Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will Manchester United Have A Good Stand Against Chelsea On Nov 8, 2009?
Harsham (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Do you think Manchester United will be able to beat Chelsea on Nov 8, 2009?
RyanRB (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think so. They have a better club and they have the upper hand
Ltm017 5 years ago
Hahaha. you know your being biased but its cool we all have it in us one way or another. Lol
What do you mean biased?
Ltm017 5 years ago
No not you Harham I mean RyanRB. But I meant because he is a Man Utd fan he said that they have a better club. Which can be up for interpretation, not that I'm saying otherwise because I like Man Utd, but Chelsea I think is at the top of their game right now whether or not people like it.... So I don't know if they really have the upper hand like he said I think this is a fair match. The two top clubs
Oh. I see. I also don't think Man-U is better. Chelsea is on top of us by 2 points. It's definitely going to be a close call
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
We're expert in catching up, dun worry mate! Lol
Ok
Monrovia (Manchester United) 5 years ago
4 ltm017 Man UTD is the best sport club in the world. It is the most popular club on earth lol and by the way we will beat chelsea and put them 2 the bottom were they blong
We lost 1-0
Kestonj (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Not to dash the home of any Man UTD fans out there, but I figure Chelsea may run away with the game. For some strange reason, Man UTD seams to be lacking that spark that they had, call it ronaldo of you will but to me, although they have been doing ok, Chelsea seams to be the more convincing of the to sides at the moment.... That however doesn't mean that they can't spring a surprise, which is something that they are very adept at doing as any man city or arsenal fan would know
I don't think so. They are very close together. I think I would depend on who is feeling good that day.    Any ways, I hope Man-U wins!
This january hope SAF buy the uruguay hot shot from ajax to create more spark!
Tony (footytube staff) 5 years ago
Its one of those games, whoever plays well on the day
I agree
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
United certainly have a great chance to beat chelsea. United knows just how important this fixture is as it could be the title decider along with the return leg. SAF will thus undoubtedly drill into his players heads to do their absolute best on sunday. Its just one of those games where both teams always step it up and play their best, which often means so boring football since we usually cancel eachother out, but its still great for both sets of fans. The way chelsea has been playing lately has been amazing for us chelsea fans, and scary for other fans. United no doubt feel the same way. Anyone who has watched us lately knows just how good we are under ancellotti, and how good we have been during times to step it up (against liverpool and atletico just today though it ended in a draw, we really deserved to win it in my oppinion since the ref seemed to love to call ever petty foul against us despite half of them being rediculously light with atletico players going down far too easily). I do have to say that I honestly believe that us blues will come out with 3 points since we're home, and have some magnificent form recently while only the opposite is true for united (they aren't playing bad, but lets face it, they arent exactly on form at the moment). Of course expect united to try to prove themselves after losing 2-0 to liverpool and only just barely getting a point against cska. Tough match to call since in reality, when it comes to these two teams, once that whistle blows you may as well throw their form out the window. Expect a thriller on sunday, whether slow or fast paced, this one will be very important
Not necessarily. I am a United Fan. Chelsea is on top of Man UTD by 2 points. Although that is not a lot, the game is still going to be a really close call
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Noticed how these days I keep agreeing with Blueskiesahead....

I do think Liverpool won that match because they were desperate. So now if ManU are able to turn the desperation 'on'.... It'll be quite a match.
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I'm excited. Our back four has looked a little suspect in recent matches (I'm looking at you, Rio.... You're better than that mate. Sure he's arguably the best striker in the world, but come on man you can do better). In my opinion it all depends on how well the defenses play come match day. You can bet that Drogba will be in top form, but so will Rooney and Berba who have been playing well together. It'll be an exciting match either way no doubt
I agree
Likewise andydelz. Hopefully chelsea feels the desperation because I really do expect to see united playing their best footy on sunday. This is a necissary win for them, but also for us. I really believe that whoever wins this is likely to go on to win the premiere league and I think SAF and ancellotti both believe the same thing. Notice how they havent been out in the limelight of the media as much as usual this week
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I won't lie to you, Manchester United have looked somewhat shaky the past couple weeks. Then take in consideration Chelsea's good form at the moment, as you said, and the fact that it's at Stamford Bridge. So the odds are tipped precariously in Chelsea's favor. However Manchester United have that reputation of going out and getting the job done, in the case getting all three points.

I agree with you Blueskiesahead, I think Chelsea will come out on top but not before a subdued 90 minutes go by
Can't rem hows ManU record at Stanford Bridge this few years. Should be pretty bad in my memory....

