Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Young Players To Look Out For...
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I posted these players in the who's going to replace Ronaldo thread, but I am wondering who else everyone is looking at to become the next great footballers:

Douglas Costa

Miralem Pjanic

Giovinco

Alan Dzagoev

Neymar

Ciro

Javier Pastore

What do you guys think? Is there a thread on this already....I hate creating duplicate threads, but it can be a real hassle looking through page by page
Barca4life09 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
You forgot bojan, ballotelli I think they will be big
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I have pjanic on my fifa 10 team and he is amazing! Neymar is already a up and coming forward
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Giovinco, with Del Piero nearing his end, he could pair Iaquinta or Amauri up top. Wicked speed, and he did a lot for me when I bought in FIFA 09.
Haha, I love football video games. I just wish players always turned out as awesome in reality as they do in the game. Any other young players to mention though? I was intending just to include these guys as a starting point
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Giovinco looks like his the real deal.... No pun intended.

Against Chelsea he was awesome.... He took on 3 players with ease.... Single handedly.... Juventus's best playey by far...
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago
For sure Giovinco s d player to watct out for...
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Giovinco is going straight to the top
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Man.... When you start talking about young players, I can't stop naming them.... I have a whole list of them.... !
Moussa Dembele - AZ Alkmaar
Ramires - Cruzeiro
Stephane M'Bia - Rennes (Everton have interest)
Yoann Gourcuff - Bordeaux
Falcao - River Plate
Marek Hamsik - Napoli
Cristian Zapata - Udinese
Jeremy Menez - Roma
Robert Acquafresca - Caligari
Igor Akinfeev - (not sure what club)
Stephen Ireland - Man City
Marvin Emnes - Boro
Felipe Caicedo - Man City
Franco Di Santo - Chelsea
Daniel Sturridge - Man City
Damen Plessis -Liverpool (I hope he'l soon be big....)
Lucas Biglia - Anderlecht (Aston Villa have interest)
Tranquillo Barnetta - Leverkusen
Renato Agusto - Leverkusen
Micheal Knightly - Wolves
Cameron Jerome - Birmingham
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - Wolves
De La Red - Real Madrid
Martin Caceres - Barca
Diego Capel - Sevilla (really good)
Bojan Kirk - Barca
Kerrison - Coritiba
Leo - Gremio
Freddy Adu - Monaco
Charles Kabore - Marseille
Much muchc more.... (just 2 tired to type more....)
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
Daniel Sturridge I hate to say won't make it to be a good player, his attitude is too crap for one so young.

Freddy Adu won't make it, I don't think he has what it takes to survive in the top leagues. #

Bojan is going to be a star.

I also highly rate Marcelo at Madrid, probably the only defender they should keep this summer
Marcelo is a pretty great defender already and has plenty of time to improve. He'll be great
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Jose Altidore?
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
       Kind of long but great footage
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
America! Just wait till he gets time on Villareal's first squad alongside Giuseppe Rossi. That'll be a great tandem
Ya bojan def a big star in future
Geez.... Killer post haha. Which are your personal favorites though? Out of your list I'm partial to Gourcuff.... That goal was absolutely phenomenal this season
Well.... Erm.... Hard to choose.... I do expect Roma's Jeremy Menez (Deep forward) to do well. Marek Hamsik (attacking midfielder) already has a high profile and we might see Stephane M'Bia (defensive midfielder) in the Prem.... Plus Diego Capel (Winger) from Sevilla, he was in the "top 100 players in the world" last year.... In 96th place I think.... (he's still only 21!) he might actually be a decent replacement for CR7 if he progresses even better...
Yeah I've seen him before.... He's a pretty great finisher for such a young player
This proves your point....  
Here's the French wonderkid, Jeremy Menez, from Roma

I like it.... Thanks for the video links. Good stuff
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I saw Diego Capel play in the Fifa U-20 World Cup a couple of years back and he definitely had a lot of skill. He seemed to be more than happy to go about beating an entire team on his own. Pique in my opinion is better
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I can't wait for Davide Santon to mature. Even though he's playing for Inter, he'll be magnificent for Italy on the national stage. Possibly their Maldini. Although I don't think that he'll be a one club man
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yohann Gourcuff is amazing. For me he is france best player. About nigerian superstar Uche. He destroyed Evra
Wannabgunner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Hello PATO anyone!

He is going to be soooo good
And messi is really young as well

And vela no one has said
He already is a starter for mexico and scored some fantastic goals for arsenal this season
In the carling cup and fa cup
He has amazing skills
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Macheda!
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Just sit back and watch this video, includes some of the biggest names to be in football. Made a while though so don't go crazy if the player is older than it says.

Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Wow, no comments, that's a first
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ya Pato is already on of europes best strikers. Macheda had a first good 2 games. But the rest were average
Yeah he really needs a couple of extra years to grow and mature as a player, but he has genuine quality
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Umm which one you think fergie will get?
Fergie will be signing Valencia and I hope Benzema.... Though Lyon really really doesn't want to sell him this year
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I Love the pjanic goal. He is one rising star. Can't wait to see what team he goes too in the future
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Carlos Vela. He has scored some pretty spectacular goals
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
What about Giovani Dos Santos? 'arry didn't really give him a fair shot at WHL.

Your kidding about Adu, right?

Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
The only reason people have knocked off Freddy Adu is because everyone expected him to be the best player ever at age 14! He's still a great player, and is one of the future stars of our national team
Agreed
Ya freddy adu is a good player more players like him and usa has a bright future in international competition
Once Donovan gets too ole, we'll have Altidore and Adu up top (like two and a half difference, in height and age! )

Kick4Life - changing lives through football