Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Would Milan Be Different In January With Beckam?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
It seems that Beckham loan is nearly agreed.... The CEO Leiweke was clear that Beckham is not for sale but will be away starting january and will come back for the playoffs because he would finish his contract with LA Galaxy.... Would Beckham become the savior of Milan or the Boost they need?
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
Milan/Adidas+Beckham/Adidas+Galaxy/Adidas= HUGE profits allll around lool

Might even get some soccer moms to turn into RAI telelatino lol so maybe even tv ratings.... Lol I can't see nothin more but moneyyyy comming out of this
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
No not too much different in my opinion. Milan are a team in transition, learning a new style of play. The squad is pretty good, maybe a left back and a winger could give them a boost
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He won't have changed I don't think from his other loan spell whch was terrible and he doens't suit Milan. If he doesn't get to England quickly Fabio Capello won't be able to track his performances and then won't be able to pick him for the WC 2010 which will be really sad because he will probably be about 39 by the time 2014 comes which means he will probably will be retired by then. I don't think he should go back to Italy under any circumstances - his time there spoilt his career and even though he has got Ronaldinho, like Rayrulesohye I just think he will be the same and the pair don't work well. I would like to see him play well and it would be really nice to see him play at his best again but I think his days are nearly over and he won't perform. Oh well
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Did you watch him there? He was brilliant there! More so than at LA. Hopefully he's able to provide a few more precise cross to Pato and KH. I've said before. The world has not yet uncover another player who provides such ridiculous accuracy of crosses. But Milan at the moment needs 2 new fullbacks more. The flanks are shambolic!
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yes, milan needs defenders. But milan needs a true No. 10 since no replacement currently kaka. Ronaldinho is not. We need a midfielder who can accelerate the game Beckham is a good team wins. Beckam can not take the game alone
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't agree with you. Milan are terribly in need of reinforcements!And becks will definitely suit them, Nowadays pirlo is not atall doing his job so they are desperately in need of such a player. Moreover beckham is professional and will perform anywhere consistently!
Also during last season he was awesome.... Not terrible!
There is no one in milan to cross the ball into the box often so beckham is gonna' make some huge impact in the team!
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I'm not saying that Beckham was not good, I like beckam. But milan needs a quick player who plays dribble, which accelerated the game beckam is accurate, makes good passes but he is like Pirlo. Beckham does not play like kaka! He needs someone to play like kaka. This is what I say
Vodka (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I think Beckam can fit perfectly.... He actually can do the same job Kaka used to do
I don't agree with you vodka. Though beckham can fit into the team how can he take the role of kaka. Its silly!Kaka is an AMF while beckham can play as a CMF or RMF. Kaka used to do a lot of solo runs and score a lot which Beckham cannot do. Its very very funny and silly to compare beckham with kaka. Both are totally different
With Beckam the story of milan might change because he is a great player
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
This is not as you think.... If Milan wants success then they have to find a good defence! Beckham alone in the midflied can't take all responsibility for the teamplay...
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think milan would get better with becks.... Yes.... He dissapoints rarely and he is good at crossing. We need good crossers and becks would do that good. Huntelaar's goal drought may end with becks's arrival I think!
Its a very good news for milan! They are desperately in need of quality and consistent players like beckham. But his arrival cannot make a very big change, they need very god wing backs who can beat the defenders and give some crosses to the strikers!
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
Beckham is not the problem !
Milan needs something else, every players of that club, (almost) won everything!
Seedorf, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Zambrotta, Inzaghi even Beckham, they have nothing to prove.... Moreover they won all those trophees with this club !
So they need something to stimulate them, something to motivate them to win again.
As we all said Leonardo is better as a recruiter, but if another coach would come it will be the same players so : what is the real problem?
If Beckham would have to come, he just will bring is experience and shot some free kicks but he can not make the difference as he used to did in the past !
Let's see that on january...
Salt (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
As far as I'm aware Milan's main problem is that their average age is so high. They need an injection of youth into their side. Beckham certainly isn't young! I do feel he'd make a difference, however. His first spell there was very promising and his professionalism is never in question.

I think one thing they'll really regret is letting Gourcuff go. He could be exactly what they need just now
Yeah I agree beckham is not young.... But he is coming only on a loan deal.... So that's not a big problem, I think
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
It is right as you said Salt.... The average age at Milan is in my opinion very high! Pato is a young and talented player but the others as Inzaghi, Pirlo.... & Beckham who is coming back on loan are old players!
On3two (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Milan's greatest problem is their manager. He isn't up to the task at hand so even though Beckham would come to Milan, it won't make much of a different. They need to produce another player like Kaka, and quick
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
The greatest problem now is not Leonardo. The whole team are crying out virtually in need of new blood. Leonardo dun really have the say in transfer dealings as a rookie coach. Galliani and Berlusconi need to accept that this team is not capable of challenging for scudetto and hence take out the leftover from the 50 mil to replace the super old fullbacks and midfield. At last count, 2 fullbacks, at least 2 new attacking midfielders are needed to reinject the youthfulness back to this side. However, I wouldnt mind having Becks in for half a year for stopgap solution. I love this club. But they are too loyal to their players. Shelling out millions to these bunch of players are taking a toll on the club. They should identify youth players capable of stepping up, buy younger and cheaper salaried players while phasing out the old guards
That's right man.... They need some of that  
That's right man.... They need some of that  
Well said man!I think leo should resign.... He is inexperienced!The squad, in my opinion, is looking descent.... Leanardo's strategies suck and he acts sometimes silly.... Remember milan vs zurich? He subbed seedorf who was looking bright, instead of subbing pato who was playing horribly!
Ninsane (Manchester United) 4 years ago
No it won't help having beckham back. They need better line of defence
No, Their defence is already doing pretty well. They are conceding not more than a goal. The problem is their strike department. Their strikers are struggling a lot without any service from the midfield. So ultimately their mid field should improve if they want to win matches, Which Beckham
Could provide. Pirlo is not at all doing is job, he is the only player there who could provide some accurate passes. So if beckham arrives he could take that job and give some service to the strikers!
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Actually beckham might do some good for milan. He would take the pressure off ronnie's shoulders allowing him to do some better playmaking himself and also finish a few while also giving pato, huntelaar, and inzaghi that extra bit of service. He may be overrated, and like the rest of the players on ac milan, old, but I really do believe that he might be a real difference maker
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Totally agree with you, mate!
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Milan are really struggling now. Becks is a good player but never in the "great" bracket for me. He is also an aging player. He will not be the type of player Milan needs.

Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Actually he is exactly the player Milan needs.... To add another tenant for their retirement complex they are building at the San Siro
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I guess there is still hope to have the old Ac Milan back after watching this game.... Ronaldinho didn't say his last word, now I doubt it more than ever that he will retire as it has been said.... Welcome back Ac milan.... With Beckham on the team, They have a chance to shine again
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
Maybe all the media will go after beckham and give the team some slack and that will allow them their second breathe lol
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
No, Beckham is not the player they need, they need a player that will inject creativity, pace, enthusiasm to the team, and frankly, Beckham is too old to do any of those things. Milan has deteriorated so much that it is truly incredible they won the Champions League a 3 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football