it was the first club in fifa96 to have 5 stars, and I wanted a good team. This is also the start of ryan giggs being my favourite player
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm from Dublin, but have family from Liverpool. I spent my teens getting ferries and flights over there to watch games in Anfield. The reason I love Liverpool is because the fans are incredible. Its a culture of loving the club as opposed to some other clubs that do nothing but hate the rivals. The Liverpool song "You'll never walk alone" sums up the whole thing.... No matter what is going on, we're there for each other and the team
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
I naturally support Paris.SG, because it's the club of the city of Paris, in which I grew up.

As a kid when I watched PSG's Champions League matches against Spartak Moscow, Bayern Munchen back in 1994, the partnership between George Weah and David Ginola, as well as the Electric atmosphere in the Parc des Princes stadium, I went "WoW" and I wanted to be part of that so bad. I've always loved Daunting atmospheres in football (The Flares,"Papelitos", "Tifos", Flags, The Drums and of course the loud chants). Which was good enough for me to commit as a ticket holder and support my team even during tough times.

Pari'-4-life!
Elbert (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Error:
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
   Now now, no need to be so hard on yourself because you're a United fan!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lmao
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Because in Fifa 07, they were considered rivals with Arsenal, my cousin's team
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm from India but I was born and have lived in Thailand for my whole life. Over here the majority of the supporters are Liverpool fans and a lot of them (including almost all of my friends) also support Man United. I started watching football at about the time that Jose Mourinho took charge of Chelsea (right before he was about to become manager) and I'm not exactly sure what it was that got me so interested in them but even though they didn't win the title that year I just couldn't stop supporting or watching them play. Soon Mourinho took over and we became unstoppable and that's when I really started following footy (not just watching it on TV). I soon became a hardcore Chelsea fan and supported them no matter what happened
Vincentson (1. Köln) 2 years ago
Thank! You are awesome! Your answers really help a lot

But feel free to answer if you want to. I always can use some new material

Cheers

V

Kick4Life - changing lives through football