Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Xabi Alonso Transfer Business
Elucari (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Today I read an article in which Fernando Torres exclaimed that it would be a great loss to Liverpool if Alonso left for Real Madrid, and he was urging his teammate to stick around. Benitez is also threatening to pull out his offer soon. One arguement that was made that it is a Spanish player's dream to play for Real Madrid. How do you guys think Alonso will sort this out?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
All Liverpool fans would definitely want him to stay, but it's his own choice....  I just hope he doesn't regret his decision....
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
People players come and go. No man is a team if he wants to leave let him leave a replacement. They are many stars in the world and a big name team like liverpool can attract them
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
But the thing is. It is very hard to find a replacement that good. We need a player that is as good as alonso and a player that is compatible with the other players in our team. When you think about it thier aint many around that will fit the bill. I would tottally loose my nut if alonso leaves. Its like ronaldo leaving manchester united.... In some ways. We can't loose him this close to a premiership title
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Totally true but it would make me very happy but if I was a liverpool fan I would know that look around there's really no suitable replacement. There's a shortage round the world of Available center mids
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It seems like he will move so gago will get no games now lol wow real madrid uses and leave em lol
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah looks like he will be gone this summer, I rally wanted him to stay but if we get Ribery it would be nice too haha

Rafa Benitez is holding out for £35m for midfielder Xabi Alonso - but Real Madrid are likely to pay Liverpool nearer £30m for the 27-year-old Spanish international. Either way, the deal will done in the next few days. (Daily Express)
Elucari (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The suspense is killing me but Ribery would be nice, but we can't bank on that
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think Ribery has said he is moving nowhere this season
I'd rather have David Villa or Silva than Ribery to be honest...
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Everyone is talking about getting Ribery,Silva,Villa, A Rooney.... Etc.But a great player is leaving the club and I think Rafa is not ready with a replacement for him(Lucas Yak).I guess the deal should go through quickly because Rafa will get to spend the money sensibly buying a good Defensive Mid's.
Please Alonso don't Leave.
Ynwa

Alonso the Great

Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Omg god forbid we get stuck with Lucas as our only option omg sign someone!
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Why hold on to a player who doesn't want to be in liverpool. My opinion (bloody foreigners, in a couple of years torres will be like alonso
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 4 years ago
We shouldve got barry
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 4 years ago
What's the problem with foreigners? Don't get mad just because the last English player to call attention to the world was Beckham, and I'm pretty sure it was mainly because of his looks
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Alonso is a great player, but if he really wants to go, Liverpool can't force him to stay. I seriously can't think of any replacements, Mascherano is a good choice for only one defensive midfield, if they need 2, they would need to gamble out on Lucas or some others
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Liverpool Midfielder Xabi Alonso Hands In Transfer Request.

Link: www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/...
Sad.... We're losing him...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It looks like Chelsea are the only team in the top 4 not weakened significantly this summer.  Rafa must have an ace up his sleeve?
TheReggular (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Alonso is such an asset to the Liverpool squad! By the way Kingsickhead, I don't recall anyone saying in your previous thread that no-one is irreplacable, but Alonso is one of the few LFC players that is (currently). At the end of the day though, if the man wants to leave, he should leave. He's done so much for LFC that any true supporter should wish him all the best in his life and career first and foremost, and then promptly drop to their knees and beg him to stay!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football