Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will Real Madrid Over Top Barcelona This Year
Speedmessi10 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I've been Thinking with Barcelona missing their top striker Eto'o replaced with Ibra and with Madrid with [C.] Ronaldo and kaka who will be champions in Spain

Jman008 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ibra will play alot better with Bareclona than Inter Milan, I really believe that because he is surrounded with Henry, Messi, Inesta and Xavi. He will defiintely do better here
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes he will be better, but better than eto was it the question! I don't think so. I think barca got screwed in that deal, but still don't think you could complain with ibra
Ibra is alright its just missing eto'o is so weird what is barcelona with out eto'o
Ibra is good ill tell you that but its going to take a while for ibra to show his skills because he dosent play the barca way
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Well both teams have been playing well during pre-season. Barca just won the Supercup against Bilbao, so they are still in their winning ways. It's a really tough call; as always, it's going to come down to either one of them claiming the title. I don't see any other team sneaking in and taking it. Will Barca win the treble? I wish, but it's doubtful. I think Barca and Madrid will split their season matches. But honestly, after all the spending this year, Madrid has a lot more to prove than Barca; they have the most pressure to win. If they don't win the league, it will be considered a failure (unless they cruise through the Champions League)
I agree
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I certainly hope Barca stays on top, but to think they can repeat by taking the treble is a little optimistic. I do think they will take La Liga, though it will be a very exciting tight race. I don't think Real Madrid will come together enough as a team to topple Barca from their throne on top of La Liga, they won't have the consistency necessary to win a league title. And Barca look incredibly dangerous, Messi and Ibra look like they will be working magic together all season(from the short amount of play I have seen them together). And Pep is a fantastic manager that will have them working like a well oiled machine.

Anything could happen but I think Barca will take La Liga again, Champions League is a whole other story
Algerian10 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Agreed with you, Barcelona is the best with Messi!
Messi is awesome but so is Ronaldo and Kaka
Messi is powerfull and dangoures wioth the ball so I still think barca will rule spain
VanPersie (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I think real madrid will top Barca. How could they not with so many great strikers and midfielders. I hope it's a real close title race with lot's of great goals and tight matches. If kaka and [C.] ronaldo hit foem you can almost say the title is Reals already
Yeah but everyone like ibra but when I see him play I was like what GET IBRA OUT OF barca they can say that about see ronaldo also and kaka so welll see when la liga starts
Well Real Madrid will defintely do alot better this year that last year and I'm suprised there defeense has been solid to so far. I defientely think Real Madrid can top Barcelona. Both are top class team and both will be fighting for the best. This years game of the year will probably be the game between these two but I'm more wanting to see how Real Madrid do in the Champions league this year. They havnt been so great in the UCL for the past couple of years
Smithybhoy83 (Celtic) 4 years ago
Agree that the title challange will be stronger from Real Madrid this season, the el classico matches will be much more even than last years. Overall I think Barcelona have a more settled squad and added new faces to an already world-class side, you just wonder how well all the new faces at real madrid will get on. Also how well they will be recieved by those still at the club, whom they have replaced, the likes of sneijder, van der vaart and others may be a disruptive influence. Should be an interesting season!
I think real will do better but I still think that barca could win
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think Madrid will win the league. I think they will use their starts propaly
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Barca will remain champions of the Premeira. Despite Madrids addition of Kaka and Ronaldo Barca landed Ibrahimovich which is a total score. Many of the players from barca have played there their entire careers. The loyalty and chemistry at Barca really shows in their performances. Madrid still has to work out the kinks and form some type of chemistry. Gaint egos alone wins chapionships not
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Word, I agree. In a tight race, as this will surely turn out to be, factors such as chemistry, morale, and psyche will play a bigger role. Barca has the edge on Real there. Real will definitely have a better season; however, how will they respond to injuries, or if they stumble and have a stretch of bad games? When you have a team that has been assembled the way Real has (and similarly Man City), you have a surplus of talent, but also a giant surplus of egos. And when there is no unity or cohesion, then these egos will have an adverse affect on the team, especially when the team is going through a rough patch
Duartej86 (CA Boca Juniors) 4 years ago
NO WAY BARCELONA PLAYS AS A REAL TEAM
Fiasko (Chelsea) 4 years ago
That's why its the "el classico"...
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Real Madrid will win the primera division because we have a good coach who can deal with the egos, get the team together, and make the right decisions while shrugging of the pressure. Besides Real Madrid has looked great team chemistry wise in pre-season. We have many players who can glue the team together like Alonso and Kaka.

(Well I hope they win but Barca has a good chance as well.)
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
It wil be very tough for Barca this season, Real have bought great players this summer, they got world class midfields (Kaka, Alonso) and forwards (Benzema, Ruud, Raul, Higuian) and a great coach at the top. But the fact that they want to sell most of their players from last season is quite strange, look at the quality they have sneijder, robben, van der vaart. I know they spend alot but if they sell those players they will be a big problem of depth in the squad. And when several first team players will get injured we won't see the same quality on the pitch . For a team that wants to win everything you have to have quality players on the bench as well if they can keep at least robben and sneijder i'll say that Real are favorite for this seaon (and Benzema will be pichichi )
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Real has loads of star players they look quite strong on paper, they will need time for them to get used to new manager and to the club. Barca will be the team to beat their squad is very balanced. They already have a cup in their bag and still counting it will be very difficult for them to retain champions league, they will capture all others UEFA super cup, La Liga, King's Cup, Fifa Club World Cup
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Barcelona will stay on top in my opinion because they have all the pieces in place from a very very strong squad last year. They have the chemistry and the correct formation and coach that has been with them the whole time. They have the strongest midfield in world football and the best attack imo. Ibrahimovic will score loads and create loads for them as well.

Real Madrid will be strong but might take some time to gel and their might be clashes of egos within the dressing room. Also their defence may have improved with Albiol and Arbeloa but I'm still not confident that they will be able to contain strong attacks and they will leak goals. Also, even though I rate Pelligrini really highly, I am not sure he will be able to keep everyone happy and problems will arise imo. However, Xabi Alonso might be the key piece to their line-up. He can make all the boxes tick (much like Xavi and Fabregas). Their most important signing imo.

That said I believe FC Barcelona will be the team to beat in Spain and Europe this year. Whether they accomplish that remains to be seen
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Barcelona will win la liga

Kick4Life - changing lives through football