I praying hard ManU will win. Because a blues win will make the league dull.
Man UTD hasn't won at the bridge since 02. Quite a record in my oppinion
So now's 8 years in a row then. 02-09 Bridge defeats - - RIP MU
Ltm017 5 years ago
I think that Chelsea definitely have the better chance but when it comes to Manchester United I wouldn't put it pass them to win it, that's what I like about them Chelsea is the team to beat no one can deny that but it is not easy to call the match as that. IMO the problem with United is Nani and Berbatov. Berbatov can't finish sometimes and Nani.... Well people rated him to high in the beginning. Either way it will be a tough match and I believe that both teams will fight their hardest for the best finish. This is not something I believe anyone can really predict. It is something not to be missed.

Can't wait
FUTBAL (Chelsea) 5 years ago
No doubt that MU is a strong team. Chelsea will still stand a better chance in winning the game. Mu still face some injuries as compared to Chelsea
Senthil (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Chelsea will be the winner by leading one or two goals against man you. Chelsea is doing a good job in last few games. But manu is having some problem after transfers of tevez and ronaldo. They not played like last season. Chelsea is in pressure from board to win the match, as they not doing well in last two seasons, especially last season matches chelsea loosed to manu by more goal difference. Manu is having rooney and berbatov who playing well in last few games, berbatov is lazy to run. Valencia is doing good job eventhou he is not a succesor of ronaldo. Owen is making goals at last minute, nani anderson van der ser, vidic, ferdinad are there its not easy to win that match for chelsea, eventhou they are playing in last few games, even red devils can make nightmare for chelsea by luck. Cech is keeping well like spider in a web. Drogba is making goals in all games, lampard with his free kicks and terry defendinds and essien deadly kicks and moaulda, he is the play maker of the team. As both teams are having great players it is tough to say who is going to win, but as per last few games we can say chelsea have chance to win. We will wait see! Best wishes for both teams !
Hope to overtake chelsea when their african players on duty in the nation cup! Lol
Be hope!
Yeah.... 1st we must have a dream, faith then hope.... In the end, we will achieve what we want! Lol
We will see ! Baby! Don't dream much!
I knew your team very on top at the moment while my team having problems all over the pitch.... Strikers can't score, no playmaker, rio and vidic not as tough as last season but will perform better as underdogs! Lol
Derby22 (Derby County) 5 years ago
That's a really hared question to ask. Both teams are so closely matched, but to be honest with you, chelsea might only just get the upper hand. After Manchester United's loss against liverpool, chelsea might only just finish the match winning. This season, chelsea has got a great manager, and a good and strong team. After selling ronaldo they haven't been playing and winning as much as they used to. Chelsea have a good strong team this season, but manchester united have a bit of a less stronger team. I think chelsea might only just scrape in a goal at around 70 minutes
Maybe
Lukas (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Chelsea 2 0 manchester united   Lampard 44 RED CARD vidic   Drogba 79
I don't think so. I think it will be like around 1-1
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Chelsea 3-2 Man United

I think we could have a really thriller on our hands because of the form of these two at the moment. I hate predicting Chelsea because it always seems if I predict Chelsea winning publicly, then they lose. Its alright in my head, but I'm really worried that I've put that now and it could pay in with a big decision.

The goals may go something like this:
Drogba 18'
Berbatov 55'
Lampard 67'
Ballack 86'
Owen 90'
I'll go for valencia to score since he's the most on form for united at the moment!
Lukas (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Yeah same thing about guessing
Riggs (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I can't with confidence make any prediction. United will do better than they did against liverpool. United's defence is still very shaky. Drogba will be very threatening. Its at stamford bridge. Chelsea have very good form. But it is manchester united they're playing so anything can happen. Its really a must-win for united, so they won't take it lightly. I'm pumped
Same here. I think it is a hard decision to make
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think it will end a draw tbh. I think chelsea will create more chances and look the better side but won't finish on chances. United imo are still missing something that will allow them to win these bigger games. Nani and Vidic are ready to have one of those awesome games they have every now and then. Also chelsea seem to be in better form so that gives them a bit of an advantage. I guess we will have to wait and [C.]

Final score 2:2 or 3:3
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
No chance chelsea Man UTD will end 2 0
Chelsea are unstoppable at the moment.... The game will decide on the midfield area, on paper chelsea ahead but anything can happen but I'm happy with 1 point from stamford bridge!
Monrovia (Manchester United) 5 years ago
If we look at what's on paper than arsenal would not be second right now
Arsenal got a bunch of great young talents but that doesn't enough.... They probably on fire at the moment but in the long run, their young guns will get exhausted, they need a few experience players to guide them.... Look at our club for an example, why fergie kept rotating the squads? You will see the results after the long run epl fixtures...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
All in all I'm expecting a good game. Chealsea do seem to be the favourites based on thier form, but sir alex always pulls out something. So who knows. I really want a draw. If both team lose points here, liverpool can catching up a little

Kick4Life - changing lives through football