Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Worst Buy 2010-11
Cloudst 3 years ago
Sebastien "squids" squillaci    Dreadful -__-
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Poulsen, Joe cole, konchesky and roy hondgson for liverpool
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Poulsen is absolutely useless. Whoever thought he would help liverpool must have been out of his mind
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Chtistian poulsen!
Bjarni10 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Torres stands out of course. But don't forget Jerome Boateng (City) and Steven Pienaar (Tottenham)
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Really? Pienaar really hasnt got much chances, besides he was only 3mil or so, he wasnt half bad with Milan
Milan? When did he play for Milan?
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Ayyam stop doing stuff
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Pienaar was a pointless buy. Not that he's a bad player, but with Kranjcar there.... I really didn't get that move
If Kranjcar leaves this summer Pienaar will probably be the new Kranjcar and never play
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Redknapp can be weird sometimes.... I think Kranjcar is 100% out
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Sepp Blatter. You can't buy any worse than that could you?
DerBomber (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Well said. And he has been "bought" again this season. I would throw Platini into the list too as a bonus
Hkremixboy (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
No doubt Fernando Torres is overrated...
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Torres ain`t overrated. He`s a very good striker who made the wrong move so far, that`s all. He played 18 games, so I don`t think his skills have deteriorated That much (regardless of having scored just one goal of course)
Lets wait for May 2012 to judge El Nino
I blame the World Cup for El Nino's problems though. Not just him, but many players as well. I suppose their deserved break was cut short, and they never did have the time to recover, so perhaps it is unfair to criticise him thus far?
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Edin Dzeko, Poulsen and the one and only BEBE - oh dear, I knew Fergie should have not made him cut his hair...... He is probably like Samson, the hair makes him stronger/better

Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
That's definitely true. Wes brown, rio ferdinand and seedof were all better players before they shaved their heads. Look at kenwayne jones, he is as strong as an ox
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
If bebe is worth 7 million then torres is definitely worth 50 million.    Bebe, torres and boselli
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Has to be Torres. 50 million. 18 games 1 goal and 1 assist. Someone that broke the english transfer record should at least hit double figures
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Agreed
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
1 goal, 2 assists*
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I can only imagine if Fergie was chelsea's manager.... I wouldn't want to be in that dressing room
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
For intelligent football debate he hasnt really explained what he wants people to discuss. Is it for this season? Just in the Premier League? What?

Anyway my vote is for Quaresma, for everywhere he went apart from Porto. Didn't he get voted worst player in Seria A once?
Cloudst 3 years ago
Quaresma is doing very well at his current club
Haha where is he now anyway? He had a magnificent fall from stardom
Mahel11 (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Quaresma? He scored 17 goals this season for Besiktas, Serie A worst player? Mourhinho didn't really play him I'm guessing that's why and he's doing good this season if he scored 17 goals, how is he the worst buy of the season specially when he left Inter like 2 season ago, I think you kinda late on your vote
Read the thread title pal. Its 'Worst Buy'. Not Worst Buy This Season. Also, read my post, its explains my opinions about this thread. And yes Quaresma is a terrible buy, he was dreadful at Chelsea and dreadful at inter
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Not in the same league or price range as the players mentioned above, but for £7m, bebe is a complete joke.
He should be arrested for fraud for pretending to be a footballer
Lol, if hernandez is a testimony to fergie's brilliance that what is bebe, lol, one of the few mistakes old red nose has done in the last few years,

To be fair I think you should pay someone to pick the lad up. LOL
We've already wasted £7m, and you want us to fork out again, to get rid of him? .... Lol
Does Bebe kinda remind you of Ali Dia from Southampton years ago? Similar story, but for Sir Alex to hold on to him, he must be of some value, I hope
Well he's in talks with turkish side besiktas at the minute, I hope they take him off our hands
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Fernando Torres. Chelsea had clear objectives this season (epl/cl), they had firepower up front already. The addition of Torres never made any difference
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Adriano for Roma & Torres for Chelsea. Enough said
Adriano? I don't think he played that many and the games I saw he did good I think he even scored
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Adriano from Roma? When Did he score? I hope you don't think I'm talking Adriano from Barcelona
I said I think he scored. I don't even remember the last time he played for roma, he didn't play that many games, how is he the worst buy of the season? 5 appearances actually, and the one I saw he did good that's why I thought he scored.come on he only played 5 games whatever how many goals he scored or how much they bought him he shouldnt be the worst buy and he wasnt even on the team for the whole entire season he left in the beginning of march. Worst buy is how the player did not how the team used him or if they didn't use him and once again you can't say he was the worst buy when he only played 5 games come on theres better choices then Adriano
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Up in Scotland Celtic have bought a couple, one of which is Effren Juarez, clubs like Barca, and a few of the EPL clubs were supposed to be after him too, he figured in the first few games for them and been non-existent ever since.... Flop!

The other is Freddie Ljungberg, they got him on a free so didn't pay anything for him but I'm guessing he's picking up around 30k a week for doing bugger all, he joined saying he was fitter than he's ever been, only seen him play for Celtic a couple of times, definitely not worth the wages, once a great player now just seeking a big pay day and got it too, fair play to him! Lol
Holding my head down in shame and am going to muble that spaniard that you know moved for a ridculous fee to one of his clubs enemies. David Villa

Just kidding, of course it's gotta' be Torres unfortunately, while having alot of good games (movements, good work rate, good positioning etc), he has been atrocious in goals, I thought he was an instant package that exploded once put into water. And after the west ham game, he he fades into oblivion, give him a pre-season though, its unfair to chuck someone in mid-season and blame them. We're not all Suarez-es, or Luiz-es, or Pazzinis.

He does get the flop of the season though

Kick4Life - changing lives through football